Search Results - SC2 Mafia
Register

Search:

Type: Posts; User: MartinGG99

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 0.02 seconds.

  1. Forum:News

    Thread:Ganelon's departure

    Thread Author:Marshmallow Marshall

    Post Author:MartinGG99

    Replies
    12
    Views
    137

    ►►Re: Ganelon's departure◄◄

    RIP

    We all move on at some point.
  2. Forum:Signups

    Thread:S-FM 305 Signups: Spirits IIc (LADDER)

    Thread Author:SuperJack

    Post Author:MartinGG99

    Replies
    99
    Views
    1,717

    Poll: ►►Re: S-FM 305 Signups: Spirits IIc (LADDER)◄◄

    I can /in now

    My current game on another site has become really low-maintanence since basically two players just left the game for reasons unknown (it wasn't even a ragequit so wth) among other factors

    And my other game on another site starting tomorrow is a "for fun" game on the Syndicate, so I don't expect that I'll be expected to be super committed to it. Its a U-pick, role madness game like Stealth's ?krc setup (but not exactly the same) so I don't expect my own input to matter a whole lot... especially since it has 52 players lol.

    So if this were to start from now on I would be fine with that.

    Btw @SuperJack

    Don't forget to remove Ganelon since he had to unsign. I see he's still listed as #3.
  3. Forum:Forum Mafia Discussion

    Thread:Lore in FM

    Thread Author:Marshmallow Marshall

    Post Author:MartinGG99

    Replies
    6
    Views
    89

    ►►Re: Lore in FM◄◄

    1: I like having some sort of flavored reasoning for how a role list or setup came into existence

    2:
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperJack View Post
    I can't write for shit.
  4. Forum:Narrator Discussion

    Thread:7/31 Interest Thread

    Thread Author:Voss

    Post Author:MartinGG99

    Replies
    15
    Views
    219

    ►►Re: 7/31 Interest Thread◄◄

    I hereby state my interest in the participation of a game where I get n1 yeeted



    I'm jk, but I do wanna /in
  5. Replies
    23
    Views
    332

    ►►Re: The Death Threat Meeting (12p)◄◄

    Tiny update to the lynch/elimination mechanics. I had slight difficulty in understanding lynch/elimination mechanic terms (i.e. Majority and Plurality) initially because of my noob experience being on here then on MU. But now I have full understanding of what Plurality and Majority mean in terms of who gets killed by the votes, if any. It is now what I originally intended to mean or communicate.
  6. ►►Re: MafiaUniverse replaced the word ‘lynch’ with eliminate◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Ganelon View Post
    which is besides the point anyways, it’s not racist and there’s no need for it to be.
    I don't think its inherently racist -- like many things in language and life context matters. And I do not imply that the vast majority of the use "lynch" has been racist (especially in the game of Mafia).

    However, when there are alternatives to a word that can (or often do) mean the same thing, then it is not necessary to use that exact word and there is no need for it.

    Like I said though, I'm not really going to hold it against anyone else on that point, but for me personally I am going to hold it against myself as a matter of holding myself to a disproportionate standard than I do for others.

    I'm going to train myself to use words like "yeet" or "eliminate" or "execute" from now on. If someone gets confused by what I say, I can bring it up and explain or clarify very easily what I meant.
  7. ►►Re: MafiaUniverse replaced the word ‘lynch’ with eliminate◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Thingyman
    Official ruling regarding the usage of "Lynch" on MU

    Summary: Lynch has been replaced by Eliminate

    Spurred on by this thread, the moderation and admin team have discussed and come to a conclusion on the matter of how to treat the word "lynch" on Mafia Universe.

    As the staff sees it, this matter is very simple.

    The word "lynch" is uncomfortable to a significant amount of users on MU, for understandable and valid reasons. Changing that one word to another word isn't gonna change how we play the game, and we're all ultimately here to play a game, and I hope that we also all want everyone to be happy whilst playing it.

    So we will change the official usage from "lynch" to something else. I.e. the Modbot, OP's and threadmarks will use a different word going forward. What this word will be has not yet been determined, that's the next step for us to discuss.

    The word "lynch" will not be banned. I.e. users may still use that terminology.

    There are several reasons for this. One, this is an international site (and now we also have Partnered Communities) and for a majority of the world the word "lynch" does not have the same connotations as it does for Americans. Two, we frankly feel that the amount of users using the word intending it to carry negative racial connotations is so very low that this is not something we wish to moderate. Instead, we feel it's much more valuable for this to be something that the community can self-moderate, so to say.

    In other words, we are making another word the site standard, and then the rest is up to the community.

    This also means that we will NOT introduce the ability to customize the word for "lynch". We will find a common, standard term and use that for some time, to allow the community time to settle on that as the new common terminology, before introducing the option to customize. If we customize from the get-go, it will be more difficult and confusing for players - especially new players joining the site - to work out which terms to use.

    The changes haven't been made yet, but they will be. We ask that you please be patient with us on this.

    We will also be looking into changing the site logo. If you think you're the person for this job, please contact us.
    Here's Thingyman's post btw, for refrence.
  8. ►►Re: MafiaUniverse replaced the word ‘lynch’ with eliminate◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Ganelon View Post
    LMAOOOO imagine being so triggered by ‘lynch’ that you have to replace it with eliminate... because of racial implications
    https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/threads/26243-Official-ruling-regarding-the-usage-of-Lynch-on-MU
    tbh info yeet > info lynch imo. Some peeps are using "yeet" instead of "elimination". Actually, there is no rule as to which to use, its only the modbot and site stuff that will use "eliminate".

    From a personal perspective, I would agree with what Thingyman wrote about the majority of the cases of "lynch" have no negative intent. I have only used the term "lynch" because its what other players have used to describe a mechanic of the game.

    However, as StealthBomber16 has recently pointed out (in instant mafia), Mafia is a game that often includes discovering the author's intent in many messages. Coming from that mindset in the game, I can only imagine that at least some people may mistakenly apply the idea that the usage of "lynch" in a message or messages might contain negative intentions or connotations simply because of the historical significance, and believe that to be the author's intent (and therefore be uncomfortable or offended).

    I do think, though, misinterpretation on the author's intent isn't always the reader's fault. In extreme examples, if you were to communicate a message with nothing but a vast majority of swear words, and use that in trying to create a positive message, then the "misinterpretation" (that you had ill intent or non-positive intent) actually isn't the reader's fault there -- its most definitely yours for failing to consider how your intent might be read as. So, I do think there's some level of responsibility on authors of messages in general. And if they use the word "lynch" too carelessly, and someone misinterprets that and gets offended, that COULD be the author's fault, given that there are alternatives such as "execute" (Which was suggested in the original thread that brought the issue up!) that could be used.

    Though given the popularity of "lynch" on this website, and that in many cases "lynch" often times has no negatively intended meaning form the author, I'm not going to really hold it against them others and I will just not use it much myself.

    Oh and FYI they're currently debating a change in the MU logo image because, well, it contains a noose among other reasons.
    https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums...-MU-Logo-Ideas
  9. Replies
    23
    Views
    332

    ►►Re: The Death Threat Meeting (12p)◄◄

    Ready for review whenever you want to @Marshmallow Marshall
  10. Forum:General Discussion

    Thread:Countdown Timers

    Thread Author:MartinGG99

    Post Author:MartinGG99

    Replies
    1
    Views
    89

    ►►Countdown Timers◄◄

    Can't see COUNTDOWN in preview, so I'm checking it to see if it works.

    [COUNTDOWN]99:23:59:59[/COUNTDOWN]



    Edit: Turns out it does. Wish it could show on preview. But it does 100% work as you might expect.



    Edit Edit: Apparently this post serve a purpose now instead of deletion, yay!
  11. Replies
    23
    Views
    332

    ►►Re: The Death Threat Meeting (12p)◄◄

    SIGNIFICANT (Well, I guess its not super-significant since a lot of stuff was behind-the-scenes) update to the setup post.

    Oh, and I do realize it has literally become 6 towns and non-towns, and I'm not going to comment on that.

    Just trust me and MM that the setup is a lot better now! We even managed to mostly preserve the "flavored reasons" for this setup.
  12. Forum:Archived S-FMs

    Thread:S-FM 302: Magellan (15p)

    Thread Author:S-FM Magellan Core

    Post Author:MartinGG99

    Replies
    5,906
    Views
    47,670

    ►►Re: S-FM 302: Magellan (15p)◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by MartinGG99 View Post
    Not that I paid attention to the full game, as a spectator, but I did read that post by quinne. It did rub me the same way as it did to Stealthbomber16. It was a level of arrogance that was disturbing.

    I think if they said "I'll CONSIDER not voting you", then that would've been much more acceptable to me tbh. But saying "lynch" as if you controlled who gets lynched and who doesn't? Thats a whole other level of arrogance.
    Keep in mind that I'm not attacking the person who made the post, but rather the post itself. We can sometimes do bad things, but that doesn't inherently make us bad.
  13. Forum:Archived S-FMs

    Thread:S-FM 302: Magellan (15p)

    Thread Author:S-FM Magellan Core

    Post Author:MartinGG99

    Replies
    5,906
    Views
    47,670

    ►►Re: S-FM 302: Magellan (15p)◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    Conversely, my issue was actually the portion immediately after what you highlighted.



    That attitude just legitimately doesn't fly with me, and the arrogance disturbs me, especially as someone who considers themselves to be an overly arrogant person.
    Not that I paid attention to the full game, as a spectator, but I did read that post by quinne. It did rub me the same way as it did to Stealthbomber16. It was a level of arrogance that was disturbing.

    I think if they said "I'll CONSIDER not voting you", then that would've been much more acceptable to me tbh. But saying "lynch" as if you controlled who gets lynched and who doesn't? Thats a whole other level of arrogance.
  14. Replies
    10
    Views
    169

    ►►Re: Question about simulation theory and mafia/FM◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho View Post
    lol your words not mine dude

    I would never call you an [Redacted]
    I never said they were you words. Hence

    "I'll take that as"

    It was a 100% purely silly post.
  15. Replies
    10
    Views
    169

    ►►Re: Question about simulation theory and mafia/FM◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho View Post
    what
    I'll take that as confirmation that I'm an [Redacted].

    Therefore its pointless to me (as that's my opinion)! : D
  16. Replies
    10
    Views
    169

    ►►Re: Question about simulation theory and mafia/FM◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    If the universe is just a simulation we "exist" in, that implies there is a reality that is not part of the simulation.

    In that reality, do you think mafia/FM is played?
    Technically speaking we're in THE MOST realistic simulation of reality ------ reality itself.

    So because technically we can call reality itself a simulation of itself, I dont really see a point in considering things "outside the simulation".

    Also:

    Just because MartinGG99 is the most accurate simulation of MartinGG99's personality
    That doesn't imply or mean that there are other MartinGG99 personalities.

    Its just a wording gimmick to me that doesn't really mean anything.

    And even if there were another reality out there, our reality is that the reality is we cannot interact with it as far as I know.

    Or maybe i'm just being an [Redacted] right now. But if I am, then its still pointless to me on the basis that it's my opinion.
  17. Replies
    23
    Views
    332

    ►►Re: The Death Threat Meeting (12p)◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by secondpassing View Post
    Might I suggest forcing players to read their role card before the game begins?
    I LOVE hidden setups. This is highly anticipated.
    Well I'm not familiar with hosting on this site, but if I can then I would. I'm planning to co-host with Marshmallow Marshall once its finalized and fairly balanced as much as possible. I might need to fiddle with the player count a bit, but what I've been focusing on as of late is making sure the Non-Towns are not too unstable while maintaining the flavor that I would like to set up.
  18. Replies
    23
    Views
    332

    ►►Re: The Death Threat Meeting (12p)◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho View Post
    Hey man, I'm just saying what I see as an observer. I cant say anything positive because its a hidden setup obviously. Don't take it personally
    Sorry. Normally I handle my emotions fairly well, but some times the first time im doing stuff I overthink things and become unnecessarily sensitive to things due to anxiety.

    My last post was there so we could establish that as constructive criticism. I apologize if I offended you in any way during this.
  19. Replies
    23
    Views
    332

    ►►Re: The Death Threat Meeting (12p)◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho View Post
    I'm not making any of the suggestions you're implying

    Game could be 7v1v1v1v1v1 thats still technically 7v5 for a FM game

    Thats 12 players. In a 12 player game it takes 7 votes to lynch

    No matter what those roles are, that doesnt seem balanced at all
    Well, do you have anything positive to say?

    I understand you have concerns about the setup, but I can't really address all of them without revealing what the setup is.

    Which is kind of frustrating. The only way I can address them is if you trust Marshmallow Marshall to ensure it is balanced as possible while being a unique setup.
  20. Replies
    23
    Views
    332

    ►►Re: The Death Threat Meeting (12p)◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho View Post
    7v5 is hard. Town can lose majority so fast
    Sigh. I specificed "non-town" because that, as a word, include mutliple factions that may or may not be against each other as well as the town or maybe not against the town at all.

    In the mod, there's the Cult, Mafia/Triad, Executioners, Neutral Killing, and more that can conflict with each other, and some (the benign neutrals unless Auditor audits self lol) can often win with town.

    I'm not sure where you're getting the idea that "non-town" MUST be against the town.

    Furthermore, please don't forget this is being reviewed by FM moderators (namely @Marshmallow Marshall ). I suggest you consider that if you're concerned about this being a bad setup.

    Also keep in mind that this setup is WIP, player count and the count of Town vs Non-Town may change. (Actually, I just might make that hidden next time I update it)
  21. Replies
    23
    Views
    332

    ►►Re: The Death Threat Meeting (12p)◄◄

    Changing setup back to WIP. Thinking I may have to spend quite some time on this one before I get it right. ATM its a bit too unstable, so idk if it'll be abandoned in the future or not. But i'll keep trying.

    It just may take awhile before I get a good collection of setup settings/info thats hidden while still preserving the original ideas I had for this, and some of the flavor.




    EDIT: Actually the re-work took me quicker than I thought. Its technically ready for "review" again, but its not finished and has a few spots in it left open for some suggestion. But I think the new direction, while maintaining the bits of flavor, is much better. I won't update the first post here until it gets more finalized.
  22. Replies
    23
    Views
    332

    ►►Re: The Death Threat Meeting (12p)◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by blinkskater View Post
    Will a players faction be revealed upon death?
    Well--I originally meant that. But that really wouldn't matter for any role except for one case. And in that one case it wouldn't matter much, So I'll update it to say that'll reveal alignments. Thanks for the observation!
  23. Replies
    23
    Views
    332

    ►►Re: The Death Threat Meeting (12p)◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho View Post
    7 v 5 seems like a bit of a tall order
    What says that the 5 are against the 7?

    Not going to say any more.
  24. Replies
    23
    Views
    332

    ►►Re: The Death Threat Meeting (12p)◄◄

    Setup has had several changes, including a few changes to the rules and mechanics. Ready for review @Marshmallow Marshall
  25. Forum:Forum Mafia Discussion

    Thread:Quote Break feature

    Thread Author:aamirus

    Post Author:MartinGG99

    Replies
    5
    Views
    108

    ►►Re: Quote Break feature◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by aamirus View Post
    Hello. Just FYI FM guys I added this feature awhile back.

    When you are quoting a ginormous wall post and trying to respond to different bits of it. Instead of spending all that time changing the text color to show what parts you added:

    Just use the quote break button!


    How it works:
    Start quoting a post as usual
    Click where you want to split the text.
    Press quote break!
    I've noticed it in my first game here, but I'm meticulous so I like to mess with the BB code myself.
  26. Forum:Closed Signups (S-FM)

    Thread:S-FM 304: Instant Mafia

    Thread Author:naz

    Post Author:MartinGG99

    Replies
    36
    Views
    1,299

    ►►Re: S-FM 304: Instant Mafia◄◄

    @naz

    I'm on a game on MU, and from what I can see it might not end before Magellan ends. Especially if parts of Magellan are being quickened up now.

    I'll have to /out just to be safe.

    @bakermir

    you get to play / be in, if I understand the signups here correctly.
  27. Replies
    23
    Views
    332

    ►►Re: The Death Threat Meeting (12p)◄◄

    Setup is now in WIP. I'll be getting to it in the next few days hopefully. Thanks for the feedback, @Marshmallow Marshall
  28. Replies
    23
    Views
    332

    ►►Re: The Death Threat Meeting (12p)◄◄

    Im still deciding on whether to ban or allow Last Wills / Death notes. If you have any ideas about that, feel free to let me know @Marshmallow Marshall
  29. Replies
    23
    Views
    332

    ►►The Death Threat Meeting (12p)◄◄

    The Death Threat Meeting

    A Hidden Setup

    By: MartinGG99

    ROLE LIST
    Hidden Town
    Hidden Town
    Hidden Town
    Hidden Town
    Hidden Town
    Hidden Town

    Hidden Non-Town
    Hidden Non-Town
    Hidden Non-Town
    Hidden Non-Town
    Hidden Non-Town
    Hidden Non-Town


    Please note whenever the term "Elimination" is used here, it is referring to the day action that eliminates a player from the game through a voting process done by all living players. Players may refer to it with their own terms if they so wish.

    Basic Mechanics


    Days 48h / Nights 24h

    Roles with night actions may PM ahead of time for night actions, before Night begins.

    Eliminations end day, however night phases will only begin at the time as if there was no elimination during the day.

    There is a Night 0, but kills cannot occur during this time.

    Day 1 eliminations are allowed. Eliminations are Majority, requiring 51% of the vote. Eliminations also have Plurality, but are not mandatory.

    PM’s are not allowed unless they are to the Host.

    Upon death, the player’s role card (including alignment) will flip.

    There are no Last Wills or Death Notes.

    Actions may only be submitted up to the hour before night ends. Any actions submitted beyond that time will be ignored.

    RULES

    Anonymous accounts are allowed if you so wish. No hydras/archons/hybrids/etc though.

    DO NOT quote any PM’s to or from me.

    No cheating of any kind, I'm pretty sure you can figure out what that means; For example: No outside-of-game communication with other players with regards to the game.

    Obviously, the forum rules apply here.

    I reserve this color (#ae0b66) for host responses, messages, and/or posts. Avoid using colors similar to it. Messages will be remade in a spoiler, with a different (but unreserved) color if it is too difficult to read.Flavor posts (Ex: SoD, Start of Night, elimination flavor, etc) will not be remade in a different color unless requested to do so.

    In the words of Helz: “Keep hostilities Slot directed. Not player directed” (No personal attacks please)

    Role cards will be sent out at the beginning of Night 0. You must respond that you have received the role card before day 1 begins so I know you are aware of the game’s starting time and are aware of your role. Simply checking and responding to your acknowledgement of your role card PM is a quick and simple task; I do not expect there to be any excuses for this. As such, failure to reply to the PM by d1 will guarantee a forced replacement.

    No invisible text what-so-ever.

    10 notably contributing posts minimum per day. If I feel you have been too inactive, I may contact an FM moderator (Likely the one who reviewed the setup) who will be co-hosting. While I understand IRL things happen, subs are for the purpose of replacing people because of things like that. However, I won't replace on a whim, especially if it is in the foreseeable future that you will be able to dedicate more time to the game.

    Spamming (we're talking like 250 or more posts a day here) will probably get you replaced or mod killed after I warn you. Once again, though, I'll probably contact an FM moderator who will be co-hosting.

    Order Of Operations

    1.Everything else

    2.Kill-capable role actions (including any special abilities for those kill-capable roles)

    3.Any investigative actions

    All other information about this setup is hidden.

  30. Replies
    6
    Views
    207

    [Mechanics] ►►Re: ”I'm blackmailed" message not showing.◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    Yes, that is the word on the street.
    I think I heard this a long while back, but I'm sure I've heard it before once that something was wrong with silencer specifically. So I second this. And I don't think I heard it from renegade in the past, since I don't recall meeting him prior to 2020.

    Not that me seconding this adds any possible validity that it is indeed silencer-related, but I want to confirm I've heard it before. Just took a bit to remember it.
  31. Poll: ►►Re: "Who is Online" function and its relation with FM and general forum health◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    There has been talks, both in the community and among staff, about the "Who is Online" function, mainly because of FM: people being called out because they're on the thread without posting while they simply left the tab open, people being suspected for using invisible mode, people using "activity tells", etc. What do you think should be done about this?
    Hmmm.

    First Idea: I think discussion of "Who is Online" activity should be somehow out-ruled.

    Firstly, it makes a poor argument or basis for an argument IMO since there's already a tolerance or acceptance in the FM community that people have IRL stuff to deal with and therefore might not post later in a day phase or have to post only early in a day phase. I feel that any argument using "being online" & "viewing this page" activity as a basis conflicts with this tolerance of IRL influences that have nothing to do with the game, such as leaving the tab on.

    Also, I feel its an unfair determination that (either intentionally or unintentionally) presents a sort of bias against those who aren't clandestine when they view the forum and those who are. The point being, if you accuse one person based on being "online" and viewing the page; while someone else (that is part of the game) is posing as a guest through (for example) Chrome's Incognito mode and otherwise doing the exact same thing, then you would accuse one person without being aware that you could have or would accused another person of the same if you had knew they were online too.

    Secondly, with that information sometimes you can COM hunt in anonymous games by analyzing when certain accounts are online or not at what times over a section of time -- not that matters too much since COM hunting is often (if not always) banned in anonymous games.

    I have another idea, though I don't know if its feasible or not since I've never developed a website:

    Maybe for FM game pages, you de-facto hide all online accounts / remove the "viewing this page" feature. And on the main/home page, hide all anonymous account online statuses (Because if you did only the previous statement, that wouldn't prevent people in Anon games from looking on the main web page to see which Anon accounts are online).


    EDIT: I was typing this reply before MM put up or added the poll to this thread
  32. Forum:Closed Signups (S-FM)

    Thread:S-FM 304: Instant Mafia

    Thread Author:naz

    Post Author:MartinGG99

    Replies
    36
    Views
    1,299

    ►►Re: S-FM 304: Instant Mafia◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Zedus View Post
    Can someone explain what does that "instant" means?
    To me, "Instant" means this:

    To happen very quickly or immediately
    Like happening within a second. It was immediate.

    Here, "Instant" in "Instant Mafia" is part of the setup name. It could be named "Instant Mafia" because of the fact that it has no night phase, and lasts only 1 day phase. So, compared to other setups or games of Mafia, it is instantaneous, relatively speaking. And, of course, it's a game of Mafia. So it is named "Instant Mafia".

    I could be slightly wrong since I didn't name the setup.
  33. Forum:Closed Signups (S-FM)

    Thread:S-FM 304: Instant Mafia

    Thread Author:naz

    Post Author:MartinGG99

    Replies
    36
    Views
    1,299

    ►►Re: S-FM 304: Instant Mafia◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    /sign

    I love that burger XD
    Who would eat a burger with marshmallows in it? I wouldn't.
  34. Forum:Closed Signups (S-FM)

    Thread:S-FM 304: Instant Mafia

    Thread Author:naz

    Post Author:MartinGG99

    Replies
    36
    Views
    1,299

    ►►Re: S-FM 304: Instant Mafia◄◄

    /sign

    What if the town lynches a town and no mafias voted for that lynch? Wouldn't that technically result in a draw since the setup says the mafia must lynch a town (implying they had involvement in the lynch) in order to win?

    Its entirely possible with only 5 votes needed to lynch, and there's 6 townies. Even possible mayor, for that matter.

    And if the mafia didn't need to be involved, a better wording for the wincon should be: " Mafia: A Town is lynched " rather than " Mafia: Lynch 1 Town "
  35. Forum:General Discussion

    Thread:Asperger's Syndrome

    Thread Author:Efekannn02

    Post Author:MartinGG99

    Replies
    79
    Views
    4,790

    ►►Re: Asperger's Syndrome◄◄

    Mentioning @Ganelon

    In case you wanted to read my above response.
  36. Forum:General Discussion

    Thread:Asperger's Syndrome

    Thread Author:Efekannn02

    Post Author:MartinGG99

    Replies
    79
    Views
    4,790

    ►►Re: Asperger's Syndrome◄◄

    So I was lurking the website, looking at random old stuff or accounts, and I came across this:

    Quote Originally Posted by Ganelon View Post
    Well living with Asperger's > living with low-functioning autism. I can 100% guarantee that.
    I would like to make a point related to this. If I recall correctly, since Autism (of which Asperger's is either considered very similar or the same but just high-functioning) is a developmental disorder, generally the earlier the treatments for it, the better the outcome.

    Since Autism is a spectrum -- with a wide range of severity -- it may seem that those with more severe symptoms may be certainly less well-off than those with less severe symptoms. You would be somewhat right, but its not as clear cut for a few reasons.

    When it comes to detecting or diagnosing someone, generally symptoms have to be present or severe enough for it to be detected. Without it being detected or known, you can't treat it. Therefore, its reasonable that those with severe symptoms would be diagnosed sooner than those who have less severe symptoms.

    What this ends up meaning is that you (I don't have the exact stats here) might find that those with low-functioning autism be diagnosed and begin treatment by the time they're 5, while those with high-functioning Autism might not be diagnosed until they're in or around their teens in some cases. That's a lot of years where high-functioning individuals could have received treatment for their developmental disorder, if they had been detected/diagnosed as soon as people with low-functioning autism were.

    At this point, they may have gone through the entirety of elementary school (at least in the U.S. As far as I know; I don't know about other countries educational systems) having your social life aspects and classroom challenges being unmitigated. You may have not received an "Individual Education Plan" (IEP) that may have allowed you a quieter (or less distracting for your senses, given hyper-sensitivity issues) environment for you to learn in. You may have not learned how to make friends or approach situations appropriately (Granted though, that last statement is asking a bit much of a child). Worse, if your symptoms are light, some may even reject that you have a disorder even if you were diagnosed by a professional as having it. (I am hoping this happens rarely, I have no idea how often this happens for individuals with high-functioning autism)

    Given that the timing of treatment can determine its effectiveness on an individual, there is an argument to be made that, at least to some degree, those with High-Functioning Autism or Asperger's Syndrome could have the same level difficulties in life than those with more severe symptoms. Obviously, treatment currently cannot solve everything, and in some cases symptoms for Autism can be so severe as to render most of the treatment ineffective (Ex: being very non-verbal / not communicating). And there are certain other symptoms we have no real treatment at all for (that I am aware of), such as "Unusual Sensory Experiences", "Hypo-sensitivities", "Hyper-sensitivities", "sensory over-responsitivity", etc. (There's a lot of different words thrown around to refer to the sensory experiences or whatchamacallits in various studies related to Autism)

    So my point is: You're right about individuals with high-functioning autism having it better than persons with low-functioning autism, but the difference can be small or even minimal in some cases presuming the individual with High-Functioning Autism receives treatment later than the person with low-functioning autism. Which normally happens due to the nature of having lesser symptoms rather than high severity symptoms. So i wouldn't agree where you suggest something along the lines of "having high-functioning autism is 100% better than having low-functioning autism". I don't believe in that 100%. Its just not absolute.
  37. Replies
    83
    Views
    2,242

    ►►Re: spend 2 days making a report and he gets watch list◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by MasterNinja View Post
    yeah that's because a report once in a while won't really waste your time
    I fail to see how, at least on this point solely, the reporting process can be a problem for you. I mean, Rumox posted earlier mentioning 9 ignored reports from you. And you've been registered here since July of 2012. Assuming you've been playing the mod since then, or for a long time after that, then it seems to me you've been doing sporadic reporting, as you mentioned above, if im not mistaken.

    Besides, -Mafia- is what I waste my time on (or at least used to). Its not a problem for me if I waste my time trying to make the community better lol.
  38. Replies
    83
    Views
    2,242

    ►►Re: spend 2 days making a report and he gets watch list◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by MasterNinja View Post
    i speak for all reporters when I say that
    Ahem.

    "I didn't vote for you" (to be my representative)

    To be fair though, I haven't been reporting much as of late because I haven't been playing the mod Mafia. And that isn't because of some detrimental factor, but rather I've played it a lot over the past few months. I probably played at least 200 games since mid-march of this year. The only considerations of whether I report someone, personally is:

    1) Did I forget that they rolequit at d1? (This occasionally happens, where I forgot someone broke a rule because I was focused on the game lol)

    2) Did they, in fact, break a rule? Is it probable?

    Other than that, nothing about the reporting and moderation process is currently a concern to me, even if it were to somehow take me two hours to make a single report. To be honest, with how much I played -Mafia- in the past few months, reporting could even be considered a nice break. Something to do.
  39. Replies
    83
    Views
    2,242

    ►►Re: spend 2 days making a report and he gets watch list◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by MasterNinja View Post
    haha come on guys, everyone eventually realises how much of a waste of time it is to come to this forum having the remaining of their lifes sucked into this black hole of nothing.
    I'm going to be talking a bit broadly here.

    In my opinion, just because a bad person won't get much of a punishment often times doesn't justify not reporting them when it upsets you.

    To think, hypothetically, "this guy game throws but since he will only get a watch list so I guess reporting them is not worth it"

    is more or less saying, at least in my experience or perception:

    "Even though I don't like what they're doing, I'm just going to let them keep doing what they choose to do even if it hurts me because I don't think I can do much about it"

    it is like depressing yourself in value ; its almost a toxic thought, in my opinion.

    Personally, even if I knew a report did nothing, I would still do it anyways for the sake of myself and my own values.

    To not do anything just because "it wouldn't change anything" is like saying to myself that I'm not worth enough in order to choose to do something, even if its pointless, about that.

    I'm not criticizing your post here though, I acknowledge that you're communicating your personal disagreements or fustrations with the moderation system and I appreciate that. Hopefully they and you can come to a positive outcome for the community.
  40. Replies
    1,295
    Views
    24,798

    ►►Re: S-FM Summer 2020◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by bakermir View Post
    edit: fixing spoiler tag
    bakermir admits to editing

    go get em SJ

    (jk)
  41. Replies
    1,295
    Views
    24,798

    ►►Re: S-FM Summer 2020◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Ash Lael View Post
    Martin, I was incredibly impressed with your astounding level of Want It More, your analysis, and your work ethic. If I weren’t a wolf I would have lock town read you and never looked back.
    Yeah well I can't get better at not giving things to pull at without experience first, so I'm quite thankful to have you here, scum or not. Some of those questions I never expected.
  42. Replies
    1,295
    Views
    24,798

    ►►Re: S-FM Summer 2020◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown1234 View Post
    Gg Scum team and town players. #bringbackAuwt
    Quote Originally Posted by Varcron View Post
    In my own famous phrase

    "Huh?"

    I figured it was Martin/DW, didn't even consider Ash as scum lol. GG and WP guys

    Special props to Ash for pranking everyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by deathworlds View Post
    Martin I was super impressed by you this entire game,

    you brought an extraordinary amount of preparation and effort that intimidated me and dall. I would love to see you in more games and have you around to help solve them
    Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    GG. I was surprised by some of you guys' styles and skills. Special props to @MartinGG99 and @bakermir . And good job to others too of course ^^ this game was very rich and of a pretty good level, even per non-newbie game standards.
    They're all here to collect meta data
  43. Replies
    1,295
    Views
    24,798

    ►►Re: S-FM Summer 2020◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Ash Lael View Post
    Huh? No you were absolutely right here. I don’t have much experience. This is the very first mafia game that I have played that someone actually won. I have previously played in two cancelled games - game 8 of champs and another one like 15 years ago.

    I have never been nightkilled, I have never been lynched, I have never lynched a scum.

    Just because I played well doesn’t make me not a noob.
    He only has a few games AFAIK. He even said so on the twitch streamed podcast of his champs game was his first FM game (of which previously he had only hosted games, not played them).
  44. Replies
    1,295
    Views
    24,798

    ►►Re: S-FM Summer 2020◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by MartinGG99 View Post
    Well i have to admit, I got a lot of ideas or inspiration from the champs season, specifically game 6. Also @Frog was my mentor and it turns out our ideas about playing FM are quite similar !
    Speaking of which....

    @SuperJack
    I honestly think getting Frog to be my mentor was one of the best choices you made as host. He was great! And helped me get a lot of insights about myself and the game.
  45. Replies
    1,295
    Views
    24,798

    ►►Re: S-FM Summer 2020◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by deathworlds View Post
    Martin I was super impressed by you this entire game,

    you brought an amount of preparation and effort that intimidated me and dall
    Well i have to admit, I got a lot of ideas or inspiration from the champs season, specifically game 6. Also @Frog was my mentor and it turns out our ideas about playing FM are quite similar !
  46. Replies
    1,295
    Views
    24,798

    ►►Re: S-FM Summer 2020◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Drizzt View Post
    You didn't include me. I'd like to hear constructive criticism on my play if you don't mind. I want to learn.
    Hey @Drizzt I think your play style was a great idea though. I think entering into the game and only reading a few pages while asking others questions gave a level of authenticity that I never could overlook. Still though, if you sub-in and don't read the whole thread, that can have its own risks and with the wrong town at the wrong time that could mean being insta-lynch, but then again im not experienced so IDK.
  47. Replies
    1,295
    Views
    24,798

    ►►Re: S-FM Summer 2020◄◄

    Just out of curiosity who was the Town Any who became citizen? Would you happen to still know? Its not important.

    @SuperJack
  48. Replies
    1,295
    Views
    24,798

    ►►Re: S-FM Summer 2020◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by MartinGG99 View Post
    Well thank god Ash was scum, and DW quickly hammered. I was about to get ticked off at him. Had a whole post where I got triggered lol.

    See it here if you want, its not insulting I don't think:

    Spoiler : I was trigggered :



    I'm sorry? How's it game throw when I've already given every possible argument for myself to be town already? Excuse me? What the hell happened to my 294 other posts? If I flip town and you say I game threw, then I challenge you to report me for it. Because I can damm well tell you I gave my best. All of it for town. What about all those other effort posts? All game throw? All those spread sheets? Every consideration for every possibility? You have no right to say I game threw If I flip town. What the hell kind of argument were you expecting from me?

    TBH, it normally doesn't get to me, but it does for someone I've respected a lot this game (you could quite fucking plainly see that in my reads regarding you and my side note at #115. So, I really hope you reconsider your thinking there, because that accusation is just plain baseless.
    But yeah im fine now knowing Ash was scum.
  49. Replies
    1,295
    Views
    24,798

    ►►Re: S-FM Summer 2020◄◄

    Well thank god Ash was scum, and DW quickly hammered. I was about to get ticked off at him. Had a whole post where I got triggered lol.

    See it here if you want, its not insulting I don't think:

    Spoiler : I was trigggered :

    Quote Originally Posted by Ash Lael View Post
    Considering we’re lining up to lynch you, if you’re town this is a game throw.
    I'm sorry? How's it game throw when I've already given every possible argument for myself to be town already? Excuse me? What the hell happened to my 294 other posts? If I flip town and you say I game threw, then I challenge you to report me for it. Because I can damm well tell you I gave my best. All of it for town. What about all those other effort posts? All game throw? All those spread sheets? Every consideration for every possibility? You have no right to say I game threw If I flip town. What the hell kind of argument were you expecting from me?

    TBH, it normally doesn't get to me, but it does for someone I've respected a lot this game (you could quite fucking plainly see that in my reads regarding you and my side note at #115. So, I really hope you reconsider your thinking there, because that accusation is just plain baseless.
  50. Replies
    1,295
    Views
    24,798

    ►►Re: S-FM Summer 2020◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Ash Lael View Post
    Maybe Dall was just cowardly and didn’t want to face off against me and Grak, who were both being pretty assertive. In that case he really dumped DW in it, and DW has been hard bussing Martin to get the credibility to mislynch Drizzt in the f3.

    I dunno. I’m ready to see the lynch pool throw down votes. If you’re the town player in DW/Martin/Drizzt, you’re the one person guaranteed to vote right.
    Im not sure what's the point in me voting. I waiting to see if we're lynching me, Drizzt, or DW. And it seems certain its me.

    But if you insist.

    -vote Drizzt
Results 1 to 50 of 376
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4