PDA

View Full Version : Night 3: Reunion

Forum Mafia GM
June 29th, 2012, 04:16 PM
“This NCR Ranger Outfit Alpha, please acknowledge Vault-Tec facility.”

“Yo, roger that! Roxy here, Outfit Alpha! Come to pay us a visit?”

“Why yes ma'am, ground troopers will be marching up the valley shortly. Y'all have control of those turrets?”

“Copy that, Outfit Alpha, I have the controls right here in my control booth. You fellers in the mood for a song on Galaxy Radio?”

“Hehe, perhaps Roxy! Okay bring down the defences as soon as we... wait... Corporal do you see--- AMBUSH AMBUSH AMBUSH!”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ec0XKhAHR5I

The vault klaxons began sounding; the noise was deafening but it didn't matter. As the steel doors rolled back, you felt the brush of a cool breeze on your face for the first time in nine years.

Blinking in the harsh light of the sun, you left the vault with the rest of the survivors. The scorched wasteland made everyone around you falter as you saw the destruction of the war for the first time.

Similar scenes were playing out in front of you as other groups of survivors emerged from their own personal hells. You even recognised some of them from before the War but they seemed... different. What could Vault-Tec have done to warrant such sorrow in their eyes?

The bark of gunfire echoed through the courtyard, and everyone instinctively ducked for cover. Making your way to the crest of the valley you stumbled across a new sort of hell – the battlefield.

In the mouth of the valley, lightly armoured troopers huddled behind cover. Scorched corpses in the valley no doubt indicated that the Vault-Tec base defences were still online, and armoured figures maintained a withering fire against the colonnade.

The Vault-Tec PA system flared into life.

“Uh, this is Roxy. Patching you all into comm traffic now...”

“This is the Brotherhood of Steel, addressing the NCR. We have you surrounded. Your only path of retreat is into the Vault-Tec installation and their defence array; Brotherhood of Steel agents are already working to take over control of the facility and its systems, lay down your arms.”

“Roxy! This is Outfit Alpha. Do not, I repeat, do not turn off the base defence systems until you are sure your installation is secure! We will dig in here, when you are certain that the enemy agents are dead we can disable the turrets long enough to retreat into the valley. If the enemy have eyes and ears in the compound they will have the opportunity to counter-attack while we are vulnerable and moving.”

“Vault-Tec Installation, this is the Enclave. We represent the interests of the true American government. Co-operate or face the consequences. Verti-bird teams are en route to you now. Disable the anti-aircraft batteries in your facility or our strike force will take extreme measures.”

The crack of automatic gunfire permeated the air, along with the stench of burned flesh and the whir of vertibird rotors closing in. Everyone in the courtyard stood up and eyed each other suspiciously.

Let the end begin.

---

Day 4 will begin at approximately this time:

http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i...rday+30th+June (http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=11.00pm+GMT+Saturday+30th+June)

There are no night actions!

Day 4 will begin in this forum - congratulations if you made it to the surface alive!