PDA

View Full Version : It's Gambit Time! a.k.a. The Puppet Show

Klaus
July 11th, 2012, 01:31 AM
Alright, so I've been considering pulling a gambit after yesterday's problems. The town is going to mass role claim tomorrow. There's no way around it. Except one.

I'm considering having Paul role claim (assuming he is still alive), and, therefore, I am proposing that we shoot Jin and Wedge tonight (two known minor Town targets). We might even get really lucky and have the Brotherhood kill Leia/Mkoll/Jabba/Brady tonight.

Consider this:

Hey bitches, guess what? I'm the Devourer.

Yeah, that's right. Out in the open. "Why would he role claim?" you might think. The answer is simple: I win.

How do I win? I've done the math. Town is the minority. Scum is the majority. With a witch, many Enclave and several Brotherhood, we outnumber the town. Neither mafia will shoot me because I win with both of them. Neither mafia will lynch me because I win with both of them.

So, here is my proposal:

There is no lynch today. None of you have to role claim. I don't want to get into this ridiculous feud between the two warring mafia factions. I don't know all of your roles and I don't care to know. You guys can fight it out amongst yourselves while I devour the town.

Tonight, I will devour Tebow as he is being supplied with guns. You guys can feel free to shoot whoever you want, though I suggest the Enclave shoot Jabba and the Brotherhood shoot Leia tonight so we can trim the town numbers before you cannibalize each other.

Witch, please direct Leia into Vader just in case he decides to go on alert tonight.

I almost wonder if the town should just suicide...

Note: the last line is a reference to Wicket to devour Mkoll (who is likely the gunsmith). If the town actually has a KPN, I will change the final sentence to get Wicket to devour Tebow/Leia, depending on who probably has the gun (probably Leia). With no lynch, we would end up shooting Rawne and Tebow (they would probably shoot one of us. Let's assume Monica), leaving us with:

-Klaus (+ Paul, +Rodgers)
-Law
-Gaunt
-Nina
-Monica (shot tomorrow)

-Wicket
-Han (Witch)

-Jabba

-Vader
-Leia
-Brady
-Tarkin/Luke
[s]-Tebow (shot tomorrow)
-Mkoll (devoured tomorrow)
-Wedge (shot tonight)
-Jin (shot tonight)

-Luke/Tarkin
-Rawne (shot tomorrow)

It is now 6v6 and we win because we have 3 KPN vs our opponent's 1 KPN.

The only flaw in this plan is if one of our own is shot tonight (hopefully the town is lying and they do not have any guns).

However, the plan becomes instantly viable again if the Brotherhood shoots Leia/Tebow/Brady/Tarkin/Luke/Jabba.

If the Town/BoS/neutrals turn on Paul, it's still a win-win. They lynch a Puppet, leaving not only Wicket alive, but also one of our voting members. The BoS won't risk shooting Klaus/Wicket/Rodgers because they won't know which one is the real Devourer (unless they have a Consig...).

I think it's a pretty good risk, depending on what happens after tonight.

Law
July 11th, 2012, 11:52 AM
Sounds like a good plan. You should have Rodgers post before Paul does though saying that he checked Paul and he came up as suspicious. It would make the incoming role claim much more plausible.

Law
July 11th, 2012, 11:52 AM
As for kill targets, Tebow might be a better one if he has weapons.