PDA

View Full Version : Day 2: Day of the Dead

Forum Mafia GM
June 26th, 2012, 04:28 PM
Hey folks, Roxy again with Galaxy Radio wishing you a good morning!

Seems like something tragic happened last night. Rachel seems to have been decapitated!

Rachel was a... Detective!

She left a last will:

In case I wasn't cleaned, I was in jail. If I am dead, then I was killed by Devourer, although he seemed trusting of me for the time. Dunno. We will see.

This is a shocking development.

Things aren't quite so easy down there, it seems.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-DUq4ylZ5o

---

Graveyard:

Rachel (Detective): Executed via decapitation. [Night 1]

Paul
June 26th, 2012, 04:36 PM
Okay, well...that's a little terrifying. We have a freaking Devourer in our Vault.

Was anyone else jailed? Perhaps we have both a Devourer and a Jailor in our vault to cause confusion? That would make sense.

Paul
June 26th, 2012, 04:47 PM
From the Role Card:

If a target is executed [by Devourer] it will appear to be the same as a jailor execution.

I'm not entirely sure that "decapitation" constitutes the same as a jailor execution...

Paul
June 26th, 2012, 05:08 PM
I'm a little suspicious of Ben right now. Re-reading Day One, he was the first to bring up the Hidden Wastelanders (killing neutrals), possibly wondering where the Devourer role fits on the role list:

Can Hidden Wastelanders on the role list be neutral killers? In the rolecards thread they're named Wasteland Wanderers

He also said this:

Only the lucky few who will make it out alive are going to be famous. Question is, who's it going to be? I sense that the force is not strong in Phoebe and Rachel. They may need some shepherding.

With Rachel dead (and our Detective gone), should we expect Phoebe to be dead tomorrow?

This is not an accusation, merely an observation.

Phoebe
June 26th, 2012, 05:08 PM
nothing happened to me last nite

Wicket
June 26th, 2012, 05:17 PM
Well maybe we have a Lawyer and a Fabricator in our Vault. Or a Jailor / Devourer. Or both of them and a witch.

Was somebody attacked, attacked and healed, bus driven or role blocked, last night?

Biggs
June 26th, 2012, 05:28 PM
i ain't recieve naww pms

Wicket
June 26th, 2012, 05:45 PM
Or the Jailor just thought Rachel was scum. Well, one way or the other i seriously hope this Vault wakes up today. I feel we will have a bad night today...

Phoebe
June 26th, 2012, 05:47 PM
I'm a little suspicious of Ben right now. Re-reading Day One, he was the first to bring up the Hidden Wastelanders (killing neutrals), possibly wondering where the Devourer role fits on the role list:

He also said this:

With Rachel dead (and our Detective gone), should we expect Phoebe to be dead tomorrow?

This is not an accusation, merely an observation.

big bad ben wnts head vigi dead. vigi guild is not amused! docs on me and i will bring justice!! 8)

Biggs
June 26th, 2012, 06:18 PM
benjamin you naughty boy

Wicket
June 26th, 2012, 06:51 PM
The day has "Only" 20 hours left...

Klaus
June 26th, 2012, 07:40 PM
Nothing happende to me last night, ja.

Only kill came from a devourer or jailor, ja? Zis must mean zere is very little mafia in our vault?

Wicket, why would ze jailor think Rachel is scum? She clearly must have claimed detective unless her last will was edited, no?

Paul
June 26th, 2012, 07:59 PM
The day has "Only" 20 hours left...

Well, we've been so successful with scum hunting, herp derping all this time.

So nothing happened to anyone? Nothing happened to me either. Sigh.

Lei? Rodgers? Bragg? Ben?

Wicket
June 26th, 2012, 08:05 PM
Nothing happende to me last night, ja.

Only kill came from a devourer or jailor, ja? Zis must mean zere is very little mafia in our vault?

Wicket, why would ze jailor think Rachel is scum? She clearly must have claimed detective unless her last will was edited, no?

Don't ask me, ask the Jailor, ja?

Lei
June 26th, 2012, 08:09 PM
Ok nobody visted me that I know of. Phoebe I still don't understand why you started a train on me I got 4 votes and I could have been dead for nothing. If you wanted to see who was going to vote why did you pick me and not someone else?

Ben seemed protown to me I think that he was just being careful. If he was devourer why would he be one of the biggest posters? I think that a devourer would try to hide. Not that I am devuorer it's just that nobody replied when I was on so I left after my post.

Rodgers
June 26th, 2012, 10:09 PM
hello everyone. i am dissapointed at getting no pms from the game master.

i think the devourer is someone who is lying low but not too low, like maybe lei, biggs, klaus, or bragg. im not sure

Rodgers
June 26th, 2012, 10:11 PM
poor rachel tho. i dont want to get my head cut off! :sad:

Bragg
June 27th, 2012, 08:47 AM
hey vaulties I got a surprise for you I didnt get any pms either :)

seems off that nothing happens to anyone with 10 players in the vault. maybe we got a lot of shitizens or actions without messages. too bad the detective is dead because she couldve found out about the actions without a message. a jailor wouldnt kill a detective claim night 1 so must be a devourer eating our faces. probably Paul or Wicket

Wicket
June 27th, 2012, 10:08 AM
Obi van where are thou?

Klaus
June 27th, 2012, 10:19 AM
Obi dead kenobi?! Mein Gott!

Klaus
June 27th, 2012, 10:22 AM
Hmm...zat will look terrible on me if Ben dies tomorrow, ja?

Obi live kenobi!

Paul
June 27th, 2012, 10:55 AM
Funny how I grew suspicious of Ben and then he is conveniently absent for the entire day.

Care to chime in before day ends, Ben?

Wicket
June 27th, 2012, 11:56 AM
I took the time to reread Day1 (lol). I think you are all really scummy. :D

Everyone just lurks. :[

It seems like the majority of this vault is just neutral or mafia.

Super boring!

Paul
June 27th, 2012, 12:23 PM
I took the time to reread Day1 (lol). I think you are all really scummy. :D

I'm sure that took a lot of time.

Everyone just lurks. :[

It seems like the majority of this vault is just neutral or mafia.

Super boring!

Well, there's a Devourer on the loose and we have no leads. Looking scummy would be a good thing in this scenario.

And it's not like you're not scummy yourself.

Wicket
June 27th, 2012, 12:52 PM
http://nerdcoretheology.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/you-dont-say.png?w=490

Wicket
June 27th, 2012, 01:06 PM
Btw guys. We had 6 deaths last night. So i guess we have another killer in here. Probably the one with the Flame thrower.

Paul
June 27th, 2012, 01:26 PM
Btw guys. We had 6 deaths last night. So i guess we have another killer in here. Probably the one with the Flame thrower.

Umm, what?

Wicket
June 27th, 2012, 01:46 PM
Just check the Members section of the forums. You can see who is dead there.

Paul
June 27th, 2012, 02:48 PM
Just check the Members section of the forums. You can see who is dead there.

Why would you assume we have another killer in here though?

(nice catch on the Members section btw.)

Ben
June 27th, 2012, 02:50 PM
Sorry for my absence. I had a busy day.

I wonder if we are supposed to be able to see who died in other vaults. I was under the impression that we were isolated from the rest of the players so I expected that it would be hidden.

As far as your suspicions of me are concerned, I asked questions about the hidden wastelanders because those two were the only confirmed non-town players on our roles list. It can be expected that one or two of the hidden any players are mafia, but if the hidden wastelanders did not include neutral killers then the chance of a having a neutral killer inside our vault would've been very slim. Knowing this ahead of time might have been important.

Trust me when I say that I'm competent enough not to ask questions about my own role publically when I'm playing a neutral that can't win with the town. The last thing you need when playing such a role is to let someone make connections like you just did, Paul. Considering you are one of the few players who is actually letting others in on your thoughts and searching for motive I would have expected you to see that I'm not the kind of player who digs his own grave so easily. If anything, the devourer is trying to implicate me because it was convenient that I asked questions about neutrals and he expected someone to bring that up. I mentioned Rachel and Phoebe as two players who might need some encouragement to play normally rather than trolling and random lynching just for kicks. So I don't see what point you're trying to make by connecting that post to last night's decapitation.

You look like you are trying quite hard to place blame on me and direct the discussion towards me. I don't think you are scum however. I'm fine with answering questions if you have any, but I implore you to judge carefully rather than jumping to conclusions. If you ask me, the devourer might be Klaus or Wicket. Wicket tried to reason that the kill might have been made by a jailer, but Rachel's last will indicates that she claimed. A jailer killing a detective claim on the first night without night action results to consider is simply too stupid to be true. Klaus is clearly hiding his speech pattern by talking like a German. It does suit his username but it's also a common way for a jailer to keep his identity a secret.

My other suspects for scum are Rodgers and Biggs because they haven't genuinely tried to make themselves useful.

Wicket
June 27th, 2012, 02:51 PM
Mathematics and balancing. Try to think for yourself once in a while.

Wicket
June 27th, 2012, 02:57 PM
I get your point there Obi, but the thing is.
Why wouldn't the Devourer use his cleanings on N2 and N3. He has 2 charges. It would be utterly retarded to not use them. He would probably come out of Vault 66 with no one knowing about his existence. This just makes no sense to me.

That's why i think it might be a jailor and not a Devourer. It's just too stupid.

Biggs
June 27th, 2012, 02:59 PM
Thanks wicket!

my guess is that 4 of the vaults have 3 mafia each, and then the other 2 have neutral killers.
I doubt there would be an arsonist in a vault this small.
Arsonist is also really nerfed in this vault setup. higher chance his doused target will die

annnnyway. Devourer seems like a cool role. never seeen it before. We're just lucky he didn't clean, or we would be even more in the dark

Biggs
June 27th, 2012, 03:03 PM
Really suprised that nobody has had any night effects tbh.

Wicket
June 27th, 2012, 03:06 PM
Why don't you tell us, who should have a night effect Biggs?

Ben
June 27th, 2012, 03:11 PM
I get your point there Obi, but the thing is.
Why wouldn't the Devourer use his cleanings on N2 and N3. He has 2 charges. It would be utterly retarded to not use them. He would probably come out of Vault 66 with no one knowing about his existence. This just makes no sense to me.

That's why i think it might be a jailor and not a Devourer. It's just too stupid.

You make a fair point there. He may have taken a gamble that Rachel wouldn't leave a last will because she had no results to share or he figured that cleaning might become more important later.

Another problem a devourer might face in these vaults is that if his kills are cleaned it will be that much harder for him to claim jailer later on because no one will have reported to be jailed in our vault if he killed and cleaned both nights. And if he killed and cleaned one night we'd know for sure there had to be a devourer, janitor or disguiser in our vault. Now it could theoretically still be a really bad jailer I suppose.

Paul
June 27th, 2012, 03:12 PM
Mathematics and balancing. Try to think for yourself once in a while.

Wow, what a subtle insult. I asked why you thought there was another killer in here (it seemed like you inferred this vault) considering there was no other night kill and no one claimed attacked/healed.

I am also wondering why the Devourer did not clean. It just seems enormously stupid to execute and not clean their role, especially on night one.

Trust me when I say that I'm competent enough not to ask questions about my own role publically when I'm playing a neutral that can't win with the town. The last thing you need when playing such a role is to let someone make connections like you just did, Paul.

Well, when looking at your posts from day one compared to now, you appear much more intelligent and intellectual. Obviously on day one you want to hide your identity a little bit to not get killed, but you are clearly a smart and capable player. I don't think it was such a stretch for me to draw those conclusions based on the little information we have (and it did get you talking).

You look like you are trying quite hard to place blame on me and direct the discussion towards me.

You were the only player not to post at all after the connection I drew between you and the killings. I just wanted an explanation (as I stated, it was an observation, not an accusation).

If you ask me, the devourer might be Klaus or Wicket. Wicket tried to reason that the kill might have been made by a jailer, but Rachel's last will indicates that she claimed. A jailer killing a detective claim on the first night without night action results to consider is simply too stupid to be true.

Wicket also seems like a veteran based on his speech patterns. He does seem to advocate that it is a jailor that messed up, but even a jailor executing on night one is just stupid.

Klaus is clearly hiding his speech pattern by talking like a German. It does suit his username but it's also a common way for a jailer to keep his identity a secret.

I'd like to hear more from Klaus as well. The faux-German accent is clearly a charade. Unfortunately, day ends in less than an hour.

My other suspects for scum are Rodgers and Biggs because they haven't genuinely tried to make themselves useful.

What are your thoughts on Phoebe and Lei? I suspected there might be some sort of connection (whether it be trolling in an effort to "buddy up" or just flat out being on the same team) between Phoebe and Rodgers due to day one. I was also wondering if Biggs asking Rodgers to change his avatar was some sort of code?

Ben
June 27th, 2012, 03:27 PM
Phoebe was behaving oddly on day 1. We don't know what most of the roles on the roles list are and randomly starting a lynch without any information is a terrible idea. Today he is much more withdrawn. Trolling can work as a self defense mechanism even if it doesn't benefit the town initially or he could be a jester making sure he doesn't randomly get shot at night. I haven't made up my mind about him yet.

Lei isn't saying or doing much. I think he doesn't care much about the game, but he could be pretending in order to avoid too much attention. He could be anything though. I'd say citizen or a dull role like survivor that many find dull if I had to make a guess.

Rodgers
June 27th, 2012, 03:30 PM
hey guys, just gone home from a friend's house.

anything more you would like to know from me? i dont rly understand why the jailer decapitated Rachel. it doesnt make alot of sense since its only night one, so it was prolly a devourer. everyone should put actions in their last wills then, just in case u also get decapatated! :O

Ben
June 27th, 2012, 03:39 PM
hey guys, just gone home from a friend's house.

anything more you would like to know from me? i dont rly understand why the jailer decapitated Rachel. it doesnt make alot of sense since its only night one, so it was prolly a devourer. everyone should put actions in their last wills then, just in case u also get decapatated! :O

It's simple logic to write a new last will when you get jailed. If you don't get jailed, I'd still advise to beware of dirty sleuths. If you have no information to share that seems like it could be relevant for the town to figure things out, there's no need to claim in your last will.

Paul
June 27th, 2012, 03:40 PM
anything more you would like to know from me?

Yes, what are your thoughts on the remaining players?

Rodgers
June 27th, 2012, 03:48 PM
Yes, what are your thoughts on the remaining players?

i will make a list.

biggs: seems bored. i would go with citizen here.

ben: alot of big posts lately. hes hunting the scum. prolly town pr, citizen or mafia.

bragg: barely posts at all. im very suspicious. devourer?

klaus: i dont like the german. ppl that use other languages are prolly trying to hide something. some sort of town pr of mafia?

lei: it was a little wierd that with alot of votes lei didnt claim anything. i thought that was suspicious because she almost died, but did not say anything.

paul: i think paul is very active and is trying to find the devourer. he may be a citizen or a town pr. even mafia is trying to find devourer!

phoebe: my head vigi! 8) she will find all the bad guys and kill them.

rachel: rachel was decapatated. :O

rodgers: its me!

wicket: hes very tricky, but also seems too be smart. i would put him as mafia or town pr. he could even be the devourer!

Wicket
June 27th, 2012, 03:55 PM
Yeah it's true i am smart. Thanks for the compliment! :D

Rodgers
June 27th, 2012, 03:59 PM
Yeah it's true i am smart. Thanks for the compliment! :D

haha, no problems man. :p

i hope i dont die tonight!!! :sad:

Forum Mafia GM
June 27th, 2012, 04:06 PM
This is the news brought to you by Rooxxxxyyyyyy, Galaxy Radio's finest and only voice!

Good night sweet things. Roxy is looking out for you, my slumbering children spread out across those vaults. May your dreams bring happiness, and we will soon be together again. One day remaining!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDgncPD0bew