Search Results - SC2 Mafia
Register

Search:

Type: Posts; User: Voss

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 0.08 seconds.

  1. Poll: ►►Re: "Who is Online" function and its relation with FM and general forum health◄◄

    I did vote for removing it in another poll, but am going to take the "old man, get off my lawn" stance and say that we need a community mentality change, and not a technological change.
  2. Poll: ►►Re: "Who is Online" function and its relation with FM and general forum health◄◄

    Using "player/host freedom" as an argument for needing to know "Who's currently browsing the thread" to call people out as scum, poisons the freedom principle that the fm staff have prided themselves on maintaining here at sc2mafia.

    I guess I can get behind that it's useful if you want to have Real Time conversations. But a line is crossed when you start saying "Oh I saw playerX browsing, but they're not responding to anything. hur dur, they're confirmed scum". If there was some way for our community to turn away from this, I'd be very happy. Like some sort of opposite stance rather than the fm staff defending it "for freedom". Then, I couldn't care less if we had invisible mode on or off.
  3. Poll: ►►Re: "Who is Online" function and its relation with FM and general forum health◄◄

    I deleted my long post on this because I didn't want to drag myself into it. But I was called out.
  4. Forum:Mafia Discussion

    Thread:Cult games

    Thread Author:Etheopian

    Post Author:Voss

    Replies
    34
    Views
    320

    ►►Re: Cult games◄◄

    it sounds like auditor should just not use their role unless they need to. so good auditors will use it sparingly, and bad auditors will help town.
  5. Forum:Mafia Discussion

    Thread:Cult games

    Thread Author:Etheopian

    Post Author:Voss

    Replies
    34
    Views
    320

    ►►Re: Cult games◄◄

    Let's try to stay on topic and not shame the work that etheopian has done here. Cult or not, it's a pretty cool view.
  6. Replies
    62
    Views
    530

    ►►Re: Punishment Vs Reformation & prisons.◄◄

    Given human beings don't have immortality, I'd rather opt for the death penalty myself than spend the rest of my life in prison. That's just me though.
  7. Replies
    83
    Views
    785

    ►►Re: spend 2 days making a report and he gets watch list◄◄

    I like how Master Ninja ignored

    https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showt...l=1#post875694
  8. Replies
    83
    Views
    785

    ►►Re: spend 2 days making a report and he gets watch list◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by MasterNinja View Post
    There is, look at superjack making fun of me and supporting rumox who brought up un nessesary old reports of mine for no reason and rather wants to pay him for trolling and ofcourse using crypto.

    so yes there is.

    I don't need to be here, I kinda wanted to be here but now its just less and less.
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterNinja View Post
    So i now spend many hours and days on reports and this rumox now attacks me, me, a reporter who wastes his life, days and hours on getting someone banned (Me, not you)

    i am the one being attacked here now

    great i wish other admins could come and witness this, admins attacking a random person for reason at all when im explaining how "reporters and admins and the rules at sc2mafia is too soft" and how reporters are suffering


    ehm, why am I being attacked again when im resolving an issue where reporters waste 3 days of their life to get someone on 2x watchlist or 4x watchlist again?

    and how the hell did this resolve in an admin attacking the OP again? who is trying to resolve a serious issue with reporters? voss also supported this admin, so both of you are now in questioning of whetever you even deserve admin and or even look like adults.

    right Superjack?
    if only i was able to find these inconsistencies when i play forum mafia.
  9. Replies
    83
    Views
    785

    ►►Re: spend 2 days making a report and he gets watch list◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Elixir View Post
    Coming in here from more of a overarching perspective.
    You have to remember this is a community driven project, we cant just throw every single person into reviewing reports because we need to vet their ability to do so critically but at the same time we need people to process reports. It being voluntary obviously means people are donating their time to the betterment of the game which we appreciate but it is not an expectation.
    Additionally, this entire system goes against the Blizzard Terms of Use.
    https://www.blizzard.com/en-us/legal...ble-use-policy
    See point 2.

    Not to mention all the other content we can probably get done for copyright under point 3 for.

    Blizzard currently turns a blind eye to it because of how we operate it. If we become incredibly draconian with the banlist and "just start blastin'" with bans, Blizzard will just ban the map. We've already been removed twice before and I don't think we really have much in the way of goodwill with anyone remaining on the SC2 Team there. Its a fine balance and we need to ensure the correct checks and balances are in place to ensure that the bans are justified.

    So I appreciate that there is frustrations with how sometimes it feels like people get away with too many chances - but it really is a system we cannot fire too hard with or the map will be removed from battle.net
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterNinja View Post
    What has blizzard said, if you ban how many people they will do something? cause they never said it like that, they probably said to keep it down and reasonable which all bans here are.
    How does "They never said it like that" translate to THE MAP WAS REMOVED TWICE ALREADY?
  10. Forum:Mafia Discussion

    Thread:Cult games

    Thread Author:Etheopian

    Post Author:Voss

    Replies
    34
    Views
    320

    ►►Re: Cult games◄◄

    Cool analysis man!
  11. Replies
    83
    Views
    785

    ►►Re: spend 2 days making a report and he gets watch list◄◄

    I find it hilarious that the people complaining in this thread have completely ignored the fact that Blizzard doesn't like us banning people and the arcade staff risks having the entire mod taken down.

    Nah, fuck that. Let's just shit on the staff!

    PS:
    I don't find it funny at all.
  12. Replies
    801
    Views
    8,957

    ►►Re: Right-wing liberalism vs Conservvatism◄◄

    it's partly why i didn't read the entire thread. I just read the second post and responded to it. Then we started talking about climate change?
  13. Replies
    801
    Views
    8,957

    ►►Re: Right-wing liberalism vs Conservvatism◄◄

    Here's an example of how I'd respond in your fashion:

    The media and the left aren't that bad. Pedophiles are bad and they're the real evil here. They're people like Epstein and they're the scum of the earth bc they ruin children.

    Now, this has nothing to do with the left, or the right arguments, but I can peddle that in response to each one of your posts. Let me tell you, it doesn't feel great.
  14. Replies
    801
    Views
    8,957

    ►►Re: Right-wing liberalism vs Conservvatism◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho View Post
    Galeon, we are attacking your argument, not your character. We are asking you to stay focused on the argument instead of changing the argument into something else time and time again. Your response every time about anything is "yeah well the left is worse because of these reasons" when that has nothing to do with the original argument.
    ^^
  15. Replies
    801
    Views
    8,957

    ►►Re: Right-wing liberalism vs Conservvatism◄◄

    You did it again Ganelon. I'm out.
  16. Replies
    83
    Views
    785

    ►►Re: spend 2 days making a report and he gets watch list◄◄

    if you're not wasting your time doing reports, why are you writing these sob story threads? are you saying that you'd submit reports if there were bans associated to your reports? To me, someone who's never done any reporting reviews, it seems like you're trying to bully and shame the volunteer arcade staff to risk the status of the sc2mafia on battlenet over something you don't even do anymore!!!!

    I'll stop posting and let staff members chime in here.
  17. Replies
    83
    Views
    785

    ►►Re: spend 2 days making a report and he gets watch list◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by MasterNinja View Post
    So i now spend many hours and days on reports and this rumox now attacks me, me, a reporter who wastes his life, days and hours on getting someone banned (Me, not you)

    i am the one being attacked here now

    great i wish other admins could come and witness this, admins attacking a random person for reason at all when im explaining how "reporters and admins and the rules at sc2mafia is too soft" and how reporters are suffering


    ehm, why am I being attacked again when im resolving an issue where reporters waste 3 days of their life to get someone on 2x watchlist or 4x watchlist again?

    [SIZE=]and how the hell did this resolve in an admin attacking the OP again? who is trying to resolve a serious issue with reporters? [/SIZE]voss also supported this admin, so both of you are now in questioning of whetever you even deserve admin and or even look like adults.

    right Superjack?
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterNinja View Post
    getting paid for attacking the OP for no reason? I don't think so buddy, more like losing his admin over bringing in pointless arguments that has nothing to do with this and because its been very long since i ever reported anything I have 0 clue what he is talking about.

    the way to report griefers was to get up 4-5 demos (yeah 4-5 games of 20-40 minutes) which takes ages, up in a report and all demos was pretty close to eachother with dates where player unreasonably attacks me because of my name cause he knows who i am which happened alot when i used mayor name and or same name cause griefers be attacking ppl who they don't like, thats how reports on griefers worked out, look how long time i had to waste on reporting a griefer who constantly just attacked me randomly without evidence for no reason just because I used the same name and he knew who i was and just said i was mafia and wanted to lynch me without evidence. ppl would say they are sheriff and randomly attack me on first day for lynch mr rumox.

    legit griefing right there buddy. so why do we use 9 years to ban these griefers again?
    rumox is not attacking you. the highlighted parts of your posts can not coexist together.
  18. Replies
    83
    Views
    785

    ►►Re: spend 2 days making a report and he gets watch list◄◄

    Rumox coming in clutch with some quality stats. This is a being that deserves to be paid.
  19. Replies
    83
    Views
    785

    ►►Re: spend 2 days making a report and he gets watch list◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by MasterNinja View Post
    they can come on forums and apologise and get unbanned
    Yeah, let's make sure we keep the people that are remorseful from playing because they made one mistake. That's a good policy!! (/sarcasm)

    All I see is a bunch of exaggerated posts from MasterNinja about all the work that they do to snag big bad cheaters, and the arcade staff doing next to nothing. The arcade staff does excellent work toeing a line between keeping the game from being absolutely abhorrent to play, and not getting banned by Blizzard.

    All it takes is a few reports to go to Blizzard, and Blizzard could take down the map and then everyone loses.

    What you should do:
    Come back with specific people that should be permabanned, replays or ignored threads, and take them to answer hall to get an answer on why these people should or should not be perma banned.

    What you should not do:
    Keep posting that staff doesn't do enough by using overblown and false statistics as evidence.
  20. Forum:Forum Mafia Discussion

    Thread:Condorcet Voting [EXPLAINED!]

    Thread Author:Voss

    Post Author:Voss

    Replies
    17
    Views
    1,826

    ►►Re: Condorcet Voting [EXPLAINED!]◄◄

    https://www.netflix.com/watch/81240934

    if anyone needs an explanation on ranked choice voting and has netflix, hasan minaj does a much better job than me to talk about the negative effects of majority and plurality voting.
  21. Replies
    801
    Views
    8,957

    ►►Re: Right-wing liberalism vs Conservvatism◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by oops_ur_dead View Post
    I envy you in that you haven't read the entire thread, of which about half was devoted to countering the argument that the Confederacy was bad because it was a racist state founded on slavery with the argument of "well the Union did bad things too", in absolute earnest.
    I can just fall back to "climate change is not a reason against right wing nazi-ism.

    I also might bow out of this thread. I don't want to have to keep typing nazi.
  22. Replies
    801
    Views
    8,957

    ►►Re: Right-wing liberalism vs Conservvatism◄◄

    Silly example, but illustrates the point:

    Imagine me Voss, as a right wing politician. I go and do some cool speech that gets televised and that gets people to vote for me. Next this self proclaimed nazi, called Noss, does this crazy evil stunt, and gets in front of a camera and says "Woo nazi-ism! Woo Voss! Voss 2020". If I don't denounce this person, I'm implicitly allowing support of this group to be part of the non nazis that support me. Ergo, Nazis are now part of my right wing coalition.

    A moral Voss politician should denounce this, to put some distance. Then, when some reporter asks why Voss is or isn't a nazi due to his supporter's affiliation, Voss can say "nono, I don't stand for that and I denounced it back on March 3, 2016". or something.

    A more concrete example would be that Unite the Right Rally. If you're going to a rally, and there are people waving nazi flags, you should leave, and denounce that rally.

    What the left does or doesn't do badly has nothing to do with this percept that the right has. I'll say it again. It's fallacious reasoning.
  23. Replies
    801
    Views
    8,957

    ►►Re: Right-wing liberalism vs Conservvatism◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Ganelon View Post
    You cant criticize people who have nothing to do with Nazism if the mainstream left is very radicalized.
    Yes I can. Why wouldn't I be able to?

    So, I haven't seen reasonings support of the fact that right wingers have nothing to do with Nazi-ism. In this thread, I have seen evidence of the contrary.

    That aside, this thread is about right wing conservatism, not why right wing tactics are ok given that we "allow" left wing folks to get away with bad things. It's hard to talk about one without talking about the other, sure. But you can't justify bad things because the other side is doing bad things. Which you are clearly doing here.
  24. Replies
    801
    Views
    8,957

    ►►Re: Right-wing liberalism vs Conservvatism◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Ganelon View Post
    My point is that radicalization, while it exists on both sides, is worse on the left.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganelon View Post
    Anyways this is a bit of a rant but my question is:
    What do you feel about the idea that right-wing liberalism has nothing to do with conservatism?
    A second question is, why is the media trying to paint right wingers as immoral nazis?
    so the answer to "why is the media painting right wingers as nazis" is "radicalizations are on both sides and the left is worse"? That's not an answer, thats fallacious distracting.

    It seems like your responses are more suited to a separate thread where you post the statement: "Left wing radicalizations are worse than right radicalizations for reasons x, y, z". One of those reasons being climate change or something. Another reason could be that rioting is better than nazi-ism.

    That is not what you asked, and you did nothing to disprove my answer, nor agreed with it. I think my reasoning is spot on.
  25. Replies
    83
    Views
    785

    ►►Re: spend 2 days making a report and he gets watch list◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by MasterNinja View Post
    and at that rate people should even just get paid for working and reporting ppl
    once our volunteer arcade staff starts to get paid, i'll personally petition for reporters to be paid as well.
  26. Replies
    83
    Views
    785

    ►►Re: spend 2 days making a report and he gets watch list◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by MasterNinja View Post
    also another problem with this game cause everyone is too soft and you don't allow admins to ban rule breakers in game
    we allow and encourage admins to ban rule breakers in all games, when appropriate.
  27. Replies
    801
    Views
    8,957

    ►►Re: Right-wing liberalism vs Conservvatism◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by oops_ur_dead View Post
    Have you ever heard of lynching?
    Quote Originally Posted by oops_ur_dead View Post
    Honestly, it also looks like you have no idea what your own points are. Look at how like 5 pages back you pointed out that the Jim Crow laws were actually evidence that the Confederacy was racist, now suddenly you're using it against the north?
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho View Post
    You asked this:



    The response you got to your question is this:



    This has nothing to do with radicals on the left. You were given an answer, you can address the point or you can try to distract by pointing out flaws on the left.

    But pointing out flaws on the left doesn't change the fact that nazis and right wingers are conflated because they are "cousins", as you put it.
    Just to reiterate, (though it's unneeded, since Banana already did a good job here) :


    Mag, you "countered?" my post about my take on why nazi-ism is being associated to conservatism by talking about climate change. what??

    I would not expect these types of logic jumps on mafia site. If these logic jumps have been prevalent throughout this thread, props to the people diligently responding to theses posts.
  28. Replies
    83
    Views
    785

    ►►Re: spend 2 days making a report and he gets watch list◄◄

    Would having some public stats that show the number of non repeat users after a watch list help Ninja?

    Also, would you mind sharing the stats on games that are ruined by people that you report versus the games that go fine?

    It would help put some things into perspective.
  29. Replies
    83
    Views
    785

    ►►Re: spend 2 days making a report and he gets watch list◄◄

    What would you change here? I can't tell if you're saying that we should perma ban everyone with a report against them, or to dismantle the report system and disband our volunteer arcade staff because reporting is "useless". Neither of which seem like good solutions.
  30. Replies
    10
    Views
    128

    Poll: ►►Re: have you ever seen a chicken in real life◄◄

    i had one for lunch the other day.
  31. Replies
    801
    Views
    8,957

    ►►Re: Right-wing liberalism vs Conservvatism◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Voss View Post
    Because they don't do NEARLY enough to distance themselves from it.
    Err, going to be a bit more clear here.

    Because American conservatives don't do nearly enough to distance themselves from Nazis that go to and support right-wing rallies.
  32. Replies
    801
    Views
    8,957

    ►►Re: Right-wing liberalism vs Conservvatism◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Ganelon View Post
    Anyways this is a bit of a rant but my question is:
    What do you feel about the idea that right-wing liberalism has nothing to do with conservatism?
    A second question is, why is the media trying to paint right wingers as immoral nazis?
    Because they don't do NEARLY enough to distance themselves from it.
  33. Replies
    801
    Views
    8,957

    ►►Re: Right-wing liberalism vs Conservvatism◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by oops_ur_dead View Post
    Have you ever heard of lynching?
    Quote Originally Posted by oops_ur_dead View Post
    Honestly, it also looks like you have no idea what your own points are. Look at how like 5 pages back you pointed out that the Jim Crow laws were actually evidence that the Confederacy was racist, now suddenly you're using it against the north?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganelon View Post
    Those werent institutionalized. I can point you to pogroms in Russia against the Jews; doesnt mean that the Russian Empire was fascist. Fascism did not even exist back then. Lynching is an indicator of cultural attitudes, though even the the term lynching brings to mind images of vigilanteism. Those were by no means advocated by the state.
    This looks like a contradiction to me. I haven't read the majority of posts in this thread, but I don't need to to point that out. Looks like oops also already did.

    Also, who cares if they're institutional or not, the point still stands.
  34. Replies
    9
    Views
    123

    Poll: ►►Re: Bodyguard dies if protecting against a neutral killer◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by rumox View Post
    Bodyguard low skill cap.
    Doctor high skill cap.

    Average acrade mentality favours low skill cap.

    this needs to be emphasized.
  35. Forum:Circlejerk

    Thread:Give me my colors.

    Thread Author:Mesk514

    Post Author:Voss

    Replies
    9
    Views
    272

    ►►Re: Give me my colors.◄◄

    I must have missed you when I was messing with the colors.
  36. Forum:Circlejerk

    Thread:SC2Mafia Tells A Story

    Thread Author:rumox

    Post Author:Voss

    Replies
    222
    Views
    12,159

    ►►Re: SC2Mafia Tells A Story◄◄

    NECRO REEEEE
  37. Forum:Narrator Discussion

    Thread:Prioritization - Help Wanted

    Thread Author:Voss

    Post Author:Voss

    Replies
    11
    Views
    270

    ►►Re: Prioritization - Help Wanted◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by rumox View Post
    What is the purpose of your trello? Is it to help guide you personally or is it for community out reach?

    If it's for community out reach it's very over bearing and should be simplified a lot more. I'd recommend going with 'Working on' 'Planned' 'Completed' categories and then compress a lot of what you have listed into sub categories.
    That's true, it is very overbearing. Part of the reason why I'm even showing the board is to show that I'm a little overwhelmed myself.

    But also to see if anyone's willing to help wrangle this. It was cool to see naz, secondpassing, and SJ show some interest.
  38. Forum:Narrator Discussion

    Thread:6/19 Suggestions / Bugs / Comm Recap

    Thread Author:Voss

    Post Author:Voss

    Replies
    20
    Views
    371

    ►►Re: 6/19 Suggestions / Bugs / Comm Recap◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by secondpassing View Post
    Thank you very much.



    I accessed it through a computer (not sure how the discord version works) I would like to see UI hints(?). I mean, I want narrator to have little text boxes or speech bubbles that guide me through setting up my first game, hopefully it would match the steps to do so. Something like
    1. Is this your first time playing mafia? y/n
    2. Pick a setup to run
    3. Invite your friends here!
    4. When they join they will show up in the waiting lobby.
    5. Pick a pre balanced setup or adjust the roles.
    6. Roles will show on the right.
    7. Need to find players for a game? Join our discord!


    The above would be sufficient for me, but I imagine others might want a video. I think a simple screen record and a short voiceover would be sufficient for now. I also don't think a lot of people want to sit though a long tutorial, so I suggest speaking quickly.

    My first instinct after looking through all the elements on the narrator site is to hit start just to see what a day would look like, but it won't let me start without three people. I think it would be kinda cool to have an in-game recording so someone could simulate playing a match. If you wanted to appeal to people who never played mafia, I think this would be the way to go. I'm not suggesting that mafia on narrator be available to be played with bots that chat though. If simulating a game on narrator is difficult or too hard, another video of a recorded game could suffice.

    ___

    Speech bubbles > video tutorial with voiceover > simulated game
    Quote Originally Posted by secondpassing View Post
    I think the easiest way to get people to have a vested interest is to run a forum mafia game but on narrator.
    Quote Originally Posted by aamirus View Post
    lol you're about to trigger voss
    like, this isn't something that i could intuitively come up with by myself, because I'm so intertwined in the project. Another perspective is exactly what narrator mafia needs.
  39. Forum:Narrator Discussion

    Thread:6/19 Suggestions / Bugs / Comm Recap

    Thread Author:Voss

    Post Author:Voss

    Replies
    20
    Views
    371

    ►►Re: 6/19 Suggestions / Bugs / Comm Recap◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by secondpassing View Post
    Thank you very much.



    I accessed it through a computer (not sure how the discord version works) I would like to see UI hints(?). I mean, I want narrator to have little text boxes or speech bubbles that guide me through setting up my first game, hopefully it would match the steps to do so. Something like
    1. Is this your first time playing mafia? y/n
    2. Pick a setup to run
    3. Invite your friends here!
    4. When they join they will show up in the waiting lobby.
    5. Pick a pre balanced setup or adjust the roles.
    6. Roles will show on the right.
    7. Need to find players for a game? Join our discord!


    The above would be sufficient for me, but I imagine others might want a video. I think a simple screen record and a short voiceover would be sufficient for now. I also don't think a lot of people want to sit though a long tutorial, so I suggest speaking quickly.

    My first instinct after looking through all the elements on the narrator site is to hit start just to see what a day would look like, but it won't let me start without three people. I think it would be kinda cool to have an in-game recording so someone could simulate playing a match. If you wanted to appeal to people who never played mafia, I think this would be the way to go. I'm not suggesting that mafia on narrator be available to be played with bots that chat though. If simulating a game on narrator is difficult or too hard, another video of a recorded game could suffice.

    ___

    Speech bubbles > video tutorial with voiceover > simulated game
    Now, this, I can work with. Personally, I hate hearing the sound of my own voice, and am not too keen on the video tutorial solution. I think speech bubbles + simulated game like Renegade suggested would be optimal here.

    I'm going to copy/paste this and throw it onto the board. Thank you secondpassing!

    Quote Originally Posted by secondpassing View Post
    I think the easiest way to get people to have a vested interest is to run a forum mafia game but on narrator.
    My call to have a host run an alpha game using narrator, but have the game chat be on the forums is still available!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by aamirus View Post
    lol you're about to trigger voss
    instead of letting myself get triggered, you let me know when there's an API on the forums for me to integrate with. =D. =D. =D

    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    Ohh! I love the idea of a tutorial. Like two quick games, one where you are town and one scum with simulated chatting between "bots" and suggestions (maybe forced) on what to do.

    Like a bubble that would pop up:

    Player 1 seems scummy based on this obvious thing they said here - vote them by clicking this.
    this is brilliant! i could combine secondpassing's setup instructions with this, and have a 'tutorial button' somewhere in the home screen
  40. Forum:Narrator Discussion

    Thread:Prioritization - Help Wanted

    Thread Author:Voss

    Post Author:Voss

    Replies
    11
    Views
    270

    ►►Re: Prioritization - Help Wanted◄◄

    "We all know Nexus first is the best build"
  41. Forum:Narrator Discussion

    Thread:Prioritization - Help Wanted

    Thread Author:Voss

    Post Author:Voss

    Replies
    11
    Views
    270

    ►►Re: Prioritization - Help Wanted◄◄

    So second passing and naz have each made solid attempts to organize the board and got different results. Which is expected. road map planning is difficult and subjective.

    @SuperJack if you want to be the dom to my sub, i mean, to tell me what to do, both positions are open.
  42. Forum:Narrator Discussion

    Thread:6/19 Suggestions / Bugs / Comm Recap

    Thread Author:Voss

    Post Author:Voss

    Replies
    20
    Views
    371

    ►►Re: 6/19 Suggestions / Bugs / Comm Recap◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by aamirus View Post
    Actually you should just demand that voss uses https mwahahahaha!
    can you fix it for me please

    https://trello.com/c/XelLmKbL/97-add-ssl
  43. Forum:Narrator Discussion

    Thread:6/19 Suggestions / Bugs / Comm Recap

    Thread Author:Voss

    Post Author:Voss

    Replies
    20
    Views
    371

    ►►Re: 6/19 Suggestions / Bugs / Comm Recap◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by secondpassing View Post
    Didn't want to make a new thread and I didn't know where to post this question:

    Shouldn't you make like a tutorial or something? If I wanted to test run a game myself I have nowhere to go, and no idea how to start it up.
    Also I think the narrator link on top of the sc2mafia page might be broken.
    I totally agree that some sort of tutorial is necessary!!!! I think this is big fish to fry though and it totally deserves it's own thread for the following questions:

    What sort of tutorial are you looking for? Here are a few that come to mind
    - Video tutorial, like on youtube.
    - Allow start with just yourself, filling in the game with bots
    - Build in the proper UI hints that would properly guide new players on the UI and mafia.
    - Write up a word doc for Q&A

    Who is my target audience?
    - Members of sc2mafia, who have arcade mafia experience
    - People who've played mafia before, IRL
    - People who have never played mafia before
    - People who want to host their own games, without me, Voss, being present.

    I could go ahead and do all the solutions above, but that'd take forever and probably have at least some wasted effort. So, in order for me to build a good tutorial, I need to know who I'm creating the tutorial for. On top of that, I'd need volunteers to have a vested interest in helping me make sure that tutorial is solid. Otherwise it's wasted effort, right?

    I'd love to explore this in this thread or another one! I think another one could be more informative to other forum members though.
  44. Forum:Narrator Discussion

    Thread:Prioritization - Help Wanted

    Thread Author:Voss

    Post Author:Voss

    Replies
    11
    Views
    270

    ►►Re: Prioritization - Help Wanted◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by naz View Post
    ok, so do u want each category prioritized or like a separate Do This Next
    I think both would be appropriate here!
  45. Forum:Narrator Discussion

    Thread:Prioritization - Help Wanted

    Thread Author:Voss

    Post Author:Voss

    Replies
    11
    Views
    270

    ►►Prioritization - Help Wanted◄◄

    Hey,

    I'm looking for some help in prioritization, if anyone wants to help with this. As a developer, it's harder for me to separate myself away and properly prioritize the next thing. Or for someone to take community input and figure out prioritization. Those might be the same thing. /Shrug

    Anyway, most of the things on the roadmap are here:
    https://trello.com/b/t80MK1R6/narrator-requests-bugs


    -Voss
  46. Forum:Serious Discussion & Debate

    Thread:Black Lives Matter

    Thread Author:BananaCucho

    Post Author:Voss

    Replies
    231
    Views
    5,587

    ►►Re: Black Lives Matter◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by SCP View Post
    Black lives DON'T matter.

    The more rioting they do, the more they convince many others of that same self-evident fact.

    Grow up you leftist snowflakes.
    there were a ton of non black rioters though. given this fact, would you say any lives matter then?
  47. Forum:Narrator Discussion

    Thread:6/19 Suggestions / Bugs / Comm Recap

    Thread Author:Voss

    Post Author:Voss

    Replies
    20
    Views
    371

    ►►Re: 6/19 Suggestions / Bugs / Comm Recap◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperJack View Post
    Remind me to RECORD my gameplay. Also tell me how to record it.
    Upon a little investigation, games are still being recorded, so that's good. I'll look into the beguiler bug(?) after game recaps are displaying again.
  48. Forum:Narrator Discussion

    Thread:6/19 Suggestions / Bugs / Comm Recap

    Thread Author:Voss

    Post Author:Voss

    Replies
    20
    Views
    371

    ►►Re: 6/19 Suggestions / Bugs / Comm Recap◄◄

    I'm going to mark the bug about beguiler/coward as ignored for now. I don't have the means to really investigate it, because my feature for viewing recaps of your previous games is broken. Sorry SJ. If the game we played correctly saved, I can look into it then.
  49. Forum:Narrator Discussion

    Thread:6/19 Suggestions / Bugs / Comm Recap

    Thread Author:Voss

    Post Author:Voss

    Replies
    20
    Views
    371

    ►►Re: 6/19 Suggestions / Bugs / Comm Recap◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    Hmm I'm not sure I suggested removing the long death stories - I actually like them!
    heh, i thought i read someone suggesting that the death stories were too long and unclear. i thought that was you.

    so i'm starting to realize flavor is good, but flavor is also confusing.

    it's easy enough to add a game setting to say what kind of death story to output.

    i can take your name out of the suggestion.
  50. Forum:Narrator Discussion

    Thread:6/19 Suggestions / Bugs / Comm Recap

    Thread Author:Voss

    Post Author:Voss

    Replies
    20
    Views
    371

    ►►6/19 Suggestions / Bugs / Comm Recap◄◄



    Bugs
    • Disfranchise wasn’t able to be submitted as a command. - Voss
    • Editing messages in discord lobby should be allowed.
      • We should not be getting “You cant edit your messages!!!” in during game setup.
    • Messages happening between discord and the UI should be synced - Voss
      • Lobby messages sent in the UI should show up in discord
      • Discord messages shown in the UI should show in the UI
      • same goes for game messages
    • Last wills don’t work properly - GreenEggsnSpam, Epixplayer, Unknown
      • It’s been a while since this worked, and I need to add tests for this
    • Remove long death stories. - Renegade
      • Maybe make it a mode
      • There’s support for using your own custom death stories. I think the integration isn’t seamless, and it needs work. For now, using the extremely clear, but boring death descriptions is best
    • Discord timer not working - TimeTrx
      • It just shows 0:00. It should be editing every 5 seconds
    • Discord minutes/seconds label isn’t showing the correct value. - TimeTrx
      • The game said 540 minutes. It should be 540 seconds, or better yet, 9 minutes left of day.
    • Observer mode would be nice - Apocist
      • This used to work, but I broke something. I haven’t had to use this feature in my IRL games, because everyone was there and partiicpating
    • Long day chat load - Jay
      • I can’t really reproduce this, but if other people would chime in on this, it might help allow me to start debugging this
    • Can’t vote - Apocist
      • Something’s messed up with your chat. We should touch base sometime so I can debug why it’s happening.
    • “You don’t have this permission” spam when typing in dead chat. - Afausnett, Loldebrite
      • I’ve had this reported before, but it’s never happened to me. It might be because I’m the host, and need to let someone else be the host so I can start seeing this.
      • Definitely believe and see that it’s happening. It’s just tough to fix if I don’t get the bug.
      • At least people are still able to talk in dead chat though.
    • Cultists can’t see new partners - SuperJack
      • This was working at one point. I can go through the process of seeing how a cultist gets recruited, and what they see and make sure what I coded before is still there. If it’s not, I know what the asks are and can make this better.
    • Nav items aren’t sticked on mobile - Magoroth
      • Mag had to open up a day chat, and scroll allllll the way to the top to see the button for Actions, so that he could vote
      • This might be a css issue. I can double check this
      • Mag also said he might have just been dumb.



    Enhancements
    • Put previous actions in your “Clues” - Naz
      • People, including myself, kept forgetting who they targeted night to night.
      • Clues should tell you who you did your action on, and then results after
    • PM/Mention spam when playing in the UI - Renegade, Loldebrite
      • If you’re using the webUI, the bot should be able to detect this, and not keep spamming you with invites to join the night server chat
      • It should also not keep pinging you that day/night has started in discord, if you’re playing on the UI.
    • Vote Recap - Oops
      • This is my least proud part in all of the UI code. It’s pretty bad, ugly, and non intuitive. This should be more integrated with votes, and the whole design really needs to be rethought.
      • My idea is to have an expand/collapse around where you submit votes, so you can see who else is voting them.
      • A long term idea is to have this graphical interface showing who voted who, and when. A sort of graphical history.
    • Timer effects - Timetrx
      • As day approaches 0, the timer should start to flash, and get angry
      • Other possible ideas is to add sound effects and/or a progress bar. There’s a lot of empty space at the top not being utilized. But I also like TimeTrx’s simple UI for chat/time. maybe the progress bar is overkill.
    • !setup should show the current setup - Naz
      • I saw naz trying to get the setup list from discord while the game was in progress. It was telling her that it would output available setups post game.
      • There should be a difference between !setup and !setups. Ban !setups and show the current !setup. It should still be pmed though
    • Night/Day Chat organization strategy needs work - TimeTrx
      • This needs some thought, but I think a drop down to see the current day/night might work here.
    • Dropdown for drugs is shitty - oops
      • Perfectly agree on this one. All of the dropdowns in any actions are shitty.
      • One of my higher priority things is to rewrite the code around action submission. It’s a terrible garbage. When I get to that, I’ll be able to use the nice react components that will clean the fuck up out of the drop downs. If you go to view the setup drop down list from the home page, that’s a much nicer looking dropdown that can be used here.
    • Dead player’s colors should be their faction color, not the live/starting colors - Voss
      • We change people’s names from Voss to Voss (Bus Driver), but the color changes the same.
      • It was, and should be the old name.
    • People voting modkilled players couldn't change their votes afterward - Naz



    Major enhancements
    • Separate setup page from game lobby page- Timetrx
      • There’s no need to go full on game creation in lobbies. Your setup should already be created by the time you want to host your game. this is a relic of sc2mafia’s system in which you can’t easily create your own saves. the narrator supports multiple custom saves. Now there just needs to be a setup workshop for this sort of thing


    Feature Requests
    • Pin messages into “Clues” - Nighter
      • It would be great to be able to keep track of people’s claims and feedback and have that all in one place.
      • It would be triple-y cool if the bot did that for you
      • To be able to detect “I’m cop” or “I was bussed” automatically, would be fantabulous. Pipe dream at this point though
    • Pming - loldebite
      • It’s something I want to do to maintain parity with sc2mafia’s arcade version, but it’s also a tool that town doesn’t need to win the game.
      • don’t know if I can justify prioritizing this feature.
    • Graphical setup expanded view - Magoroth
      • It’d be cool to have some tree view of setups. Something really interactive and flashy.
      • Needs a real designer for this to ever be a reality, but I love the idea. Goes kind of with Timetrx’s idea
    • Post game chat - Naz
    • Rate Limiting. too much chaos - Animal Midwife
      • Agreed. Too much spam makes it hard to follow.
      • Another idea Ive been toying with a lot is giving less rate limitation to people that are more highly voted.
      • If you’re suspicious, you can talk more, because you need to defend yourself.
      • If you’re less suspicous, people don’t really need to hear from you.
      • Could also let the ‘towniest’ person speak too, aka people that have the fewest/ no votes on them.

Results 1 to 50 of 500
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4