* * * SC2 Mafia Thread * * * -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- Thread : How many chances should a person be given? https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49187 -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 1] Auteur : Helz Date : September 13th, 2021 11:29 AM Title : How many chances should a person be given? Paris Wilder got killed recently trying to kill some cops. The guy had been arrested 40 times with 23 felony's and was on bond for 2 more felonys with 2 more felony warrants. This is kind extreme but begs a very real question of 'how many chances are too many?' How many are not enough? Its not cool to throw someone in a cage without the chance for redemption but where do you draw that line and how do you justify that? -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 2] Auteur : OzyWho Date : September 13th, 2021 01:17 PM Title : Re: How many chances should a person be given? A self thought out reason for an arbitrary number would come from a hubris that's just mental imho. If there's a way to justify a number, then only by something that has a empirical basis. Loosen up the justice system for some time and evaluate the numbers - see after how many incidents there's 0% hope based on statistics. But, tbh, the example that you pointed out only shows a rehabilitation inadequacy of the justice system. Are you sure you're asking the right questions here? -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 3] Auteur : Marshmallow Marshall Date : September 15th, 2021 12:43 PM Title : Re: How many chances should a person be given? The terribly unhelpful, yet correct answer is: it depends. Should you forgive someone who killed 10 people in cold blood at once VS should you forgive someone who stole a car is not the same at all. It depends on the person's intent for the future, on whether or not the person is a danger for society and itself, etc. Coming up with a number would be completely arbitrary and usually inaccurate. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 4] Auteur : Oberon Date : September 15th, 2021 04:15 PM Title : Re: How many chances should a person be given? NONE! Fuck you, fuck me, fuck everyone! -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 5] Auteur : Plotato Date : September 15th, 2021 05:56 PM Title : Re: How many chances should a person be given? french people deserve no chances -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 6] Auteur : Firebringer Date : September 15th, 2021 06:12 PM Title : Re: How many chances should a person be given? Paris Wilder got killed recently trying to kill some cops. The guy had been arrested 40 times with 23 felony's and was on bond for 2 more felonys with 2 more felony warrants. This is kind extreme but begs a very real question of 'how many chances are too many?' How many are not enough? Its not cool to throw someone in a cage without the chance for redemption but where do you draw that line and how do you justify that? Wait was he charged 23 times? or convicted of 23? -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 7] Auteur : Tossangel Date : September 17th, 2021 10:58 PM Title : Re: How many chances should a person be given? First, OMG Firebringer and Helz! My besties :love: We need to catch up. On Topic, I don't think a hard a fast 3 strikes rule is necessarily good but come on judges! -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 8] Auteur : Firebringer Date : September 17th, 2021 11:14 PM Title : Re: How many chances should a person be given? Hey Toss, been awhile we should play some games soon. I need to reinstall -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 9] Auteur : Tossangel Date : September 18th, 2021 12:01 AM Title : Re: How many chances should a person be given? Hey Toss, been awhile we should play some games soon. I need to reinstall Yes, yes you do! Did you get a new toaster? -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 10] Auteur : NotPaopan Date : September 18th, 2021 01:03 AM Title : Re: How many chances should a person be given? Mark 11:25 -- And when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive them, so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 11] Auteur : Plotato Date : September 20th, 2021 10:55 PM Title : Re: How many chances should a person be given? Quran 9:123 "O you who believe, fight those disbelievers who are near you, and let them find severity in you. Know well that Allah is with the God-fearing." -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 12] Auteur : OzyWho Date : September 20th, 2021 11:19 PM Title : Re: How many chances should a person be given? Quran 9:123 "O you who believe, fight those disbelievers who are near you, and let them find severity in you. Know well that Allah is with the God-fearing." I prefer the love spreading Muhammad over the warmongering Muhammad. I wish they just deleted the latter from the Quran. There is no God but Allah and Muhammad is his messenger, but Muhammad is a stupid fuck who couldn't handle not gaining any followers for when he was preaching love - so he said [I]"fuck it, let's fearmonger with conquering and torturing"[./I] -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 13] Auteur : Oberon Date : September 21st, 2021 10:56 AM Title : Re: How many chances should a person be given? A self thought out reason for an arbitrary number would come from a hubris that's just mental imho. If there's a way to justify a number, then only by something that has a empirical basis. Loosen up the justice system for some time and evaluate the numbers - see after how many incidents there's 0% hope based on statistics. But, tbh, the example that you pointed out only shows a rehabilitation inadequacy of the justice system. Are you sure you're asking the right questions here? Why are you pretending this is anything other than the argument you and Helz had spilling over into a different thread -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 14] Auteur : OzyWho Date : September 21st, 2021 08:56 PM Title : Re: How many chances should a person be given? Why are you pretending this is anything other than the argument you and Helz had spilling over into a different thread What are you talking about? -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-