* * * SC2 Mafia Thread * * * -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- Thread : Fraud https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49614 -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 1] Auteur : SuperJack Date : January 14th, 2022 05:16 AM Title : Fraud Some Wankers have stolen £4000 from my credit card. Very unhappy with my Credit card company, as it was completly our of my normal shopping habbits, bought from the other side of the country for amount way above my normal spendingh between £200-£500 ofer a dozen transactions. Shit is Obvious fraud and I can't believe my Credit card company never flagged any of it. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 2] Auteur : Marshmallow Marshall Date : January 14th, 2022 06:41 AM Title : Re: Fraud That sucks. But hey, your credit card company is happy: they're probably just hoping to throw people in debt... -_- -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 3] Auteur : OzyWho Date : January 14th, 2022 08:51 AM Title : Re: Fraud I had something stolen from my credit card once. The bank, they took it almost personal. Immediately made lawsuits or whatever on their own expense, as I understand it, idk, but I got my money back in 3-6 months something like that. I don't like the bank, I was only there because that particular job allowed only 2 banks for their salaries (those banks are merged now coincidentally). But that shit - that shit I liked. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 4] Auteur : DJarJar Date : January 14th, 2022 11:31 AM Title : Re: Fraud Some Wankers have stolen £4000 from my credit card. Very unhappy with my Credit card company, as it was completly our of my normal shopping habbits, bought from the other side of the country for amount way above my normal spendingh between £200-£500 ofer a dozen transactions. Shit is Obvious fraud and I can't believe my Credit card company never flagged any of it. That sucks but were you at least able to get them to charge it back? -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 5] Auteur : Helz Date : January 14th, 2022 02:30 PM Title : Re: Fraud SuperJack So the good thing about credit cards is that its an agreement to lend. If someone uses your credit card the burden of proof to say you made the transaction is on the credit card company and the firm it was used at. It is the most secure form of payment for that reasoning. You basically have an agreement with a lender to lend you up to X amount of money under X terms as you request it. If you did not request it you are not liable. I have had stuff like this happen a few times. In my experience I just file a police report and fill out some paperwork with my lender and everything gets sorted easy enough. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 6] Auteur : Brendan Date : January 14th, 2022 03:03 PM Title : Re: Fraud does it work differently in the UK? I could call my bank or credit card company and they would sort it out from there. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 7] Auteur : SuperJack Date : January 14th, 2022 03:09 PM Title : Re: Fraud Ay yeh I'll get all me money back no probs with that. It's the reason why I have a credit card. (For the protection + cashback) Just pisses me off cause I'm in Sweden for 2 weeks and the card had no exchange fee when I use it. Now I gotta use my direct debit cards record the extra cost I'm gonna incur and make my credit card pay me for it. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 8] Auteur : SuperJack Date : January 14th, 2022 03:11 PM Title : Re: Fraud I don't have to do anything special to get what they used back though. I've done my part, all I had to do was call them and say it wasn't me. They do all the work from here, and it will only take a couple of weeks to credit my account. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 9] Auteur : NotPaopan Date : January 15th, 2022 05:59 PM Title : Re: Fraud Is this a PayPal advertisement? Just kidding, that's an insensitive remark. Personally speaking, I do think credit cards are your "extra" protection. Imagine getting that juicy £4000 stolen from your debit cards. Debit cards balance is my money whilst credit cards are banks' money. I am confident you won't get charged for it. It's just an extra hassle though. It happened to me when I transacted with some no-name online store. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 10] Auteur : Stealthbomber16 Date : January 17th, 2022 10:43 AM Title : Re: Fraud Is this a PayPal advertisement? Just kidding, that's an insensitive remark. Personally speaking, I do think credit cards are your "extra" protection. Imagine getting that juicy £4000 stolen from your debit cards. Debit cards balance is my money whilst credit cards are banks' money. I am confident you won't get charged for it. It's just an extra hassle though. It happened to me when I transacted with some no-name online store. This is funny because paypal let some joker spend ~$500 from my bank account. They set up a PayPal in my name and started spending money. I don’t deal with any of those money moving convenience apps anymore- Venmo, cash app, PayPal. Fuck all of ‘em. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-