* * * SC2 Mafia Thread * * * -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- Thread : Do Admins actually play arcade? https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48855 -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 1] Auteur : Veliaire Date : June 7th, 2021 07:19 PM Title : Do Admins actually play arcade? I was warned for racism because my name was "money grubbing jew" and I said "kike". Others are being banned for racism too. So I ask the question, do admin actually play Arcade? I don't mean every once in a while.. but do they actually play? It takes FOREVER to get a game started. This arcade game is pretty much dead and relies heavily on regulars to get games going... and so you think its a good idea to thin the already barebones community because people say words you don't like? Doesn't seem too smart. Maybe admins should actually play the game sometimes and see how hard it is to get a game started, then maybe you would think twice before banning people for saying naughty words. MrMostache knows, I see him in lobbies often, waiting patiently with the rest of us, sometimes up to 30 minutes... but the rest of the admins in here, I'm not too sure about. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 2] Auteur : Renegade Date : June 7th, 2021 07:23 PM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? Cry moar. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 3] Auteur : DJarJar Date : June 7th, 2021 07:29 PM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? as far as i can tell, the mod is currently the most active it has been in a couple years using scelight i see that i have played 50 games with you. Hi! -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 4] Auteur : Veliaire Date : June 7th, 2021 07:33 PM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? So knowing how hard it is to get a game started most days, why are you banning people for speech? I don't get that. Why have a mute function if you are just going to ban people for saying stuff you don't like? -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 5] Auteur : Helz Date : June 7th, 2021 07:35 PM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? I think its a valid question. Although 'Do they play' may not be the actual question but rather what should be moderated. Cost/Benifit Having racist humor drives away new players and longevity of the game while eliminating regulars for the same actions hurts games. Is the goal of moderation to ensure game quantity or quality? What level of morality is acceptable for a trade off? How much of the player base is totally cool with racism? I dont think these questions were really asked but they would be good topics of discussion for the community if they really want this issue addressed so moderation could follow the community's desire. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 6] Auteur : Renegade Date : June 7th, 2021 07:40 PM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? So knowing how hard it is to get a game started most days, why are you banning people for speech? I don't get that. Why have a mute function if you are just going to ban people for saying stuff you don't like? Letting griefers and game ruiners stick around just cuz you need players doesn't make for a good game. Jeebus. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 7] Auteur : DJarJar Date : June 7th, 2021 07:44 PM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? So knowing how hard it is to get a game started most days, why are you banning people for speech? I don't get that. Why have a mute function if you are just going to ban people for saying stuff you don't like? You don’t appear to have been banned. A main goal of moderation is rehabilitation, not removing people Willy nilly. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 8] Auteur : Helz Date : June 7th, 2021 07:46 PM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? So knowing how hard it is to get a game started most days, why are you banning people for speech? I don't get that. Why have a mute function if you are just going to ban people for saying stuff you don't like? For my personal opinion its a social game. Speech is just about all there is. I think its less about banning people for saying things you do not agree with and more about creating an inclusive environment community. There are many controversial views in this world and there are places where its appropriate to discuss them. Maybe you should chill on your anti-Semitism or political nonsense in a video game and instead embrace enjoying the game with other people. If you are not playing to bond with other people and enjoy a mutually pleasurable experience you may have picked the wrong game. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 9] Auteur : Veliaire Date : June 7th, 2021 07:56 PM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? You don’t appear to have been banned. A main goal of moderation is rehabilitation, not removing people Willy nilly. No, I'm not banned. I logged in today to find out I was warned for racism. So I got on to forums to see what it was all about, and after I submitted my appeal I decided to see all the recent bannings and noticed a couple of people were banned for racism. So I thought I'd give my view about what I think of censorship. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 10] Auteur : Veliaire Date : June 7th, 2021 08:01 PM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? For my personal opinion its a social game. Speech is just about all there is. I think its less about banning people for saying things you do not agree with and more about creating an inclusive environment community. There are many controversial views in this world and there are places where its appropriate to discuss them. Maybe you should chill on your anti-Semitism or political nonsense in a video game and instead embrace enjoying the game with other people. If you are not playing to bond with other people and enjoy a mutually pleasurable experience you may have picked the wrong game. You're right, speech is all we have. Telling people what they can't say is not being inclusive, its forcing your own world view on them. If someone doesn't like what I say, that's there is a -mute feature. And how I enjoy my games is my own business. I don't play this to "bond" with anyone. I have real friends for that. I play this game to deceive people and win, which is the entire point of the game. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 11] Auteur : Helz Date : June 7th, 2021 08:09 PM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? You're right, speech is all we have. Telling people what they can't say is not being inclusive, its forcing your own world view on them. If someone doesn't like what I say, that's there is a -mute feature. And how I enjoy my games is my own business. I don't play this to "bond" with anyone. I have real friends for that. I play this game to deceive people and win, which is the entire point of the game. Just curious Do you think there is no problem in expressing profanity? How about Racism? How about Sexism? How about Pedophilia? How about genocide? How about Rape? How about sharing how to kill people? How about saying things to instigate panic to hurt large groups of people? How about assonating a president? How about building bombs? How about how to wage biological warfare? How about creating nuclear weapons? Where should the line of free speech be drawn? Or should I be free as an explosive expert from the Marines to share my knowledge in bomb building to kill people I don't like with impunity? How about someone with the knowledge of how to build a nuke or wage biological warfare? The line has to be drawn somewhere imo and yes I am taking this to an extreme but its because the question you are asking is one of a spectrum while you are phrasing it as 'If' And where should that line be drawn in a video game where people simply come together to have an enjoyable social experience. Sure we all want to win but there is a reason pretty much every large multiplayer platform bans acts like real life threats. There are moral and ethical lines that can be violated and you getting a warning here is an example of that. At the same time I have made some effort to ask the questions behind what you claim to want to the community, as well as some very pertinent ones to challenge your personal belief structure. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 12] Auteur : Veliaire Date : June 7th, 2021 08:20 PM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? Just curious Do you think there is no problem in expressing profanity? How about Racism? How about Sexism? How about Pedophilia? How about genocide? How about Rape? How about sharing how to kill people? How about saying things to instigate panic to hurt large groups of people? How about assonating a president? How about building bombs? How about how to wage biological warfare? How about creating nuclear weapons? Where should the line of free speech be drawn? Free speech should be drawn at the law. Profanity, Racism, Sexism, is not illegal. Pedophilia, Genocide, and Rape are illegal. I don't look to internet chat spaces or video games to teach me what I should or shouldn't say. If you want a sterilized gaming experience that is disconnected from real life, then maybe don't play with other people? Or at the very least, don't play a multi player game that relies on communication. Or do, and simply mute the person who is saying naughty words you don't like. It's that simple! -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 13] Auteur : Helz Date : June 7th, 2021 08:24 PM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? Free speech should be drawn at the law. Profanity, Racism, Sexism, is not illegal. Pedophilia, Genocide, and Rape are illegal. I don't look to internet chat spaces or video games to teach me what I should or shouldn't say. If you want a sterilized gaming experience that is disconnected from real life, then maybe don't play with other people? Or at the very least, don't play a multi player game that relies on communication. Or do, and simply mute the person who is saying naughty words you don't like. It's that simple! Actually Speech about Profanity, Racism, Sexism, Pedophilia, Genocide, and Rape are not illegal. And if we are going to establish legality for the guide line for whats ok in social interactions it would be totally fine for me to say.. befriend you then bang your wife. Or maybe gain your trust financially then get you to give you all your money. These are the founding ethics a good community should be built on in your opinion? -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 14] Auteur : Veliaire Date : June 7th, 2021 08:34 PM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? Actually Speech about Profanity, Racism, Sexism, Pedophilia, Genocide, and Rape are not illegal. And if we are going to establish legality for the guide line for whats ok in social interactions it would be totally fine for me to say.. befriend you then bang your wife. Or maybe gain your trust financially then get you to give you all your money. These are the founding ethics a good community should be built on in your opinion? What kind of social interactions are acceptable varies between social circles. One should always choose one's friends wisely. We shouldn't be looking for big tech and its moderators to tell us what is ethical and how we should be behaving. I am reminded of all those YouTube/Twitter accounts that were banned for spreading misinformation about Covid, only to find out months later that they were right. Free Speech is the most important thing we have. It supersedes what you think is ethical or moral, or socially acceptable. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 15] Auteur : Helz Date : June 7th, 2021 08:41 PM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? What kind of social interactions are acceptable varies between social circles. One should always choose one's friends wisely. We shouldn't be looking for big tech and its moderators to tell us what is ethical and how we should be behaving. I am reminded of all those YouTube/Twitter accounts that were banned for spreading misinformation about Covid, only to find out months later that they were right. Free Speech is the most important thing we have. It supersedes what you think is ethical or moral, or socially acceptable. I agree with everything you said here. But you still have not declared your moral line. It sounds like you are agreeing with me that morality, community management and legality are not things on equal terms and that subjective morality should determine the limitations on free speech that a community sets on itself. So unless I have not read you correctly where are yours? Where do you feel its appropriate for us to draw the line on contentious subjects to protect free speech while also protecting the community? -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 16] Auteur : Renegade Date : June 7th, 2021 08:50 PM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? Freeze peach only applies to the government lulz. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 17] Auteur : DJarJar Date : June 7th, 2021 08:54 PM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? Free speech should be drawn at the law. Profanity, Racism, Sexism, is not illegal. Pedophilia, Genocide, and Rape are illegal. I don't look to internet chat spaces or video games to teach me what I should or shouldn't say. If you want a sterilized gaming experience that is disconnected from real life, then maybe don't play with other people? Or at the very least, don't play a multi player game that relies on communication. Or do, and simply mute the person who is saying naughty words you don't like. It's that simple! The mute function really only applies to dead chat. You can’t exactly play this game with people muted when you’re both alive. It’s a dumb thing to anchor your argument on. Secondly, would blizzard mute and or ban your account for your ‘free speech’? Since we know the answer is yes, half your argument is obviously moot and the assumption is you think sc2mafia should ignore that because it’s in desperate need of players. But 1) since these punishments started, activity in the mod has notably increased 2) again the goal of moderation is rehabilitation. Hence a WL. 90% of people are going to get the message and just adjust their behavior. Of those who refuse, then the punishment is naturally going to escalate but even then there would still be temporary ban lists before anything is permanent. Even people who keep offending to the point of a permaban are usually given an appeal if they seem to genuinely want to cooperate. So I don’t really buy the argument of this reducing the playerbase or making it harder to fill games. Is it really that hard to ask not to spam about “money-grubbing jews” which is clearly not a political statement but a racist one? Edit: and when you choose the name before roles are even decided, I don’t think it can be claimed that it’s just for vet bait either… -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 18] Auteur : Veliaire Date : June 7th, 2021 08:59 PM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? But you still have not declared your moral line. It sounds like you are agreeing with me that morality, community management and legality are not things on equal terms and that subjective morality should determine the limitations on free speech that a community sets on itself. So unless I have not read you correctly where are yours? Where do you feel its appropriate for us to draw the line on contentious subjects to protect free speech while also protecting the community? Let me put it this way, I think anti-cyberbullying laws are unconstitutional. People should be allowed to say whatever they want online, no matter how offensive. It is up to us, as individuals, to filter out what we don't want to hear. This game has a -mute feature that I use myself when someone is spamming... but I never use for stuff like racism because who cares? Seriously. They are just words. My parents told me not to let words hurt me when I was a toddler. More people should take that approach these days instead of reporting everything someone says that hurts their feelings. Also that last line about protecting the community I disagree with. I think censorship hurts the community, not protects it. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 19] Auteur : Renegade Date : June 7th, 2021 09:01 PM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? Let me put it this way, I think anti-cyberbullying laws are unconstitutional. People should be allowed to say whatever they want online, no matter how offensive. It is up to us, as individuals, to filter out what we don't want to hear. This game has a -mute feature that I use myself when someone is spamming... but I never use for stuff like racism because who cares? Seriously. They are just words. My parents told me not to let words hurt me when I was a toddler. More people should take that approach these days instead of reporting everything someone says that hurts their feelings. Also that last line about protecting the community I disagree with. I think censorship hurts the community, not protects it. That is what the sc2maf community is doing lmfaooooo -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 20] Auteur : Veliaire Date : June 7th, 2021 09:13 PM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? Secondly, would blizzard mute and or ban your account for your ‘free speech’? Since we know the answer is yes, half your argument is obviously moot and the assumption is you think sc2mafia should ignore that because it’s in desperate need of players. Funny. I recall not too long ago, someone complaining about Cute's racism and I believe it was you who said that it wasn't the mod's job to censor and that it was Blizzard's job.. and now you're saying the exact opposite. What changed? 1) since these punishments started, activity in the mod has notably increased I play this game all the time and I don't see that... which is why I asked if any of you admins play arcade. It takes forever for games to get started, even on weekends. 2) again the goal of moderation is rehabilitation. Hence a WL. 90% of people are going to get the message and just adjust their behavior. Of those who refuse, then the punishment is naturally going to escalate but even then there would still be temporary ban lists before anything is permanent. Even people who keep offending to the point of a permaban are usually given an appeal if they seem to genuinely want to cooperate. So I don’t really buy the argument of this reducing the playerbase or making it harder to fill games. Is it really that hard to ask not to spam about “money-grubbing jews” which is clearly not a political statement but a racist one? You wouldn't because you hardly play. We've played 50 games together, but I've been playing this for years and have thousands of games played. I am telling you that games take forever to get started. I often have to wait 15, 20 minutes. Take the feedback or ignore it and call me a liar. Edit: and when you choose the name before roles are even decided, I don’t think it can be claimed that it’s just for vet bait either… I prefer Veteran. Its one of the 4 roles I prefer regularly... along with Jester and Executioner --- both roles that might require me to get lynched. Having a name like Money Grubbing Jew helps with that. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 21] Auteur : DJarJar Date : June 7th, 2021 09:18 PM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? Cute was banned nearly a whole year ago, and I’ve played thousands of games too. Do you have a point of some kind? -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 22] Auteur : Helz Date : June 7th, 2021 09:23 PM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? Let me put it this way, I think anti-cyberbullying laws are unconstitutional. People should be allowed to say whatever they want online, no matter how offensive. It is up to us, as individuals, to filter out what we don't want to hear. This game has a -mute feature that I use myself when someone is spamming... but I never use for stuff like racism because who cares? Seriously. They are just words. My parents told me not to let words hurt me when I was a toddler. More people should take that approach these days instead of reporting everything someone says that hurts their feelings. Also that last line about protecting the community I disagree with. I think censorship hurts the community, not protects it. While I do agree with you that a heavy amount of the 'kid gloves' mentality in our society is bad social structures depend on establishing norms and there is little more in this life that matters more than words simply because they convey ideas, beliefs, and loyalty's. You can say 'sticks and stones' but if your mother and father said they hated you and you only live because your abortion failed as a child it probably would have hurt you. I bet if I spoke words of desire to rape, torture, and murder your family while I lived next door you would probably take issue and demand some level of protection because those words were threatening to you and the lives of those you cared about. If you accept such spoken words would be threatening to you how can you dissociate such direct threats and the reaction they generate (followed by the protection they are given by a community) from the indirect implications that are given with racism to individuals who's families have experienced literal genocide? Sure, The threat provided would be more substantial but the personal experience that it would be executed would be much less justified. Would you feel protected by being able to 'mute' someone you felt threatened you and your loved ones? Would you be ok with someone say.. Reveling your personal address right now as you speak and declaring a racist lived at that location to a large group of people? Those are just words after all. Also, we are talking about your personal beliefs here. If you hear the greater community takes issue with such behavior would you be willing to change your behavior to conform to social norms instead of blaming the enforcing power structure of a community? -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 23] Auteur : Veliaire Date : June 7th, 2021 09:30 PM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? Cute was banned nearly a whole year ago, and I’ve played thousands of games too. Do you have a point of some kind? And the fact that he was banned nearly a year ago is supposed to mean something? Or is supposed to have any relevance to what I said? If you need it broken down for you to understand better, my point is that you flip flopped on the issue. Also, if you played often you'd know how long the wait times are to get a game started. If you use the same name in game as you do on here, I haven't seen you in an arcade game in a long time. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 24] Auteur : Veliaire Date : June 7th, 2021 09:40 PM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? While I do agree with you that a heavy amount of the 'kid gloves' mentality in our society is bad social structures depend on establishing norms and there is little more in this life that matters more than words simply because they convey ideas, beliefs, and loyalty's. You can say 'sticks and stones' but if your mother and father said they hated you and you only live because your abortion failed as a child it probably would have hurt you. If you let complete stranger's words on the internet have as much power over you as your mother's then you've got bigger problems than can be addressed by censorship. I bet if I spoke words of desire to rape, torture, and murder your family while I lived next door you would probably take issue and demand some level of protection because those words were threatening to you and the lives of those you cared about. If you accept such spoken words would be threatening to you how can you dissociate such direct threats and the reaction they generate (followed by the protection they are given by a community) from the indirect implications that are given with racism to individuals who's families have experienced literal genocide? Sure, The threat provided would be more substantial but the personal experience that it would be executed would be much less justified. Are you really comparing the words of an anonymous person online who has no idea who you are and where you live with someone who lives right next door to you? Not all things are equal. A complete stranger talking crap online is not the same as your next door neighbor threatening to kill your family. No rational person would think they are either. Would you feel protected by being able to 'mute' someone you felt threatened you and your loved ones? Would you be ok with someone say.. Reveling your personal address right now as you speak and declaring a racist lived at that location to a large group of people? Those are just words after all. What you've described is doxing, which is a crime and not protected speech... and I don't need to be "protected" from speech. If someone feels the need to tell me they want to kill me and my family, I have to admit I laugh. Empty threats from someone who I've triggered make me laugh.. but yes, I have muted people before for spamming me. That's just annoying. Also, we are talking about your personal beliefs here. If you hear the greater community takes issue with such behavior would you be willing to change your behavior to conform to social norms instead of blaming the enforcing power structure of a community? I'm gonna say what I want when I want. The only reason I play this game instead of Town of Salem is because it isn't policed by Nazis.. or at least it wasn't, before. If it gets to the point where I am getting banned for my speech then I might as well play a game that doesn't take 20 minutes to get started. Hell, I've already paid for Town of Salem so I might as well play it. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 25] Auteur : Helz Date : June 7th, 2021 09:52 PM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? If you let complete stranger's words on the internet have as much power over you as your mother's then you've got bigger problems than can be addressed by censorship. I do agree, But this is totally erroneous to your point and my counter that words do not matter or that they only hurt people if they choose to allow them to do so. Words very much can and do hurt and while I absolutely agree with you on your previous point of (insinuated) thick skin being a good thing I also feel like your point I was responding to here that words can't hurt is either contrived or dumb. This is underscored by your own point in the next statement: Are you really comparing the words of an anonymous person online who has no idea who you are and where you live with someone who lives right next door to you? Not all things are equal. A complete stranger talking crap online is not the same as your next door neighbor threatening to kill your family. No rational person would think they are either. So as I was pushing earlier lines must be established and those lines must be interpreted by the feelings of the receiver. And trust me, I am one hell of an advocate for how people present themselves as victims to weaponize social structures against people they have problems with. I take a lot of shit for that. But I do feel my logic is sound and your words reflect agreement with my position in spite of the obvious exploit I am confident we both also share in our thoughts. What you've described is doxing, which is a crime and not protected speech... and I don't need to be "protected" from speech. If someone feels the need to tell me they want to kill me and my family, I have to admit I laugh. Empty threats from someone who I've triggered make me laugh.. but yes, I have muted people before for spamming me. That's just annoying. Fair point. I legit muted some people who gave me death threats in the past but I honestly just did not think you had the balls to be the same. I'm gonna say what I want when I want. The only reason I play this game instead of Town of Salem is because it isn't policed by Nazis.. or at least it wasn't, before. If it gets to the point where I am getting banned for my speech then I might as well play a game that doesn't take 20 minutes to get started. Hell, I've already paid for it so I might as well play it. All I can say here is you do you. I personally do not believe any social function of scale can exist without some level of moderation. If you want to simultaneously crack Jew jokes and call the people fighting against them Nazis its a bit.... (You finish this statement and understand what I am thinking behind my keyboard) -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 26] Auteur : Oberon Date : June 7th, 2021 10:23 PM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? Nazi is a bit meh. I would have other things to say though, other than Nazi... -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 27] Auteur : Oberon Date : June 7th, 2021 10:25 PM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? *disappears* -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 28] Auteur : Veliaire Date : June 7th, 2021 10:27 PM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? All I can say here is you do you. I personally do not believe any social function of scale can exist without some level of moderation. If you want to simultaneously crack Jew jokes and call the people fighting against them Nazis its a bit.... (You finish this statement and understand what I am thinking behind my keyboard) Half of it is cracking jokes, but it comes from recent world events. I happen to believe that Israelis are modern day Nazis for what they are doing in Gaza and the West Bank and I wont be bullied by the PC police into staying silent. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 29] Auteur : Helz Date : June 7th, 2021 11:26 PM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? Half of it is cracking jokes, but it comes from recent world events. I happen to believe that Israelis are modern day Nazis for what they are doing in Gaza and the West Bank and I wont be bullied by the PC police into staying silent. I kinda feel like you are just saying this to close out a bunch of conversations you started but do not want to continue but its ok. I hope you reflect on some of the the ways I have challenged your belief systems and do not just invalidate them. I do feel that continuing the thought processes associated with a number of the positions you expressed could draw out some growth as a person even if it is not in a direction we both agree with. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 30] Auteur : Oberon Date : June 8th, 2021 01:34 AM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? Half of it is cracking jokes, but it comes from recent world events. I happen to believe that Israelis are modern day Nazis for what they are doing in Gaza and the West Bank and I wont be bullied by the PC police into staying silent. If you honestly believe that shit then you're just a dumbass. No offense. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 31] Auteur : Oberon Date : June 8th, 2021 01:37 AM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? Oh I agree with what he said here, (on admins and the arcade). -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 32] Auteur : theoneceko Date : June 8th, 2021 04:17 AM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? So knowing how hard it is to get a game started most days, why are you banning people for speech? I don't get that. Why have a mute function if you are just going to ban people for saying stuff you don't like? iirc more ppl started playing, at least temporarily, when admins recently handed out those bans for racism. mafia got to top 10 for the first time in years. there are ppl who don't play bc of all the hate speech in the mod, whether it's actually meant or not. ozy and i are currently off the mod bc of it. also, someone just made a thread which said this game has a real problem with racism. i assume they stopped playing, bc ppl are still spamming a lot of dumb shit -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 33] Auteur : theoneceko Date : June 8th, 2021 04:29 AM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? You're right, speech is all we have. Telling people what they can't say is not being inclusive, its forcing your own world view on them. If someone doesn't like what I say, that's there is a -mute feature. And how I enjoy my games is my own business. I don't play this to "bond" with anyone. I have real friends for that. I play this game to deceive people and win, which is the entire point of the game. by spamming what you spam, you're forcing your own worldview, which is that saying "gas all jews" is acceptable, on other people. "force" is a strong word here. mods aren't forcing you what to believe by warning you. you're not forcing me to think anti-semitism is okay by spamming "gas all jews." for that reason, i think "influence" is a better word. i understand the appeal of social ignorance and that what u say in a video game has VERY VERY little impact, but it's just not cool to say things like that. mods don't warn you bc they've something personal against you. they just saw a lot of reports on racism (a group of people have spoken, even if you don't agree with them) and decided to simply file the reports. personally, i don't understand why ppl have to say the n-word or other things to troll. UWOWU HEWWO!!! is a much better alternative. i don't think every conservative is evil, but the current trend towards eliminating racism in this game and real world isn't bad. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 34] Auteur : theoneceko Date : June 8th, 2021 04:33 AM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? That is what the sc2maf community is doing lmfaooooo LOL -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 35] Auteur : MrMostache Date : June 8th, 2021 04:37 AM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? This made me realize something: While Parasite Zeta/Chaos have more toxic communities than Sc2 Mafia, I didn't notice any racism while playing their games. So I went to their discord to see if they punish for racism, and it turned out they actually did. Note that Parasite is slightly more active than Sc2 Mafia. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 36] Auteur : theoneceko Date : June 8th, 2021 04:48 AM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? This made me realize something: While Parasite Zeta/Chaos have more toxic communities than Sc2 Mafia, I didn't notice any racism while playing their games. So I went to their discord to see if they punish for racism, and it turned out they actually did. Note that Parasite is slightly more active than Sc2 Mafia. yes, u can be toxic without being raicst! -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 37] Auteur : Renegade Date : June 8th, 2021 06:47 AM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? yes, u can be toxic without being raicst! +1 -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 38] Auteur : Helz Date : June 8th, 2021 07:24 AM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? iirc more ppl started playing, at least temporarily, when admins recently handed out those bans for racism. mafia got to top 10 for the first time in years. there are ppl who don't play bc of all the hate speech in the mod, whether it's actually meant or not. ozy and i are currently off the mod bc of it. also, someone just made a thread which said this game has a real problem with racism. i assume they stopped playing, bc ppl are still spamming a lot of dumb shit Veliaire So far expressed opinions reflect that a change in your behavior would equate lower lobby wait times instead of a change in moderators behavior towards 'censorship.' I can also say I stepped away from playing the mod a year or two back simply because I stopped enjoying the 'culture' I was playing in. There was just too many people spamming offensive things for some sort of shock value. I am curious to see what the rest of the community has to say on the subject. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 39] Auteur : Voss Date : June 8th, 2021 07:52 AM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? I'd rather be an admin of dead game than an admin of a racist spewing game. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 40] Auteur : Apocist Date : June 8th, 2021 08:39 AM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? by allowing Profanity, Racism, Sexism, Pedophilia, Genocide, and Rape speech to run rampant, you're baring individuals that are affected by those publicly immoralalities from play or at least enjoying the game. it hurts -others-. but, not using that speech -does not hurt you- there really is no legit excuse to complain about other than a desire to abuse being denied (only admins and mods may abuse, sarc) -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 41] Auteur : Oberon Date : June 8th, 2021 08:44 AM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? You ppl and ur fake problems lol -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 42] Auteur : theoneceko Date : June 8th, 2021 09:11 AM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? You ppl and ur fake problems lol LOLE!!!! it's just cringe to let ppl spam the n-word every game. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 43] Auteur : Unknown1234 Date : June 8th, 2021 09:23 AM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? You ppl and ur fake problems lol You should try putting yourself in other peoples shoes sometimes. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 44] Auteur : OzyWho Date : June 8th, 2021 09:35 AM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? You should try putting yourself in other peoples shoes sometimes. I remember someone in a -Mafia- game once saying that that they're black and that they find some of the racist jokes funny. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 45] Auteur : Voss Date : June 8th, 2021 09:44 AM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? You should try putting yourself in other peoples shoes sometimes. He's referring to OP. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 46] Auteur : Unknown1234 Date : June 8th, 2021 09:45 AM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? I remember someone in a -Mafia- game once saying that that they're black and that they find some of the racist jokes funny. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I’ve seen more people complain about than people who find it entertaining. I don’t remember a mafia game I’ve enjoyed that had racism in it. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 47] Auteur : Unknown1234 Date : June 8th, 2021 09:45 AM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? He's referring to OP. Are you sure? -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 48] Auteur : Veliaire Date : June 8th, 2021 09:47 AM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? I kinda feel like you are just saying this to close out a bunch of conversations you started but do not want to continue but its ok. Did you want to argue all night about it? I mean, I have my position and you have yours and its clear neither of us intend to change. So what would be the point? -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 49] Auteur : Voss Date : June 8th, 2021 09:50 AM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? I remember someone in a -Mafia- game once saying that that they're black and that they find some of the racist jokes funny. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Yeah same. I'm female and I think some misogynistic jokes are hilarious sometimes. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 50] Auteur : OzyWho Date : June 8th, 2021 09:50 AM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? Veliaire I recently made a post showing how this change came to be, if you're interested: since when was racism considered a bannable offense?? there are racists all the time in this game. It wasn't until recently, and technically still kinda isn't but kinda is. There was a case recently that was so extreme, it was completely justified and largely supported: https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php/46998-Cute-1-S2-1-10478739?highlight=10478739 It's the gateway case. After that, the mods punish the use of bad language much more freely. Things change dude. Before that 'gateway case' the community consensus was that this sort of thing sucks but ain't nothing can be done because it's not against the rules technically. (it is now though, at least aamirus added some example of it in the list of bannable offenses) After that case, the community supports the mods taking action against it for the most part; there are exceptions people though. People's opinions before the 'gateway case': https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php/47487-General-Concerns-about-Names People's opinions after the 'gateway case': https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php/48715-Racist-names-(yes-this-again) That one thread was before the change and the other was after it - this one, yours, is still a continuation of process and people catching up. Btw, my post that I quoted - it's just paraphrasing what aamirus has said in that one thread: Excessive spam has always been reportable under griefing. The only real change recently is adding names like "I RAPE YOUR 6 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER" and "ALL NIGGERS MUST DIE" to name abuse. Weird question perhaps, but how did that change happen? https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php/46998-Cute-1-S2-1-10478739?highlight=10478739 -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 51] Auteur : Voss Date : June 8th, 2021 09:51 AM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? Are you sure? Yeah, Oberon's turned a new leaf and isn't being anti-admin cringy for the sake of it. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 52] Auteur : Veliaire Date : June 8th, 2021 09:54 AM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? by spamming what you spam, you're forcing your own worldview, which is that saying "gas all jews" is acceptable, on other people. "force" is a strong word here. mods aren't forcing you what to believe by warning you. you're not forcing me to think anti-semitism is okay by spamming "gas all jews." for that reason, i think "influence" is a better word. i understand the appeal of social ignorance and that what u say in a video game has VERY VERY little impact, but it's just not cool to say things like that. mods don't warn you bc they've something personal against you. they just saw a lot of reports on racism (a group of people have spoken, even if you don't agree with them) and decided to simply file the reports. personally, i don't understand why ppl have to say the n-word or other things to troll. UWOWU HEWWO!!! is a much better alternative. i don't think every conservative is evil, but the current trend towards eliminating racism in this game and real world isn't bad. I never spam, so get your facts straight before you just start spouting off nonsense. The only time I spam is when I am spamming my LW because town isn't listening... If you read the report you'd know, so why don't you visit that post and educate yourself. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 53] Auteur : Unknown1234 Date : June 8th, 2021 09:59 AM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? I never spam, so get your facts straight before you just start spouting off nonsense. The only time I spam is when I am spamming my LW because town isn't listening... If you read the report you'd know, so why don't you visit that post and educate yourself. Do you feel this is an essential part of playing mafia for you, to the point where you wouldn’t want to play without it? I would prefer the whole “I’m arguing this out of principle” part gets skipped. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 54] Auteur : Veliaire Date : June 8th, 2021 10:00 AM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? So let me ask you this. Are you going to start banning people for using the words "Faggot" and "Retard", which are also offensive? Or don't those groups deserve the protection of the PC police? -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 55] Auteur : Unknown1234 Date : June 8th, 2021 10:03 AM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? So let me ask you this. Are you going to start banning people for using the words "Faggot" and "Retard", which are also offensive? Or don't those groups deserve the protection of the PC police? Out of curiosity, what makes you think people aren’t being banned for this? -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 56] Auteur : OzyWho Date : June 8th, 2021 10:04 AM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? Did you want to argue all night about it? I mean, I have my position and you have yours and its clear neither of us intend to change. So what would be the point? Helz is dogmatic enough on the topic of racism that it has been mistaken for bigotry somewhere else. This is something he feels strongly about. On other news, that frustration, which is being let out, is projected here due to similarities and has more than likely nothing to do with you personally. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 57] Auteur : Auwt Date : June 8th, 2021 10:07 AM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? Sigh. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 58] Auteur : OzyWho Date : June 8th, 2021 10:08 AM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? Yeah, Oberon's turned a new leaf and isn't being anti-admin cringy for the sake of it. Voss, frankly, shut your mouth. You're one of the biggest griefers on the site, you griefed on Oberon for like forever because he attacked you in some game or whatever other reason. It was literally painful to watch you grief so openly, viciously and for so long. And now you're being hypocritical by projecting your own actions but in reverse? You're fucked up mate. Edit: him ignoring all your abuse and grief is him "not being anti mods for the sake of it" - ok, cool mate, whatever floats your narcissism. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 59] Auteur : Veliaire Date : June 8th, 2021 10:09 AM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? Do you feel this is an essential part of playing mafia for you, to the point where you wouldn’t want to play without it? I would prefer the whole “I’m arguing this out of principle” part gets skipped. I'm against censorship wherever it pops up and I voice my opinions on it, especially when it directly affects me.. and if I'm being honest, this game has lost a lot of its appeal when there are people policing every word that is being said. I have over 3000 games played and what keeps me coming back is the ability to choose my own strategy. That's no longer the case. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 60] Auteur : Voss Date : June 8th, 2021 10:10 AM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? So let me ask you this. Are you going to start banning people for using the words "Faggot" and "Retard", which are also offensive? Or don't those groups deserve the protection of the PC police? The classic slippery slope. We should ban people for using the word "stupid" and "dumb" too, right? Or maybe even when someone votes a staff member? YIKES. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 61] Auteur : Veliaire Date : June 8th, 2021 10:11 AM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? Out of curiosity, what makes you think people aren’t being banned for this? Because I checked a couple months worth of punished player reports and did not see it listed. The only people punished for speech have been me for naming myself "money-grubbing jew" and saying the K word once, and a few people who have spammed the N word. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 62] Auteur : Voss Date : June 8th, 2021 10:15 AM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? Voss, frankly, shut your mouth. You're one of the biggest griefers on the site, you griefed on Oberon for like forever because he attacked you in some game or whatever other reason. It was literally painful to watch you grief so openly, viciously and for so long. And now you're being hypocritical by projecting your own actions but in reverse? You're fucked up mate. Edit: him ignoring all your abuse and grief is him "not being anti mods for the sake of it" - ok, cool mate, whatever floats your narcissism. Feel free to hit me up in some dms. I'm not going to derail the thread over this topic. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 63] Auteur : Veliaire Date : June 8th, 2021 10:18 AM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? The classic slippery slope. We should ban people for using the word "stupid" and "dumb" too, right? Or maybe even when someone votes a staff member? YIKES. Exactly. Its like how FB and Twitter banned Trump. Next Twitter removed the President of Nigeria's post. Months back they were banning accounts as fake news for talking about the possibility of Corona being created in a lab, and now we are learning that just might be true. When you stifle free speech its always a slipper slope. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 64] Auteur : theoneceko Date : June 8th, 2021 10:25 AM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? I never spam, so get your facts straight before you just start spouting off nonsense. The only time I spam is when I am spamming my LW because town isn't listening... If you read the report you'd know, so why don't you visit that post and educate yourself. bro idc if u name urself "I GAS JEWS" or spam it. what you do is wrong. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 65] Auteur : theoneceko Date : June 8th, 2021 10:28 AM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? So let me ask you this. Are you going to start banning people for using the words "Faggot" and "Retard", which are also offensive? Or don't those groups deserve the protection of the PC police? isn't this just wrong?? UWU -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 66] Auteur : Voss Date : June 8th, 2021 10:28 AM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? Exactly. Its like how FB and Twitter banned Trump. Next Twitter removed the President of Nigeria's post. Months back they were banning accounts as fake news for talking about the possibility of Corona being created in a lab, and now we are learning that just might be true. When you stifle free speech its always a slipper slope. The arcade isn't a protected realm of free speech ;). This also isn't Twitter with millions of millions of users interacting with each other over a wide variety of cultural topics. We're MAYBE hundreds that interact over a small game. Nice try at false equivalency though. If you don't like being banned for voting staff members in a game, don't play. I trust and applaud the arcade staff's decisions to draw the line on what they choose to moderate. Their efforts keep the game playable for the silent majority of users that don't want this distasteful behavior. And as an added bonus, we get dipsticks to create these asinine "but mah free speech" threads for others to dunk upon. Maybe that should be one of the aspects we promote here on sc2mafia.com -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 67] Auteur : Stealthbomber16 Date : June 8th, 2021 10:29 AM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? Virgin Voss with facts and logic vs CHAD Veliaire unironically dropping the slippery slope fallacy. I can personally attest to not playing mafia because of the constant racism from the player base. Throughout my time in sc2 I’ve also found many players who have also stopped due to the racism, mostly from playing Cortex with them. When you eat at a restaurant and the food is bad, you don’t come back. You don’t talk to employees or the management about how the food sucked or whatever. You don’t try and fix the food. You just don’t come back. Have you considered for a moment that there may be a cause and effect link between the fact that lobbies take forever to fill up and the fact that there’s a very vocal minority in the community (and it is well established at this point that you are in a minority) that is actively spamming racist messages and dragging the quality of games down? Edit: Voss that last post was cringe maybe dont suggest that staff could ban people for voting them -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 68] Auteur : OzyWho Date : June 8th, 2021 10:30 AM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? Helz is dogmatic enough on the topic of racism that it has been mistaken for bigotry somewhere else. This is something he feels strongly about. On other news, that frustration, which is being let out, is projected here due to similarities and has more than likely nothing to do with you personally.Speaking of which, Helz, what happened to this?: Accept their existence and learn to adjust ourselves to our environment as opposed to expecting our environment to adjust to us. I agree its sad. But understand there is some pathetic person on the other end baiting for outrage because they desperately need attention. When they are so damaged as a person they have to resort to that kind of behavior to meet their basic needs you should offer them your pity because that makes them face themselves while its your anger, attention, and reaction that they crave. At the end of the day Activation has replaced Blizzard and they give no fucks about their community. There are things you can change in life and there are things you can only accept. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 69] Auteur : theoneceko Date : June 8th, 2021 10:32 AM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? The arcade isn't a protected realm of free speech ;). This also isn't Twitter with millions of millions of users interacting with each other over a wide variety of cultural topics. We're MAYBE hundreds that interact over a small game. Nice try at false equivalency though. If you don't like being banned for voting staff members in a game, don't play. I trust and applaud the arcade staff's decisions to draw the line on what they choose to moderate. Their efforts keep the game playable for the silent majority of users that don't want this distasteful behavior. And as an added bonus, we get dipsticks to create these asinine "but mah free speech" threads for others to dunk upon. Maybe that should be one of the aspects we promote here on sc2mafia.com i don't think veliaire is some mastermind psychopath. he just got offended at this new rule change. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 70] Auteur : theoneceko Date : June 8th, 2021 10:34 AM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? Virgin Voss with facts and logic vs CHAD Veliaire unironically dropping the slippery slope fallacy. I can personally attest to not playing mafia because of the constant racism from the player base. Throughout my time in sc2 I’ve also found many players who have also stopped due to the racism, mostly from playing Cortex with them. When you eat at a restaurant and the food is bad, you don’t come back. You don’t talk to employees or the management about how the food sucked or whatever. You don’t try and fix the food. You just don’t come back. Have you considered for a moment that there may be a cause and effect link between the fact that lobbies take forever to fill up and the fact that there’s a very vocal minority in the community (and it is well established at this point that you are in a minority) that is actively spamming racist messages and dragging the quality of games down? Edit: Voss that last post was cringe maybe dont suggest that staff could ban people for voting them yea that was pretty cringe -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 71] Auteur : theoneceko Date : June 8th, 2021 10:34 AM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? i hope u all realize i am on side veliaire now. i'm joking -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 72] Auteur : Voss Date : June 8th, 2021 10:35 AM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? Virgin Voss with facts and logic vs CHAD Veliaire unironically dropping the slippery slope fallacy. I can personally attest to not playing mafia because of the constant racism from the player base. Throughout my time in sc2 I’ve also found many players who have also stopped due to the racism, mostly from playing Cortex with them. When you eat at a restaurant and the food is bad, you don’t come back. You don’t talk to employees or the management about how the food sucked or whatever. You don’t try and fix the food. You just don’t come back. Have you considered for a moment that there may be a cause and effect link between the fact that lobbies take forever to fill up and the fact that there’s a very vocal minority in the community (and it is well established at this point that you are in a minority) that is actively spamming racist messages and dragging the quality of games down? Edit: Voss that last post was cringe maybe dont suggest that staff could ban people for voting them Sorry, I meant to invalidate Veliaire's slippery slope argument. Staff would never ban players for something like that. It would be a ridiculously successful attempt to kill the game quickly. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 73] Auteur : OzyWho Date : June 8th, 2021 10:35 AM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? When you eat at a restaurant and the food is bad, you don’t come back. You don’t talk to employees or the management about how the food sucked or whatever. You don’t try and fix the food. You just don’t come back. Have you considered for a moment that there may be a cause and effect link between the fact that lobbies take forever to fill up and the fact that there’s a very vocal minority in the community (and it is well established at this point that you are in a minority) that is actively spamming racist messages and dragging the quality of games down? +The fact that someone, Ceko I believe, showed that the exact opposite to be true. (more players playing the Mafia Arcade, relatively to other SC2 Arcades, since the policy change) -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 74] Auteur : theoneceko Date : June 8th, 2021 10:36 AM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? Sorry, I meant to invalidate Veliaire's slippery slope argument. Staff would never ban players for something like that. It would be a ridiculously successful attempt to kill the game quickly. yea i figured. joking about it doesn't mean mods will actually do that either -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 75] Auteur : theoneceko Date : June 8th, 2021 10:37 AM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? anyways, who r u all voting in this election: biden or trump? -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 76] Auteur : Veliaire Date : June 8th, 2021 10:38 AM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? bro idc if u name urself "I GAS JEWS" or spam it. what you do is wrong. I never named myself "I GAS JEWS". If you need to lie to prove your point, maybe you don't have much of a point to begin with? -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 77] Auteur : OzyWho Date : June 8th, 2021 10:39 AM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? I never named myself "I GAS JEWS". If you need to lie to prove your point, maybe you don't have much of a point to begin with? He never said you do it. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 78] Auteur : Stealthbomber16 Date : June 8th, 2021 10:40 AM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? Veliaire Not only is your argument about “where do we draw the line” completely irrelevant, it’s also well-documented as a poor argument. From wikipedia The fallacious sense of "slippery slope" is often used synonymously with continuum fallacy, in that it ignores the possibility of middle ground and assumes a discrete transition from category A to category B. In this sense it constitutes an informal fallacy. In a non-fallacious sense, including use as a legal principle, a middle-ground possibility is acknowledged, and reasoning is provided for the likelihood of the predicted outcome. Other idioms for the slippery slope argument are the thin end/edge of the wedge, the camel's nose in the tent, or If You Give a Mouse a Cookie. You are completely ignoring the actual realm of reality here, where the mod team just removes players that are egregiously racist… then stops. There’s zero room to draw parallels anywhere else. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 79] Auteur : Veliaire Date : June 8th, 2021 10:45 AM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? The arcade isn't a protected realm of free speech ;). This also isn't Twitter with millions of millions of users interacting with each other over a wide variety of cultural topics. We're MAYBE hundreds that interact over a small game. Nice try at false equivalency though. If you don't like being banned for voting staff members in a game, don't play. I trust and applaud the arcade staff's decisions to draw the line on what they choose to moderate. Their efforts keep the game playable for the silent majority of users that don't want this distasteful behavior. And as an added bonus, we get dipsticks to create these asinine "but mah free speech" threads for others to dunk upon. Maybe that should be one of the aspects we promote here on sc2mafia.com No private entity is a protected realm of free speech. You are missing the point entirely. The entirety of the internet is owned by private companies. There is no place you can go online that isn't owned by someone. However, the internet is how people communicate.. and when you have thousands of different people telling you what you are and are not allowed to say, that has a negative impact on society as a whole. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 80] Auteur : Stealthbomber16 Date : June 8th, 2021 10:48 AM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? No private entity is a protected realm of free speech. You are missing the point entirely. The entirety of the internet is owned by private companies. There is no place you can go online that isn't owned by someone. However, the internet is how people communicate.. and when you have thousands of different people telling you what you are and are not allowed to say, that has a negative impact on society as a whole. I’m pretty sure it’s almost universally accepted that you shouldn’t be a racist asshole. Both online and offline. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 81] Auteur : Veliaire Date : June 8th, 2021 10:51 AM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? I’m pretty sure it’s almost universally accepted that you shouldn’t be a racist asshole. Both online and offline. Did you learn that from CNN? -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 82] Auteur : Renegade Date : June 8th, 2021 10:53 AM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? For the record I stopped playing the mod due to the rampant racism. Gets tiring. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 83] Auteur : theoneceko Date : June 8th, 2021 10:54 AM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? I’m pretty sure it’s almost universally accepted that you shouldn’t be a racist asshole. Both online and offline. xDD -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 84] Auteur : Voss Date : June 8th, 2021 10:54 AM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? No private entity is a protected realm of free speech. You are missing the point entirely. The entirety of the internet is owned by private companies. There is no place you can go online that isn't owned by someone. However, the internet is how people communicate.. and when you have thousands of different people telling you what you are and are not allowed to say, that has a negative impact on society as a whole. It also has a negative impact to society to be forced to interact with racist dribble. So one could call the arcade staff here heroes. Assuming you think banning VIP for more "mundane" things is the next step in this spooky slippery slope, why don't you take this free speech crusade to the Twitter platform? They're obviously worse than us. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 85] Auteur : Unknown1234 Date : June 8th, 2021 10:54 AM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? When you’re trying to argue free speech should allow racism on sc2mafia -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 86] Auteur : theoneceko Date : June 8th, 2021 10:54 AM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? Did you learn that from CNN? xDDDD -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 87] Auteur : Stealthbomber16 Date : June 8th, 2021 10:55 AM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? Did you learn that from CNN? Did I learn that racism is bad from CNN? Is that the question? I think this is where the thread can end. If your response to someone saying racism is bad is to call them a liberal then you should probably go outside. And get a friend. In real life. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 88] Auteur : Veliaire Date : June 8th, 2021 10:56 AM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? It also has a negative impact to society to be forced to interact with racist dribble. So one could call the arcade staff here heroes. Assuming you think banning VIP for more "mundane" things is the next step in this spooky slippery slope, why don't you take this free speech crusade to the Twitter platform? They're obviously worse than us. Nobody is forcing you to do anything. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 89] Auteur : Voss Date : June 8th, 2021 10:57 AM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? Nobody is forcing you to do anything. Nobody is forcing you to interact on the internet either. So what's your point? -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 90] Auteur : Veliaire Date : June 8th, 2021 10:59 AM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? When you’re trying to argue free speech should allow racism on sc2mafia Popular speech doesn't need protection. Its the unpopular speech that does. The speech that makes people uncomfortable. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 91] Auteur : Unknown1234 Date : June 8th, 2021 11:00 AM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? Popular speech doesn't need protection. Its the unpopular speech that does. The speech that makes people uncomfortable. I think you just completely missed the point. What games do you play that let you to be openly racist without consequence? Let me know and I’ll make sure I avoid them. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 92] Auteur : Veliaire Date : June 8th, 2021 11:00 AM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? Nobody is forcing you to interact on the internet either. So what's your point? I never claimed otherwise, did I? Is this the extent of your intellectual capability? To just flip a statement back at someone? "I know you are but what am I?" -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 93] Auteur : theoneceko Date : June 8th, 2021 11:01 AM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? Popular speech doesn't need protection. Its the unpopular speech that does. The speech that makes people uncomfortable. and usually dehumanizes people by putting them into categories... -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 94] Auteur : Stealthbomber16 Date : June 8th, 2021 11:02 AM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? “My ability to name myself money grubbing jew should be protected.” I know you think you’re a troll but you really only look stupid dude. Trolls typically make people mad. You’re just making people laugh at you. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 95] Auteur : Veliaire Date : June 8th, 2021 11:03 AM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? I think this is where the thread can end. Why do you continue to post? Take your leave like you said you would. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 96] Auteur : Unknown1234 Date : June 8th, 2021 11:10 AM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? Why do you continue to post? Take your leave like you said you would. Free.... speech? But only when it’s convenient for you? Mmm... -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 97] Auteur : Voss Date : June 8th, 2021 11:11 AM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? I never claimed otherwise, did I? Is this the extent of your intellectual capability? To just flip a statement back at someone? "I know you are but what am I?" I guess I conflated my interpretation of your definitions of "the internet" and "society". Maybe the better answer is, if you don't like being told what you can and can't say on the internet, don't use it? It's not up to me to prove that any internet moderation is bad for society. That's up to you. For me, I'm perfectly capable living my life without having to use racist slurs to win a game. I'm also okay not playing a game if I don't agree with the staff's moderation decisions. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 98] Auteur : Voss Date : June 8th, 2021 11:12 AM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? I'm personally having a blast here. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 99] Auteur : Auwt Date : June 8th, 2021 11:13 AM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? Freedom of speech is a right. Facing consequences for their speaches is a duty that comes with it. I believe this would fit as an answer to all kind of similar thread. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 100] Auteur : DJarJar Date : June 8th, 2021 11:14 AM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? 18417 lobbies opened since I created the lobby status tracker bot on 9/28/2020 as of 2:07 pm on 6/8/2021 253 days since then 72.79 lobbies opened per day --------------------------------------- 2587 lobbies opened since 5/8/2021 31 days since then 83.5 lobbies opened per day ------------------------------- about a 15% increase in activity in the past month vs. the full period average. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 101] Auteur : Voss Date : June 8th, 2021 11:16 AM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? You missed responding to my point about Twitter. Twitter is "farther along the slope" than sc2mafia. Is crusading for a small time game more important than defending the rights of the former President of the United States of America? -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 102] Auteur : Stealthbomber16 Date : June 8th, 2021 11:17 AM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? I'm personally having a blast here. It’s like watching a car crash. I hope this thread comes up if this guy is reported again. Whoever processes it PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE keep these incredible posts in mind. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 103] Auteur : Unknown1234 Date : June 8th, 2021 11:18 AM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? You missed responding to my point about Twitter. Twitter is "farther along the slope" than sc2mafia. Is crusading for a small time game more important than defending the rights of the former President of the United States of America? This is just a stepping stone in the big picture. If you can allow racism in sc2mafia, anything is possible! It will set as an example for everything to come. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 104] Auteur : Unknown1234 Date : June 8th, 2021 11:21 AM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? It's that simple! :S -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 105] Auteur : Renegade Date : June 8th, 2021 11:40 AM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? Voss, frankly, shut your mouth. You're one of the biggest griefers on the site, you griefed on Oberon for like forever because he attacked you in some game or whatever other reason. It was literally painful to watch you grief so openly, viciously and for so long. And now you're being hypocritical by projecting your own actions but in reverse? You're fucked up mate. Edit: him ignoring all your abuse and grief is him "not being anti mods for the sake of it" - ok, cool mate, whatever floats your narcissism. Context plz -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 106] Auteur : Veliaire Date : June 8th, 2021 11:52 AM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? You missed responding to my point about Twitter. Twitter is "farther along the slope" than sc2mafia. Is crusading for a small time game more important than defending the rights of the former President of the United States of America? Little things add up. The world isn't black and white. Or "Important/Not Important". I never claimed censorship on Blizzard was as important as censoring the president, but it is all connected. The same type of person who would censor someone in an arcade game is the same type of person who would censor the president.. they know what's best for everyone else, and that's the end of it. Maybe those people at Twitter or FB learned to embrace Orwellian censorship at a young age while interacting with different companies online. Over the years we have cultivated a culture of censorship, and its only getting worse. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 107] Auteur : Voss Date : June 8th, 2021 12:10 PM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? So... you're crusading on sc2mafia.com to stop the next rise of some Orwellian state. Major kudos. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 108] Auteur : Veliaire Date : June 8th, 2021 12:22 PM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? So... you're crusading on sc2mafia.com to stop the next rise of some Orwellian state. Major kudos. Too late, we're already in it. It wasn't too long ago people were losing their jobs simply for typing #FreePalestine. If you do or say anything that goes against what the big brother deems is socially acceptable, the full force of the PC police will come down on you. That is the world in which we live now, and little pockets of the internet like this only perpetuate the problem. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 109] Auteur : DJarJar Date : June 8th, 2021 12:23 PM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? 18417 lobbies opened since I created the lobby status tracker bot on 9/28/2020 as of 2:07 pm on 6/8/2021 253 days since then 72.79 lobbies opened per day --------------------------------------- 2587 lobbies opened since 5/8/2021 31 days since then 83.5 lobbies opened per day ------------------------------- about a 15% increase in activity in the past month vs. the full period average. or if we look at the past 2 months versus the preceding time: 5192 lobbies since april 8 61 days 85.11 lobbies per day 13225 lobbies sep 28 to april 8 192 days 68.88 lobbies per day so a 24% increase in activity the past 2 months versus the preceding 7 months -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 110] Auteur : Voss Date : June 8th, 2021 12:27 PM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? Too late, we're already in it. It wasn't too long ago people were losing their jobs simply for typing #FreePalestine. If you do or say anything that goes against what the big brother deems is socially acceptable, the full force of the PC police will come down on you. That is the world in which we live now, and little pockets of the internet like this only perpetuate the problem. I have taken it upon myself to ban all staff members that take inappropriate actions against players who type #FreePalestine. You're welcome. Dark.Revenant, it's time to go bud. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 111] Auteur : DJarJar Date : June 8th, 2021 12:27 PM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? Too late, we're already in it. It wasn't too long ago people were losing their jobs simply for typing #FreePalestine. If you do or say anything that goes against what the big brother deems is socially acceptable, the full force of the PC police will come down on you. That is the world in which we live now, and little pockets of the internet like this only perpetuate the problem. There is a difference between israel and jews. I am not sure how "Money-Grubbing Jew" or "im a filthy money grubbing kike" has anything to do with israel or palestine -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 112] Auteur : Veliaire Date : June 8th, 2021 12:29 PM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? or if we look at the past 2 months versus the preceding time: 5192 lobbies since april 8 61 days 85.11 lobbies per day 13225 lobbies sep 28 to april 8 192 days 68.88 lobbies per day so a 24% increase in activity the past 2 months versus the preceding 7 months And you attribute that to censorship, and not the fact that school is out and more people are on during the summer? Interesting. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 113] Auteur : DJarJar Date : June 8th, 2021 12:31 PM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? And you attribute that to censorship, and not the fact that school is out and more people are on during the summer? Interesting. school is out? I am pretty sure most high schools are still in session. Colleges would have ended first week of may but I included april 8-may8 here too -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 114] Auteur : DJarJar Date : June 8th, 2021 12:33 PM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? And you attribute that to censorship, and not the fact that school is out and more people are on during the summer? Interesting. you claimed there was, or would be, a decrease in activity. I am not even trying to prove an increase in activity, just showing that you're objectively wrong -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 115] Auteur : Veliaire Date : June 8th, 2021 12:33 PM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? There is a difference between israel and jews. I am not sure how "Money-Grubbing Jew" or "im a filthy money grubbing kike" has anything to do with israel or palestine -Content removed by voss for being against the board rules- -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 116] Auteur : DJarJar Date : June 8th, 2021 12:36 PM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? Jews ARE money grubbing. How is that racist to point it out? wow alrighty -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 117] Auteur : Veliaire Date : June 8th, 2021 12:36 PM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? school is out? I am pretty sure most high schools are still in session. Colleges would have ended first week of may but I included april 8-may8 here too In my area HS lets out in mid May. Colleges end in may too. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 118] Auteur : theoneceko Date : June 8th, 2021 01:04 PM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? wow alrighty wait, veli actually typed that? wtf -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 119] Auteur : Veliaire Date : June 8th, 2021 01:43 PM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? wait, veli actually typed that? wtf Yes, and Voss gave me a warning for it. Evidently, its against the rules to call a spade a spade. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 120] Auteur : Oberon Date : June 8th, 2021 01:50 PM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? wow alrighty as a Jew I feel obliged to point out that this is correct even though what Veliare is (really) saying is bullshit -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 121] Auteur : Oberon Date : June 8th, 2021 01:53 PM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? Maybe I'm tinfoil hatting too hard here but, you said the thought police doesn't let you say FreePalestine? I'm confused, the Democratic Party in the US is a known Palestine supporter (as is the UN), so uh... if anything I think it's the other way around lol -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 122] Auteur : Voss Date : June 8th, 2021 02:04 PM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? Yes, and Voss gave me a warning for it. Evidently, its against the rules to call a spade a spade. Damn right. Spade love brother. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 123] Auteur : Veliaire Date : June 8th, 2021 02:04 PM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? Maybe I'm tinfoil hatting too hard here but, you said the thought police doesn't let you say FreePalestine? I'm confused, the Democratic Party in the US is a known Palestine supporter (as is the UN), so uh... if anything I think it's the other way around lol You'd think so, but the Neoliberal Democrat, PRO WAR party doesn't give a crap about Palestine. They would sooner see it burned to the ground than freed. Just look at what all the establishment types said these past few months. Just look how pro Palestine voices have been silenced in the liberal media. CNN contributor was fired for it a couple of years ago. Both parties are horrible but the Democrat party is probably the worse. What did Biden do his first 60 days in office? No covid relief, but he made sure to send bombs over to Syria. Its ridiculous... but I'm not going to get into politics here. I don't want this post shut shut down and censored for going off track. There appear to be quite a few admins who are upset by this thread as it stands. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 124] Auteur : Renegade Date : June 8th, 2021 02:09 PM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? Wow trumpkins are really losing it aren't they? -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 125] Auteur : Renegade Date : June 8th, 2021 02:10 PM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? Butter emails! Freeze Peach! -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 126] Auteur : Veliaire Date : June 8th, 2021 02:13 PM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? Wow trumpkins are really losing it aren't they? I didn't vote for Trump. I voted 3rd party in 2016 and I voted Biden in 2020 to get Trump out. You don't know what you're talking about... but isn't it just like a neoliberal to respond to criticism by saying "TRUMP BAD"? EDIT: But lets not get off topic. This isn't a post about politics. I only said what I said in response to Oberon's mention of the Democratic Party. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 127] Auteur : OzyWho Date : June 8th, 2021 02:53 PM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? or if we look at the past 2 months versus the preceding time: 5192 lobbies since april 8 61 days 85.11 lobbies per day 13225 lobbies sep 28 to april 8 192 days 68.88 lobbies per day so a 24% increase in activity the past 2 months versus the preceding 7 months Isn't there a possibility that less players = more lobbies? Like, if there is always only 1 player and he keeps reconnecting. Or if people keep creating and cancelling upon seeing none's there. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 128] Auteur : theoneceko Date : June 8th, 2021 03:26 PM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? Yes, and Voss gave me a warning for it. Evidently, its against the rules to call a spade a spade. im just glad mods can punish you (even if stealth and unknown, who are retired staff, went psycho mode). this discourages me from turning on my oops switch voss you don't need to argue with this dumbass or be a bitch to put him down. you've a ban button, right?! tf is wrong with you. tbh, this will just make the forums that much more different from the mod. it isn't just racists that are a problem. it's ppl being homophobic, transphobic, and sexist, things i all forgot. if you're REALLY going to clean up the mod, then it will probably die -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 129] Auteur : Voss Date : June 8th, 2021 03:28 PM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? im just glad mods can punish you (even if stealth and unknown, who are retired staff, went psycho mode). this discourages me from turning on my oops switch voss you don't need to argue with this dumbass or be a bitch to put him down. you've a ban button, right?! tf is wrong with you. tbh, this will just make the forums that much more different from the mod. it isn't just racists that are a problem. it's ppl being homophobic, transphobic, and sexist, things i all forgot. if you're REALLY going to clean up the mod, then it will probably die I was bored at work? -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 130] Auteur : theoneceko Date : June 8th, 2021 03:34 PM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? I was bored at work? that's such a bad excuse. just because veli is being a disgusting racist doesn't mean u should play with the dude. if you actually cared about his racism, then you would've gotten rid of him instead of prolonging this stupid thread. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 131] Auteur : theoneceko Date : June 8th, 2021 03:39 PM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? if i was a mod, i'd MUCH rather be seen as the dictator who bans ppl for slurs instead of someone who just makes them feel bad about themselves without actually doing anything. it's less fun for me, but being self-indulgent shouldn't be part of being a mod. in ur defense though, i think i'd just snap after seeing several ppl explain why spamming the n-word is okay. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 132] Auteur : Veliaire Date : June 8th, 2021 03:41 PM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? im just glad mods can punish you (even if stealth and unknown, who are retired staff, went psycho mode). this discourages me from turning on my oops switch voss you don't need to argue with this dumbass or be a bitch to put him down. you've a ban button, right?! tf is wrong with you. tbh, this will just make the forums that much more different from the mod. it isn't just racists that are a problem. it's ppl being homophobic, transphobic, and sexist, things i all forgot. if you're REALLY going to clean up the mod, then it will probably die Thank you for reminding me why I ban you from my lobbies. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 133] Auteur : Voss Date : June 8th, 2021 03:45 PM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? While I don't agree with this person's ideas, I think banning someone for asking whether the current policy will kill the game is a draconian. And if I can't laugh about the "but mah freeze peach" threads here, it'd probably drive me to leave the site. Are you making the case that staff in general is too soft on bigoted content, or...? -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 134] Auteur : Renegade Date : June 8th, 2021 03:45 PM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? or if we look at the past 2 months versus the preceding time: 5192 lobbies since april 8 61 days 85.11 lobbies per day 13225 lobbies sep 28 to april 8 192 days 68.88 lobbies per day so a 24% increase in activity the past 2 months versus the preceding 7 months Do we have any data over prior year for this time? Hard to find comparables but even the holiday season was included in the prior period. Interesting. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 135] Auteur : Veliaire Date : June 8th, 2021 03:51 PM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? if i was a mod, i'd MUCH rather be seen as the dictator who bans ppl for slurs instead of someone who just makes them feel bad about themselves without actually doing anything. Honestly, that much is clear. You are obviously some power hungry neoliberal with too much time on your hands. Nearly 4000 posts in 2 years tells me that you don't have much of a life, out side SC2 mafia. But do go on and tell us more of your fantasies about how you would moderate this community. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 136] Auteur : theoneceko Date : June 8th, 2021 04:03 PM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? While I don't agree with this person's ideas, I think banning someone for asking whether the current policy will kill the game is a draconian. And if I can't laugh about the "but mah freeze peach" threads here, it'd probably drive me to leave the site. Are you making the case that staff in general is too soft on bigoted content, or...? i actually think you're being too hard by not just banning the dude. i thought banning would be easier on everyone interacting with this thread. veli will get pissed, but this is just a freaking game site. just DOING something will make us all move on. however, it looks like you genuinely want to create discussion here, so--although i find this very hard to grasp--maybe ur not trying to be malicious -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 137] Auteur : theoneceko Date : June 8th, 2021 04:05 PM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? Thank you for reminding me why I ban you from my lobbies. Honestly, that much is clear. You are obviously some power hungry neoliberal with too much time on your hands. Nearly 4000 posts in 2 years tells me that you don't have much of a life, out side SC2 mafia. But do go on and tell us more of your fantasies about how you would moderate this community. for example, comments like these are extremely easy to ignore. although this kind of manipulation SHOULD be punished. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 138] Auteur : OzyWho Date : June 8th, 2021 04:06 PM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? Did you want to argue all night about it? I mean, I have my position and you have yours and its clear neither of us intend to change. So what would be the point? Veliaire What do you want out of this thread looking forward? One the one hand, you turned someone interested in honest discussion away. On the other hand, I see you attacking people. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 139] Auteur : Veliaire Date : June 8th, 2021 04:07 PM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? Veliaire What do you want out of this thread looking forward? One the one hand, you turned someone interested in honest discussion away. On the other hand, I see you attacking people. I'm attacking people? Did you see what he said about me? -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 140] Auteur : theoneceko Date : June 8th, 2021 04:08 PM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? at least ik mods COULD do something about this. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 141] Auteur : OzyWho Date : June 8th, 2021 04:11 PM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? I'm attacking people? Did you see what he said about me? Idk which one you mean, many here seemed to be just here to scorn you for amusement. Not everyone can be as honest and forthcoming as aamirus and Helz. However, I'm not asking about them I'm asking about you. This is your thread. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 142] Auteur : Veliaire Date : June 8th, 2021 04:12 PM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? at least ik mods COULD do something about this. Honestly, If you do not like what I have to say then you are free not to post in my thread. You're welcome to talk about the topic, but talking about how I need to be banned and how you would ban me if you were a mod is not the topic of this thread... but something tells me you came in here with the purpose of stirring up drama. You have absolutely no interest in talking about the topic, as is evident by every one of your posts thus far. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 143] Auteur : DJarJar Date : June 8th, 2021 04:13 PM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? Isn't there a possibility that less players = more lobbies? Like, if there is always only 1 player and he keeps reconnecting. Or if people keep creating and cancelling upon seeing none's there. Could be but I was too lazy to code a bot to count only the started games posts. I think ceko’s evidence of the game being in the top 10 is a good support though -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 144] Auteur : Veliaire Date : June 8th, 2021 04:13 PM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? Veliaire What do you want out of this thread looking forward? One the one hand, you turned someone interested in honest discussion away. On the other hand, I see you attacking people. Honest question here. Does it appear that I made this thread to attack everyone? -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 145] Auteur : theoneceko Date : June 8th, 2021 04:14 PM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? Could be but I was too lazy to code a bot to count only the started games posts. I think ceko’s evidence of the game being in the top 10 is a good support though hewwo !!! -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 146] Auteur : OzyWho Date : June 8th, 2021 04:16 PM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? Honestly, If you do not like what I have to say then you are free not to post in my thread. You're welcome to talk about the topic, but talking about how I need to be banned and how you would ban me if you were a mod is not the topic of this thread... but something tells me you came in here with the purpose of stirring up drama. You have absolutely no interest in talking about the topic, as is evident by every one of your posts thus far. Btw, technically speaking, only the Serious Discussions and Debates subforum is protected from trolling. (Though not particularly enforced) I feel like it's a question of just years for that to change? Maybe not, who can tell.. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 147] Auteur : Veliaire Date : June 8th, 2021 04:18 PM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? Btw, technically speaking, only the Serious Discussions and Debates subforum is protected from trolling. (Though not particularly enforced) I feel like it's a question of just years for that to change? Maybe not, who can tell.. He's free to say whatever he wants. I don't need my thread protected from trolls. I just thought that I should say my piece once and get it out of the way. That way when I ignore the rest of his posts he'll know why. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 148] Auteur : OzyWho Date : June 8th, 2021 04:20 PM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? Honest question here. Does it appear that I made this thread to attack everyone?Not initially, no. It did look like this thread turned into a brawl though. Tbh, you behaved yourself well in my opinion. For some odd reason, some who feel like they can make good arguments also feel like it gives them leeway to shit on others whilst doing so. I'm just interested to see if this thread is still salvageable tbh. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 149] Auteur : DJarJar Date : June 8th, 2021 04:23 PM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? Honest question here. Does it appear that I made this thread to attack everyone? Well not EVERYone… Honestly ceko I get what you’re saying but taking immediate moderation action against a thread about admins being power hungry nazis just isn’t very tenable. So I personally tend to just let these threads play themselves out. Veliaire helpfully buried himself with that post Voss infracted and we probably should have just closed it there but now people are having some other interesting discussions so why kill that? -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 150] Auteur : OzyWho Date : June 8th, 2021 04:23 PM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? Could be but I was too lazy to code a bot to count only the started games posts. I think ceko’s evidence of the game being in the top 10 is a good support though Yah that's fair. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 151] Auteur : Veliaire Date : June 8th, 2021 04:27 PM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? Not initially, no. It did look like this thread turned into a brawl though. Tbh, you behaved yourself well in my opinion. For some odd reason, some who feel like they can make good arguments also feel like it gives them leeway to shit on others whilst doing so. I'm just interested to see if this thread is still salvageable tbh. You noticed that too, huh? Would be hypocritical of me to point out people's speech while defending free speech so I just let it go for the most part. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 152] Auteur : theoneceko Date : June 8th, 2021 04:27 PM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? Well not EVERYone… Honestly ceko I get what you’re saying but taking immediate moderation action against a thread about admins being power hungry nazis just isn’t very tenable. So I personally tend to just let these threads play themselves out. Veliaire helpfully buried himself with that post Voss infracted and we probably should have just closed it there but now people are having some other interesting discussions so why kill that? who cares about what some alt-right dude says? show ur nazi dictator side and close this thread ._. this thread is so off-topic... now it's just random bashing and i'd like for it to stop -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 153] Auteur : theoneceko Date : June 8th, 2021 04:28 PM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? do admins play the arcade? YES. aami, mostache, and auwt are regular players. aami is most active from my experience and auwt is the least active. however, they all play pretty often. okay! there's your answer. thread closed -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 154] Auteur : OzyWho Date : June 8th, 2021 04:29 PM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? Well not EVERYone… Honestly ceko I get what you’re saying but taking immediate moderation action against a thread about admins being power hungry nazis just isn’t very tenable. So I personally tend to just let these threads play themselves out. Veliaire helpfully buried himself with that post Voss infracted and we probably should have just closed it there but now people are having some other interesting discussions so why kill that? Tbh I'm a little interested to see what Helz will say to my question I asked him. Usually you don't see him changing his mind or even reasons for them over years apart. This time, on this topic, he changed his opinion within months. I kinda want to hear the story behind that change. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 155] Auteur : Voss Date : June 8th, 2021 04:30 PM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? It seems like some want us to moderate more, others want us to ban more, and finally some want us to ban less. Who are the real losers here? sc2mafia staff. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 156] Auteur : Voss Date : June 8th, 2021 04:32 PM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? It seems like some want us to moderate more, others want us to ban more, and finally some want us to ban less. Who are the real losers here? sc2mafia staff. no sarcasm intended here. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 157] Auteur : DJarJar Date : June 8th, 2021 04:33 PM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? It seems like some want us to moderate more, others want us to ban more, and finally some want us to ban less. Who are the real losers here? sc2mafia staff. Dawh vossy I snorted at your “I’m a girl” post <3 -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 158] Auteur : theoneceko Date : June 8th, 2021 04:33 PM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? is there a way to ignore a thread? i want to mute this U W U -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 159] Auteur : DJarJar Date : June 8th, 2021 04:36 PM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? is there a way to ignore a thread? i want to mute this U W U You get notifications for posts? Or u just feel the need to click when u see the new posts? -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 160] Auteur : theoneceko Date : June 8th, 2021 04:36 PM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? You get notifications for posts? Or u just feel the need to click when u see the new posts? i check the new posts thingy at the top left -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 161] Auteur : theoneceko Date : June 8th, 2021 04:37 PM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? oh. i do the second thing you mentioned -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 162] Auteur : DJarJar Date : June 8th, 2021 04:38 PM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? i check the new posts thingy at the top left Well you can click forum actions -> mark forums read To clear that without clicking on the threads -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 163] Auteur : Veliaire Date : June 8th, 2021 04:38 PM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? Aww. I was hoping that would keep him out. But I guess ignore lists only keep me from seeing what he posts. 27984 -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 164] Auteur : theoneceko Date : June 8th, 2021 04:41 PM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? why did i just get warned for spamming? -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 165] Auteur : theoneceko Date : June 8th, 2021 04:42 PM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? i was asking voss a question because i want to mute this thread? is that spam? -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 166] Auteur : oops_ur_dead Date : June 8th, 2021 04:43 PM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? Yeah same. I'm female and I think some misogynistic jokes are hilarious sometimes. are u girl irl?? -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 167] Auteur : Unknown1234 Date : June 8th, 2021 04:56 PM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? The title of the thread instigates an argument, regardless of the message that actually follows. If you play the game enough you’ll know which members of staff play because there aren’t that many different regulars that makes it difficult to remember. This thread has gotten carried away, pretty much done by everyone except 1 or 2 people, but I don’t really see this thread as being “I want to see change” in the first place. It looks more like “I want to attack the staff for banning racists/watchlisting me!”. Would you have said anything if you hadn’t been Watchlisted? Because I honestly feel like you wouldn’t have. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 168] Auteur : Veliaire Date : June 8th, 2021 04:59 PM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? The title of the thread actually instigates an argument, regardless of the message that actually follows. It's this kind of "everything is offensive" mentality that is the problem. I asked a simple, relevant question. There's no need to take offense to it. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 169] Auteur : Unknown1234 Date : June 8th, 2021 05:02 PM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? It's this kind of "everything is offensive" mentality that is the problem. I asked a simple, relevant question. There's no need to take offense to it. So in your mind, this is how the conversation should have gone. Post #1 “does staff play the mod” Post #2 “Aamirus Auwt and Mostache play quite regularly” Post #3 “okay thanks bye” I know ceko said this exact thing earlier, but people’s intentions are way too easy to read and it’s never as simple as this. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 170] Auteur : Veliaire Date : June 8th, 2021 05:07 PM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? So in your mind, this is how the conversation should have gone. Post #1 “does staff play the mod” Post #2 “Aamirus Auwt and Mostache play quite regularly” Post #3 “okay thanks bye” I know ceko said this exact thing earlier, but people’s intentions are way too easy to read and it’s never as simple as this. Well it didn't go the way you wanted. I'm sorry about that. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 171] Auteur : Unknown1234 Date : June 8th, 2021 05:15 PM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? Well it didn't go the way you wanted. I'm sorry about that. I think the staff has been fairly good with their responses despite the back and forth bantering between people. Their job is to make the game and community available to everyone and that shit isn’t easy. I’m sorry if you feel like you’re being silenced however actions have consequences. What staff decides to do at the end of the day is ultimately up to them, but just now that they are doing the best they can to keep the game alive and let people enjoy it. If you don’t agree, I’m sure you can try your luck at Town of Salem where they censor everything that they think could potentially offend their playerbase. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 172] Auteur : Veliaire Date : June 8th, 2021 05:17 PM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? I think the staff has been fairly good with their responses despite the back and forth bantering between people. Their job is to make the game and community available to everyone and that shit isn’t easy. I’m sorry if you feel like you’re being silenced however actions have consequences. What staff decides to do at the end of the day is ultimately up to them, but just now that they are doing the best they can to keep the game alive and let people enjoy it. If you don’t agree, I’m sure you can try your luck at Town of Salem where they censor everything that they think could potentially offend their playerbase. Thanks for the input champ. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 173] Auteur : SuperJack Date : June 8th, 2021 07:08 PM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? are u girl irl?? You didn't know? -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 174] Auteur : Helz Date : June 11th, 2021 12:59 AM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? Speaking of which, Helz, what happened to this?: Ehh, If its on the racism thing I plan on making a topic at some point. I am just swamped with taking on too many projects like I always do and I am going to communicate with to individuals prior to speaking negatively about them. I don't know if you could call it a professional courtesy but the direction I am moving in here is kind of burning a bridge after people have advised me exactly how to suck up to avoid a perma-ban. I have absolutely zero respect for a moderation community that picks and chooses when to follow their own policy's and its a hell of a shame our global community's championship is subjected to such behavior. On the 'trolls crave attention' thing you would have to be more specific. I still hold both statements you quoted as valid and true. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 175] Auteur : one_asparagus Date : June 11th, 2021 01:43 PM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? 4 pages defending why its ok to be a racist homophobe troll who ruins matches..... You all need help. I don't play this arcade map anymore because your community is absolute horse shit, you all have no sense and circle jerk the same racist bullshit spam EVERY game. Pathetic... No one with any sense plays Mafia anymore because of your player base's inability to be normal fucking human beings. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 176] Auteur : Stealthbomber16 Date : June 11th, 2021 06:03 PM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? 4 pages defending why its ok to be a racist homophobe troll who ruins matches..... You all need help. I don't play this arcade map anymore because your community is absolute horse shit, you all have no sense and circle jerk the same racist bullshit spam EVERY game. Pathetic... No one with any sense plays Mafia anymore because of your player base's inability to be normal fucking human beings. why is this guy not IP banned yet isnt this like his 6th account -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 177] Auteur : Veliaire Date : June 13th, 2021 11:02 PM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? I don't play this arcade map anymore because your community is absolute horse shit. Or maybe you're just not that good of a player? I find that people who aren't good tend to blame everyone but themselves. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 178] Auteur : Varcron Date : June 13th, 2021 11:12 PM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? Or maybe you're just not that good of a player? I find that people who aren't good tend to blame everyone but themselves. Parts of the mod community are toxic, which is probably why they don't play This is coming from a person that still plays the mod. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 179] Auteur : Voss Date : June 14th, 2021 02:11 PM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? why is this guy not IP banned yet isnt this like his 6th account is that guy being sarcastic? -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 180] Auteur : Stealthbomber16 Date : June 14th, 2021 02:50 PM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? is that guy being sarcastic? 99% sure that this guy is an alt of someone on the banlist -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 181] Auteur : one_asparagus Date : June 20th, 2021 04:08 AM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? Nah kids, Sorry this is my first account here. I deal with spamming flaming racist and homophobic rhetoric every time I play mafia in SC2 arcade. I finally decided to make an account to report the repeat offenders but it turns out this is just an echo chamber for your insecurities. Sad man I don't see why the need to get a rise out of people is considered humor here. It's mind boggling that there is literally a post 4 pages long with you all going back and forth about anti semanticist rhetoric and why it should be allowed. I think Blizzard would raise an eyebrow at this community if they gave a shit about this dead game, but lucky for your vultures it's prime ground to escape from public silences and bans that they offer. It's not free speech at the level you guys cherish, it's literally shock factor humor at best. Call me salty, call me bad, pull out all the stops guys. I literally created this account to record and report your lack of basic human decency and literal hate speech. IP ban away! The first post I read was a 4 page thread about why it's OK to bash Jews. Next time I play with one of you I will be uploading saves and building cases. Learn to not get your energy from your constant and effortless trashy spam, and maybe try to communicate properly so we can all have fun and play the game like humans. EDIT: Stealthbomber: The fact that I am not the only one saying this and you immediately ask for a ban speaks fucking volumes kiddo. Seriously... Unlike you I've never been banned, I got a warning back in the day because of d/c issues (satellite internet back then) so I got reported for role-quitting. Which was fair... I had crappy service and ruined games. The least I can do is post reports where this community's lack of ethics ruins matches. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 182] Auteur : OzyWho Date : June 20th, 2021 04:38 AM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? It's mind boggling that there is literally a post 4 pages long with you all going back and forth about anti semanticist rhetoric and why it should be allowed. Vast majority of members are against, but you claim the opposite being true. Why? -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 183] Auteur : Stealthbomber16 Date : June 20th, 2021 11:12 PM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? Nah kids, Sorry this is my first account here. I deal with spamming flaming racist and homophobic rhetoric every time I play mafia in SC2 arcade. I finally decided to make an account to report the repeat offenders but it turns out this is just an echo chamber for your insecurities. Sad man I don't see why the need to get a rise out of people is considered humor here. It's mind boggling that there is literally a post 4 pages long with you all going back and forth about anti semanticist rhetoric and why it should be allowed. I think Blizzard would raise an eyebrow at this community if they gave a shit about this dead game, but lucky for your vultures it's prime ground to escape from public silences and bans that they offer. It's not free speech at the level you guys cherish, it's literally shock factor humor at best. Call me salty, call me bad, pull out all the stops guys. I literally created this account to record and report your lack of basic human decency and literal hate speech. IP ban away! The first post I read was a 4 page thread about why it's OK to bash Jews. Next time I play with one of you I will be uploading saves and building cases. Learn to not get your energy from your constant and effortless trashy spam, and maybe try to communicate properly so we can all have fun and play the game like humans. EDIT: Stealthbomber: The fact that I am not the only one saying this and you immediately ask for a ban speaks fucking volumes kiddo. Seriously... Unlike you I've never been banned, I got a warning back in the day because of d/c issues (satellite internet back then) so I got reported for role-quitting. Which was fair... I had crappy service and ruined games. The least I can do is post reports where this community's lack of ethics ruins matches. There are volumes of threads right now that have explained and demonstrated that these racist players are the increasingly shrinking minority. I've been here for 6 years. 3 weeks ago was the first time someone went on the forums and complained about it in those 6 years. You're the second one. It's funny that you think I've been banned since my rank is literally retired staff. EDIT: This thread is 4 pages of an entire community bashing on a clown who recently was punished for racist remarks about jews and thought it wasn't deserved. You're not only bad at acting... you're also bad at reading too! -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 184] Auteur : one_asparagus Date : June 21st, 2021 07:33 PM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? You are 99% sure I'm on the banlist but somehow misconstrued that you are the one banned? I've never been here until my account was created, nor did I say you were banned... Lack of forum activity doesn't mean your community isn't contrived of racists and homophobes. Be that as it may, maybe more people would communicate here if the admins took bans seriously and played a game or two so they could witness the candor that this community possesses. I agree that admins should play more, and they should go in incognito. I have yet to play a game where there wasn't some verbally abusive troll trying to trigger anyone that refused to mute them. Kind of like how you instantly jumped onto me and assumed I was attacking you. Not impressed so far. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 185] Auteur : Light_Yagami Date : June 24th, 2021 09:03 PM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? You are 99% sure I'm on the banlist but somehow misconstrued that you are the one banned? I've never been here until my account was created, nor did I say you were banned... Lack of forum activity doesn't mean your community isn't contrived of racists and homophobes. Be that as it may, maybe more people would communicate here if the admins took bans seriously and played a game or two so they could witness the candor that this community possesses. I agree that admins should play more, and they should go in incognito. I have yet to play a game where there wasn't some verbally abusive troll trying to trigger anyone that refused to mute them. Kind of like how you instantly jumped onto me and assumed I was attacking you. Not impressed so far. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0C3IhWcJH0 -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 186] Auteur : Veliaire Date : August 1st, 2021 02:24 AM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? I agree that admins should play more, and they should go in incognito. I have yet to play a game where there wasn't some verbally abusive troll trying to trigger anyone that refused to mute them. Kind of like how you instantly jumped onto me and assumed I was attacking you. Not impressed so far. That's this community 100%. There is literally someone mewling about muting this thread and begging leadership to ban me, like I'm an evil person, because I have one offense of racism. Meanwhile he literally is on the watchlist for gamethrowing and has several other prior game-ruining offenses. So he literally throws games, but I'm the bad guy because I'm not PC enough. And lets not forget about how everyone lets personal feelings disrupt gameplay. I can't even name myself Bill Cosby without people targeting me n1.. but nothing gets done about that. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 187] Auteur : Yuesford Date : August 1st, 2021 08:32 AM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? That's this community 100%. There is literally someone mewling about muting this thread and begging leadership to ban me, like I'm an evil person, because I have one offense of racism. Meanwhile he literally is on the watchlist for gamethrowing and has several other prior game-ruining offenses. So he literally throws games, but I'm the bad guy because I'm not PC enough. And lets not forget about how everyone lets personal feelings disrupt gameplay. I can't even name myself Bill Cosby without people targeting me n1.. but nothing gets done about that. Hey mannn. Even if u always jailor hunt me n1. I agree with u. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 188] Auteur : Drizzt Date : November 26th, 2021 10:51 AM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? So knowing how hard it is to get a game started most days, why are you banning people for speech? I don't get that. Why have a mute function if you are just going to ban people for saying stuff you don't like? Not really. I think it was more of a moral stand against the conduct. The conduct that we should all be against, regardless of how frequently it is formally punished, is pedophiliac speech. I don't know a single staff member who needs that to tarnish his personal life if there's ever a major incident somehow. I think this site has a lot of "quantitatively minded" staff, so I get that they don't understand that in management sometimes not making strategic decision is better than making a poor strategic decision. Not saying it was a poor choice, I agree with the spirit of the decision, but it is lsimilar to when the African American and liberal community tried to ban the "n" word a decade ago by holding funerals for it and stuff- that happened some of you won't remember. The attempt just became fodder for trolls. We will never be free of racism or bigotry in mafia, that is too high a goal. I do believe we have enough people, trolls included, against the mal treatment of vulnerable children to punish that behavior and not lose a critical amount of players. At this point, all sc2 arcade decisions should be weighed against the chance of alienating players and potential players. It used to be games were round the clock. Then it slipped to games started at noon and ended at 4am. Now, games start at 2pm-5pm and end at 4am. Gradual slippage. If we don't role out 2.0 by the grace of Frinckles, we may run out of the ability to make the switch. Remember, we will lose players before 2.0 attracts players, that is my opinion, but it is the logical sequence of events. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 189] Auteur : Tauntshaman Date : November 26th, 2021 02:31 PM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? No, I'm not banned. I logged in today to find out I was warned for racism. So I got on to forums to see what it was all about, and after I submitted my appeal I decided to see all the recent bannings and noticed a couple of people were banned for racism. So I thought I'd give my view about what I think of censorship. Same here I afked for about a year from apr 2020 to may 2021 and BAM! I'm warned for impersonating moderators in june 2020, after doing it for around 200 times LOL. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 190] Auteur : Space Milk Date : March 20th, 2022 07:37 AM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? Having racist humor drives away new players and longevity of the game while eliminating regulars for the same actions hurts games. There are virtually no new players, and those who do play are overwhelmingly open to black and disturbing humor, just look at Arcade General chat or the chat of any random lobby. SC2 is one of few unmoderated games left on the market, and it has cultivated a user base that reflects that - along with collecting "refugees" from other games that have become moderated. Stringent moderator action would actually drive away new players. If we were talking about Battlefield or Halo this would make sense. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 191] Auteur : Voss Date : March 20th, 2022 08:17 AM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? There are virtually no new players, and those who do play are overwhelmingly open to black and disturbing humor, just look at Arcade General chat or the chat of any random lobby. SC2 is one of few unmoderated games left on the market, and it has cultivated a user base that reflects that - along with collecting "refugees" from other games that have become moderated. Stringent moderator action would actually drive away new players. If we were talking about Battlefield or Halo this would make sense. Oh no! The poor victimed racists, (sorry refugees), don't have other games to play. I call upon the admin staff to allow not only black and Jewish jokes, but also pedophilia role play in the game. Glory to SC2! -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 192] Auteur : Space Milk Date : March 20th, 2022 11:11 AM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? Oh no! The poor victimed racists, (sorry refugees), don't have other games to play. I call upon the admin staff to allow not only black and Jewish jokes, but also pedophilia role play in the game. Glory to SC2! I'm not making a normative statement of who is justified or not. This is simply fact of the matter. StarCraft's current userbase is predominately edgy and tolerant of off-color speech. StarCraft is also seeing no player growth, especially in the arcade. If you all of a sudden start cracking down on this you will end up alienating the majority of players and kill SC2 Mafia, which is already slow to get lobbies as is. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 193] Auteur : deathworlds Date : March 20th, 2022 02:15 PM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? I'm not making a normative statement of who is justified or not. This is simply fact of the matter. StarCraft's current userbase is predominately edgy and tolerant of off-color speech. StarCraft is also seeing no player growth, especially in the arcade. If you all of a sudden start cracking down on this you will end up alienating the majority of players and kill SC2 Mafia, which is already slow to get lobbies as is. We got some statistics that indicate that "the current userbase is predominately edgy and tolerant of off-color speech" is wrong. https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php/48882-A-Statistical-Analysis-of-Racism-Across-10-790-Replays If we "alienate" 1-5% of the player base who contribute to almost the entirety of "off-color speech", than good riddance to bad apples. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 194] Auteur : Lumi Date : March 20th, 2022 02:40 PM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? Another interesting statistic I found from that data set was that the people that defended the use of "off-color speech" as "a part of the culture of the playerbase" and claimed that cracking down on it would result in losing players were invariably also serial participants in such "off-color speech" Perhaps they see such "off-color speech" everywhere they go because they're the ones using it? -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 195] Auteur : Stealthbomber16 Date : March 20th, 2022 02:50 PM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? We got some statistics that indicate that "the current userbase is predominately edgy and tolerant of off-color speech" is wrong. https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php/48882-A-Statistical-Analysis-of-Racism-Across-10-790-Replays If we "alienate" 1-5% of the player base who contribute to almost the entirety of "off-color speech", than good riddance to bad apples. NOOOO YOU CANT CRACK DOWN ON THE THINGS THAT I DO, WHAT ABOUT ALL THE OTHER PEOPLE THAT ALSO DO THE THINGS THAT I DO?>>?>> What do you mean it's just me? -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 196] Auteur : OzyWho Date : March 20th, 2022 03:35 PM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? That's a loud and noticeable small minority, gotta be said. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 197] Auteur : Space Milk Date : March 20th, 2022 04:10 PM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? Another interesting statistic I found from that data set was that the people that defended the use of "off-color speech" as "a part of the culture of the playerbase" and claimed that cracking down on it would result in losing players were invariably also serial participants in such "off-color speech" Perhaps they see such "off-color speech" everywhere they go because they're the ones using it? Did you actually read your own post? First, your methodologies are not posted. For all we know your list of slurs that your bot scanned for consisted of little more than the n-word and the k-word, when if you actually played the game the use of racial slurs stems far beyond the n word and also includes pun variations which would not be picked up for by the bot. Anti-Kurdish racism, Yugoslavian racism, anti-Chinese racism, anti-Indian racism, anti-Turkish racism etc, I have seen all of these in significant quantities, especially because they are now trendy. Saddam Hussein has gained a lot popularity in the last couple of years. Yugoslavian racism has always been present. Indian racism has always been present especially when PewdiePie popularized "bobs and vagene". Anti-Chinese racism has increased since the pandemic. Anti-Turkish racism became prevalent after the incursion of Turkey into the Syrian Civil War. Does your bot scan for references to "Kung Flu"? Does your bot scan for slurs in other languages? Does your bot scan for anglicizations? Does your bot scan for "Hohols", "gypsy", "riggers", "small hat", "long nose", "cockroach", "moon cricket", "snow monkey", "red skin", "shekels", "jungle asian", "pajeet", "kebab", "ass bandit", "hon", "AGP", "beaner", "ching chong", "wetback", "kang", "curry", "YWNBAW", "train", "locomotive", "troon", "oreo", "BBC", "sand people", "dunecoon", "towel head", "suicide bomber", "goy", "wumao", "mongoloid", "spic", "jogger", "george floyd", "fentanyl"...? I have seen every single one of these and variations of these. I doubt you were even a fraction as diligent because you don't even play the game. Your own post also says that these top 1% racists were always reported for unrelated offenses. They were caught by your bot because they weren't even playing the game. They joined a Mafia lobby with the express purpose to destroy the game, not participate. Their racism - which undoubtedly was merely copy pasting a wall of text of the n word which is the only thing your bot is capable of catching - was a tool to destroy a game, as well as through other means such as cheating and gamethrowing. This isn't even getting to the fact that you glossed over a key detail that would punch a gaping hole in your house of cards of a conclusion and that is that these people were not reported for racism, but for unrelated offenses. That ultimately, the overwhelming majority of the playerbase was not ticked off by this troublesome 1% because they were racist, but because they destroyed the lobbies they were in. If you actually played your own game now, you would see that every other lobby has explicit racism thrown around, but it is not in the form of spamming of wall of text. It is through elaborate puns, transient inside jokes, and mockery of other races. "Jogger" and variations of "jogger" were very popular during and around the Ahmaud Arbery trial, then tapered off. Your bot didn't catch that. "George floyd" and variations on it, including bizarre mockeries such as translating his name to Mandarin and pretending to be a member of the CCP speaking broken English, or pretending he was Croatian and mocking him through variations of Gjergj Floydci - popular during and after the George Floyd riots. Your bot didn't catch that. "Fentanyl fiend/addict/user/etc", "peaceful protestor" are also coded racist language for black people specific to a time period. Your bot didn't catch that. Nick Gurr, knee gga, your bot didn't catch these. What about the recent anti-Ukrainian sentiment? What about anti-Russian sentiment? Hohol and vatnik are racial slurs respectively, among more general anti-slavic slurs such as snow monkey and mongoloid. Is the StarCraft 2 Mafia team going to take a side in the war and crack down on one of these slurs? Both? What about the controversy around transgender folks, the sports debate, schools? AGP and biomedicalism remains a popular theory for the origins of being transgender in some spaces including the ones that would play SC2, while it is rejected wholesale as transphobic in other spaces and referring to someone as AGP is a transphobic slur. What is the StarCraft 2 Mafia's team on trans folks in women's sports? I have seen the names of trans athletes in StarCraft 2, your bot did not crack down on them. If you crack down on one type of racism, but not on other forms of discrimination, doesn't that imply that the StarCraft 2 Mafia team endorses transphobia and racism against the Roma? You show the willingness to moderate your game, remove these "toxic" elements from the community, and yet with this express purpose you do not crack down on ALL toxicity. Why hasn't the team made a stance on the Azov Battalion and Forgotten Weapons? Why hasn't the team made a stance on Texas passing landmark transphobic legislation that labels transitioning for minors as child abuse? Why hasn't the team made a stance on the Chinese and their role in COVID - is saying that the Chinese are behind COVID still racist, or now okay in light of recent endorsement by high profile American politicians? The silence from the SC2 Mafia team is DEAFENING on pitbulls, which are used by the far right as a dogwhistled proxy debate for racism in which pitbull is a stand in for black people - hence the overlap between white nationalists and anti-pitbullers and the reason why anti-pitbull memes originated on /pol/. Homophobia falls on deaf, straight ears in the Mafia team, where is the crack down on references to the Ass Bandit of Odessa, a humorous myth propagated to paint Ukrainians as a country of homosexual rapists? Where is the outcry from the team on references to "traps" - a transphobic slur? I have not seen you even mention the doubley ableist AND homophobic Mafia name of "Ray Getard". Does that mean the mod team views Ableism in StarCraft as acceptable now? The r slur is thrown left and right - yet no one in this thread has suggested punishment for it. You have drawn wildly poor conclusions from a wildly poorly constructed methodology to compensate for the fact that you don't even play StarCraft 2 Mafia - had you played even 300 games in the last year instead of scanning 10,000, this would be a different story. From these out-of-touch conclusions, you then proceed to make the judgement that racism is toxic, and thus it needs to go. But you have so far only discussed actioning anti-black and anti-semitic racism, and not even seen the full scale of it. Yet because the mod team states that racism is toxic and because their principle is that toxicity must be removed, racism must be removed, they also implicitly endorse racism against other non-white races. And by extension, because they do not action transphobia, homophobia, queerphobia, sexism - ("get back in the kitchen", "repeal the 19th", two sexist names/references I have seen in SC2 Mafia off the top of my head, as well as a SLEW of incel terminology such as cope, seethe, foid, legacy women, x-cel, x-maxxing, x-pilled, etc) - and ableism which almost outcompetes anti-black racism for its prolificity, they have either endorsed it or signed off on it as "not toxic", and thus handwaiving the discrimination that marginalized communities routinely face as "nothing worth actioning over." Are you truscum or tucutes? Do you support KKKiller Kyle or his victims of a racist attack? Is support for the fascist dictator Putin allowed in Mafia, knowing that he kills members of the Russian LGBT every day and waged a borderline genocidal war against the Chechens? Is support for Ukraine allowed in light that they have made a federal public holiday to celebrate an SS Officer and every other photo of Ukrainian troops contain a Swastika? Do you think that even if you did manage to navigate this constantly changing political landscape of ebbs and eddies of controversy, and choose the "right side" every time, that this would positively impact the StarCraft 2 Mafia community? Had you actually played your own game, you would have realized that 1) the overwhelming majority of Mafia players do not give a shit about any -ism, and they only care about a functioning lobby, 2) the overwhelming majority of Mafia players would not agree with you on most of your current or potential policies to exorcise the -isms from them, 3) the overwhelming majority of these -isms that come from SC2 Mafia players are done with little intention beyond an afterthought. They say "jogger" because it's the meme of the month. They say "Ray Getard" because it gives them a chuckle. They say "Digger Nick" not to evade a ban or censorship, but because it's so childish and dumb that it gives them a laugh - and then they forget about it and move on. The Klan doesn't play StarCraft 2. What do you think the actual conclusion of this would be? Suddenly by banning people who say jogger, they magically will stop being racist? That they will not view the out-of-touch mods with animosity? People come here to play a party game, not to submit to your specific political beliefs which is undoubtedly controversial even among circles of your own political ideology, and by the government and academic institutions. Not only will you fail due to your complete naivety, but you will destroy this tiny niche game-within-a-game and no one will remember why. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 198] Auteur : Lumi Date : March 20th, 2022 04:50 PM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? Did you actually read your own post? First, your methodologies are not posted. For all we know your list of slurs that your bot scanned for consisted of little more than the n-word and the k-word, when if you actually played the game the use of racial slurs stems far beyond the n word and also includes pun variations which would not be picked up for by the bot. Anti-Kurdish racism, Yugoslavian racism, anti-Chinese racism, anti-Indian racism, anti-Turkish racism etc, I have seen all of these in significant quantities, especially because they are now trendy. Saddam Hussein has gained a lot popularity in the last couple of years. Yugoslavian racism has always been present. Indian racism has always been present. Anti-Chinese racism has increased since the pandemic. Anti-Turkish racism became prevalent after the incursion of Turkey into the Syrian Civil War. Does your bot scan for references to "Kung Flu"? Does your bot scan for slurs in other languages? Does your bot scan for anglicizations? Does your bot scan for "Hohols", "gypsy", "riggers", "small hat", "long nose", "cockroach", "moon cricket", "snow monkey", "red skin", "shekels", "jungle asian", "pajeet", "kebab", "ass bandit", "hon", "AGP", "beaner", "ching chong", "wetback", "kang", "curry", "YWNBAW", "train", "locomotive", "oreo", "BBC", "sand people", "dunecoon", "towel head", "suicide bomber", "goy", "wumao", "mongoloid", "spic", "jogger", "george floyd", "fentanyl"...? I have seen every single one of these and variations of these. I doubt you were even a fraction as diligent because you don't even play the game. Your own post also says that these top 1% racists were always reported for unrelated offenses. They were caught by your bot because they weren't even playing the game. They joined a Mafia lobby with the express purpose to destroy the game, not participate. Their racism - which undoubtedly was merely copy pasting a wall of text of the n word which is the only thing your bot is capable of catching - was a tool to destroy a game, as well as through other means such as cheating and gamethrowing. This isn't even getting to the fact that you glossed over a key detail that would punch a gaping hole in your house of cards of a conclusion and that is that these people were not reported for racism, but for unrelated offenses. That ultimately, the overwhelming majority of the playerbase was not ticked off by this troublesome 1% because they were racist, but because they destroyed the lobbies they were in. If you actually played your own game now, you would see that every other lobby has explicit racism thrown around, but it is not in the form of spamming of wall of text. It is through elaborate puns, transient inside jokes, and mockery of other races. "Jogger" and variations of "jogger" were very popular during and around the Ahmaud Arbery trial, then tapered off. Your bot didn't catch that. "George floyd" and variations on it, including bizarre mockeries such as translating his name to Mandarin and pretending to be a member of the CCP speaking broken English, or pretending he was Croatian and mocking him through variations of Gjergj Floydci - popular during and after the George Floyd riots. Your bot didn't catch that. "Fentanyl fiend/addict/user/etc", "peaceful protestor" are also coded racist language for black people specific to a time period. Your bot didn't catch that. Nick Gurr, knee gga, your bot didn't catch these. What about the recent anti-Ukrainian sentiment? What about anti-Russian sentiment? Hohol and vatnik are racial slurs respectively, among more general anti-slavic slurs such as snow monkey and mongoloid. Is the StarCraft 2 Mafia team going to take a side in the war and crack down on one of these slurs? Both? What about the controversy around transgender folks, the sports debate, schools? AGP and biomedicalism remains a popular theory for the origins of being transgender in some spaces including the ones that would play SC2, while it is rejected wholesale as transphobic in other spaces and referring to someone as AGP is a transphobic slur. What is the StarCraft 2 Mafia's team on trans folks in women's sports? I have seen the names of trans athletes in StarCraft 2, your bot did not crack down on them. If you crack down on one type of racism, but not on other forms of discrimination, doesn't that imply that the StarCraft 2 Mafia team endorses transphobia and racism against the Roma? You show the willingness to moderate your game, remove these "toxic" elements from the community, and yet with this express purpose you do not crack down on ALL toxicity. Why hasn't the team made a stance on the Azov Battalion and Forgotten Weapons? Why hasn't the team made a stance on Texas passing landmark transphobic legislation that labels transitioning for minors as child abuse? Why hasn't the team made a stance on the Chinese and their role in COVID - is saying that the Chinese are behind COVID still racist, or now okay in light of recent endorsement by high profile American politicians? The silence from the SC2 Mafia team is DEAFENING on pitbulls, which are used by the far right as a dogwhistled proxy debate for racism in which pitbull is a stand in for black people - hence the overlap between white nationalists and anti-pitbullers and the reason why anti-pitbull memes originated on /pol/. Homophobia falls on deaf, straight ears in the Mafia team, where is the crack down on references to the Ass Bandit of Odessa, a humorous myth propagated to paint Ukrainians as a country of homosexual rapists? Where is the outcry from the team on references to "traps" - a transphobic slur? I have not seen you even mention the doubley ableist AND homophobic Mafia name of "Ray Getard". Does that mean the mod team views Ableism in StarCraft as acceptable now? The r slur is thrown left and right - yet no one in this thread has suggested punishment for it. You have drawn wildly poor conclusions from a wildly poorly constructed methodology to compensate for the fact that you don't even play StarCraft 2 Mafia - had you played even 300 games in the last year instead of scanning 10,000, this would be a different story. From these out-of-touch conclusions, you then proceed to make the judgement that racism is toxic, and thus it needs to go. But you have so far only discussed actioning anti-black and anti-semitic racism, and not even seen the full scale of it. Yet because the mod team states that racism is toxic and because their principle is that toxicity must be removed, racism must be removed, they also implicitly endorse racism against other non-white races. And by extension, because they do not action transphobia, homophobia, queerphobia, sexism - ("get back in the kitchen", "repeal the 19th", two sexist names/references I have seen in SC2 Mafia off the top of my head, as well as a SLEW of incel terminology such as cope, seethe, foid, legacy women, x-cel, x-maxxing, x-pilled, etc) - and ableism which almost outcompetes anti-black racism for its prolificity, they have either endorsed it or signed off on it as "not toxic", and thus handwaiving the discrimination that marginalized communities routinely face as "nothing worth actioning over." Are you truscum or tucutes? Do you support KKKiller Kyle or his victims of a racist attack? Is support for the fascist dictator Putin allowed in Mafia, knowing that he kills members of the Russian LGBT every day and waged a borderline genocidal war against the Chechens? Is support for Ukraine allowed in light that they have made a federal public holiday to celebrate an SS Officer and every other photo of Ukrainian troops contain a Swastika? Do you think that even if you did manage to navigate this constantly changing political landscape of ebbs and eddies of controversy, and choose the "right side" every time, that this would positively impact the StarCraft 2 Mafia community? Had you actually played your own game, you would have realized that 1) the overwhelming majority of Mafia players do not give a shit about any -ism, and they only care about a functioning lobby, 2) the overwhelming majority of Mafia players would not agree with you on most of your current or potential policies to exorcise the -isms from them, 3) the overwhelming majority of these -isms that come from SC2 Mafia players are done with little intention beyond an afterthought. They say "jogger" because it's the meme of the month. They say "Ray Getard" because it gives them a chuckle. They say "Digger Nick" not to evade a ban or censorship, but because it's so childish and dumb that it gives them a laugh - and then they forget about it and move on. The Klan doesn't play StarCraft 2. What do you think the actual conclusion of this would be? Suddenly by banning people who say jogger, they magically will stop being racist? That they will not view the out-of-touch mods with animosity? People come here to play a party game, not to submit to your specific political beliefs which is undoubtedly controversial even among circles of your own political ideology, and by the government and academic institutions. Not only will you fail due to your complete naivety, but you will destroy this tiny niche game-within-a-game and no one will remember why. Based on your poorly structured argument loaded with troll-bait and whataboutism, I am 99% sure you're just a bad-faith actor trying to stir shit. But on the 1% chance you're not, I'll give you a serious response. The script scanned for around half the words you listed. Expanding the list of included words barely changed the percentages because, surprising absolutely no one, it's the same group of people using slurs of every type, believe it or not - people that aren't closeted racists don't just casually use racial slurs for shits and giggles. You listed many more examples of hateful behavior that would not be tolerated, I very much appreciate your concern and interest in making the game a more welcoming place and encourage you to report such offenses and I will personally process the reports myself. You claimed the dataset was outdated, but that wasn't the case because when I made that post I had included over 500 of my own replays that had occurred in the last 3 months at the time. If you think that the ecosystem has changed since then, I encourage you to upload an archive of all of your own replays and I will run the script on just those games that you've played in as well as a list of slurs you want to be counted and I will run the script on that data set for you. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 199] Auteur : Renegade Date : March 20th, 2022 05:36 PM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? oh man who rezzed this thread XD -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 200] Auteur : Renegade Date : March 20th, 2022 05:38 PM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? The playerbase has increased since the crackdown on racist losers. There was also significant overlap between the set of racist losers and the set of trolls/griefers. Speaking from my experience, I quit playing because every game in the mod was just racist spam. It is definitely not like that anymore. I am very happy that the decision was made to clean up the racism despite it taking FAR too long. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 201] Auteur : Space Milk Date : March 20th, 2022 06:06 PM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? Virtually every lobby including the one I am playing in right now contains some problematic -ism that go unpassed because outside of one mod I see every now and then, you moderators do not play your own game. And furthermore, the players do not care enough to report. Like hell I'm going to help any of you and report it myself. I like this game. Frankly, my only bad experiences with this game were nearly 10 years ago when there was an overabundance of moderators who paid money for their position, then abused their privileges in lobbies. In fact that was part of the original reason why I even made this account in 2013, then stopped posting for nearly a decade. This game has been fine since I resumed around 2019 or so beyond slow lobbies. I seriously hope you all realize that as caretakers of a dying mod of a dying game - see the value in protecting and nurturing your creation, because it is fun and people like it, as opposed to killing it. There should be no need to make up a heroic grand narrative with a moral objective that is impossible to fulfill. If moral fulfillment is what you really want in your life, there are better vectors for that than StarCraft 2. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 202] Auteur : DJarJar Date : March 20th, 2022 06:19 PM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? Virtually every lobby including the one I am playing in right now contains some problematic -ism that go unpassed because outside of one mod I see every now and then, you moderators do not play your own game. And furthermore, the players do not care enough to report. Like hell I'm going to help any of you and report it myself. I like this game. Frankly, my only bad experiences with this game were nearly 10 years ago when there was an overabundance of moderators who paid money for their position, then abused their privileges in lobbies. In fact that was part of the original reason why I even made this account in 2013, then stopped posting for nearly a decade. This game has been fine since I resumed around 2019 or so beyond slow lobbies. I seriously hope you all realize your place as unpaid, unknown caretakers of a dying mod of a dying game - and then see the value in protecting and nurturing your creation, because it is fun and people like it. You don't need to make up a heroic grand narrative with a moral objective that is impossible to fulfill. If moral fulfillment is what you really want in your life, there are better vectors for that than StarCraft 2. Isn’t that what you’re doing? -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 203] Auteur : Lumi Date : March 20th, 2022 06:21 PM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? Virtually every lobby including the one I am playing in right now contains some problematic -ism that go unpassed because outside of one mod I see every now and then, you moderators do not play your own game. And furthermore, the players do not care enough to report. Like hell I'm going to help any of you and report it myself. I like this game. Frankly, my only bad experiences with this game were nearly 10 years ago when there was an overabundance of moderators who paid money for their position, then abused their privileges in lobbies. In fact that was part of the original reason why I even made this account in 2013, then stopped posting for nearly a decade. This game has been fine since I resumed around 2019 or so beyond slow lobbies. I seriously hope you all realize your place as unpaid, unknown caretakers of a dying mod of a dying game - and then see the value in protecting and nurturing your creation, because it is fun and people like it. You don't need to make up a heroic grand narrative with a moral objective that is impossible to fulfill. If moral fulfillment is what you really want in your life, there are better vectors for that than StarCraft 2. I am pretty sure I was just in the lobby you were referring to when you posted this, and the only problematic player from that lobby was FrankZappa. if you've played any number of games with him you would not be surprised to find out that he is indeed in that toxic 2% mentioned in the stats. Your posts and the fact that you necro'd this thread reads like you're just trying to stir shit, and so you've already been infracted once accordingly. As I mentioned to you in PMs: If that wasn't your intent and you do genuinely care If that wasn't your intent and you do genuinely think the methodology is lacking and have suggestions for how to improve it If that wasn't your intent and you have a set of replays that are more recent that you would like analyzed If that wasn't your intent and you have the technical proficiency to help improve the script and would like to help If it's any of those things, then message me on Discord and I'd be happy to talk to you more about them (Lag#0773) But otherwise I have no choice but to take your posts and actions on face-value and assume you're just trying to stir shit. I did just play a game with you though in the Arcade, and you seemed nice enough, so maybe I should give you more benefit of the doubt? Look forward to hearing from you and getting your help and input on how to improve the community -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 204] Auteur : theoneceko Date : March 20th, 2022 06:22 PM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? Isn’t that what you’re doing? Isn't that what you're doing? -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 205] Auteur : DJarJar Date : March 20th, 2022 09:12 PM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? Isn't that what you're doing? No u -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 206] Auteur : Helz Date : March 20th, 2022 10:49 PM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? Virtually every lobby including the one I am playing in right now contains some problematic -ism that go unpassed because outside of one mod I see every now and then, you moderators do not play your own game. And furthermore, the players do not care enough to report. Like hell I'm going to help any of you and report it myself. I like this game. Frankly, my only bad experiences with this game were nearly 10 years ago when there was an overabundance of moderators who paid money for their position, then abused their privileges in lobbies. In fact that was part of the original reason why I even made this account in 2013, then stopped posting for nearly a decade. This game has been fine since I resumed around 2019 or so beyond slow lobbies. I seriously hope you all realize your place as unpaid, unknown caretakers of a dying mod of a dying game - and then see the value in protecting and nurturing your creation, because it is fun and people like it. You don't need to make up a heroic grand narrative with a moral objective that is impossible to fulfill. If moral fulfillment is what you really want in your life, there are better vectors for that than StarCraft 2. Over the last 10 years I have had a very good understanding of how people got where they were. If you have any real reason to think someone got where they were by paying feel free to substantiate it. I do get your point on over moderation although I also do not agree with how you applied it. I have a very personal understanding of how it feels when bad moderators label you as hateful but a lot of it comes down to the 'why.' When its the community saying they do not want to deal with pedo/racist role play and people are arguing its just part of the game it is very different than moderators enforcing their world view or framing people as hateful out of context. At the end of the day from a utilitarianist perspective moderation is about creating an environment for people to have fun in. When the majority of players have an issue with a small groups behavior that small group should get moderated. That has nothing to do with the personal openions of the moderators. In my experience with shitty communities when moderators go on power trips you can identify patterns of them saying 1 thing to the community and doing something totally different in action. And taking extreme liberty's with how rules are interpreted while working to silence discussion about their actions. That said, I think you do genuinely care and have a legitimate complaint but you are absolutely going about it in the wrong way and on the wrong issues. I think you are somewhat getting dog piled here but you are also getting pigeon holed into supporting a pro-racist/sexist/nazi/pedo position. It may be good for you to clarify what your position is if it is not to allow for those extremes of speech. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 207] Auteur : rumox Date : March 21st, 2022 12:29 AM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? The most intrusive moderation during live gameplay is simply changing a name. Everything else is dealt with in the report section. Just FYI if you think the lack of live moderation = lol mods don't play. Beyond that, don't really see what you're crying over? Based on post history you like playing with nazis and being racist so I can only infer that you also don't like that you can now be reported for being racist? -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 208] Auteur : Auwt Date : March 21st, 2022 05:28 AM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? There are virtually no new players, and those who do play are overwhelmingly open to black and disturbing humor, just look at Arcade General chat or the chat of any random lobby. SC2 is one of few unmoderated games left on the market, and it has cultivated a user base that reflects that - along with collecting "refugees" from other games that have become moderated. Stringent moderator action would actually drive away new players. If we were talking about Battlefield or Halo this would make sense. 1 ) While there are not a lot of them, there are new players. 2 ) No. It's just that the ones who are open to racism make so much noise. 3 ) Indeed, Arcade General chat is open to racism, yet semi-controlled by Blizzard themselves, should you try to shout slurs there, and hopefully you will get silenced in the upcoming week. 4 ) Some players are the problem, and that "some" refers to a minority of players. Lot of them have already been taken down, and while we cannot ensure there is absolutely no racism anymore, as far as I am aware, things are going much better than it used to be years before. 5 ) And as a personal note, I am open to any new players, and usually those are not the ones causing problem and getting punished (apart from the Smurf accounts). In fact, a lot of the people causing troubles with their in-game behaviour are players who used to it for years and now cannot reform themselve on that matter. Apart from that, you stated in your next post the use of words that would not be detected by the bot. That's true some of them would not have been detected. However, what I can tell you, is that those words are almost exclusively used by the ones who are already recorded on other more "findable" words (like n-word and so on). So all in all, there certainly is a tiny missing sample, but the largest of them were caught by the bot. Please understand that applying punishment to those who misbehave harshly is only performed to make the game cleaner. No one can stand having a game with 5 to 6 players naming themselves/using slurs related to pedophilia, racism in any sort whatsoever. If you do, well then I have nothing to tell you anymore. I've myself been renaming several players lately, and warning them the same way. Should they go that way again, they would be punished accordingly, some abide and everything goes okay, some don't and well, you know the story. Just for your information, there are some players who are currently having more than 6 reports related to racism in less than a year, as well as being repeatedly told they should stop, and new reports may be flowing against them. Those are the ones to get rid of, and nobody should miss them It might be hard to reach a point where there is no more racism and any sort of hate speech, that's for sure, but we are all humans, and as this statement tells we should be able to respect each other. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 209] Auteur : Voss Date : March 21st, 2022 07:04 AM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? I just responded because i find it great fun to be super sarcastic to obvious bigot defenders. Some random shows up here and accuses Lag of making up numbers for some narrative? Come on. This guy's not worth the time. With that being said, I actually challenge anyone to find an example here in SC2 that these well constructed logical posts actually convinced them to changed their mind. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 210] Auteur : MrMostache Date : March 21st, 2022 10:38 AM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? Here are some recent mafia reviews. 28423 -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 211] Auteur : OzyWho Date : March 21st, 2022 11:34 AM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? Here are some recent mafia reviews. 28423 Those sentiments nigh on identical to my own negative impressions of when I started playing again. What made me come back instead of straight up leaving were the good games though. Sometimes you get games full of decent adults who're also good players. A joy all around. Sometimes you get games full of people whom you just don't want to be around whatsoever, but also the games themselves are bad (no trial for days and days, town lynching confirmed townies, mafia killing confirmed neutrals, you name it). I think the average behavior is in-between, pretty much where Lag showed it is. But the first impressions felt more extreme and it took a while to calibrate. Currently my main demotivator to join a game is the vast disparity between the average skills between different games. You get from Town just annihilating the opposition, where everyone solves and works together, to Town not voting nor uttering a word of inquisition for days until they become the minority. I find that -Mafia- games are more enjoyable when expectations and reality correlate well. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 212] Auteur : Marshmallow Marshall Date : March 21st, 2022 02:27 PM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? Disclaimer: I'm a Forum Mafia admin, so I don't really touch the Arcade-related stuff (because it's not my job), but since this is on the forum, I'm allowing myself to step in a little bit. I'm gonna ditto Lag's call to use private channels for such talks, especially when it has been consistently asked for. This thread's very title doesn't strike me as "let's discuss how to improve the game", but rather as "let's berate staff", and you've been necroing it... Considering what I've seen from you, I think there is at least a part of you that is genuine in loving the game and wanting to improve it. But there's something very clear: this is not the right way to enact changes for the better and to improve the community. At best, nothing will happen, and at worst, drama will be stirred, which is detrimental to a fun environment. Apart from that, just during the last week, I have encountered three players on SC2 who spontaneously told me they didn't play Mafia because people were way too "toxic"/"racist"/"bitching". So while I do think some people would be annoyed by moderating slurs, the amount of people annoyed by the existence of such slurs turned away from the game seems to be much higher. Lag's statistics point towards this conclusion too. As for reports: they're useful. Not only do they eventually remove the culprits, they act as a deterrent. Saying reports do nothing after failing to report rulebreaking is a self-fulfilling prophecy. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 213] Auteur : JagdPanther Date : March 21st, 2022 09:27 PM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? Here are some recent mafia reviews. 28423 What the hell? If the blame for the current state of this game can be pinned on one person, that person is You! Keep ignoring blatant racists that spam racial slurs in the first 5 seconds of the replays you review and focus instead on players you have personal vendettas against: https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php/49359-Selective-Punishment The only thing you should be doing in this thread is apologizing for the state you've allowed this game to fall into. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- [Post 214] Auteur : Lumi Date : March 21st, 2022 09:58 PM Title : Re: Do Admins actually play arcade? What the hell? If the blame for the current state of this game can be pinned on one person, that person is You! Keep ignoring blatant racists that spam racial slurs in the first 5 seconds of the replays you review and focus instead on players you have personal vendettas against: https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php/49359-Selective-Punishment The only thing you should be doing in this thread is apologizing for the state you've allowed this game to fall into. Hi Jagd, if you have an issue with a member of the staff and believe there has been an abuse of power, I will hear and address your case personally myself. You may either message me on Discord directly (Lag#0773, also in the Sc2Mafia server) or you may message me in PMs. I look forward to hearing from you. Anyway this thread has been necro'd and derailed several times now and should have been locked a while ago. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-