PDA

View Full Version : FAQ Thread (Questions for Queen Luna)

Klaus
June 22nd, 2012, 03:24 PM
We can ask Luna dem FAQ questions here so she can update instead of scouring through our night chats.

Klaus
June 22nd, 2012, 03:52 PM
#1) Can multiple mafia members kill on the same night? (i.e. - if we have 1 mafia member in vault 37 and another in vault 66 (and they are the only red mafia in those vaults), can both of them kill someone? Or do we share one KPN between us each night?

#2) Is day and night chat limited to our vaults until Day 3? Once we are on the surface (day 3), does it become like Day 0 where we can all talk amongst each other (the remaining living players)?

#3) Were roles randomized in these vaults? Or were they chosen?

Forum Mafia GM
June 22nd, 2012, 04:00 PM
#1) Can multiple mafia members kill on the same night? (i.e. - if we have 1 mafia member in vault 37 and another in vault 66 (and they are the only red mafia in those vaults), can both of them kill someone? Or do we share one KPN between us each night?
Multiple mafia members can kill, each vault is treated like its own individual game. There are, however, mitigating circumstances. Ventriloquists cannot kill, certain vaults might not allow night-time kills, etc.

#2) Is day and night chat limited to our vaults until Day 3? Once we are on the surface (day 3), does it become like Day 0 where we can all talk amongst each other (the remaining living players)?
Day chat is limited to the vaults until Day 4. Day 1 -> Night 1 -> Day 2 -> Night 2 -> Day 3 -> Night 3 (vaults open) -> Day 4 (surface chat). From Day 4 onwards the survivors from the vaults will all join together again and the game will continue as normal.

#3) Were roles randomized in these vaults? Or were they chosen?
You do not need to know this information :)

Roger
June 22nd, 2012, 04:28 PM
What was your inspiration for this setup?

Forum Mafia GM
June 22nd, 2012, 04:37 PM
What was your inspiration for this setup?

Not sure. Had this idea many months ago. I suppose the idea grew bigger when the first few S-FMs got played and turned out to be a huge amount of fun. S-FMs have gotten longer and more complicated since then, I'm hoping that we'll see some intense old school mafia action in the vaults. The Fallout theme wasn't planned from the beginning, that came much later after I realised it was a perfect fit.

By the way, sorry about making Roger the Disguiser, but I just *had* to.

Roger
June 22nd, 2012, 04:59 PM
Not sure. Had this idea many months ago. I suppose the idea grew bigger when the first few S-FMs got played and turned out to be a huge amount of fun. S-FMs have gotten longer and more complicated since then, I'm hoping that we'll see some intense old school mafia action in the vaults. The Fallout theme wasn't planned from the beginning, that came much later after I realised it was a perfect fit.

By the way, sorry about making Roger the Disguiser, but I just *had* to.

I was just interested. It looks like a realy cool setup.

I havn't ever watched american dad before, so all I know is Roger acts out multiple personalitys:D

Roger
June 22nd, 2012, 05:00 PM
testing

Roger
June 22nd, 2012, 05:53 PM
Can I disguise in my vault, even though it has an anti-killing rule in place?

Forum Mafia GM
June 22nd, 2012, 06:10 PM
Can I disguise in my vault, even though it has an anti-killing rule in place?

You may use your disguise ability on someone you think will die, but you will not be able to kill anyone yourself unless you have control of the gun.

Gaunt
June 23rd, 2012, 05:04 AM
Can the framer control the type of false information investigative roles receive? If not how is it determined and what are the possibilities for disrupting investigative results? (what will the investigator see and what will the detective and lookout see?)

Gaunt
June 23rd, 2012, 05:06 AM
how much information will be granted once we get outside the vaults? Will we be able to see the vault chats?

Forum Mafia GM
June 23rd, 2012, 11:22 AM
Can the framer control the type of false information investigative roles receive? If not how is it determined and what are the possibilities for disrupting investigative results? (what will the investigator see and what will the detective and lookout see?)

No the framer cannot control the information. It is randomised within a set of parameters - a Lookout who receives false information will not, for example, see 30 dead people visit his target.

how much information will be granted once we get outside the vaults? Will we be able to see the vault chats?

You will not be able to see anything that has been posted in another vault. I will not be publishing any graveyards or vault role lists - players are allowed to copy paste vault role lists, graveyard lists and player lists if they so desire, but you will have to rely on players who are in the vault.

Klaus
June 25th, 2012, 05:35 PM
Luna: What happens if the Dreamer uses her power while in a vault? Is it scaled down for the mini-FMs we are all a part of, or does the Dreamer still receive 7 names from all living players?

Forum Mafia GM
June 25th, 2012, 05:36 PM
Luna: What happens if the Dreamer uses her power while in a vault? Is it scaled down for the mini-FMs we are all a part of, or does the Dreamer still receive 7 names from all living players?

It is scaled down, so in a vault with 7 people the only 7 people that will appear in the dream will be those 7.

Klaus
June 26th, 2012, 01:59 AM
What happens if one us dies? Will the rest of the mafia be informed? (and our name will be strike-through in the roster post?)

Gaunt
June 26th, 2012, 02:02 AM
What happens if one us dies? Will the rest of the mafia be informed? (and our name will be strike-through in the roster post?)

I was thinking about this, depending on Luna's answer we might need to make a check in thread.

Forum Mafia GM
June 26th, 2012, 03:10 AM

You will be informed, unless it was a Disguiser kill (in which case the player will simply appear to be afk in this chat).

You will be informed that the strike force member 'did not check in on the radio today, and is missing'. This could also apply to players who are jailed by the devourer/jailor.

Klaus
June 26th, 2012, 12:56 PM
Does the Technician in Vault 37 know he is the Technician (is he informed)?

Forum Mafia GM
June 26th, 2012, 01:33 PM
Does the Technician in Vault 37 know he is the Technician (is he informed)?

Yes, he is informed as soon as the night begins.

Gaunt
June 27th, 2012, 07:48 PM
Does the Architect chat cut off the mafia night chat? To rephrase if a mafia member was selected for the architect chat would they be cut off from mafia chat or be able to be in both chats simultaneously?

Is there a difference in what would happen if the architect targeted a ventriloquist smurf rather than the ventriloquist himself?

Gaunt
June 27th, 2012, 07:49 PM
and just for fun

Is the replacment strike force leader for us chosen by you or random.org?

Forum Mafia GM
June 28th, 2012, 12:45 AM
Does the Architect chat cut off the mafia night chat? To rephrase if a mafia member was selected for the architect chat would they be cut off from mafia chat or be able to be in both chats simultaneously?
A player can be in the Architect chat and other night chats at the same time.

Is there a difference in what would happen if the architect targeted a ventriloquist smurf rather than the ventriloquist himself?
No.

Is the replacment strike force leader for us chosen by you or random.org?
random.org

Klaus
July 3rd, 2012, 11:16 AM
Can Law give a gun using the gunsmith tools and use his Actress ability?

Forum Mafia GM
July 3rd, 2012, 11:17 AM
Can Law give a gun using the gunsmith tools and use his Actress ability?

No, he must choose one or the other.

Klaus
July 3rd, 2012, 11:19 AM
If the Chairman chooses a mafia to join his Secret Club, do they have access to mafia chat as well as the Secret Club chat?

Forum Mafia GM
July 3rd, 2012, 11:21 AM
If the Chairman chooses a mafia to join his Secret Club, do they have access to mafia chat as well as the Secret Club chat?

Yes.

Gaunt
July 4th, 2012, 10:20 AM
Are puppets able to receive and use items like guns?

Forum Mafia GM
July 4th, 2012, 10:45 AM
Are puppets able to receive and use items like guns?

Yup.

Klaus
July 4th, 2012, 12:33 PM
How much information does cleaning conceal?

Forum Mafia GM
July 4th, 2012, 12:53 PM
How much information does cleaning conceal?

It conceals the death description as well, like it did with Yoda.

Under the death description categories there is a separate one for cleaned kills (Janitor/Devourer/Disguiser jump/etc.)

Roger
July 4th, 2012, 01:03 PM
Okay then, my bad. Thought we may need a fabricator.

Roger
July 4th, 2012, 02:59 PM
If I disguise as the person with the veteran gun, will I also get the gun?

Forum Mafia GM
July 4th, 2012, 03:03 PM
If I disguise as the person with the veteran gun, will I also get the gun?

No, unfortunately.

Klaus
July 6th, 2012, 04:38 PM
Do all the purple neutrals show up as Suspicious to a Sane Sheriff? (if not framed)

Law
July 6th, 2012, 04:41 PM
Do all the purple neutrals show up as Suspicious to a Sane Sheriff? (if not framed)

Yes, read the sheriff role card. Abilities: At night you may check a single target. If your target is an NCR or Benign Neutral role they will come up as 'Not Suspicious'. Otherwise your target will come up as 'Suspicious'.

Law
July 6th, 2012, 05:08 PM
If a puppet is jailed can the ventriloquist participate in his normal night chat through his regular account while also communicating to the jailor/devourer through his puppet in jail chat?

Klaus
July 6th, 2012, 05:10 PM
If a puppet is jailed can the ventriloquist participate in his normal night chat through his regular account while also communicating to the jailor/devourer through his puppet in jail chat?

Yes, I have asked this to Luna already.

If Klaus is jailed, I lose access to mafia chat. If Paul/Rodgers is jailed, Klaus still has access to mafia chat.

Law
July 6th, 2012, 06:19 PM
Hypothetical situation: A disguiser disguises as a player that has a student. Will the student continue to learn his mentor's original role, or will the disguiser become his new mentor? Also, does the disguiser have access to mentor/student night chat?

Gaunt
July 6th, 2012, 11:28 PM
If the disguiser disguises as a member of the Brotherhood of Steel will they gain access to Brotherhood of Steel night chat and become a member or what would happen?

Roger
July 6th, 2012, 11:31 PM
Hypothetical situation: A disguiser disguises as a player that has a student. Will the student continue to learn his mentor's original role, or will the disguiser become his new mentor? Also, does the disguiser have access to mentor/student night chat?
I was thinking that question. Probably no to Jaba becoming my student, but we can hope.

If the disguiser disguises as a member of the Brotherhood of Steel will they gain access to Brotherhood of Steel night chat and become a member or what would happen?

I can answer that question with much certainty. BoS will be notified that the person I disguised as is no longer particpating in night chat. There is no way I would be able to see the members list.

Forum Mafia GM
July 7th, 2012, 03:50 AM
The student will learn his original mentors role, indicating that his mentor has been killed.

No a Disguiser would not gain access to any BoS night chats.

Klaus
July 7th, 2012, 11:23 PM
Can you disguise as a player the same night they are killed? (i.e. - we shoot a player, they are healed. Brotherhood shoots the same player and kills them. Then, one of us tries to disguise as that player. Will they successfully disguise or will the account be "dead"?)

Forum Mafia GM
July 8th, 2012, 01:06 AM
Can you disguise as a player the same night they are killed? (i.e. - we shoot a player, they are healed. Brotherhood shoots the same player and kills them. Then, one of us tries to disguise as that player. Will they successfully disguise or will the account be "dead"?)

The Disguising action comes after all the killing.

As long as your target is killed by something, you will disguise.

Klaus
July 8th, 2012, 02:05 PM
If our Disguiser successfully disguises, will that be updated in our roster list?

(main reason I'm asking this question is if a bus driver drives Monica and we attempt to disguise as her and become someone else)

Forum Mafia GM
July 8th, 2012, 02:08 PM
If our Disguiser successfully disguises, will that be updated in our roster list?

(main reason I'm asking this question is if a bus driver drives Monica and we attempt to disguise as her and become someone else)

Yes.

Klaus
July 8th, 2012, 03:03 PM
If we disguise/clean the same target at night, will the effect be randomized (because they happen at the same time)? Or will disguising take effect first to negate the cleaning?

Forum Mafia GM
July 8th, 2012, 03:06 PM
If we disguise/clean the same target at night, will the effect be randomized (because they happen at the same time)? Or will disguising take effect first to negate the cleaning?

It is randomized - either the target will die and be cleaned, or the Disguiser will disguise.

Gaunt
July 10th, 2012, 04:50 PM
Can the Enclave win with the devourer? I was going over the role cards and the objective both the Enclave and Brotherhood say they must get rid of all the wasteland wanderers and the devourer is a wasteland wanderer

Forum Mafia GM
July 10th, 2012, 05:10 PM
Can the Enclave win with the devourer? I was going over the role cards and the objective both the Enclave and Brotherhood say they must get rid of all the wasteland wanderers and the devourer is a wasteland wanderer

That's an oversight, I forgot to take special account of the Devourer.

You can win with the Devourer.

Forum Mafia GM
July 10th, 2012, 05:50 PM
Should we begin discussing our night actions just an hour before the night ends, and wait until we only have a couple of minutes to spare before we submit night actions?
I would appreciate it if you made up your minds earlier, Enclave :P

Klaus
July 10th, 2012, 09:34 PM
Can actions be performed on a devoured player (i.e. - can a Janitor clean a player that has been executed by a Devourer)?

Forum Mafia GM
July 11th, 2012, 03:41 AM
Can actions be performed on a devoured player (i.e. - can a Janitor clean a player that has been executed by a Devourer)?

36. Jailing grants immunity to all actions. Does this include getting bus driven/kidnapped/interviewed, receiving items and getting drugged, accepting contracts, getting bodyguard protected, appearing in a dream, getting Sleuth read/recruited/converted/investigated/framed/blackmailed/cleaned!/lawyered, actress disguising, getting your Soul stolen/annoyed/ninja'd/witched/invited to the club/doused/devoured? (witching/annoying are in there for the feedback message - is it omitted?)
The jailed target cannot be bus driven, kidnapped or interviewed. They may not receive items - if someone tries to give them an item the item will be returned to whoever gave it (which means a Gunsmith, for example, could give himself a gun). They may not accept contracts or get bodyguard protected. They may not get recruited or converted, have their soul stolen, witched, doused, ninja'd or annoyed or invited to a night chat.

The jailed target MAY get sheriff checked, framed, blackmailed, cleaned, lawyered, or actress disguised.

Law
July 12th, 2012, 08:44 AM
What happens if a player that uses a regular killing action is killed by a regular killing action? For example, a player with gunsmith gun attempts to kill someone, but is killed during the same night. Do all regular killing actions happen at the exact same time? Or is the order randomized?

Forum Mafia GM
July 12th, 2012, 09:11 AM
What happens if a player that uses a regular killing action is killed by a regular killing action? For example, a player with gunsmith gun attempts to kill someone, but is killed during the same night. Do all regular killing actions happen at the exact same time? Or is the order randomized?

It all happens at the same time, evvveeerrryyyoooonnnneeeee dies!

Law
July 12th, 2012, 09:31 AM
It all happens at the same time, evvveeerrryyyoooonnnneeeee dies!

Do you accept bribes?

Law
July 14th, 2012, 04:38 PM
Can a devourer jail and execute someone and shoot a one shot pistol at the same time?

Can tomorrow be called "Day 8: Herp Derp"?

Forum Mafia GM
July 14th, 2012, 04:39 PM
Can a devourer jail and execute someone and shoot a one shot pistol at the same time?

Can tomorrow be called "Day 8: Herp Derp"?

Yes.

No, I think it would be cruel to name a day after you :)

FM Ferengi
July 15th, 2012, 06:16 PM
Do you accept bribes?

>.>

Bribe me to post more videos in your night chat... I dare you!