* * * SC2 Mafia Thread * * * -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- Thread : Which setup do you like the best? https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45922 -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 1] Auteur : Marshmallow Marshall Date : January 13th, 2020 03:51 AM Title : Which setup do you like the best? What is the best non-crazy setup you have ever played? If you want to add a crazy setup too, feel free to, but I'd like to know what the community likes. Who knows, it might serve for future purposes... -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 2] Auteur : OzyWho Date : January 13th, 2020 05:39 AM Title : Re: Which setup do you like the best? Wish I played in a anonymous account game once. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 3] Auteur : Voss Date : January 13th, 2020 08:25 AM Title : Re: Which setup do you like the best? Multi faction setups like Game of Thrones and Once Piece -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 4] Auteur : Stealthbomber16 Date : January 13th, 2020 08:34 AM Title : Re: Which setup do you like the best? FM Fallen Kingdom -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 5] Auteur : Marshmallow Marshall Date : January 13th, 2020 09:54 PM Title : Re: Which setup do you like the best? Wish I played in a anonymous account game once. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Right. Masquerade Madness was such a legendary game. Sadly, the SK was slightly less legendary, because he happened to be a noob me lol. Werewolf Ball was also amazing. As for the others, I'll dig in the Archive and the Workshop, because I never played any of them. Multi-faction sounds nice, though. Is it like your Narrator setup, with House Martell being a killing neutral? -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 6] Auteur : Voss Date : January 14th, 2020 09:48 PM Title : Re: Which setup do you like the best? Right. Masquerade Madness was such a legendary game. Sadly, the SK was slightly less legendary, because he happened to be a noob me lol. Werewolf Ball was also amazing. As for the others, I'll dig in the Archive and the Workshop, because I never played any of them. Multi-faction sounds nice, though. Is it like your Narrator setup, with House Martell being a killing neutral? It's exactly like the narrator setup. The narrator stole it from here =D -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 7] Auteur : DJarJar Date : January 14th, 2020 10:25 PM Title : Re: Which setup do you like the best? Right. Masquerade Madness was such a legendary game. Sadly, the SK was slightly less legendary, because he happened to be a noob me lol. Werewolf Ball was also amazing. As for the others, I'll dig in the Archive and the Workshop, because I never played any of them. Multi-faction sounds nice, though. Is it like your Narrator setup, with House Martell being a killing neutral? were you not in the presidents one? that was also really fun, until the last day where everyone was waiting for Efe to stop afking lol -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 8] Auteur : Marshmallow Marshall Date : January 15th, 2020 01:05 AM Title : Re: Which setup do you like the best? It's exactly like the narrator setup. The narrator stole it from here =D Ah. That setup definetly looked fun. It's big, though. :( were you not in the presidents one? that was also really fun, until the last day where everyone was waiting for Efe to stop afking lol DO NOT ADDRESS THE NEUTRAL, DOING SO IS GROUNDS FOR INSTANT LYNCH Yes, that was amazing. With Mr. Roosevelt just causing as much chaos as he could. I think I died at some point, though, because I don't remember the last day thing. Nor do I even remember which president Efe was. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 9] Auteur : Date : January 15th, 2020 07:20 AM Title : Re: Which setup do you like the best? Ah. That setup definetly looked fun. It's big, though. :( DO NOT ADDRESS THE NEUTRAL, DOING SO IS GROUNDS FOR INSTANT LYNCH Yes, that was amazing. With Mr. Roosevelt just causing as much chaos as he could. I think I died at some point, though, because I don't remember the last day thing. Nor do I even remember which president Efe was. You didn’t die we lynched Reagan -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 10] Auteur : OzyWho Date : January 15th, 2020 10:07 AM Title : Re: Which setup do you like the best? I'm not a fan of multi faction. Everybody is scumhunting and with much less TMI to slip. I think you need a lot of mechanics then in order to solve the game? At that point it's more like the Arcade than FM. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Though I can see how it's more fun for scum because they can play Townies. This confirms Voss to be Scum btw. Voss -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 11] Auteur : OzyWho Date : January 15th, 2020 10:48 AM Title : Re: Which setup do you like the best? Another setup that I think would be fun to try out once is MS Paint Mafia. Players are allowed no more than 15 words per post and 10 posts that use words, but images and videos are allowed freely, however images have a word limit of 25 words. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 12] Auteur : Marshmallow Marshall Date : January 15th, 2020 11:20 AM Title : Re: Which setup do you like the best? I'm not a fan of multi faction. Everybody is scumhunting and with much less TMI to slip. I think you need a lot of mechanics then in order to solve the game? At that point it's more like the Arcade than FM. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Though I can see how it's more fun for scum because they can play Townies. This confirms Voss to be Scum btw. Voss Less TMI slips, more interaction tells. It's a different game. I prefer the usual Town vs Scum games as a standard, but think it would be fun to play some of these multi-faction games eventually. CHOO CHOO Voss Another setup that I think would be fun to try out once is MS Paint Mafia. Light would play that, I believe... :laugh: -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 13] Auteur : Marshmallow Marshall Date : January 15th, 2020 11:22 AM Title : Re: Which setup do you like the best? You didn’t die we lynched Reagan I need to re-read that game, and potentially have a stroke because of it. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 14] Auteur : Frinckles Date : January 15th, 2020 11:38 AM Title : Re: Which setup do you like the best? Obviously I'm biased, but the Caroler role from silent night seemed to be a hit. It would have been nice to actually see somebody get a carol. FrankerZ -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 15] Auteur : Light_Yagami Date : January 15th, 2020 01:04 PM Title : Re: Which setup do you like the best? I Liked The High Noon Saloon And That One Cryptonic Made Cant Remember The Name Of It Off The Bat.. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 16] Auteur : Marshmallow Marshall Date : January 15th, 2020 01:50 PM Title : Re: Which setup do you like the best? Obviously I'm biased, but the Caroler role from silent night seemed to be a hit. It would have been nice to actually see somebody get a carol. FrankerZ Indeed, I loved your setup. I would have loved it even more if there had been a carol, too. :D -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 17] Auteur : yzb25 Date : January 15th, 2020 06:38 PM Title : Re: Which setup do you like the best? Does S-FM 204 insanity count as one of the crazy ones? :3 -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 18] Auteur : Kenny Date : January 15th, 2020 06:59 PM Title : Re: Which setup do you like the best? Illuminati, turnabout mafia and converging realities are pretty good setups -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 19] Auteur : Marshmallow Marshall Date : January 15th, 2020 07:11 PM Title : Re: Which setup do you like the best? Does S-FM 204 insanity count as one of the crazy ones? :3 This one? (http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php/32596-S-FM-Insanity-(13P)) It does look fun. CULT THOUGH Illuminati, turnabout mafia and converging realities are pretty good setups Indeed, they were really fun. I wonder if we could do more Small Town games, with all roles revealed (but not alignments of course). -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 20] Auteur : Stealthbomber16 Date : January 17th, 2020 10:34 AM Title : Re: Which setup do you like the best? Another setup that I think would be fun to try out once is MS Paint Mafia. I would play this if it were hosted but I refuse to host it because I WANT TO PLAY THIS -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 21] Auteur : Stealthbomber16 Date : January 17th, 2020 10:38 AM Title : Re: Which setup do you like the best? As for my favorite S-FM, La Cosa Nostra was my favorite one in recent memory even though it was a bit anticlimactic. At least I think that’s the one I was SK in and we had the 4 way bird tie -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 22] Auteur : Marshmallow Marshall Date : January 17th, 2020 02:47 PM Title : Re: Which setup do you like the best? I would play this if it were hosted but I refuse to host it because I WANT TO PLAY THIS Lol you can sumbit it to the Workshop if you want so that other people can host it eventually As for my favorite S-FM, La Cosa Nostra was my favorite one in recent memory even though it was a bit anticlimactic. At least I think that’s the one I was SK in and we had the 4 way bird tie That tie was crazy lol. I'm glad the setup was enjoyed. Speaking of classic setups, which classic setup do people really like around here? Vanilla-nightless-zerokills, or vigilante-citizen-mafiakills, etc.? -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 23] Auteur : OzyWho Date : January 22nd, 2020 08:15 PM Title : Re: Which setup do you like the best? Another setup that I think would be fun to try out once is MS Paint Mafia. Players are allowed no more than 15 words per post and 10 posts that use words, but images and videos are allowed freely, however images have a word limit of 25 words. I would play this if it were hosted but I refuse to host it because I WANT TO PLAY THIS Lol you can sumbit it to the Workshop if you want so that other people can host it eventually If anyone ever wants to create a MSP Mafia setup. I would like to throw an idea out there. To combine MSP with this: Sharing is Caring (https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Sharing_is_Caring) It forces players to get even more creative than a standard MS Paint Mafia already does. Though it might be too much? -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 24] Auteur : Marshmallow Marshall Date : January 22nd, 2020 10:13 PM Title : Re: Which setup do you like the best? If anyone ever wants to create a MSP Mafia setup. I would like to throw an idea out there. To combine MSP with this: Sharing is Caring (https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Sharing_is_Caring) It forces players to get even more creative than a standard MS Paint Mafia already does. Though it might be too much? I think it would make the game action-focused instead of image-focused, which would be sad. Sharing is Caring is a nice setup idea, though. I'd play it, but not with the paint game. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 25] Auteur : naz Date : January 28th, 2020 10:15 AM Title : Re: Which setup do you like the best? setups without cult can we get a SOTD party sometime?? -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 26] Auteur : naz Date : January 28th, 2020 10:16 AM Title : Re: Which setup do you like the best? I would play this if it were hosted but I refuse to host it because I WANT TO PLAY THIS Link?? I could host mebbe -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 27] Auteur : Marshmallow Marshall Date : January 28th, 2020 11:48 AM Title : Re: Which setup do you like the best? Link?? I could host mebbe Maybe that game? (https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=64918) I'm not sure it's what ozy meant, though. OzyWho -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 28] Auteur : Frinckles Date : January 28th, 2020 12:02 PM Title : Re: Which setup do you like the best? Somebody should rehost Silent Night ohnKazpa -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 29] Auteur : Voss Date : January 28th, 2020 12:11 PM Title : Re: Which setup do you like the best? Somebody should rehost Silent Night ohnKazpa I'll run it if someone posts signups -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 30] Auteur : Frinckles Date : January 28th, 2020 12:17 PM Title : Re: Which setup do you like the best? I'll run it if someone posts signups That'd be awesome. I'm probably gonna tweak angel slightly, it wasn't very strong (and too clunky) I think. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 31] Auteur : Marshmallow Marshall Date : January 28th, 2020 12:34 PM Title : Re: Which setup do you like the best? That'd be awesome. I'm probably gonna tweak angel slightly, it wasn't very strong (and too clunky) I think. There might be something about this that will interest you... SoonTM -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 32] Auteur : OzyWho Date : January 28th, 2020 03:00 PM Title : Re: Which setup do you like the best? Maybe that game? (https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=64918) I'm not sure it's what ozy meant, though. OzyWho It's a post restriction/requirement rule. It can be put in almost any setup, just put it in the sign up + game thread and have a wild MM approve it. On MU, there have been 2 MSP games thus far: https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/threads/22204-Ms-Paint-Mafia https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/threads/24822-MS-Paint-Mafia-2 I copy pasted the rules from the latest, 2nd one. As you can see, all 3 MSP games that have been posted - each is a different setup. Also, as you yourself said earlier - it might be best to host it on a simple setup. I think it would make the game action-focused instead of image-focused, which would be sad. I think our own Simple FM (http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php/42462-S-FM-Simple-Forum-Mafia-(9P)) and Super Basic (http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php/40669-S-FM-Super-Basic-(7P)) are a great fit. Putting these post restrictions and all-vanilla setups like Mountainous, White Flag and Black Flag doesn't feel right. Cop 9'er (https://www.mafiauniverse.com/wiki/Cop_Setups) and Vigilante 10'er (https://www.mafiauniverse.com/wiki/Vigilante_10%27er) (this (http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php/45862-S-FM-Batman-(14P))could be used for Vigilante 10'er or 14'er, this (http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php/43845-Back-to-basics-fm)for Cop setups) are between those in complexity, but I feel like they're not goofy enough but still worth considering. Me personally, there is a high chance I will take a long break from FM after SB16's game finishes, as I only signed up for a specific purpose. But I might join a game that's played on anonymous accounts. I have never played such so I want to try out. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 33] Auteur : Marshmallow Marshall Date : January 29th, 2020 12:09 AM Title : Re: Which setup do you like the best? You're right. If there is interest, someone could try to make it fit on a setup we already have. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-