Search Results - SC2 Mafia
Register

Search:

Type: Posts; User: Helz

Page 1 of 40 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.88 seconds.

  1. Forum:Forum Mafia Discussion

    Thread:TOWN: DO NOT FUCKING TURBOLYNCH

    Thread Author:FrostByte

    Post Author:Helz

    Replies
    5
    Views
    93

    ►►Re: TOWN: DO NOT FUCKING TURBOLYNCH◄◄

    Is it bad that I now want to advocate for as fast a lynch as possible some game D1 just to say I did it?
  2. Forum:Forum Mafia Discussion

    Thread:TOWN: DO NOT FUCKING TURBOLYNCH

    Thread Author:FrostByte

    Post Author:Helz

    Replies
    5
    Views
    93

    ►►Re: TOWN: DO NOT FUCKING TURBOLYNCH◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by FrostByte View Post
    EVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRR
    Just read your signature and LOL
  3. Forum:General Discussion

    Thread:texas fucking third world tier

    Thread Author:oops_ur_dead

    Post Author:Helz

    Replies
    13
    Views
    285

    ►►Re: texas fucking third world tier◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    Texas club:
    Me
    Helz
    Brendan
    Naz
    Who am I forgetting. There are 2 more I think.
    Creed, Slaol, MikeU, Frog.. There was also a guy named Alex I met in a meetup we had in Austin but I dont know what his screen name was and one other I forgot both his screen name and his real name >.<
  4. Forum:Serious Discussion & Debate

    Thread:Rush Limbaugh

    Thread Author:Ash

    Post Author:Helz

    Replies
    11
    Views
    185

    ►►Re: Rush Limbaugh◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Can someone explain who this man Rush Limbaugh is and why he was a good/bad person, and what he did that sparked controversy over the ages to this day? I'm not a 50 year old boomer that listens to radio podcasts.

    I haven't found any unbiased information anywhere, because everyone is biased towards his controversial takes. From the "leftist" point of view, I've heard he has made untrue statements such as nicotine not being addicting, and smoking doesn't cause lung cancer. These are just a few.

    Can someone explain what good he has done towards this country, and why do people miss him? @Ganelon

    Every other conservative racist forum/subreddit has me banned/restricted for not being conservative enough or for saying things that don't align with their ideology. Kinda hard nowadays to try to hear any valid points from any conservative with a sane debate.
    He was pretty intelligent but a hardcore republican. The one show I listened to he had an extremely deep understanding of the interactions between politicians and the maneuvering going on on some bill they were discussing years back, but he speculated on peoples motivations quite a bit and some of the stuff he said made him sound like he should wear a tin foil hat. I got the feeling he was 'extreme right' in the same way Fox news was but he had more brain cells than silicone and created his own content. Really streaching my memory but I want to say he was something along the lines of immigration and he attributed some overall conspiracy for the left to 'inflate their voter pool' by bringing more people in.

    Someone told me Trump gave him a Medal of honor which pissed me off a bit. I am personally disgusted when valor metals are given out and feel that it takes away from the honor of those who actually earned them. At this point a 'bronze star' might as well be toilet paper for all the clowns that had their unit blanket it. I guess he was some kind of republican celebrity for the amount of influence he had.
  5. Replies
    4
    Views
    183

    ►►Re: I know that there is one country that...◄◄

    The game has always been 'threat.' One big enough to unify a bunch of people and justify manipulating them to put more money and power in the hands of the few. For most of human history it was done through war. Then came weapons of mass destruction and it became too risky so we had our proxi-wars through small countries and economy's.

    But now we have a new age. The threat can be something else... biological for example- and the same effect gained. What will our future be and what form will these new threats take?
  6. Forum:Mafia Discussion

    Thread:Personally, Suicide Squad was an ok movie.

    Thread Author:Guy

    Post Author:Helz

    Replies
    6
    Views
    131

    ►►Re: Personally, Suicide Squad was an ok movie.◄◄

    Birds of Prey was trash
  7. Forum:General Discussion

    Thread:texas fucking third world tier

    Thread Author:oops_ur_dead

    Post Author:Helz

    Replies
    13
    Views
    285

    ►►Re: texas fucking third world tier◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperJack View Post
    Hope you're ok @Helz
    I am well brother : )

    Just been staying off the forum because I am cooped up and getting into the sauce. Made a decision last year to avoid posting here when I have been drinking.

    Interesting situation though. Texas is the only place in America that has its own power grid but they obviously cut some corners. The governor has launched an investigation into them but legally it means nothing and thats just a move 'for show' as far as my limited understanding.
  8. Replies
    95
    Views
    1,036

    ►►Re: Double Standards in Racism and Sexism◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by oops_ur_dead View Post
    Would you also consider it a worthwhile discussion on how it's a double standard that it's okay to shoot someone in self-defence but not okay to shoot them out of cold blood?
    I kinda think your just being obstinate in focusing on and refusing to acknowledge that its considered appropriate in society to market an actor based on 1 skin color but not another by arguing categories. For giggles the reason that is different is the question is the morality of the action and that determination is built on the innate right to preserve your life acknowledged by every civilization in the world. In contrast asking if its ok to market one skin color but not another is built on nothing more than the skin color itself.
    So action ok or not ok given preservation of life vs action ok or not ok given skin color. (This is probably the most clearly I have ever highlighted a strawman in my life..)
    Quote Originally Posted by yzb25 View Post
    This is a long list of vastly different issues with wildly varying degrees of validity and significance loosely tied together with the theme "group A was treated differently to group B". I'm not sure you'll ever find a satisfying explanation beyond "when groups A and B are treated the same, we say we're doing it because they're equal, when they're treated differently, we say we're being pragmatic and acknowledging their differences. Either way, we have a rationalization for why the social norm we're comfortable with exists."

    For context, it may be worth mentioning that the Qu'ran and hadiths staunchly proclaim men and women to be equal. Yet Sharia law regards a woman's testimony to be half of a man's. I'm not bringing this up to have a conversation about the ethics of Sharia law. I'm just pointing out wildly different cultures can still view their systems as creating equal and just societies because equality is such a wishy-washy term.
    Quote Originally Posted by oops_ur_dead View Post
    I like yzb's post. I think Helz's point might be a bit vague, and I think a blanket statement on double standards being bad is ignoring a lot of social context. Not just in race/gender but pretty much everything.
    Yes. 100% exactly. I am not talking about Racism and Sexism. Step back and consider on a sociological level the difference between an acknowledged/accepted double standard thats created with reasoning (Such as women getting half a vote in a country) and a accepted double standard that has not been thought out within a society. I kind of feel like 'protests' and social movements in general serve to force society as a whole to think through that second category and when there is a genuine disparity it has to ether then be eliminated or accepted.
    Regardless of what circumstances or category's they relate to its a type of sociological norm established without thought and promotes forms of discrimination. Just talking about them has effectively become a taboo and places you at risk of being categorized as a demonized social group such as a bigot even if you are attempting to eliminate bigotry through your discussion.

    I do feel there is an unseen hand there in the same way as there is for supply and demand to establish a price point in a free market. I have been chewing on this for months and cant quite put my finger on it; but every bit as much as I want to figure that out I want to get others thoughts on the existence of such patterns within society.
  9. Replies
    95
    Views
    1,036

    ►►Re: Double Standards in Racism and Sexism◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by aamirus View Post
    well the disconnect is you already remarked that you get annoyed when anybody mentions white privilege to you, so of course it seems unfair when minority groups "cancel" whites. It only looks unfair for your "side" if you fail to see what your side does to theirs

    and if you don't want to be part of a side and think that is stupid? well yea, but sadly it's the world we live in and you have to accept it as part of your identity even if you don't want to - because others will make it part of your identity whether you like it or not
    Sure, it feels bad to have your success invalidated because of the color of your skin. And the perception that the grass is always greener on the other side rings true.

    But what is this thing in the nature of how our society interacts that creates this bias? More than that what is this thing in the nature of ourselves that acknowledging this bias feels uncomfortable and unnatural? I agree that acceptance is an appropriate and necessary action for the individual but things associated with this rabbit hole has been a recent obsession of mine. The more I tear into social and political movements the more I see a mix of self interest justified by half thought out belief structures and regurgitated moral stances. I want to understand the mechanics of that unseen hand that shapes our society and fosters the division thats so prevalent.
  10. Replies
    95
    Views
    1,036

    ►►Re: Double Standards in Racism and Sexism◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by oops_ur_dead View Post
    You're falling into the exact same trap I was talking about with your examples. There are African-American fraternities, yes. There are also Polish, Danish, Ukrainian, Jewish, etc. fraternities, and everyone's cool with that. There are no white fraternities because whiteness does not exist as an ethnicity outside of the context of white supremacy. Also, you can join any of these fraternities as an "outsider", including joining an African-American fraternity if you're a white guy. It might just be awkward for you and everyone else, hence why it doesn't really happen. I expect the same of any other fraternity, I don't expect a practising Catholic would be particularly at-home in a Jewish fraternity. This is something that would not apply with a supposed white fraternity, because there is no white culture/identity. It's based solely on skin colour, and at that, a very specific racial definition of skin colour (as I mentioned with my example of Syrians earlier).
    This is kind of talking in circles at this point but I still think you are focused on semantics here. Replace 'White' with whatever label, or categorization you want and it does not change the fact that swapping the populous a rights movement advocates for directly impacts how it is perceived in line with a double standard existing within our society. There is no amount of changing what word is used that invalidates that.

    Outside of that these were just examples I threw out to illustrate the more significant issue of double standards in our society. Its a bit of a red herring to only focus on 'White is not an ethnicity' given the larger subject matter. I could easily make lists just as long about socioeconomic status, culture or any number of other groups to draw out the point further if needed.

    Quote Originally Posted by oops_ur_dead View Post
    The reason that nobody talks about Assata's Daughters is because it's a group of less than 70 members that don't seem to have accomplished much of note, not even getting into the politics of the group's goals. I've literally never heard of them before you brought them up. I don't think many people have, outside of this so-called criticism of them.
    This is a fair point. I personally discovered them while studying ANTIFA and BLM a year or so back when I found them as an affiliate and that Colin Kaepernick donated 25k to their cause.

    Regardless do you not see a pattern of specifically selective acceptance in society? If I have just gone flat out tin foil hat level and need a reality check let me know but I struggle to identify how to even hold civil discussions in these directions. Explaining a radical feminist is as morally wrong and sexist as the image of men she perpetuates is a tough subject in the social climate I see.
  11. Replies
    95
    Views
    1,036

    ►►Re: Double Standards in Racism and Sexism◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by oops_ur_dead View Post
    Here's the way it was explained to me with regards to race in the US:

    The concept of "whiteness" as a unifying factor is and has been predominantly used in a white nationalist/supremacist manner. In Europe there is substantial discrimination between different ethnicities, despite them all being white, and if you tell a Polish and a British person that they should consider themselves the same because they are both white you'll get some strange looks. This is extremely evident when you look at history as well. We think it's ridiculous nowadays that Italians and Irish were once not considered "white". But it's because the idea of what is white or not isn't rooted in commonality of culture of ethnicity, but rather of defining what is white as a proxy for what is superior. For instance, why wouldn't you consider Syrians to be white, despite them being as or more light-skinned than certain people we consider to be white? What cultural and even ethnic components unify a white person from Spain and a white person from Finland?

    The idea of blackness in the US is not the same. Most African Americans do not know their heritage, because slavery essentially wiped it out as it was extraneous information. Hence, the culture of blackness in the US is tied to the history of slavery, fights for civil rights, and so on. That's all they can trace their lineage back to. To that regard, the ethnicity, background, and culture of African Americans in the US (of course, I'm largely talking about the descendants of slaves here, not any further immigrants) is inseparable from their skin colour and race.

    Thus, in the US it's a bit of an apples to oranges comparison to say "if you replace black with white it's a double standard", because blackness and whiteness are in different categories. You won't see a white history month, but Irish history month exists, and that's largely alright. Celebrating "white heritage" is definitely racist, because white heritage doesn't exist, but if you celebrate Norwegian or British heritage people won't bat an eye. It's completely different.
    This is interesting and something I never thought of that does explain a portion of the social justification. It made me think about how social categorization also must play into peoples reactions. I do feel it is arguing semantics though. Regardless of how you look at the situation its only ok to market actors based on their skin color for specific races and that is a total double standard. I personally think it would be pretty stupid to have a 'Caucasian history month' or something but I am interested in how we react to such a concept and more importantly, how we rationalize this racism.

    I also would like to focus on the nature of the problem. I think there's clear parallels between race/sex and you could easily throw in a bunch of other categories like age, socioeconomic status, culture, or religious belief; and draw this same pattern of 'Special consideration for some under the guise of equality.'

    Quote Originally Posted by oops_ur_dead View Post
    As for your other examples, I'm curious about these 100% African American/Latino organizations. I've not heard of a single one that exists.
    I could throw out lots of examples of institutions but a quick google search can pull as many as you want. For a very basic example consider the existence of an African American Fraternity. Even the name of that category would receive a very different reaction on the flip side of 'Caucasian American Fraternity.' Or consider the reaction when a woman sued for discrimination because she was not allowed to join a Frat. If a non trans cis male was to sue a sorority to get in he would probably be viewed as a pervert while a woman doing so is a rights activist.

    Then theres fun 'NPO' organizations such as "Assata's Daughters" (named after some girl that robbed a bank and executed cops) with the objective of 'programming' young African American girls in 'radical liberatory activism' against the system. (Literally their words. Programming young girls for radical black feminism.)
    Just imagine the publics reaction if you flipped the race and sex on that group. It would literally be like the KKK integrating a cult style youth outreach program into citys with a hefty helping of sexism. But because the optics in America on racism and sexism are one sided these groups and movements go without attention or much issue from what I see.
  12. Replies
    95
    Views
    1,036

    ►►Double Standards in Racism and Sexism◄◄

    Something I have considered over the last few years is how little our society actually cares for equality. Even just writing some of these out I had this voice in the back of my head calling myself a sexist or a racist just for saying them yet when I stop and think about it there is no justifiable reason. If you can not invert the race or sex and justify the action its a double standard.

    On Racism:
    If you make an African American only organization its progressive but if you make a white only organization its racist.

    Events such as 'Black history month' are seen as normal but if you were to make a 'white history month' people would probably loose their shit.

    If you have a company with 100% Latino employees its ok but if you have one with 100% white people its discrimination.

    Big media platforms like Amazon, Netflix and Youtube push category's highlighting Latino or African American culture which is seen as normal but I have never seen any platform push a white persons content on account of their race and if it was it would likely be seen as offensive/racist.

    Extremism on one side is seemingly protected such as Professor Tommy Curry from A&M advocating that white people should be afraid of black people and even saying some white people may need to die in an interview without loosing his job.

    On Sexism:
    One of my favorite law suits right now is a federal suit against a Utah law against women being topless in public. The state is in the awkward position of arguing to restrict women's rights on the basis of religious morality. Utah, Colorado, Wyoming, New Mexico, Kansas, and Oklahoma will all have to allow topless women if the federal suit rules it unconstitutional.

    If a girl gets laid a lot she is a slut but if a guy does it he is a badass.

    If a guy calls women liers, cheaters, sluts, prevailed ect he is considered an evil pig but if a feminist trashes on men the same way people just shrug.

    A girl is seen as bossy and controlling if she acts with authority while its just seen as being a leader for a guy to do it.

    If a guy slaps a waitress' ass its assault but if a girl who looks like a guy, dresses like a guy, and acts like a guy does it its somehow acceptable. Same parallel with blatantly asking for sex.

    A University of Michigan Law School found that overall men receive 63% longer prison sentences and women are twice as likely to avoid going to jail if convicted. I doubt people would support 'equality' when it required a push to 'Put more women in jail for longer'

    If a woman accuses a man of assault he is guilty until proven innocent, immediately has to go to jail regardless of if he can flatly prove it was a lie, has to bail himself out, has protective orders thrown at him, and faces her in court while she gets a free lawyer. If a many accuses a woman of assault she is innocent until proven guilty, he is seen as a bitch and afforded no legal protections or assistance.

    If a woman lies about a man accusing him of sexual assault or rape to damage his political standing or career its generally done with impunity and there is very little critical opinion of her and almost always no legal repercussions.

    Most studys reflect men only get custody of the child in a divorce between 17-20% of the time.

    Most data reflects women only make 80-85% of what men do in the same fields.
  13. Replies
    44
    Views
    507

    ►►Re: I was oppressed by the White Man, as a black man, AMA◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by oops_ur_dead View Post
    don't you own multiple houses lmao
    Lol. Only 1 right now : )

    It does kinda suck though. People see you have money and your white and they just assume you got a trust fund or society cut you a break. Was thinking about this yesterday and how so many double standards exist within our society with racism and sexism to the extent I feel like people treat the subjects as a 1 way street.

    Just imagine how many people would loose their shit if Amazon, Netflix and Youtube started pushing media because the lead actor was white; or even if there was a 'white history month.'
  14. Forum:Serious Discussion & Debate

    Thread:That's crazy man

    Thread Author:oops_ur_dead

    Post Author:Helz

    Replies
    2
    Views
    76

    ►►Re: That's crazy man◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by oops_ur_dead View Post
    Have you ever done DMT?
    A few times. I enjoyed it but I dont know if its something I will do again.

    The last time I did it it was we smoked it. I was on the bed with a girl and we had a bong rigged up for it. I felt like the hand of God reached up through the bed and grabbed me to drag me down to hell. She said she was convinced she died and that she could feel herself leaving her body to fall to hell. Neither of us had a good time there and we both felt 'out of place' and just kind of awkward for the rest of the day.

    Im much more of a shrooms kinda guy to this day. I push vets to try to micro-dose in tandem with PTSD therapy or just to trip in a positive environment when they loose the will to live. I have a friend that keeps pushing me to try some peyote mix with some Indian shaman but I am not sure if thats something I want these days. Will probably do acid again sometime but I have literally had 2 hits in my closet for the last year and just haven't had the time or inclination to go for it. As much as I enjoy it I very much dislike that uncomfortable feeling that lingers for a few days afterwards and the thoughts I have that I think are 'profound' at the time just feel really stupid when I hear what I was thinking.
  15. Replies
    44
    Views
    507

    ►►Re: I was oppressed by the White Man, as a black man, AMA◄◄

    Sense this is an AMA could you tell me where I can get my free hair cut and high paying job for being white? My whole life I have been told all about how I have it easier for being a white man but I think I forgot to sign up for the White Privilege news letter or something.
  16. Replies
    44
    Views
    507

    ►►Re: I was oppressed by the White Man, as a black man, AMA◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperJack View Post
    How can blind people be racist?
  17. Forum:News

    Thread:ozy

    Thread Author:aamirus

    Post Author:Helz

    Replies
    11
    Views
    291

    ►►Re: ozy◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by OzyWho View Post
    I'm surprised that my absence has been noticed tbh, because it looks like the website was nearly frozen in time.
    Welcome Back : )
  18. Forum:Serious Discussion & Debate

    Thread:Speaking on absolutes

    Thread Author:OzyWho

    Post Author:Helz

    Replies
    28
    Views
    607

    ►►Re: Speaking on absolutes◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by OzyWho View Post
    Do you agree with this viewpoint?:



    Myself, when I see someone always talking in absolutes on a topic - I'm skeptical wether their level of certainty would even allow for a honest debate or discussion.
    I like the 'over use' of 'in my opinion.' To me its less about what your communicating to someone else as it is acknowledging the position you are speaking from. I generally make an attempt to acknowledge my ignorance as often as I can and I hold positions voiced within that frame from others in higher regard.

    I kinda connect this concept to the idea of a dilettante. One of my favorite bits about Einstein was how he would explain concepts with geometry. One day he illustrated how if you consider the volume of an individuals knowledge as the area of a circle and ignorance being everything outside of it the perimeter (which could be seen as the understanding of what we don't know) the relationship between the radius and the perimeter is exponential. That is to say- our understanding of our ignorance increases at a higher rate than our understanding of what we know. The Dunning Kruger effect draws this out beautifully for those interested and I personally attribute this pattern to the statement 'The understanding of your ignorance is the beginning of wisdom.'
    Going back to the dilettante they do not understand how little they know and over anticipate their understanding of a subject. These people leverage their opinions as facts and speak in absolutes.

    I do like your point about being skeptical if someone can hold a genuine conversation if they speak in absolutes. Its a pretty hairy situation to point out someone's ignorance when they are not humble enough to handle it.
  19. Forum:Forum Mafia Discussion

    Thread:Mafia Caravan

    Thread Author:Marshmallow Marshall

    Post Author:Helz

    Replies
    30
    Views
    582

    ►►Re: Mafia Caravan◄◄

    I would be interested in this

    Also may be a good idea to play on random sites that already play mafia. Would create an experienced player draw.

    On a side note this is also a process people use to 'game' the MU champ nominations. They bring mafia into existing sites so they can have more people in the championship
  20. Forum:Forum Mafia Discussion

    Thread:A conclusions place

    Thread Author:OzyWho

    Post Author:Helz

    Replies
    3
    Views
    95

    ►►Re: A conclusions place◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by OzyWho View Post
    Imagine you've a conclusion and arguments for it.

    I believe that: (situational)
    • IRL/Live it's better to start with your arguments first and then slowly work your way towards the conclusion. If you started with your conclusion first, then the other person will have their mind busy thinking of a response, due to their initial disagreement with your conclusion, so they'll have a harder time listening to your arguments.
    • On the internet/Forums it's better to start with your conclusion. That way they can see the relevance of the arguments(or examples) and dissect them fully. (This thread was inspired by an incident on Reddit, where someone made a large amounts of arguments or examples at the beginning, and by the time I got to his conclusion I had already made up my mind and completely missed his point he was trying to convey. It was entirely my fault, but he unnecessarily made it harder for others to understand him by putting his point in the end instead of the beginning.)

    Question is this: where should the conclusion be put in a FM post? Put it in the beginning, and there's your agenda. Put it in the end, and (assuming large post) they'll feel like you're trying to trick them.
    For one bit I think we should equally focus on what that means for us as the reader. This question is focused on the writer but catering to others bad listening habits is not always a viable solution. There is actually some very basic concepts behind how to 'be a good listener' that our society fails at.

    For a pragmatic FM focus I would say it depends. Pushing a lynch I usually voice reasoning before conclusion and end with a vote. Pushing a scum tell I usually start with the conclusion and follow up with reasoning to why my opinion is valid.

    Maybe there is some connection between the style of speech and the appropriate format? Persuasive reasoning first while informative conclusion first?
  21. Forum:General Discussion

    Thread:Best man for the job

    Thread Author:OzyWho

    Post Author:Helz

    Replies
    125
    Views
    1,941

    ►►Re: Best man for the job◄◄

    I have a pretty shallow level of education in Statistics but one of the things that research study's depend on is 'Statistical significance' which is a quantified measurement strongly suggesting the results are not by chance. Coloration and Causation have an interesting relationship in that causation is assumed at risk of confounding variables existing in correlated data.
    Regardless it doesn't really matter. To the point 'higher diversity = a statistically significant measurement of higher profits' could just be correlated, with the causation being 'different cultural backgrounds and educations,' but it still draws out the point that its profitable to diversify regardless of the semantics you place on the measurement because the data has enough replication and is statistically significant.
    This sort of thing is the basis for research study's and anyone with a doctoral degree would be professionally discredited if they contrived their study's (which does happen, Just look up that PHD marine biologist who pushed mermaids were real.) To identify that sort of thing you would have to follow academic journals which can be difficult to access or simply look at multiple independent study's done by different teams drawing the same sorts of conclusions such as Oops has done. Then to discredit the study you gotta go full blown tin-foil hat lizard overlords level or just accept their conclusions are appropriately founded in data.

    But TLDR, From what I see the points made in those studys are totally valid and pointing to semantics does not invalidate the statistical significance.
  22. Forum:Signups

    Thread:★ S-FM 323 (Ladder): Silent Night (14P) ★

    Thread Author:Frinckles

    Post Author:Helz

    Replies
    101
    Views
    2,351

    Poll: ►►Re: ★ S-FM 323 (Ladder): Silent Night (14P) ★◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown1234 View Post
    Oh
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperJack View Post
    Ohhhh
    Ooooh
  23. Forum:General Discussion

    Thread:Best man for the job

    Thread Author:OzyWho

    Post Author:Helz

    Replies
    125
    Views
    1,941

    ►►Re: Best man for the job◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by aamirus View Post
    @Oberon
    @oops_ur_dead

    you've basically already had this argument before in previous threads as mag expressed his belief that asians are genetically smarter than whites and whites are genetically smarter than blacks.
    Not to necro a old conversation but I could totally see an argument for biological inclination to certain intellectual tasks although it hits the brick wall of 'nature vs nurture'. I would point out that being better at something does not mean your not also worse at something else and I really disagree with a lot of the way intelligence is measured. I have a friend most would consider pretty dumb but he runs circles around me effortlessly in many aspects of construction and mechanics. Just because I can fuck with statistics and ramble about nerdy shit doesn't mean I am actually more intelligent than him imo.
  24. Forum:General Discussion

    Thread:Best man for the job

    Thread Author:OzyWho

    Post Author:Helz

    Replies
    125
    Views
    1,941

    ►►Re: Best man for the job◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    I actually disagree. There is no reason to suspect diversity of ethnicity leads to diversity of thought (which is desirable). The burden of proof is on the people making that claim. You need a solid explanation as to why it would do that.
    Yeah, but that is why Oops gave this link as the 'burden of proof' which is a study that drew the conclusion diversity of ethnicity drives company profitability. He has literally given exactly what you are asking for.

    I have also seen the bad end of diversity. When I was in the oil field there was a floorhand who was a black lesbian female. She was an absolutely awful floorhand with no mechanical inclination, had no motivation to troubleshoot or learn, poor work ethic and lacked the physical strength to do the work her position required. Multiple people quit because they just couldn't work with her and I ended up leaving that company because my knees started going out. Theres a super heavy chunk of iron called the 'pipe slips' that when your tripping pipe you gotta pull over and over again (hundreds to thousands of times in a 12 hour shift.) Its actually so heavy its against every company in Americas policy to have a person pull them alone but she simply didnt have the strength to help much and after just 3 hitches working with her my knees started having problems. She is still working for Patterson UTI today because they are terrified to fire her.

    I think diversity is very important and can be a huge asset to company's but the way its enforced is a total double standard. Theres actually a large push in construction management to get females in those positions because study's have shown women are better at multitasking in the way that job requires than men. But push to put men in oilfield jobs because they are physically more capable of the work and its discrimination.
  25. Forum:General Discussion

    Thread:Best man for the job

    Thread Author:OzyWho

    Post Author:Helz

    Replies
    125
    Views
    1,941

    ►►Re: Best man for the job◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by oops_ur_dead View Post
    Also jesus christ, I'd rather hire some diversity than being stuck in a room filled with Cambridge and Oxford students. That sounds absolutely insufferable.
    One of the most maddening things to me is how extraversion is pushed so hard. Its especially prominent in business degrees these days.
  26. Forum:General Discussion

    Thread:Dumbest movie you've ever watched

    Thread Author:Oberon

    Post Author:Helz

    Replies
    24
    Views
    495

    ►►Re: Dumbest movie you've ever watched◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by aamirus View Post
    they made a sort of sequel called Yogahosers https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EAy6-uCb1o
    Lol. I don't even know what to think about that. Midget Sausage Nazi fighting with yoga techniques in Canada?
  27. Forum:General Discussion

    Thread:Dumbest movie you've ever watched

    Thread Author:Oberon

    Post Author:Helz

    Replies
    24
    Views
    495

    ►►Re: Dumbest movie you've ever watched◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    Isn't Tusk the walrus thing? It wasn't that bad... but I haven't watched the credits xD.
    Speaking of bongs... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJcljSYCKVk
    That bong movie looks hilarious.

    I think you should take a moment to watch the final fight scene again. Tusk is an absolutely awful movie in the best of ways imo. I couldn't believe what I was watching in the end because of how serious the movie took itself in the beginning and I dont know if I have ever seen another movie pull such a crazy evolution.
  28. Forum:General Discussion

    Thread:Dumbest movie you've ever watched

    Thread Author:Oberon

    Post Author:Helz

    Replies
    24
    Views
    495

    ►►Re: Dumbest movie you've ever watched◄◄

    Tusk is pretty high up there but that ones kinda so bad its good. 100% worth watching once and stay for the credits where it has a conversation from the producers hitting a bong and laughing about how ridiculous they can make the ending. The movie starts out totally serious but as it draws on it practically becomes a parody of itself.

    The worst one I watched last year would probably be Mermaid Down. The plot make absolutely no sense in any way and the character development is a total joke. The 'bad guy' is just the cartoon level of 'evil because he is evil' and they try to mix in some strange ghost stuff that makes no sense. This is easily one of the worst movies I have ever seen and is not the 'so bad its good' kinda film.

    The worst movie I have ever seen I think was called 'Gummy' but I can't even find it now. Some guy went across America and asked people for home videos in Burger King that he then scrambled into some very strange story of stuff he recorded. It would cut from kids killing cats to sell them to some guy to a guy whoring out his retarded sister to a methed out mom screaming at a 11 year old boy for taping silverware together to lift as dumbells. It kinda effectively drew out a very uncomfortable part of mentally unstable American society on lots of drugs. I think I was drunk off my ass and like 15 when I saw it but to this day that was probably the most uncomfortable I have ever been watching a movie. At least Requiem for a dream or Party Monster made sense and had a coherent story while this one was just insanity incarnate.
  29. ►►Re: hey guys remember how we were all just overreacting to COVID only so trump wouldnt get re-electe◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    What do you gain by correcting the figure? What changes? The important part isn't the fact that 5 or 6 or 7 million jews died, it's that millions of jews died. The human mind can't comprehend a number as fucking gargantuan as 6 million.

    Sorry, picking at small points here, but that irked me.
    Relevant to the conversation the point was correcting the number does not detract from the message that the holocaust was wrong. Its a systemic issue in how we debate as a global society. Im not sure if its now getting worse or if I just started taking heavy notice of it recently but I do consider it a problem.

    Outside of the conversation the pedantic side of me dislikes small details like this. There is no need to overstate such a figure. When your talking about millions dead its such a terrible thing I can't even wrap my mind around those numbers. Whether it was 1 or 3 or 5 million there is no need to exaggerate.
  30. ►►Re: hey guys remember how we were all just overreacting to COVID only so trump wouldnt get re-electe◄◄

    Oberon does touch on something I have been thinking about a lot over the last year or so. Say someone were to talk about how the holocaust was terrible, 6 million Jews died, and we should tear down some Nazi memorial. If I were to walk up and point out that the 6 million killed figure was generated from German census changes and its a certainty that many Jews relocated so it was likely less than 6 million killed I would get attacked. Someone would probably scream about 'whataboutism' and call me a Nazi/Racist/fucked up person or some such.

    To begin with we live in a society where people act like being offended = being right; but its kinda crazy that we can hardly even make associated points any more. I also have no idea how to combat this behavior but I see it quite a bit.

    Maybe the entire whataboutism fallacy just compounds the issue? I personally think people should just stick to hammering on Red Herrings and if its relevant to the conversation but detrimental to their position using whataboutism to invalidate the other persons position is a terrible way to debate. Either way this bias that makes us view anything that does not agree with our point as an attack on our point is something I have been noticing more and more..
  31. ►►Re: hey guys remember how we were all just overreacting to COVID only so trump wouldnt get re-electe◄◄

    One thing that made me laugh about curfews is that it actually makes more people shop at the same time. Like.. Isnt that the exact opposite of what the goal was?

    This whole epidemic has made me really laugh at us as a species.
  32. ►►Re: hey guys remember how we were all just overreacting to COVID only so trump wouldnt get re-electe◄◄

    That makes a lot of sense to me. I actually remember reading a study that said COVID mutates slowly.

    Just curious, In other country's is absolutely everything blamed on COVID? I have gotten some pretty crazy ones over the last year to include stuff like my city saying they couldn't deliver me a garbage can after I purchased a house. I even had an internet company try to have me install my own internet and charge me an installation fee. What kind of nonsense have you guys had in other countries?
  33. ►►Re: hey guys remember how we were all just overreacting to COVID only so trump wouldnt get re-electe◄◄

    I mean.. Its not like were doing stuff that makes sense anyways.

    I have to wear a mask for the first 30 seconds walking to my table at a restaurant but then dont have to wear one for the next hour while I order and eat.

    We have to wear masks but most people wear stuff made by fashion designers at best. Worse is the 'ultra breathable sock' things and the worst are those ones with a built in check valve that does absolutely nothing. Usually the same people wearing these fashion devices are the ones to flip out when someone's nose isnt covered.

    We have limited the hours businesses and bars can stay open because the COVID monster comes out at night or something? Now most bars reclassified themselves as restaurants so they can stay open until 2 am and somehow strip clubs are still open. How do you get a social distance lap dance anyways?

    The most vocal states like California started opening back up shortly after the election and somehow their numbers are now going down? I duno what voodoo is going on there..

    My personal favorite is most industry's around where I live are super hurting for employees because fuck working when Uncle Sam is gona cut me 3k a month to sit on my ass at home and there are talks of increasing payments even more.

    Real question though- I thought the entire point of locking stuff down was to 'flatten the curve' so medical resources don't get overwhelmed. Now that we have plenty of resources and all that jazz whats the point? Its not like the flu virus doesnt mutate so vaccinating everyone is just a temporary solution. If it wasn't I would only get 1 flu shot and be good for the rest of my life.
  34. Forum:General Discussion

    Thread:Just Gamer Things

    Thread Author:OzyWho

    Post Author:Helz

    Replies
    15
    Views
    294

    ►►Re: Just Gamer Things◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    The actual scenario is a bit funnier, as I understand it (I donít understand it)

    Hedge funds operate by borrowing stock from other people. You borrow their stock at $20, and if the stock rises, you sell it at $30, and when the stock goes back down, you buy it back at $20. The hedge fund pockets the $10. As I understand it, thatís how hedge funds work, highly simplified. If the stock doesnít go down before the hedge fund runs out of time to buy the stock back, they lose money.

    In the case of GameStop, a hedge fund borrowed more stocks for game stop than technically existed, or something, then sold them. A group of people realized that they had to buy a bunch of stocks for gamestop, so they bought the stocks, knowing the stocks were about to go up. Since the fund will be forced to eventually buy the stocks from them, the higher the stock goes the better.

    Now GameStop is up like $400. Itís allegedly only going to go higher. The hedge fund is now down 70 billion USD and has filed for bankruptcy.
    What you are describing is the process of 'shorting stock' which anyone can do. I do it through E-trade with an account that has options trading. There are very man forms of options trading which give great returns.

    What Redditors did was called a 'short squeeze.' Wall-Street had shorted 130% of the stock so people knew they had to buy that back. They inflated the price and then profited as the stocks were forced to be bought back.

    For trading platforms shutting down trading most of them are actually owned by hedge funds that use the trading data to profit. RobinHood is a good example. Many people have speculated class action lawsuits and such but at least when I read the ToS for RobinHood they can do whatever they want to include forcing people to sell positions against their will.

    What I liked about this situation is that the small guy got to fuck wallstreet hard but also its blatantly obvious now that we do not live in a free market. As soon as big money looses they shut shit down hard.

    What I dislike is they are framing groups like 'wallstreet bets' as doing illegal market manipulation which is exactly what they have been doing for years and pushing for legal action to be taken against them; just because they lost for once.
  35. Forum:Circlejerk

    Thread:Top500 posters, in order - 2021 edition.

    Thread Author:OzyWho

    Post Author:Helz

    Replies
    67
    Views
    1,186

    ►►Re: Top500 posters, in order - 2021 edition.◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Brendan View Post
    stay mad 29
    Lol

    Honestly if all FM posts were counted I would probably drop to like 40th. There were many super active players who did not participate much in other chats for years.
  36. Forum:Circlejerk

    Thread:Top500 posters, in order - 2021 edition.

    Thread Author:OzyWho

    Post Author:Helz

    Replies
    67
    Views
    1,186

    ►►Re: Top500 posters, in order - 2021 edition.◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by OzyWho View Post
    I got the impression that our site is below average when it comes to post counts in games. @Marshmallow Marshall @Helz
    Can one of you confirm or deny this?
    I think its average to slightly above average right now but use to be well below average.

    Just going off memory. Looks like MM may have looked at MU stats or something.
  37. Forum:Signups

    Thread:★ S-FM 323 (Ladder): Silent Night (14P) ★

    Thread Author:Frinckles

    Post Author:Helz

    Replies
    101
    Views
    2,351

    Poll: ►►Re: ★ S-FM 323 (Ladder): Silent Night (14P) ★◄◄

    @MattZed
    @unknown
    @Firebringer
    @SuperJack

    Rematch?

    -Edit
    I really should be finishing projects instead of taking on more stuff to consume my time >.<
  38. Replies
    54
    Views
    1,057

    ►►Re: GOD BLESS THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by OzyWho View Post
    Who is the author of this thread btw?
    I want to believe it's SB16. Tell me it's SB16.
    I dont know, But I am making this post so it gets closer to page 2 because its so painful to scroll through that first post that was quoted over and over >.<
  39. Forum:General Discussion

    Thread:Trumps Future

    Thread Author:Helz

    Post Author:Helz

    Replies
    17
    Views
    463

    ►►Re: Trumps Future◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by yzb25 View Post
    In an alternate reality people are watching this as the finale to a sitcom that satirizes the overly bombastic nature of political discourse. I find comfort in thinking about how this is all bringing them so much amusement. They will get their cathartic climax where they see karma bite the greedy, dopey businessman in the ass. And I hope we get to see it in our reality too!
    Lol. I like that outlook.

    I think it will happen. Trumps behavior has been absolutely desperate. I think he really needed to stay as president and he had bet hard on it. That bank that cut ties with him said it was over the capitol but 350 million dollar deals dont happen because of morals. He lost and they jumped ship. When big money makes moves like that there's always a reason.
  40. Forum:Circlejerk

    Thread:Top500 posters, in order - 2021 edition.

    Thread Author:OzyWho

    Post Author:Helz

    Replies
    67
    Views
    1,186

    ►►Re: Top500 posters, in order - 2021 edition.◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperJack View Post
    Helz is just upset that he will have more posts then ThinkLiveLife
    Lol

    I bet there isnt more than 5 people on the site any more that remember that handle : P
  41. Replies
    54
    Views
    1,057

    ►►Re: GOD BLESS THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    I donít because I hate it when people are needlessly mean :P
    Yeah. People go there a lot with politics. Its part of the reason I have started pushing against the bullshit idea that political beliefs reflect morality. As if not supporting immigration makes you a racist and all the rest of the sneaky ad hominem attacks you end up dealing with in conversations these days.
  42. Replies
    54
    Views
    1,057

    ►►Re: GOD BLESS THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    Whataboutism, that's all they got anymore.

    BUTTEREMAILS.

    There is no "conspiracy" about the russians, the Trump's welcomed Russian agents to Trump Tower because they had "dirt" on Hillary.

    Quit guzzling Breitbart for once!

    If you believe there was evidence of fraud, how come not a single lawsuit has been meaningfully ruled in Trumps favor? Oh! All of the courts are in on it too!
    You could go a step further and point out that Trump pardoned an American serving time for treason for giving classified information to Russia..
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    OOO I don't know lots of people are saying their was fraud!!!!


    Literally the EXACT SHIT Trump has said and it is fucking bullshit. Reject it.

    Burden of proof is on YOU. None exists, so you resort to this BULLSHIT whataboutism.

    Fuck off.
    Take a breath.. Just point out videos like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yGnMEv-g4Y
    Or pull up court transcripts where their lawyers have flat out said they are not claiming fraud. Theres many times its happened. No need to get all worked up about it.

    Your anxiety is giving me anxiety
  43. Replies
    54
    Views
    1,057

    ►►Re: GOD BLESS THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    I think oops just likes arguing. At the end of a day a persons political views donít matter to me if theyíre well founded and not puppeting another persons.
    I think the overwhelming majority of political ideas are just puppeting to some extent. Most debated subjects in general are regurgitated points at their heart and you can tear down those arguments into logic trees.

    I like talking with Oops because he makes me think about my views even more than I already somewhat obsessively have but from different perspectives.
  44. Forum:General Discussion

    Thread:Trumps Future

    Thread Author:Helz

    Post Author:Helz

    Replies
    17
    Views
    463

    ►►Re: Trumps Future◄◄

    Anyone else hear about Trump attempting a coup through the DOJ this weekend? This shit is the stuff of bad TV shows..
  45. Replies
    1,610
    Views
    20,814
  46. Replies
    1,610
    Views
    20,814

    ►►Re: S-FM Eternal Conflict (Off Queue Game Ongoing)◄◄

    Its the final countdown~

    Place your bets!
  47. Replies
    1,610
    Views
    20,814

    ►►Re: S-FM Eternal Conflict (Off Queue Game Ongoing)◄◄

    It kinda sounds like you are saying Yzb is town but you want to lynch him because he is LHF and will be lynched down the road reguardless.
  48. Replies
    1,610
    Views
    20,814

    ►►Re: S-FM Eternal Conflict (Off Queue Game Ongoing)◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperJack View Post
    No idea. Depends on what their content is tomorrow. I would call grey town cause he whined just like he did the last game.
    So to be clear
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Magician View Post
    Back at it with 1 less town.
    Allowing Mafia to get closer to Victory, step by step.
    You won't see this post as damning? He basically flat out said the day smite was a hit on town here before the flip.
  49. Replies
    1,610
    Views
    20,814

    ►►Re: S-FM Eternal Conflict (Off Queue Game Ongoing)◄◄

    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Magoroth View Post
    I refuse to get behind a Bahkeih yeet with 12 minutes left in a 3 week day. That's just bad sportsmanship.
    Its not like its good sportsmanship for him to not post in 2 weeks though
  50. Replies
    1,610
    Views
    20,814

    ►►Re: S-FM Eternal Conflict (Off Queue Game Ongoing)◄◄

    Nevermind. Looks like Yzb is invisible. I swear I saw him pop up earlier..

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperJack View Post
    God. You know what. This last hour has really caused me to scum read you Helz.
    Lol <3

    11 minutes left on the clock.

    Btw, How do you feel about that DM post I pointed out suggesting he could have slipped knowing Gray will flip town? Will you want to lynch him tomorrow if thats the case? (not trying to change your mind here btw)
Results 1 to 50 of 2000
Page 1 of 40 1 2 3 4