* * * SC2 Mafia Thread * * * -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- Thread : Request: Doctor should be able to save people with heart attacks https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49232 -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 1] Auteur : gregl Date : September 25th, 2021 10:20 AM Title : Request: Doctor should be able to save people with heart attacks I think some AFK players deserve a second chance, maybe they had to go to the kitchen or the restroom and couldn't make it back in time 8) Witch doctors can rescue players with heart attacks, why can't regular doctors? They're both doctors! WAIT SCRATCH THAT, witch doctors can't rescue heart attack victim, I was mistaken. OOPS -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 2] Auteur : Lumi Date : September 25th, 2021 10:35 AM Title : Re: Request: Doctor should be able to save people with heart attacks Witch doctors can rescue players with heart attacks, why can't regular doctors? They're both doctors! Is this real? What the heck -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 3] Auteur : Marshmallow Marshall Date : September 26th, 2021 06:18 AM Title : Re: Request: Doctor should be able to save people with heart attacks The point of heart attacks is to prevent people from sitting AFK all game, forcing town to lynch them at some point because they're a big question mark (or at least causing serious doubt when it comes to worldbuilding). Doctors shouldn't really be healing heart attacks lol, it's usually against town's interest (there's almost always a better target than some AFK guy who's not talking, not voting, and not doing anything at night). But I understand the frustration of getting heart attacks because you went away in the middle of a night after putting your action in... -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 4] Auteur : OzyWho Date : September 26th, 2021 06:47 AM Title : Re: Request: Doctor should be able to save people with heart attacks Lag I was wondering if it was possible for you to do your computer magic thingy and pull up statistics, which roles heart attack the most? I remember dying from heart attack often even though being present in the game. Just not talking + having a role that I don't want to night action with or something. I feel like the heart attack's theoretical purpose doesn't correspond with how it is in practice at all. If we knew that roles like Jailor, Government and Benign died far more than the rest - that'd prove it I think. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 5] Auteur : Lumi Date : September 27th, 2021 12:44 PM Title : Re: Request: Doctor should be able to save people with heart attacks Lag I was wondering if it was possible for you to do your computer magic thingy and pull up statistics, which roles heart attack the most? I remember dying from heart attack often even though being present in the game. Just not talking + having a role that I don't want to night action with or something. I feel like the heart attack's theoretical purpose doesn't correspond with how it is in practice at all. If we knew that roles like Jailor, Government and Benign died far more than the rest - that'd prove it I think. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Not currently. In the future, maybe. Unless there is a clever solution that I am missing, parsing information from replays that doesn't involve player inputs is very difficult because SC2 is a deterministic game. It takes a starting seed + the map file + the player inputs and then just recreates the game from those three things in the replay viewer. Meaning anything that isn't directly tied to player inputs (such as chat input or button presses), then in order to extract that information you'd have to emulate the entire Mafia map file ran using the starting seed (which is exactly what the SC2 client does when viewing a replay). -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 6] Auteur : Varcron Date : September 28th, 2021 09:51 PM Title : Re: Request: Doctor should be able to save people with heart attacks Lag I was wondering if it was possible for you to do your computer magic thingy and pull up statistics, which roles heart attack the most? I remember dying from heart attack often even though being present in the game. Just not talking + having a role that I don't want to night action with or something. I feel like the heart attack's theoretical purpose doesn't correspond with how it is in practice at all. If we knew that roles like Jailor, Government and Benign died far more than the rest - that'd prove it I think. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I could big brain this one I'd say the most likely roles to afk are likely doc, coroner, and sheriff (based off of my experience) no official statistics. Gov typically can't afk otherwise reports will flood in since they are really influential and same with jailor. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 7] Auteur : NotPaopan Date : September 28th, 2021 11:09 PM Title : Re: Request: Doctor should be able to save people with heart attacks I could big brain this one I'd say the most likely roles to afk are likely doc, coroner, and sheriff (based off of my experience) no official statistics. Gov typically can't afk otherwise reports will flood in since they are really influential and same with jailor. Damn. I remember the old me... where I would only like to play huge impact roles such as Jailors, Vig, SK, Govs... But by looking at the game from a different kind of perspective, I enjoy the game regardless of role. Like a doctor, coroner, no action roles, etc. Like, say... Hours ago played a game as an Amnesiac and pretended to be a lookout. I forged a lookout will that labels someone as the killer on day 2. He got trialled and lynched, flipped as a triad. Then I died and as I flipped Amnesiac, everyone is confused. Good stuff. I highly thank 15 any random game mode on ToS. Thanks to this, I really enjoy the game and didn't stress about it regardless of the outcome. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 8] Auteur : Varcron Date : September 29th, 2021 05:54 PM Title : Re: Request: Doctor should be able to save people with heart attacks Damn. I remember the old me... where I would only like to play huge impact roles such as Jailors, Vig, SK, Govs... But by looking at the game from a different kind of perspective, I enjoy the game regardless of role. Like a doctor, coroner, no action roles, etc. Like, say... Hours ago played a game as an Amnesiac and pretended to be a lookout. I forged a lookout will that labels someone as the killer on day 2. He got trialled and lynched, flipped as a triad. Then I died and as I flipped Amnesiac, everyone is confused. Good stuff. I highly thank 15 any random game mode on ToS. Thanks to this, I really enjoy the game and didn't stress about it regardless of the outcome. I agree back once upon a time I only liked playing evil roles (sk, arso etc) but now I much rather playing BG, surv, exec, and coroner. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 9] Auteur : Frinckles Date : October 1st, 2021 01:19 PM Title : Re: Request: Doctor should be able to save people with heart attacks Is this real? What the heck I'm not sure. I'll test it out later today but I don’t think that should be a thing. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 10] Auteur : Apocist Date : October 4th, 2021 12:51 PM Title : Re: Request: Doctor should be able to save people with heart attacks Apo can suggest having like a...popup captcha like thing to warn them about staying inactive that in the next minute will result in death. and then allowing this invisible action to reset the countdown -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 11] Auteur : DJarJar Date : October 6th, 2021 10:06 AM Title : Re: Request: Doctor should be able to save people with heart attacks Apo can suggest having like a...popup captcha like thing to warn them about staying inactive that in the next minute will result in death. and then allowing this invisible action to reset the countdown well there already is a big red warning that spams itself at you before you heart attack -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 12] Auteur : OzyWho Date : October 6th, 2021 10:35 AM Title : Re: Request: Doctor should be able to save people with heart attacks well there already is a big red warning that spams itself at you before you heart attack Ikr Apo forgot :facepalm: -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 13] Auteur : Marshmallow Marshall Date : October 6th, 2021 06:29 PM Title : Re: Request: Doctor should be able to save people with heart attacks Ikr Apo forgot :facepalm: Apo refers to Apo with the third person Ozy refers to Apo with the third person Ergo, Ozy is Apo?! :thriller: ALT DETECTED :thriller: -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 14] Auteur : OzyWho Date : October 7th, 2021 03:33 AM Title : Re: Request: Doctor should be able to save people with heart attacks Apo refers to Apo with the third person Ozy refers to Apo with the third person Ergo, Ozy is Apo?! :thriller: ALT DETECTED :thriller: No. Apo doesn't use :facepalm: Nor does Apo use "ikr" Nor does Apo use "nor" Apo and Cozy are very different! -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 15] Auteur : DJarJar Date : October 7th, 2021 08:38 AM Title : Re: Request: Doctor should be able to save people with heart attacks Cozy Hi cozy -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 16] Auteur : OzyWho Date : October 7th, 2021 08:51 AM Title : Re: Request: Doctor should be able to save people with heart attacks Hi cozy (づo◕‿◕o)づ╰(*´︶`*)╯ -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 17] Auteur : Marshmallow Marshall Date : October 7th, 2021 09:06 AM Title : Re: Request: Doctor should be able to save people with heart attacks No. Apo doesn't use :facepalm: Nor does Apo use "ikr" Nor does Apo use "nor" Apo and Cozy are very different! What would we ever do without you xD. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 18] Auteur : Apocist Date : October 9th, 2021 10:24 AM Title : Re: Request: Doctor should be able to save people with heart attacks Apo refers to Apo with the third person Ozy refers to Apo with the third person Ergo, Ozy is Apo?! :thriller: ALT DETECTED :thriller: Apo will accept being Cozy -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-