PDA

View Full Version : Day 1: Apocalypse Now

Forum Mafia GM
June 24th, 2012, 05:45 AM
Good morning, rise and shine vault-dwellers, wake up and greet the next day of the rest of your lives!

I have been contacted by our dear new friends at the NCR and they've been complaining that none of y'all have been responding to their hails. In fact, I aint heard a peep out of ya! You know that Intercommy-thing on the wall? Speak near that once in a while, folks!

Anyway, an NCR column is currently on its way.

This is Roxy with Galaxy Radio, making your spurs jingle, jangle jingle...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RcJLOl1nPk (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RcJLOl1nPk)

Bragg
June 24th, 2012, 06:54 AM
hey scumbags. nothing happened to me last night

Paul
June 24th, 2012, 08:17 AM
hey scumbags. nothing happened to me last night

From the FAQ:

On Night 0 no night actions are taken.

So, yeah, nothing happened to me either then.

How exactly does this work? Do we have to survive until Day 4 in order to join the "main" FM?

Can we lynch on Day One?

What if there are multiple mafia members in our Vault (from different factions)? Can they all attack at night?

Forum Mafia GM
June 24th, 2012, 08:24 AM
FAQ has been updated.

Wicket
June 24th, 2012, 10:02 AM
Welcome to the second troll day of FM 13. Please stay calm another day of trollage will occur shortly!

Phoebe
June 24th, 2012, 11:06 AM
i am the haed vigi!! move along ppl i kill all the trlls and maf 8)
ow8 no actions :(

Phoebe
June 24th, 2012, 11:20 AM
how mny voets r needed to lynch?/

also we should try to lynch scum! lets add pressure!!
-vote Lei

Phoebe
June 24th, 2012, 11:23 AM
also y is it 2021 and thre is crppyy old music??

Rodgers
June 24th, 2012, 12:15 PM
this fm is really weird. its like an fm inside another fm. fmception!

pheobe, i like your avatar.

Rachel
June 24th, 2012, 02:58 PM
We are Vault 66.
Like Route 66, we will be famous!

Ben
June 24th, 2012, 03:13 PM
Only the lucky few who will make it out alive are going to be famous. Question is, who's it going to be? I sense that the force is not strong in Phoebe and Rachel. They may need some shepherding.

Ben
June 24th, 2012, 03:35 PM
Can Hidden Wastelanders on the role list be neutral killers? In the rolecards thread they're named Wasteland Wanderers

Did the jailer/journalist/architect/devourer/hitman get an action on day 0?

Phoebe
June 24th, 2012, 03:37 PM
thx rodger. also Ben u dare threten the head vigilante ??

Forum Mafia GM
June 24th, 2012, 03:37 PM
Can Hidden Wastelanders on the role list be neutral killers? In the rolecards thread they're named Wasteland Wanderers
Yes, they fall under the category of Wastelanders.

Did the jailer/journalist/architect/devourer/hitman get an action on day 0?
No, no one received an action on day 0/night 0 of any kind.

Phoebe
June 24th, 2012, 03:40 PM
thse 3 ngroes r yet to respnd

Biggs
Klaus
Lei

Ben
June 24th, 2012, 03:43 PM
thx rodger. also Ben u dare threten the head vigilante ??

I'm threatening noone Sith lord Kermit, but you do seem a bit trigger-happy with that gun of yours. It'd be better if we kept you on a short leash until we figure out what game you're playing.

Wicket
June 24th, 2012, 04:18 PM
thse 3 ngroes r yet to respnd

Biggs
Klaus
Lei

Either they aren't aware of the vault mechanic, or they are from the east.

Questiontime:

What do you think would be the best action for today?

Do you believe in the balancing skills of our host?

What is the meaning of our existence?

Forum Mafia GM
June 24th, 2012, 05:25 PM
Roxy still here, bringing you all the wasteland news you could possibly ask for!

I'm fairly bored tonight, so it looks like I'll be looking for some interviews to entertain myself. Y'all have been warned, Rox ouuttt.

Phoebe
June 24th, 2012, 05:37 PM

Questiontime:

look for scum!

yea

to bring justice into this land!!

Roxy still here, bringing you all the wasteland news you could possibly ask for!

I'm fairly bored tonight, so it looks like I'll be looking for some interviews to entertain myself. Y'all have been warned, Rox ouuttt.

me pls pick me!! i want to be interveiwd

Klaus
June 24th, 2012, 07:27 PM

Questiontime:

Klaus is here, ja. I am trapped inside a glass bowl and a vault at ze same time!

I believe our best action is to ask questions for today. It will be most rewarding, ja? Lynching could be too ambitious, especially since we should find out how many killers zere are by the number of deaths tomorrow, ja? If there is any at all!

I would hope zat ze Game Master knows how to balance, otherwise it could be most unpleasant in ze coming days.

Meaning of existence is 42!

Klaus
June 24th, 2012, 07:30 PM
How does everyone feel about ze apocalypse? Too much fire and brimstone, I suspect.

Does everyone think it would be good idea to pressure vote someone? Phoebe, why choose to presure vote Lei? There must be some reason, ja?

Biggs
June 24th, 2012, 08:04 PM
So many hiden anys.. who knows what could be out there.. beyond the wastelands.. dawg

Lei
June 24th, 2012, 08:17 PM
Wow this vault mechanic is wierd but it means we don't have to read 50 pages of trolling and spam everyday so I'm happy about that. I agree with Klaus that we should wait and see what happens and ask questions because we don't know anything now.

I don't get why phoebe is voting me. He could be mafia or executioner taking control of daytime with a randomlynch and I don't like it.

I think that the hosts know what their doing but that roles list we have is kind of crazy with all the hidden any. A red mafia and orange mafia must be on there and maybe another killer too.

Paul
June 24th, 2012, 08:42 PM
I think that the hosts know what their doing but that roles list we have is kind of crazy with all the hidden any. A red mafia and orange mafia must be on there and maybe another killer too.

Why do you think there is both a red and orange mafia? And a neutral killer? You realize we have to survive 3 days and 2 nights in here, right (since night 3 does not allow night actions)? That would be 6 kills in 2 nights. A bit much, I think, balance-wise.

Chances are that Luna has balanced this pretty well. There might not even be a killing role in our setup (though I suspect at least one to get the ball rolling and the accusations flying).

I don't necessarily see any harm in pressure voting you. We can't spend this entire time not getting information, otherwise it's a waste. We could twiddle our thumbs for 3 days, lynching no one, and just have two random players die. Or, we could actually net something useful out of these few days.

-vote Lei

I'm also suspicious of our two apparent "noobs" in the group (Phoebe and Rodgers) who have apparently buddied up a little.

Rachel
June 24th, 2012, 10:36 PM
How many vaults are there?

If a Mafia team is broken up, as in multiple people in different vaults, do they still get only 1 kill as a team?

If the second is true, then I could see it being balanced, Paul.
If otherwise, I agree with you, would be extremely unbalanced to have 6 kpn in a small setting like this.

Forum Mafia GM
June 25th, 2012, 03:44 AM
How many vaults are there?
You don't know. You're stuck in one :)

If a Mafia team is broken up, as in multiple people in different vaults, do they still get only 1 kill as a team?
I have answered this question in the FAQ. They do not get 1 kill as a team, each vault is treated as a separate game and any eligible Enclave/BoS member can be sent for the kill.

Bragg
June 25th, 2012, 07:09 AM
we got us a vault of big talkers here ladies and gents! dont look at me! I was partying yesterday and didnt have time to read up on everything :D

there's no way they put 3 killers in this because if 3 died each night and we lynched 2-3 there'd be hardly any survivors. maybe if one killer killed another night 1 kill there'd be less on night 2 but then its still imba. Lei says we should ask questions makes one post and disappears and doesnt ask any. he is scum or rtard and he shud talk more so we can find out which

vote Lie

Rachel
June 25th, 2012, 09:25 AM
Lynch train already. Let us see where this goes.

Wicket
June 25th, 2012, 09:49 AM
we got us a vault of big talkers here ladies and gents! dont look at me! I was partying yesterday and didnt have time to read up on everything :D

there's no way they put 3 killers in this because if 3 died each night and we lynched 2-3 there'd be hardly any survivors. maybe if one killer killed another night 1 kill there'd be less on night 2 but then its still imba. Lei says we should ask questions makes one post and disappears and doesnt ask any. he is scum or rtard and he shud talk more so we can find out which

vote Lie

It's Lei not Lie.

But Bragg!? Klaus did literally the same thing. Why Lei and not Klaus?

Rachel
June 25th, 2012, 12:10 PM
It is, entirely possible, we have no scum and another vault is full of scum.

Klaus
June 25th, 2012, 12:15 PM
It's Lei not Lie.

But Bragg!? Klaus did literally the same thing. Why Lei and not Klaus?

To be fair, i did make at least 2 posts, ja?

And my question to Phoebe has still not been answered, which iz most unfortunate.

Wicket
June 25th, 2012, 01:10 PM
It seems like pressuring Lei is our only option for today.

-vote Lei

Bragg
June 25th, 2012, 01:44 PM
no, Klaus and Lie didnt do the same. Klaus was fishing for opinions on what to do while Lie just agreed and posted a stupid assumption along with some SC2 mafia defence to stop pressure votes on him. omg exec dont random lynch!

Wicket
June 25th, 2012, 01:53 PM
I don't think Klaus is the kind of fish, who likes fishing.

Rodgers
June 25th, 2012, 02:13 PM
why are we all voting for lei? im not sure i understand. are we trying to get him to claim his role?

Biggs
June 25th, 2012, 02:52 PM
It's 6 votes to lynch, and lei is already on 4. Anyone who votes on him more is scum.

Lynching today is a pretty bad idea imo.

/badatkeepingcharacter

@rodgers, you should get an avatar

Phoebe
June 25th, 2012, 03:06 PM
How does everyone feel about ze apocalypse? Too much fire and brimstone, I suspect.

Does everyone think it would be good idea to pressure vote someone? Phoebe, why choose to presure vote Lei? There must be some reason, ja?

i wnted to see who wuld side wit who. i am pro head vigi!! 8)

-unvote Lei

Rodgers
June 25th, 2012, 03:08 PM
@rodgers, you should get an avatar

Thank you biggs. i took the first rodgers off of google that i could find. :D

Ben
June 25th, 2012, 03:26 PM
I'm not sure what you all are trying to achieve by voting up Lei. There's no substantial evidence against him as far as I can see. Without night action feedback we have no clue what we're up against as we're completely in the dark as to what roles are inside our vault. It's too early to force anyone to roleclaim if you ask me, because no one can counterclaim or come out with evidence to the contrary. We will have two days to pressure or try and get a well-founded lynch. Let's be sensible about this and be patient. It would suck hard if we gave scum the chance to hammer on the first day when we have no idea what's going on.

@Biggs&Rodgers, there is a rule against changing your avatar after day/night 0. Hopefully the host will overlook it for day 1 because it isn't possible yet to pass around any information that you didn't have already on night 0.

Forum Mafia GM
June 25th, 2012, 03:45 PM
Well howdy folks! Looks like things have been quiet for y'all today.

Roxy's here to wish you goodnight, gotta prepare for them NCR folks coming am I right?

This here is a melody which helps me get to sleep at night, but of course I've played it before. We all know the story of Texas Red and the Ranger by now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPArO-OI_3U