PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion: Please lower Executions

SayGen
June 26th, 2012, 05:26 PM
As players (mafia as a whole) continue to gather points the more likely they are to get the extended death. (5K points I believe)
I suggest making a HOST controlled option to have a shorten death sequence.

Spead up Mafia.

More game play, less Fluff.

Thanks

creedkingsx
June 26th, 2012, 06:09 PM
You just don't like games lasting a long time at all, do you? Shave off every second possible.

SayGen
June 26th, 2012, 06:24 PM
Not true. You need time at Day, Trial, and Night.
Why is everything Black and White with people on these forums.
There is a balance called GRAY.

I want less fluff, more gameplay. Gameplay requires time.
There is a balance I personally (IMHO) think there is too much time.
just my opinion.

Glip
June 26th, 2012, 06:31 PM
You just don't like games lasting a long time at all, do you? Shave off every second possible.

Just like all those people that ragequit if day is longer than 60 seconds or night is longer than 30... or if night sequence is on (despite the fact night sequence gives you more information on what happened that night)... or if the game starts at day/no lynch... or if there's no sk to increase the kpn... or if they're expected to have a single coherent thought.

Honestly though, the most any extended death adds to the execution graphic is what, 5 seconds? Even if you had a full game, no one ever died at night, everyone had to be lynched, and everyone got the extended death, that's 13 lynches, times 5 extra seconds per lynch, which is a *gasp* unforgivable 65 seconds of gametime. God forbid we be made to suffer such a hellishly long wait for the sake of flashiness.

SayGen
June 26th, 2012, 07:29 PM
Just like all those people that ragequit if day is longer than 60 seconds or night is longer than 30... or if night sequence is on (despite the fact night sequence gives you more information on what happened that night)... or if the game starts at day/no lynch... or if there's no sk to increase the kpn... or if they're expected to have a single coherent thought.

Honestly though, the most any extended death adds to the execution graphic is what, 5 seconds? Even if you had a full game, no one ever died at night, everyone had to be lynched, and everyone got the extended death, that's 13 lynches, times 5 extra seconds per lynch, which is a *gasp* unforgivable 65 seconds of gametime. God forbid we be made to suffer such a hellishly long wait for the sake of flashiness.

Honestly, given you replies to my threads i'm going to go ahead and call you out as a troll and ignore ytou further till you prove your capable of understanding the perspective of others.

You continue to take what I say and offer as solution as an extreme.
I asked for a host controlled option to minimize certain events in the game that do not add to gameplay.

I support Night sequence. (can you find where I said I didn't? Then why did you put me in the same group as those that do?)
I support no lynch when I'm forced to play D1 over N1 set ups- which at the moment im refusing to do.
My current save has no SK.
I support players who are capable of thinking intelegently, and do so when playing with me.

Thanks for trolling my threads.

McKinley
June 26th, 2012, 07:32 PM
I think he was making a point that got missed by you taking it as an attack.

Glip
June 26th, 2012, 07:48 PM
Honestly, given you replies to my threads i'm going to go ahead and call you out as a troll and ignore ytou further till you prove your capable of understanding the perspective of others.

You continue to take what I say and offer as solution as an extreme.
I asked for a host controlled option to minimize certain events in the game that do not add to gameplay.

I support Night sequence. (can you find where I said I didn't? Then why did you put me in the same group as those that do?)
I support no lynch when I'm forced to play D1 over N1 set ups- which at the moment im refusing to do.
My current save has no SK.
I support players who are capable of thinking intelegently, and do so when playing with me.

Thanks for trolling my threads.

My first statement was intended towards creedkingsx. It was not intended towards you, nor were you one of the people being referred to in it. I'm sorry if you misunderstood it.

You must however, admit, that your suggestion, while perfectly valid, is impractical. You're talking about saving at most 20-25 seconds in a game, while requiring DR to make yet another addition to his script (which is already at maximum capacity until the next patch) among countless others which have already been suggested and planned which provide meaningful additions and enhancements to game mechanics, UI, roles, etc.

I don't know how DR has programmed his script, but given that there are no existing host options that relate to execution animations, it would probably be rather arduous to add the scripting for a whole new category of options.

I'm not saying it's a stupid suggestion, just that DR has more important things to be concerned with at the moment. I did not intend to troll. I apologize if I came off that way.

Ambient
June 26th, 2012, 08:12 PM
speed*

SayGen
June 26th, 2012, 09:58 PM
speed*

yes yes yes. Same typo 2X in a row.

I type for the purposes of communication not to the amusment of grammar queens.

Pokemon Trainer Red
June 27th, 2012, 03:39 AM

Guess I better pack my bags and go :(

Cryptonic
June 27th, 2012, 07:53 AM
I have a suggestion if you wanna play more games in less periods of time.

If you get repicked, stop leaving.

LeaD
June 27th, 2012, 09:31 AM
acquire second sc2 key - start second game in another window - multitable sc2 mafia style

Lysergic
June 27th, 2012, 10:00 AM

Lawl. Because using proper grammar has NOTHING to do with effectively communicating.

SayGen
June 29th, 2012, 10:22 AM
I have a suggestion if you wanna play more games in less periods of time.

If you get repicked, stop leaving.

Stop entering games and saying every game that isn't ur save is OMG TROLL REPICK NOW
QUICK RPEICK..
OMG FAIL
BAD HOSt.
FAIL

REPICK

Sorry bro I got the numbers on my side
1.12:1 ratio for Town/NonTown wins.
That's a pretty balanced save esp considering how many Randoms I was able to get in there.

I'm proud of my save.
I want quality games, as well as quanitity. Thanks for trolling another one of my post with your useless comments that have no construtive thought in them whatsoever. GG kid.

SayGen
June 29th, 2012, 10:24 AM
Lawl. Because using proper grammar has NOTHING to do with effectively communicating.

If yuo can read this sentence I am properly communicating. Guess what that previous sentence isn't correct.
GG kid.

Arocdnicg to rsceearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn’t mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer are in the rghit pcale. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit pobelrm. Tihs is buseace the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe

Bruno
June 29th, 2012, 11:28 AM
Stop entering games and saying every game that isn't ur save is OMG TROLL REPICK NOW
QUICK RPEICK..
OMG FAIL
BAD HOSt.
FAIL

REPICK

Sorry bro I got the numbers on my side
1.12:1 ratio for Town/NonTown wins.
That's a pretty balanced save esp considering how many Randoms I was able to get in there.

I'm proud of my save.
I want quality games, as well as quanitity. Thanks for trolling another one of my post with your useless comments that have no construtive thought in them whatsoever. GG kid.

God, you're so mad. Rage less, bro. I've played with you before, and yes, you're a bitch. Not even trolling, don't care if I get an infraction if you can't tell.

Seriously, stop being such a butt hurt fucker. Go outside and play or something.

Blazer
June 29th, 2012, 10:23 PM
There is a grey area on this forum. its the background. everything else is black or white...or red...with blood of trolls...

SirBlayzalot
June 29th, 2012, 11:09 PM
lmao @ this guy being brilliant enough to pull ratios and probabilities out of his ass... but can't form a cohesive sentence... if you want to be taken more seriously, use spell check... no one wants to try and guess at what you're saying, and hence no one will read in it's entirety...

creedkingsx
June 29th, 2012, 11:33 PM
Arocdnicg to rsceearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn’t mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer are in the rghit pcale. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit pobelrm. Tihs is buseace the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe

It's not a matter of what the human mind is capable of understanding, it is a matter of professionalism. You expect to be treated seriously when you display the typing skills of a 12 year old from the 80's. If you applied for a high end job and they required an essay for why you deserved to have the job, and you gave them something with the grammar you show, you would be kicked out, yet you seem like you'd expect to be regarded equally with other interviewees for the job.

EagleMan
June 30th, 2012, 12:13 AM
This just in: Rearranging the letters is the same exact thing as every single other grammar mistake.

This also just in: Being an effective communicator requires no effort put into presentation.

Blazer
June 30th, 2012, 12:32 AM
This just in: Rearranging the letters is the same exact thing as every single other grammar mistake.

This also just in: Being an effective communicator requires no effort put into presentation.

Extra! Extra! This just in!: Eagleman got jokes!
Please vote now to determine if they are funny or just insulting!

Duzero
June 30th, 2012, 02:02 AM
The best kind: funny and insulting!

Brendan
June 30th, 2012, 02:03 AM
Ambient is just tearing this kid up.

Blazer
June 30th, 2012, 07:41 AM
The best kind: funny and insulting!

You read my mind.

Duzero
June 30th, 2012, 07:47 AM
You read my mind.

I am your mind.

Blazer
June 30th, 2012, 07:49 AM
I am your mind.

I have a pretty lame mind then. ^^

Duzero
June 30th, 2012, 07:51 AM
I have a pretty lame mind then. ^^

-.- you're dead

hidden

Blazer
June 30th, 2012, 07:54 AM
Hidden

I mind dead. Isn't that pretty lame?

Duzero
June 30th, 2012, 07:59 AM
Brain...dead....you a zombie?

SayGen
June 30th, 2012, 08:01 AM
There is a grey area on this forum. its the background. everything else is black or white...or red...with blood of trolls...

Sadly this seems to be the case. The intelectual level on these forums is staggering.
I had to teach what WIFOM was all about, earlier today- As well as where it comes from.

Amazing how little culture people have- it's a tragedy that people havn't seen the Princess Bride growing up.

SayGen
June 30th, 2012, 08:04 AM
It's not a matter of what the human mind is capable of understanding, it is a matter of professionalism. You expect to be treated seriously when you display the typing skills of a 12 year old from the 80's. If you applied for a high end job and they required an essay for why you deserved to have the job, and you gave them something with the grammar you show, you would be kicked out, yet you seem like you'd expect to be regarded equally with other interviewees for the job.

I'm 23 years old and have to file reports everyday for my job as an Xray tech. Spell check and proper formating are part of my job. But guess what I odn't get paid to tpye correctly here. and for hte last time i'm not intrested in your opinion of me. I prove myself to only my firends and family. No one ese.
Done being trolled, Good night.

Duzero
June 30th, 2012, 08:06 AM
Sadly this seems to be the case. The intelectual level on these forums is staggering.
I had to teach what WIFOM was all about, earlier today- As well as where it comes from.

Amazing how little culture people have- it's a tragedy that people havn't seen the Princess Bride growing up.

WIFOM is banned on these forums.

SayGen
June 30th, 2012, 08:06 AM
lmao @ this guy being brilliant enough to pull ratios and probabilities out of his ass... but can't form a cohesive sentence... if you want to be taken more seriously, use spell check... no one wants to try and guess at what you're saying, and hence no one will read in it's entirety...

You odn't have to guess, it's pretty obvious that when I just mispelled 'Don't' as 'odn't' what that word really is.
If you have to struggle to read- you have my pity. I'm done with you trolls for the night. g'night.

Blazer
June 30th, 2012, 08:25 AM
A recent study has shown that all you need is the first and last letter of the word. The rest can be mixed up and you can still form the word inside your mind. WORDCEPTION!

Duzero
June 30th, 2012, 08:34 AM
WRODCPITOEN!

Blazer
June 30th, 2012, 08:39 AM
WRODCPITOEN!

icwatudidthere

Duzero
June 30th, 2012, 08:41 AM
icwatudidthere

but it doesnt work, i cant understand it :(

EagleMan
June 30th, 2012, 12:09 PM
Mostly because it's a madeup word that you've probably never seen before so your mind hasn't yet established a mental shortcut for it. As an amalgamation though it was close enough for my mind to pick up since I'm familiarized with its constituent parts.

It's not like it actually takes effort to type properly. The reason that in your job you are paid to type/write properly is because it is professional. You aren't being paid to do it because that's just what your boss likes. People who act professionally are taken seriously, so if you want to be taken seriously, then typing properly will help you achieve that. Otherwise, stop complaining. If you don't want to type properly then accept the consequences - you can't be a selfish prick and want it both ways (especially because that makes it even worse, as you can see how derailed your topic has now become because you oh so valiantly had to take a stand).

SayGen
June 30th, 2012, 12:15 PM
Mostly because it's a madeup word that you've probably never seen before so your mind hasn't yet established a mental shortcut for it. As an amalgamation though it was close enough for my mind to pick up since I'm familiarized with its constituent parts.

It's not like it actually takes effort to type properly. The reason that in your job you are paid to type/write properly is because it is professional. You aren't being paid to do it because that's just what your boss likes. People who act professionally are taken seriously, so if you want to be taken seriously, then typing properly will help you achieve that. Otherwise, stop complaining. If you don't want to type properly then accept the consequences - you can't be a selfish prick and want it both ways (especially because that makes it even worse, as you can see how derailed your topic has now become because you oh so valiantly had to take a stand).

All i'm saying is that i've never been a grammar queen to anyone else.
It's a cheap shot to pick at grammar when you have nothing better to say.
I agree with most of what you said. It is more professional. But is Mafia a professional enviroment? No
Are these forums a professional enviroment? No

All i'm saying man, all I'm saying.