PDA

View Full Version : Vault 5 Transcripts

Gaunt
June 25th, 2012, 06:30 PM
This is for the refrence and/or curiousity of the players outside the vault. I am putting all non enclave players in white, enclave players in red and luna in purple. Also all votes in cyan even though there were red and cyan votes. Keep in mind the vault 5 mechanics are 1. No night actions night 0, 2. You can vote two players, the two with the most votes regardless of majority will be forced to play russian roulette the next night. The loser dies! There have been small edits like merging a few posts but it is accurate.

Francine: First wake up, first served!

Gaunt: So if you read the rules Queen Luna says day 1 isn't a troll day even though we have fuck all to go on. I think she is trying to influence how we play the game, bad hosting. To start the discussion what are everyone's thoughts about the vault system?

Luna: To make things more simple:

When you cast your two votes, you have a Cyan vote and a Red vote.

All the votes go into the same tally so there is not a separate Cyan and Red lynch target, the two players with the most votes will be forced to play roulette.

This is simply to make it simpler when counting the votes, and to make things simpler for you guys when you want to change your votes.

Brady: is this the cool kids lurker club

Brady: -Obnoxiously large picture edited out-

also
-vote Law

Brady: -vote Yoshimitsu

Law: I'm heading to a wedding so I won't be here for most of the day (just today, Sunday). While we may not have had the ability to use night actions last night this is not a worthless day. We can still question people and try to see if anyone knows something they shouldnt. Try to be a little productive at least please.

Law: Please, inform me of your reasoning for that vote. I would love to hear it.

Law: Wow. Have you ever played Mafia before? Are you trying to get yourself lynched?

Brady: i'm above the law nigga

Law: With reasoning like that how could we not have a productive day! Sigh. I was hoping the players in this game wouldn't be as stupid as the ones in FMXII.

Brady: he thinks anything will be accomplished with like 2 people posting

ok

Law: I want to hear the reasoning behind your votes. Is there any even?

Brady: I'm mad

Law: So you are just going to troll. Awesome

Brady: lol

this is shitposting general until these asswrenches actually post something

slam dunke bang down town sh** da police cant get me $ money

Gaunt: yay we are stuck in the vault with a retard!

Brady: my votes are legit vote with me pls

actually

-vote Gaunt
-vote Brady

fight me

Hayley: -vote Brady

That vote'll remain until you're done being a fucktard.

Hayley:

So if you read the rules Queen Luna says day 1 isn't a troll day even though we have fuck all to go on. I think she is trying to influence how we play the game, bad hosting. To start the discussion what are everyone's thoughts about the vault system?

Double post, but I missed this.

Seriously? You're going to bitch about it? I think it's really neat Luna had the gall to try a different system instead of doing the standard day system. We'll see if it pays now, won't we? I don't think Day 1 is a great benchmark as to how well this system will perform.

Besides, now we atleast have a good idea who is town inside of this vault, only one person is scum if I read the rules of the vault correctly. Just look for the scummiest person there is, like Bradley for example.

Francine: You're all not very smart here, aren't you? It looks loke the I'm the only one who can manage things here. Before I start putting my votes out, I would like to ask you a question. Which one of you is an ordinary citizen? Answer truthfully.

Just look at this list here. There is at least one citizen here. Don't be afraid to step up. I'm sure there won't be more than one citizen claimers.

Hayley: What's YOUR role?

Gaunt: I'm not bitching but it is generally hard to get things done without night actions with the sc2 forum mafia player base. Players in this community simply do not know how to function without some sort of night action claim but I would hope we can get past that.

It is worth noting that since votes are being cast we have to send two people to roulette instead of just one so we have to cast our votes more wisely. It isn't a majority system either so if a few abstain then the people who vote unfortunately get all the power.

You are completely forgetting the presence of the random any's. We have one confirmed scum, one confirmed neutral and three confirmed town in the vault. There might be as many as 5 non town roles in the vault.

for now I am going to -vote Brady until he takes the game seriously

Francine: We are NOT asking for other roles yet. We are asking for citizen role here. Who is citizen here? Reveal yourself, you will not lose anything if you do.

Brady: wow ok
ok wow
ok
legit question
what could you possibly gain from some guy claiming citizen

Yoshi(mitsu): -vote Brady

A: Voting people with no reason
B: Voting me
C: Whining like a baby

Give a reason for your votes, and stop complaining that we have nothing to go on. Scumhunting is essential in these games, we can't always rely on power roles to give us our answers

Brady: implying i said anything about relying on power roles

nice voting with the hatewagon bUDDY

-vote Yoshimitsu

i still sacrifice myself to join the glorious roulette im a fuckin champ

Ackbar: -vote Brady
Even though I came 10 hours late I am seeing nothing being gained. Brady is just starting shit and we aren't accomplishing anything.
I will undo my vote if and only if he has a good reason for his actions. AKA not, " You mad, I am trying to find out ppls roles, and Just chaotic thinking."

Yoshi: Okay, I guess I'll start us off since everyone is so hesitant.

Instead of relying on power roles, lets try and deduct something.

First question: Out of everyone in the vault, besides Brady, who would you feel comfortable voting and why?

This is just my opinion, but I would say Hayley. She is very confrontational, from what I've seen, and isn't afraid to bitch someone out. I think this is a might be a mafia ploy, pretending to be cit, pretending to be power role.

Anyone else?

Yoshi (@Brady): My statement wasn't just directed at you, it was advice for everyone. Part 1 was the reason why I voted you

Ackbar: I don't think that her actions and attitudes are a ploy, its just Hayleys personality.

Gaunt:
First question: Out of everyone in the vault, besides Brady, who would you feel comfortable voting and why?

This is just my opinion, but I would say Hayley. She is very confrontational, from what I've seen, and isn't afraid to bitch someone out. I think this is a might be a mafia ploy, pretending to be cit, pretending to be power role.

Anyone else?

I am a little bit suspcious of Hayley but not because she got mad when I made a joke about the no night actions but rather because she tried to distort the information.

Besides, now we atleast have a good idea who is town inside of this vault, only one person is scum if I read the rules of the vault correctly. Just look for the scummiest person there is, like Bradley for example.

She admits that she read the rules of the vault but tries to distort the game information. Like I said there are three random any roles which are a wildcard. While she could have just misread the rules making her stupid I am more inclined to give her credit and think she was trying to distort the rules for people who weren't paying as much attention to them. Simply saying "Just look for the scummiest person there is, like Bradley" is perfect way to survive yourself and get others lynched and kill the discussion that the town needs to scum hunt.

It is really suspicious to me to the point that I might be willing to vote Hayley later but right now it just doesn't feel like enough to go on. The problem is we have a lack of information which is why we should have more discussion.

Hayley:
I am a little bit suspcious of Hayley but not because she got mad when I made a joke about the no night actions but rather because she tried to distort the information.

Seriously? You're going to bitch about it? I think it's really neat Luna had the gall to try a different system instead of doing the standard day system. We'll see if it pays now, won't we? I don't think Day 1 is a great benchmark as to how well this system will perform.

So if you read the rules Queen Luna says day 1 isn't a troll day even though we have fuck all to go on. I think she is trying to influence how we play the game, bad hosting. To start the discussion what are everyone's thoughts about the vault system?

Definitely sounds like I distorted information, twisted it, and misread your post as a joke. Definitely.

Gaunt: Hayley that breeze you're feeling is my point going right over your head

Hayley: Yep

Ackbar: The real question is what was everyone doing last night?

Francine: The Vault may be small, but I'll keep the vote tally anyway:

Yoshimitsu (1): Brady
Brady (4): Hayley, Gaunt, Yoshimitsu, Ackbar

I think that Brady does not care about his life anymore, he just want to play Russian Roulette with Yoshimitsu. That being said, we cannot nominate just Brady here. Yoshimitsu, are you willing to duel against Brady? If not, then we will nominate in red votes someone else.

Francine: Waiting for Steve to respond. If he will not appear, then he will be our first candidate for a "free" lynch.

Gaunt: If Steve doesn't talk I would rather pit him against Brady in the russian roulette so we can take out one of the non-contributors. Still plenty of time in the day though, there is the possibility he actually has a life.

Francine: 15 hours isn't that much "plenty".

-vote Steve

Will unvote him soon in case if he makes decent appearance.

Hayley: -vote Steve

Stupid pleb.

Ackbar: Well I am finally awake at 7am EST, I will try to get on every 3 or so hours to keep updated seeing how I am on dial-up still. I will have some real internet by wednesday.

Gaunt: Ok we now have less than 12 hours, -vote steve my vote stands until he posts something useful

Steve: Lol i'm the one citizen that's why i'm not active almost suicided night 0. Ima use my clue tonight I'll post it here. earwigs

Francine: Wow, looks like the one who I wanted to see finally showed up.

-unvote Steve

Steve, are you the only citizen here? Or there will be another citizen claim today?
__________________________________________________ ____________________________

Page two coming after I take a break, copy pasting is tiring.

Gaunt
June 25th, 2012, 06:56 PM
Page 2:

Steve: Hopefully i'm the only cit I'd rather not get lynched before I get to use my clue lol. I have school for the next 5 hours so don't expect anything from me. Hopefully there aren't 2 cits... Sorry for not posting been too busy for all this roleplay reading. Haven't read any other posts ITT will read when I get home.

Gaunt: Francine why are you so concerned with who claims citizen? Please reveal the logic behind this because right now it is just looking stupid and I don't see the point of the discussion.

I am reluctant to unvote Steve however, the nature of his post is "WAHH I'M A CITIZEN, I DON'T WANT TO PLAY THE FUCKING GAME BECAUSE I DON'T HAVE A NIGHT ACTION." Right now the three people with votes are Steve, Yoshimitsu and Brady and at the moment I would rather have Steve and Brady in a roulette than Brady and Yoshimisu because Yoshimitsu actually contributes to the dialogue.

I see the upside to waiting to see what clue Steve gets and I am open to unvoting him in the future depending on how things go.

Questions for Francine:

What is the logic behind you wanting to know who the citizen is?
What do you think of Hayley?

Also I look forward to hearing from the Law, epic avatar is epic!

Brady: i already asked that

Steve: Gaunt the only confirmed role is citizen, I would suggest unvoting as you look awful scummy atm. There isn't even a counter claim. -vote Gaunt I have lunch in 2 hours I'll check back then.

Francine:
Questions for Francine:

Also I look forward to hearing from the Law, epic avatar is epic!

The logic is simple - to reduce the number of suspects. If another person will claim himself citizen, then people will probably vote that person together with Steve. At least knowing that Steve is "citizen" is better then knowing nothing.

As for Hayley, she implies that there is only one scum in town. Why she is saying that I don't know. She also missplelled Brady for "Bradley". Maybe there is another hidden scum role from "Hidden Any" lists? Could she be the one?

And there is also one neutral benigh role for sure. We don't know how that person will act, so keep in mind that there will be one benigh role among us - even after we leave the vault safely. Oh yeah, and it will be a shame if we allow Enclave member to leave this vault as well.

Brady: thx for telling "those people" that

Law: Brady sure is trying pretty hard to get lynched. I suspected him immediately of being a jester or ghost when he voted me and Yoshimitsu solely for the reason that we only had one post Day 0, and his continued unwillingness to defend himself only strengthens my opinion. It does however raise a question. IF he is a jester or ghost, do we want to deal with him now, or do we want to wait until Day 4 when we can take him out at night? The mechanics of this vault suck, because even if we manage to pinpoint one scum target, we only have a 50% chance of getting said target lynched. What I think we should do with him is that if we do not have a clear second lynch target we should have him play roulette against our primary target. If he loses (and if we are smart and only place a maximum of 4 votes on him) only one of us dies, which is essentially the same thing as if we placed someone who's alignment we were unsure of into the roulette game. The benefit is we get rid of a harmful aspect of the game before our vault opens. This is all only assuming that he is a jester or ghost, when there is the very real possibility he could be something even more harmful.

Brady: nah man im town

dont overthink it

Gaunt: Steve I will unvote you if you contribute to the conversation more than coming back to me with "NO U". I will unvote you if you actually start contributing to the conversation. If I was scum I would instantly unvote you in order to keep up appearances but I don't really care about appearances as much and more about encouraging a dialogue and scum hunting. I haven't made up my mind on the issue and really do we have better targets right now?

Also the problem with automatically eliminating citizens as suspects is that mafia could easily claim citizen while the confirmed citizen remains silent. Also if there are two citizen claims and they are both citizens because of this one person will think they are suspicious. Steve is playing the angle of ragequitting citizen well which would be a good tatic for a scum to bypass suspicion. Nothing is confirmed yet.

I suspect you have other motives to your request for a citizen claim, I am not disagreeing with the idea rather I am just inquiring about it.

Gaunt: Hello Law, since you were absent for most of the day I would like some insight from you into the day's events.

What do you think of Me?

Francine: Ideally we need to pinpoint two scum targets - one mafia and one benigh neutral. I honestly think that Steve is a citizen, since he mentioned "clue". Wherether his future clues will be credible or not, we will see it only in the next day

Gaunt: True, I am really curious about the Clue mechanic as well. If he isn't citizen it will be fun to see what he makes up.

-unvote steve
-vote Hayley

I would rather just vote Brady but this vaults mechanic's are messed up and in my mind Hayley is the scummiest out of anyone contributing.

Steve: Lol at gaunt defending his choice to vote citizen. That is my contribution to the discussion nominating you for roulette gaunt. Not a NO U. You are on my scum list.

Steve: If i'm not getting voted I don't really want to waste my clue lol. I will if you guys insist in it though...would rather use it later on :(

Law:
Hello Law, since you were absent for most of the day I would like some insight from you into the day's events.

What do you think of Me?

I'm not suspicious of Hayley.

I am suspicious of you.

Now answer me a question please. Why do you want to vote Steve into the roulette when the only confirmed role in our entire vault is the role he just claimed?

I also completely understand why Francine wanted to find the citizen in our vault, and if she hadn't asked for the citizen to claim I would have. Not only does having the citizen claim early prevent scum from counter claiming, it also provides us with a player that we can put into the roulette if we have no clear second lynch target.

Ackbar:
Brady sure is trying pretty hard to get lynched. I suspected him immediately of being a jester or ghost when he voted me and Yoshimitsu solely for the reason that we only had one post Day 0, and his continued unwillingness to defend himself only strengthens my opinion. It does however raise a question. IF he is a jester or ghost, do we want to deal with him now, or do we want to wait until Day 4 when we can take him out at night? The mechanics of this vault suck, because even if we manage to pinpoint one scum target, we only have a 50% chance of getting said target lynched. What I think we should do with him is that if we do not have a clear second lynch target we should have him play roulette against our primary target. If he loses (and if we are smart and only place a maximum of 4 votes on him) only one of us dies, which is essentially the same thing as if we placed someone who's alignment we were unsure of into the roulette game. The benefit is we get rid of a harmful aspect of the game before our vault opens. This is all only assuming that he is a jester or ghost, when there is the very real possibility he could be something even more harmful.

Brady could easily be a ghost, and by getting lynched so early on, would allow him to use his abilities that much sooner in the game. Now the thing is out of the 3 random any what is the worst thing we could encounter?

Francine: The worst thing is that hidden any could be another Enclave member. It is definitely worse then having one Enclave member and one Brotherhood member in vault. But we don't need seach for "random" any right now, we need to seach for a hidden Enclave member. Right now my primary suspicions are on Hayley.

-vote Hayley

Steve: Ackbar vote gaunt with us for red.
It's not a trap bro.
I'm the only one that's claiming citizen which is nice.
I don't like being challenged for a role I actually am useless as it may be.
I suppose I'll use my clue tonight as we can't really get any sort of lead any other day.
Also I'm most likely going to be eliminated being the confirmed citizen.
I might not though it will be a tough decision.
Anyone have any suggestions?
It could be a completely useless piece of information or an incredibly useful one.

Gaunt:

I am suspicious of you.

Now answer me a question please. Why do you want to vote Steve into the roulette when the only confirmed role in our entire vault is the role he just claimed?

I also completely understand why Francine wanted to find the citizen in our vault, and if she hadn't asked for the citizen to claim I would have. Not only does having the citizen claim early prevent scum from counter claiming, it also provides us with a player that we can put into the roulette if we have no clear second lynch target.

You are suspicious of me and yet you just made the exact point I was going to make.

If Steve had said "Sorry I've been busy I'm a cit" then I would have unvoted him promptly. But he said he wasn't active because he is a citizen and he almost suicided night 0. We don't have a second lynch target as of yet so why not put someone in the roulette who would rather suicide than play as a citizen?

I decided to unvote him because his clue has the potential to give us information and because I am suspicious of Hayley for reasons I have said already.

Steve:
The worst thing is that hidden any could be another Enclave member. It is definitely worse then having one Enclave member and one Brotherhood member in vault. But we don't need seach for "random" any right now, we need to seach for a hidden Enclave member. Right now my primary suspicions are on Hayley.

-vote Hayley

She didn't do anything, while Gaunt has managed to attract my suspicion.
Don't random vote. If it's not random would you mind telling us why you're suspicious of Hayley?

Steve:
-vote Hayley
-vote Gaunt
I'll humor your suspicions guys.

Steve:
Because I haven't used my second vote ^
and Brady is a potential jester

Francine: Didn't I told you already? Gaunt asked me about my thoughs of Hayley, and I answered to him. Why you suspect him and not Hayley, anyway?

Francine: Nevermind, I just saw that you voted then both.

Steve: Because he kept his vote on the only citizen to claim.
He could be neutral but I don't think he's NCR/town.
I guess I missed it but what did Hayley do?

Gaunt: tally

Brady (4): Hayley, Gaunt, Yoshimitsu, Ackbar
Hayley (3): steve, Gaunt, Francine
yoshimitsu (1): Brady
steve (1): Hayley
gaunt (1): Steve

Gaunt:
I want to hear more from Yoshimitsu and Ackbar

Yoshi: Ah yes, things happened the exact way I wanted them too. I purposely put up Hayley's name (and I question I was sure no one would answer (which I was also right about)) to try and weed out scum voters looking for a train to start. I didn't expect Steve to vote Hayley and that boggles me, because I really do think he is a citizen, for now.

But now, I'm setting my sights onto Gaunt and Francine, the two people who jumped on Hayley as soon as I mentioned her name.

If only one of them were scum, then I'd put my money of Francine for a variety of reasons.

1. She appears to be helpful to the town by posting tallies, and defending people who, I think, are obviously town.

2. She isn't actually helpful to anyone, she hasn't actually called anyone out, and she hasn't started her own line of suspicion yet.

3. She was searching for the citizen. While this seems to be pro-town due to her explanation, it is far from. If she find the citizen, then she knows who each and every non-citizen is.

4. Quick jump. She jumped on the Hayley train right after with no explanation whatsoever for her vote besides saying that her primary suspicions are on Hayley.

thus -vote Francine

Yoshi: Now the reason I don't think Gaunt is scum is for one very simple reason. He started the train on Hayley, which is not a safe lynch whatsoever, unlike the Steve lynch that Francine started before he showed up. Even I would have joined that lynch since not contributing is even worse than be scum (hence why I keep my vote on Brady).

I don't think scum has the balls to start a risky lynch that could cause people to question their motives on Day 1.

Gaunt: Nice gambit Yoshimitsu as Ackbar would say IT'S A TRAP (insert pic of Admiral Ackbar here)

I thought something was fishy with your analysis of Hayley but I came to my own conclusions.

That being said Francine doesn't strike me as scum, though I agree she didn't properly explain why we should get a citizen claim. I think she is just holding back in a similar way to how you were holding back.

Luna: Well folks looks like y'all had a blast today with your fun 'n games! Roxy is here to wish you a good night with a very special tune that's close to my heart.

First though, I see on my security feed that you crazy fellers are starting another game of Russian Roulette! Is that Hayley and Brady? I guess it is, good luck guys!

Gaunt
June 25th, 2012, 06:58 PM
That was an hour of copy pasting to make the transcript look legible because I would appreciate some outside opinions on it. I will try and read through yours tomorrow.Thanks in advance :)

Beru
June 25th, 2012, 07:20 PM
That was an hour of copy pasting to make the transcript look legible because I would appreciate some outside opinions on it. I will try and read through yours tomorrow.Thanks in advance :)

I'll read through it, eventually.

I do have some pretty good hunting skills. ;)

Roger
June 25th, 2012, 08:42 PM

Havn't read the transcript yet, but it looks neat.

I might make my transcript more readible, but I wasted enough time with notes, and couldn't be bothered to edit it. Instead, I just did CTRL A + copy and paste

Gaunt
June 27th, 2012, 05:43 PM
Good morning folks, some sad news. Galaxy Radio has just learned that Hayley was discovered dead this morning. She shot herself last night. I just can't understand you folks sometimes.

Her role was... Citizen!

She did not leave a last will.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-DUq4ylZ5o

---

Graveyard:

Hayley (Citizen): Shot herself during a game of Russian Roulette [Night 1]

I see Brady had received a second chance, he better start helping or I'm willing to vote him up again without a hint of remorse

ok i iwll voote

-vote Francine
-vote STEVE STEVE STEVE

Explone.................................URself ??????

hey faggots any faggot can claim cit

you could probably just bluff your ass out and say "LoL I Can USe Clue But I Will Not Use It Bcuz That Would Be Waste But I Am Defanately Cit Dam"

even if they're essentially meatshielding for roulette you're still placing your trust in these faggots

also Franny must die...............For promoting......................................... ..These Ideals.........................Of Cit claiming

da streets aint beig enough for these gunZ

btw i am roulette lord and i am guaranteed to win every match of roulette; have fun if you're pit against me becuase Your Gonna Enter A World Of Paint

Lol didn't use my clue but I'll play roulette, I didn't want to vote hayley in the first place. -vote Gaunt -vote Brady I'll use my clue tonight, I'm surprised nobody died besides the roulette player. Unless you want me to save it longer? Hopefully that was a hidden any and not an NCR.

nigga there's no kills in vault

also it doens't say but ima geuss u can use clue during the day

yea son bust those clues out real good

$$$$$$$$$also dont forget to vote me, i will never lose a roulette, i am safest lynch, deal w/ it$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I am also positive Hayley didn't claim citizen so that she wasn't causing a counter claim. She could've easily been random any, but not NCR since they are a power role right?

Well based on this information "The person who received the most votes will start with the gun and may type -pull # times (where # is a number between 1 and 6) in Cyan in one of his post in the night chat to pull the trigger against his own head x times." I think it is reasonable to assume that Brady is not the jester, seeing that if he had wanted to die he could have simply pulled the trigger six times. That then raises the question of what is he? I doubt he would be mafia seeing as it seemed he purposefully drew attention onto himself. I can only think of two explanations. He could be the ghost, and Haley may have informed him that she was a town, which in turn could have caused him to decide to try and win the roulette game seeing as defeating the town is quite difficult. He could also simply be dissatisfied with his role and wanted to end his game as soon as possible.

I think you have to be lynched to become a ghost since your goal is to see your killers faction lose, aka suicide doesn't count?

I thought you could kill in the vault? O-o guess I'll save my clue for when we get out. NCR doesn't have to be power role.. Pressure Gaunt I want to hear a cool story.

Sigh... There is no way I would believe Steve's words again.
"Pressure Gaunt I want to hear a cool story"... all those words make me think that Steve is really scum. And he escaped the roulette game by a hair's breath by claiming "don't shoot me ima citizen i have a clue". And where is his clue now?

-vote Steve

I would also like to hear Gaunt's point of view on this.

I am going to write a long rant now, the short version is TOLD YOU SO! :p

apologies in advance for the sarcasm and anger in my rant, before I post I want to just

-vote Steve

my vote will stay on steve until he dies for reasons I will discuss in the rant. I haven't decided who my second vote will go onto.

Actually took the time to read day 2 while writing epic rant and I just found this so ironic I had to comment. I am happy to oblige you Steve ;)

I think that the second suspect is Brady, as he is still alive. Not going to vote him yet, though. I'll ask instead some qusetions to you:

What do you think of Brady?
Do you think that what I did at Day 1 was meaningless?

And a question to Brady:
Can you show your conversation with Hayley during Russian Roulette? Please answer to us.

*Insert epic rant here*

-vote Steve

Why is the fuck did you NOT use your clue. It could have helped the town immensely with the scumhunting.

On another note Francine, if I told you I was an investigator, and investigated you last night. What would your initial reaction be?

Same goes to you Gaunt.

Just letting you know, if I was an investigator, I visited one of you to. You guys better tell the truth.

Sorry, Yoshimitsu, but NCR does NOT have an investigator. Mafia DOES has Consigliere though. And because of that, my finger of suspicion is now on you. Why you mentioned investigator while there is NO town-aligned investigator?

-vote Yoshimitsu

By the way, if I was really investigated by NCR town role, I would be relieved. The problem is, there are not many reliable investigation roles in the town. Just what are you, Yoshimitsu?

I was asking a question, not roleclaiming. Learn the difference.

And I just answered it to you.

Was "investigator" a relative term of yours, perhaps? Does it mean investigative town power role in general?

For me, Investigator includes all sheriff types, detective, and lookout

Well, I guess I was rash in my thinking. Sorry about that.

-unvote Yoshimitsu

I assume that you know something about me already, aren't you?

While most of us do agree that Steve is not citizen, we need to vote 2 people, not one. And both of those nominated should be non-NCR - one Enclave and one hidden neutral. I would say that Brady is still the second most suspicious person. On the other hand, there are other people that I know nothing about - Law, Ackbar. Yoshimitsu probably just tried some kind of gambit on me.

By the way, if Steve was Enclave and he had a teammate with him, would it be really Law? Or someone else?

Day 2 thoughts so far (going to bed after this):
-Law points out something useful to know but what is his purpose for pointing it out? Could it be to provide doubt in rouletting a potential jester? WIFOM!

-
Brady is stupid, not sure what role he is though but I believe it to be genuine stupidity and not wifom
Nope I think it was useful… see rant

-
STOP FALLING FOR THE CLUE MECHANIC WIFOM!
My initial reaction would be yeah so?
See there isn’t an investigator there is only a Sheriff so I’m just gonna assume you meant that, also the only confirmed NCR role is Sane Sheriff.
Sheriff Rolecard…

I’ve talked to Luna about the theories of MFM and FM balance and one of the key things she said was that in most FM’s scum is way too limited and that a big theme in this fm was that scum had more leway to fakeclaim and more leway for scumhunting.

If you were sheriff the point of investigating someone is to throw them in the roulette and see what kind of a sheriff you are. This makes it a good scum claim for someone to tunnel vision as and be all like "we should lynch them so I can find out what kind of cop I am."

If you are a detective or a lookout then whoop te doo, you confirmed your role… there aren’t any night kills so you can’t exactly catch either of us red handed. I’m not going to claim because you know I targeted someone or no one at all but thanks for sharing, want a cookie?

It is a huntch, but actually that leads me to ask you Francine. Hypothetically if Steve flips enclave and a random any is enclave who do you think it would be?

If Steve flips enclave, then his teammate would one of the people that did not vote him at Day 1 before Steve claimed himself "citizen". I tihnk it would be one of those people - Ackbar, Law, Yoshimitsu. I see no ties between Brady and Steve yet, but if Brady is scum, then he is probably not in same team as Steve.

By the way Brady, you said that you can win Russian Roulette with anyone. Do you have to guts to play roulette with Steve? He in confirmed scum in our eyes. Can you win Roulette against him? Do you have confidence in yourself?

Good point that narrows down the hypothetical suspects. Though I would count Ackbar out, he said he only had dial up that day and posted very little. I don't believe that is wifom since he said he would have good internet by wednesday.

Questions for Francine:

1) assuming Steve is Enclave and a random any is an Enclave what evidence from the day chat would you say supports the fact that Yoshimitsu is Enclave? what evidence would you say opposes the fact that Yoshimitsu is Enclave?

2) assuming Steve is Enclave and a random any is an Enclave what evidence from the day chat would you say supports the fact that Law is Enclave? what evidence would you say opposes the fact that Law is Enclave?

Steve had claimed citizen. Citizen was the only confirmed role in our vault. No one, including Hayley, counter claimed him. It is only logical to assume that he is telling the truth in that situation.

But now we see that Hayley was citizen. While it doesn't mean Steve is not a citizen, it does make his claim much more unlikely. Unfortunately there is not much we can do to prove whether or not he is telling the truth. I lean towards believing his claim because scum would have little to gain from claiming citizen the first day, while they would have a lot to lose.

Ackbar and Yoshimitsu, I would like to hear more from you.

1. What role and/or alignment do you believe Brady to be?
2. Do you still believe Steve's citizen claim? Why or why not?
3. Who are your top three scummiest players?

Law still "believes" that Steve is citizen, it's more like he want to divert our attention to someone else. I think that Law is either too naive, for not seeing Gaunt's thoughts, or is scum himself.

As for Yoshimitsu, there is no proof that he is tied with Steve (he voted against him), but his disposition towards me makes him suspicious to me regardless. But how else you would lynch scum when the chance is only 50/50?

I'm starting to lean against Law, I might vote him at any good moment.

Please explain to me why you think Steve is lying. I simply don't see the logic behind why he would lie about that.

I am not trying to divert attention to someone else. I simply don't think Steve nor Brady are good lynch targets. I have already stated I believe Steve to be a citizen and Brady to be a ghost, which means that neither are a good lynch target from my perspective. I asked Ackbar and Yoshimitsu those questions because they have hardly posted, and I cannot gauge those that I have no information on. They could very well be using the tunnel vision that is being focused onto Steve and Brady to slip under the radar.

We have 14 hours left in the day, I am simply trying to use all of them.

Since law hasn't voted steve yet I have a question for law: How do you think other people will view you if you cave into my pressure and vote steve? How do you think people will view you if you stick to your guns?

I spent roughly two hours on a rant explaining why steve is scum, why don't you just read that.

I could care less about how anyone else views me, especially when those people could easily not be on my side. I do not believe Steve is scum, and I will not vote him simply because you are Francine are trying to get a train going on him. I will cast my votes on my own terms, and not on anyone else's.

Now that I have answered your question, I have questions for you and Francine:

1. What do you think Steve's alignment is?
2. Assuming the alignment you believe him to be is true, what do you think he was attempting to do by lying about being a citizen?

That was for Francine. I would like for you to answer the two questions I just posted.

I allready did in a rant that took me who hours to write

You never list a definite answer. You offer possibilities, but you never settle on an opinion. Please answer the two questions.

I'm off to bed. I would like all my questions to be answered by the time I get up.

Humour me. Since you are being politically correct I will explain the situation you are in

1) If you cave to the pressure and vote steve you look like mafia because you are trying to keep appearances. Most mafia will sacrifice one of their teammates if they believe he is doomed to be lynched (in this case rouletted). But you also look like town because it is common sense.
2) If you stick to your guns people will question why you are going down with the ship so does that make you town or mafia? Wifom man wifom

My opinion is that he is lying about being a citizen and scum, not sure if brotherhood or enclave. Really hard to tell in this setup with the random any's. For all we know him and you could both be brotherhood taking up 2/3 of the random any spots.

Why does it matter which mafia team Steve is on? We want to kill both of them.

If steve isn't scum his stupidity is enough to make him a roulette target. Honestly what has he contributed?

Law I think you should lynch Steve even on the the off chance my instincts are wrong he flips citizen. Consider the following:

1) If Steve dies on the roulette it gives us the most information to make our decisions day 3 for the melon roulette, ARE YOU AFRAID OF INFORMATION? If he is a cit it completely clears you of any suspicion.

2) Steve has contributed jack shit to the dialogue and said "I almost suicided day 0." If that is true then BITCH GTFO VAULT 5 (in a bodybag not with the rest of us). I've expressed my loathing for that one post in the past

3) In sc2mafia the majority have come to the conclusion that the following statement is true: "A citizen's job is to take a bullet for the town" Would you rather risk some power role NCR dying or a possible jester (brady) causing massive amounts of damage than steve?

and most importantly

4) Your vote is a symbol, he is going to the roulette regardless

If you choose not to vote him feel free to refute my points at length

I think that we should vote people from different groups. Voting both Law and Stve would be harmful if Steve survives and Law dies after flipping town.

-vote Brady

If Steve dies, then we can follow the leads on Law depending on what was his role. Though of course I would rather see Steve die instead of random power role in the retarded russian Roulette.

Right now I'm waiting for Brady's defence. Also, Steve's votes weren't bolded, so I'm not sure if they are counted or not.

Law is just being logical, you guys are dumb as fuck. Why wouldn't I want to suicide, I've flipped cit 3 times in a row and town always lynches me. I'll try to win the roulette but clue is useless anyways if it is deduced from information already posted. I would rather wait until later to use it because there will have been more posts, and a higher possibility of scum fucking up a post or something. O-o that's pretty legit, let's give the citizens an ability but let's make it as useless as their role. Gaunt is really coming at me, there us no proof that I'm enclave and he's getting uber defensive..

If you want to vote me up vote Gaunt with me please. Nobody accused him of anything really, there's no reason to be defensive. Just making yourself look scummy.

I hope for the Enclave's sake both of you aren't enclave because then I would almost feel bad for them... almost

If you vote me I insist that you vote Gaunt up as well.
If Law is voted up with me I'm going to use all 6 shots on myself.
He's the only one thinking logically.

What bluff? Kill Gaunt after I suicide.

-vote Francine

My second vote will be cast after Yoshimitsu and Ackbar answer my questions, although I assume they are going to be interviewed tonight.

As for you Gaunt, I am going to ask you one more time, and I want a fucking answer.

If Steve were mafia, what do you think he expected to accomplish by claiming citizen?

I await your enlightening response.

Why me? I've spoken today, why would I be interviewed? Also, my next post will answer all the questions directed at me.

"1. What role and/or alignment do you believe Brady to be?"

I personally do not think Brady is a mafia member with the way he's been acting. He can only be a town member or a neutral. I personally think he either got, in his eyes, a very lame power role. Or is trying to get lynched as a type of neutral, but he started with the gun yesterday, so he can't be a Jester/Ghost.

I only half believe Steve's cit claim. Yes, I think it makes more sense than most other people do, but he didn't use the clue, which would have helped him immensely with scumhunting, which, honestly, he's fucking shit at right now.

1. Francine, I have a reason of my own for believing her scumminess, but by Day Chat alone, she has started all of the "safe" lynches and is trying to appear the most pro-town, while still finding any reason to vote any town member. That being said, she unvoted me rather quickly instead of interrogating me more, which worries me still, I would think a town member would be more skeptical than that.

2. Brady, I think he can only be a neutral with his actions so far.

3. You, Law, have been acting very peculiar and have been very, very frugal with your votes. In my past experiences, town members usually aren't the ones who are a bit nervous to vote someone off the island.

Honourable Mention: Steve, he helps the town even less than Brady does.

Thank you for answering.

I simply am waiting for more information before I cast my second vote. As for Day 1 I did not vote because Brady had already been at four votes (one more vote would have caused two people to suicide had he been jester) and Hayley was only one vote behind him (I wanted Brady to start with the gun for the precise reason that if he won we would know he wasn't jester).

I think Steve vs Law is the ideal roulette scenario and would encourage the vault to vote them into roulette. The scenario gives us the most information on who to roulette.

After my ideas Steve is hardcore buddying with Law which makes me think there my theory is a lot more accurate than it seemed. I really think Steve is a smart mafia wifoming a dumb citizen. It also supports my theory that steve and law are enclave/brotherhood on the same team. Honestly it was just a hunch but as my questions progressed their actions really supported it.

I really worry that steve might be the acctress given his bluff. That is the only trick I can see him having up his sleve, but that is HIGHLY UNLIKELY. That being said I know from personal experience that Luna believes the actress is an extremely powerful role and that her setups are never random (see mfm hosting guide). Still though probably nothing.

If Steve Flips Citizen:
Law is cleared from my suspicion. He could be scum but I will apologize and admit my suspicions were probably wrong.

If Steve Enclave/Brotherhood:
Law is very suspicious and should be melon rouletted. Not 100% scum because NOTHING IS CONFIRMED but still very suspicous

If Steve Flips Scum Neutral: Then Law is cleared but my thoughts on steve remain valid.

If Steve Flips Jester: We're fucked

All that being said I will tip my hat to steve if I see at the end of the game he is an actress.

If Law Dies: Supports my theroy that Steve is smart scum wifoming stupid citizen.

I meant to say

The scenario gives us the most information on who to melon roulette day 3.

*that feeling when you make a thought out post and notice a typo right after... sigh*

Now Steve and Law are acting strange. Why Steve would want to take all 6 shots to himself if he was nominated together with Law? And why do you suspect Gaunt so badly? Gaunt is acting like pro-town, I can feel that.

I'm starting to agree with Gaunt, though. Putting Law and Steve together on roulette would be our best bet now.

-unvote Brady
-vote Law

If Steve was mafia he would hope to accomplish clearing himself by being the first citizen claimer. The claim itself may have been a spontaneous gambit that backfired. He assessed the situation and saw an opportunity! If we go by Francine’s view of things

That is the most basic wifom for the citizen claim. Steve was hoping that would benefit him but the roulette hit Hayley and it didn’t. Not saying it was the most thought out claim or the perfect theory because NOTHING IS CONFIRMED but I can see the logic behind a fake citizen claim as mafia.

Questions for anyone who feels like answering: What do you think of Ackbar and his shit internet claim?

If he gets interviewed and fails that then do you think a free lynch or melon roulette would be better for Ackbar?

Who do you think is the LEAST SCUMMY PLAYER?

I will answer these questions myself once enough other people do...

I personally think a free lynch would be better

also

-vote Francine

All I see from Francine is buddying with Gaunt

Ya I've noticed it too, it kind of makes me suspicious of her but I am very flattered with her buddying lol. It is like "yes someone agrees with me" so I'm bias :/

Only a few hours left, so I don't think someone answer you question, Gaunt.

I'm not afraid of playing roulette with Steve, but if I die, you will lose a valuable member of NCR. Make up with your mind quickly.

-vote Francine
-vote Gaunt
If I'm with law I'm shooting myself.

you spelled actress wrong.
why are you all chain voting with this idiot?

[QUOTE=Gaunt;146685]If Steve was mafia he would hope to accomplish clearing himself by being the first citizen claimer. The claim itself may have been a spontaneous gambit that backfired. He assessed the situation and saw an opportunity! If we go by Francine’s view of things

So essentially what you are suggesting is that you think Steve believed he would clear himself by claiming citizen, despite knowing that he would be counter claimed at some point. You are also suggesting that he assumed after he was counter claimed he wouldn't be instantly lynched. Basically, you are suggesting that Steve is the worst player in FM history. Claiming citizen in a situation like this when you are mafia is an insanely idiotic thing, and I refuse to believe Steve is that stupid. You are so focused in on trying to get Steve lynched that you cannot even realize how improbable your ideas actually are.

In case if you don't change your mind, wish me good luck. I'm gonna seriosly beat the crap out of Steve in that roulette game. Though I still don't understand why would he take all 6 bullets for Law. Does he knows something about Law that we don't?

Well, saoynara then.

-vote Brady

I do not believe Gaunt is scum, although his tunnel vision towards Steve is puzzling. In absence of a second lynch target I would like to see a roulette game of Brady vs Francine.

-vote Brady
-vote Francine
I'd rather not kill someone in roulette, I would either suicide if they were a town PR like I believe Gaunt to be, thinking logically and what not, or 50/50.

Tally

Francine - (4) Brady, Law, Yoshimitsu, Steve
Steve - (4) Brady, Francine, Gaunt, Yoshimitsu,
Gaunt - (1) Steve
Brady - (1) Law
Law - (2) Gaunt, Francine

I am really really sorry, still no internet today, on dial-up. Fairpoint is now saying midnight EST or tomorrow.
1. What role and/or alignment do you believe Brady to be?
Either a really cocky stupid citizen or neutral. "I am the roulette master can't kill me"
I believe the possibility of their being more then one citizen role, but I do not understand WHY he would say he's using his clue then not use it once he's declared "safe."
Why hailey did not say that she was citizen too I do not know.
Brady- Obvious acts
Steve- Lack of clue
Either Law OR Gaunt- Not for the fact that they seem scummy, but my instincts say one of them is on the opposite side of the other.

-vote Steve
-vote Brady

I am very very sorry that I haven't been active but this internet problem and promises of internet today is killing me.

Gaunt
June 27th, 2012, 05:46 PM
The rest of the day:

Ackbar: Actually
-unvote Steve

He's a lot less scummy after reading through again.

Steve: lol let's lynch steve he didn't use his useless clue

Luna: Hmm is that Steve and Francine I see heading off to that terrible room? Jeez, you guys are insatiable!

Gaunt
June 27th, 2012, 05:51 PM
Dissecting Day 1: Forum Mafia 101 Case Study – NOTHING IS CONFIRMED!

By Gaunt

Part 1 The Citizen Gambit Transcript

Post 1:
You're all not very smart here, aren't you? It looks loke the I'm the only one who can manage things here. Before I start putting my votes out, I would like to ask you a question. Which one of you is an ordinary citizen? Answer truthfully.

Just look at this list here. There is at least one citizen here. Don't be afraid to step up. I'm sure there won't be more than one citizen claimers.

Post 2:
Lol i'm the one citizen that's why i'm not active almost suicided night 0. Ima use my clue tonight I'll post it here. earwigs

Citizen Rolecard:

Citizen:
Abilities: Your power lies in the vote.

You have a one-time use ability called 'Clue'. To use 'Clue' PM the Host.

Once you have used 'Clue', you will receive a reply from the Host which contains current information about the game. These notes will NOT include any information which cannot be deduced from day chat, and the notes can come in any form (Bullet points, Haiku, Limerick, angry rant, rage comic, etc.).

'Clue' is designed to help aid your scum-hunting if you ever feel overwhelmed, lost, or you simply need to catch up. Your 'Clue' will be unique to you.

note: I didn't actually check the citizen rolecard until I started this rant, we all make mistakes :/

Post 3:
Wow, looks like the one who I wanted to see finally showed up.

-unvote Steve

Steve, are you the only citizen here? Or there will be another citizen claim today?

Post 4:
Hopefully i'm the only cit I'd rather not get lynched before I get to use my clue lol. I have school for the next 5 hours so don't expect anything from me. Hopefully there aren't 2 cits... Sorry for not posting been too busy for all this roleplay reading. Haven't read any other posts ITT will read when I get home.

Post 5:
Francine why are you so concerned with who claims citizen? Please reveal the logic behind this because right now it is just looking stupid and I don't see the point of the discussion.

I am reluctant to unvote Steve however, the nature of his post is "WAHH I'M A CITIZEN, I DON'T WANT TO PLAY THE FUCKING GAME BECAUSE I DON'T HAVE A NIGHT ACTION." Right now the three people with votes are Steve, Yoshimitsu and Brady and at the moment I would rather have Steve and Brady in a roulette than Brady and Yoshimisu because Yoshimitsu actually contributes to the dialogue.

I see the upside to waiting to see what clue Steve gets and I am open to unvoting him in the future depending on how things go.

Post 6:
Gaunt the only confirmed role is citizen, I would suggest unvoting as you look awful scummy atm. There isn't even a counter claim. -vote Gaunt I have lunch in 2 hours I'll check back then.

Post 7:

The logic is simple - to reduce the number of suspects. If another person will claim himself citizen, then people will probably vote that person together with Steve. At least knowing that Steve is "citizen" is better then knowing nothing.

Post 8:
Steve I will unvote you if you contribute to the conversation more than coming back to me with "NO U". I will unvote you if you actually start contributing to the conversation. If I was scum I would instantly unvote you in order to keep up appearances but I don't really care about appearances as much and more about encouraging a dialogue and scum hunting. I haven't made up my mind on the issue and really do we have better targets right now?

Also the problem with automatically eliminating citizens as suspects is that mafia could easily claim citizen while the confirmed citizen remains silent. Also if there are two citizen claims and they are both citizens because of this one person will think they are suspicious. Steve is playing the angle of ragequitting citizen well which would be a good tatic for a scum to bypass suspicion. Nothing is confirmed yet.

I suspect you have other motives to your request for a citizen claim, I am not disagreeing with the idea rather I am just inquiring about it.

Post 9:
Hello Law, since you were absent for most of the day I would like some insight from you into the day's events.

What do you think of Me?

Post 10:
Ideally we need to pinpoint two scum targets - one mafia and one benigh neutral. I honestly think that Steve is a citizen, since he mentioned "clue". Wherether his future clues will be credible or not, we will see it only in the next day.

Post 11:
True, I am really curious about the Clue mechanic as well. If he isn't citizen it will be fun to see what he makes up.

-unvote steve
-vote Hayley

I would rather just vote Brady but this vaults mechanic's are messed up and in my mind Hayley is the scummiest out of anyone contributing.

Post 12:
Lol at gaunt defending his choice to vote citizen. That is my contribution to the discussion nominating you for roulette gaunt. Not a NO U. You are on my scum list.

If i'm not getting voted I don't really want to waste my clue lol. I will if you guys insist in it though...would rather use it later on :(

Post 13:

What do you think of Me?I'm not suspicious of Hayley.

I am suspicious of you.

Post 14:
Ackbar vote gaunt with us for red.
It's not a trap bro.
I'm the only one that's claiming citizen which is nice.
I don't like being challenged for a role I actually am useless as it may be.
I suppose I'll use my clue tonight as we can't really get any sort of lead any other day.
Also I'm most likely going to be eliminated being the confirmed citizen.
I might not though it will be a tough decision.
Anyone have any suggestions?
It could be a completely useless piece of information or an incredibly useful one.

Post 15:
You are suspicious of me and yet you just made the exact point I was going to make.

If Steve had said "Sorry I've been busy I'm a cit" then I would have unvoted him promptly. But he said he wasn't active because he is a citizen and he almost suicided night 0. We don't have a second lynch target as of yet so why not put someone in the roulette who would rather suicide than play as a citizen?

I decided to unvote him because his clue has the potential to give us information and because I am suspicious of Hayley for reasons I have said already.

Part 2: Analysis
Post 1 Thoughts: Interesting idea, this should be fun!
Post 2 Initial Thoughts: Wow what a bitch! You get cit so you almost suicide. If you are going to act that way then might as well send you to the roulette
Post 2 Pre Clue Mechanic Thoughts: Ok he is either a bitch or he is lying, something is seriously wrong with this guy’s citizen claim.
Post 2 Post Clue Mechanic Thoughts: Definitely scum, smart enough to wifom ragequitting citizen and probably read the clue mechanic and tried to abuse the “mystery” of it
Post 3 Thoughts: HERP DERP HE CLAIMED CITIZEN, HE MUST BE TELLING THE TRUTH, UNVOTE! *facepalm*
Post 4 Thoughts: Again playing the clue card, and wifoming dumb cit. Also covering his ass in case SOMEONE ELSE CLAIMS CIT!
Post 5 Rationale: I baited her with insults to make sure she responded, I actually found it a useful tool for gathering information. Everything else I have explained, man I feel retarded for missing clue wifom day 1
Post 6 Thoughts: Scumtell! vote anyone who votes you
Post 7 Thoughts: Learn2Wifom… the point of the citizen claim is to give us something to talk about without information. I liked the idea a lot actually but I was really disappointed by your justification of it. Things you missed…
1) Scum can claim cit first (told you so)
2) A cit may not want to claim cit because they don’t want to take a roulette for vault 5
3) If there isn’t a better lynch target we can put the cit in the roulette and nothing of value was lost. Of course if the cit contributes to the conversation and is an effective scum hunter we can just send a dumbass to the roulette instead but there is still that fear which is why a cit might not claim
4) A town PR could claim cit as some sort of a stupid gambit
5) More posibilites I didn’t think of
The correct reason is that it gives us a tool to discuss and scumhunt with
Post 8 Rationale: Speaks for itself, Told you guys :p
Post 10 Thoughts: This is why we read the rules… meh everyone including me makes mistakes
Post 11 Rationale: I bought the I’m a retarded cit wifom :(
Post 12 Thoughts: Keeping up the retarded citizen gambit
Post 13 Thoughts: This makes me think that Law is scum as well. Under the hypothetical that Steve is the confirmed Enclave and there is another Enclave in the random any’s I am willing to bet it would be Law. He wants to defend steve and provides an explination for what happened as well. Also I don’t believe you would have thought of that Law, you are either scum or dumb.
Post 14 Thoughts: FACEPALM
Post 15 Rationale: The “I almost suicided because I am a cit comment offended me to the core to the point where I was blinded to the brilliance of the wifom. Why it offended me is simple, because citizens should try to contribute and make good chat. This isn’t fucking sc2mafia retard land where no one will play a game with citizens, if you are going to have that kind of attitude please go back there and don’t waste my time with forum mafia. If that was genuine then he is a fucking retard who is a waste of oxygen.

Part 3: Conclusions
-If Steve Flips Enclave Law might be Enclave buddying with him
-Steve is smarter than he seems
-It is unlikely but possible Steve is jester or ghost, he couldn’t have predicted Hayley dying from roulette and being citizen
-hopefully steve dies because that gives us the most information

Gaunt
June 27th, 2012, 05:51 PM
really entertaining day if I don't say so myself