* * * SC2 Mafia Thread * * * -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- Thread : Remove Admin Ability to Broadcast Messages https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49590 -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 1] Auteur : Renegade Date : January 9th, 2022 10:47 PM Title : Remove Admin Ability to Broadcast Messages Why is this function even a thing? I've never seen it used for any legitimate purpose, other than admins wanting to say things. They shouldn't be saying anything at all, jokes, observations, none of it. If an admin is going to play, they should not have this ability. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 2] Auteur : Renegade Date : January 9th, 2022 10:49 PM Title : Re: Remove Admin Ability to Broadcast Messages It really calls into question and raises doubts about what else the admins are doing to players when playing in games with them. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 3] Auteur : Veliaire Date : January 9th, 2022 10:51 PM Title : Re: Remove Admin Ability to Broadcast Messages I literally was in a game not too long ago where an Admin announced he was Jailor as an Admin -- but then like a troll, he didn't even jail anyone and cost town the game. This feature needs to be removed. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 4] Auteur : Frinckles Date : January 9th, 2022 11:03 PM Title : Re: Remove Admin Ability to Broadcast Messages It was all me, all of it. Every single time. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 5] Auteur : Renegade Date : January 9th, 2022 11:17 PM Title : Re: Remove Admin Ability to Broadcast Messages [request to delete thread] -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 6] Auteur : rumox Date : January 10th, 2022 12:53 AM Title : Re: Remove Admin Ability to Broadcast Messages Report for mod abuse if you think mods/admins are using it incorrectly. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 7] Auteur : rumox Date : January 10th, 2022 12:56 AM Title : Re: Remove Admin Ability to Broadcast Messages That goes for any mod/admin commands, if they are being turds report them. We have a specific rule to enforce staff behavior. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 8] Auteur : DJarJar Date : January 10th, 2022 10:40 AM Title : Re: Remove Admin Ability to Broadcast Messages Frinckles uses it when he’s testing new patches/bugs -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 9] Auteur : Unknown1234 Date : January 10th, 2022 11:29 AM Title : Re: Remove Admin Ability to Broadcast Messages I’ve used it before and had to a few times to prevent people from leaving (when game froze) and to explain why it ended so they could get points. It has its uses even if it may not seem like it. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 10] Auteur : Lumi Date : January 10th, 2022 02:02 PM Title : Re: Remove Admin Ability to Broadcast Messages The Frinckles reign of terror continues -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 11] Auteur : SuperJack Date : January 11th, 2022 08:52 AM Title : Re: Remove Admin Ability to Broadcast Messages I suggest to make it even more obnoxious. Fog horn for every message using comic sans font that changes size and colour every character. And the camera does a 306°spin -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-