PDA

View Full Version : Night 0 Chat

Forum Mafia GM
June 22nd, 2012, 02:13 PM
Greetings, Strike Force members.

You shall all have access to your vaults momentarily. I expect you'll have a LOT to discuss tonight.

Stan
June 22nd, 2012, 03:06 PM
Hello my brothers in arms!

Stan
June 22nd, 2012, 03:16 PM
After getting permission from the GM,
I am a resident of vault 103. Information following:

Role List for Vault 103:

Hidden Brotherhood of Steel
Sheriff
Hidden NCR
Hidden NCR
Hidden NCR
Hidden NCR
Hidden Any
​Hidden Any
Hidden Any

---

Participants of Vault 103:

Chewbacca
Greedo
King
Larkin
Leia
Mkoll
Monica
Stan
Tebow

King, you and I are in this vault together. I advise we coordinate activities.

Forum Mafia GM
June 22nd, 2012, 03:19 PM
Yes I apologise if it wasn't clear.

The no discussion of vaults rule is to stop discussion out of game. You may freely discuss vaults in your night chat.

You will need each others help and guidance, each of you will need to provide intel on your vault.

Lando
June 22nd, 2012, 04:33 PM
Hello! I was pretty sure that Stan was a puppet. XD
Sooo, I think every Vault plays a different role. Mine, Vault 9, is the armoury in a nutshell. The "games" revolve around giving the players weaponry.
I'll just copy-pasta the Vault information.
Welcome... to Vault 9.

Life in the vault has been especially tough. When the vault was first opened all those years ago, as fire fell from the sky, the denizens of Vault 9 were just happy to be alive. As the years passed life began to get tougher. It became clear that Vault-Tec had not built Vault 9 to conform to any luxurious standards of living, and the only entertainment came from the deranged ramblings of the local Radio Host which were aired on the Vault Broadcast System.

Just as life was beginning to become unbearable, four years ago several of the major vault life preservation systems failed simultaneously. Amidst the chaos, a small access panel which everyone had presumed faulty mysteriously slid back. Looking for a place to rest, a small boy followed the corridor behind this access panel and discovered something that would bring the vault to its knees.

An Armoury, stocked with a deadly arsenal of assault rifles, handguns and ammunition.

Almost three hundred vault dwellers died in the ensuing riots.

It is the year 2021. Only seven vault dwellers are now left. Long ago it had been decided to let the Armoury stay under lock and key, and the remaining weapons were either destroyed or locked away. Resigned to a life of misery, sitting in the burnt out shell of the vault which was once filled with the hustle and bustle of normal life, you were overjoyed to hear of the approaching New California Republic and the chance of a new, peaceful life.

It is just a few days before your vault will open onto the surface, and you have decided that it is too risky to leave the vault without the security provided by the weapons in the Armoury. With news of possible enemy agents in your midst, you have all decided that the weapons must be democratically distributed.

---

The NCR, Enclave, and Brotherhood of Steel are currently en route to the Vault-Tec installation.

Vault 9 will open in three days, on the third night.

Vault 9 will consist of three day cycles with two night cycles. The Enclave and Brotherhood of Steel may not kill anyone at night, nor may any Wasteland Wanderers or NCR Killing Roles - the only weapons available in the vault are awarded through a voting system. Once a player has been given a killing ability they may use it whenever they wish.

During each day, instead of voting to LYNCH a player, you will vote to GIFT a player a weapon. When a player has received a weapon, at night they may choose to use the abilities of their weapon OR ​use their normal night action.

Day 1: Normal majority vote - once a player is 'hammered', they will receive a TWO-SHOT VIGILANTE GUN. Kills made by this gun will register as Vigilante kills.

Day 2: Secret ballot - one vote per player, sent directly to me, whoever has the most votes at the end of the day will be gifted with a VETERAN'S ASSAULT RIFLE. The player is gifted with the option to go on Alert at night a total of THREE times, and will like a Veteran whilst on Alert. Kills made while on Alert will be registered as Veteran kills.

Day 3: Secret ballot, one vote per player, sent directly to me. Whoever has the most votes may CHOOSE to give another player the abilities of a GUNSMITH - whoever wins the secret ballot may not choose to give themselves the ability of a Gunsmith, but must pick another player. The Gunsmith will have unlimited charges of his role and may act like a normal Gunsmith.

---

Role List for Vault 9:

Hidden Any
Hidden Any
Hidden Any
Hidden Wastelander
Hidden NCR
Hidden NCR
Citizen

---

Participants of Vault 9:

Fluttershy
Han
Heihachi
Lando
Roger
Romo
Vader

Bragg
June 22nd, 2012, 05:17 PM
hello my minions :D

I dare you to guess who my puppets are. Simply to see if I've been hiding them (and myself) well enough.

Bragg
June 22nd, 2012, 05:23 PM
oh and heres vault 66

The NCR, Enclave, and Brotherhood of Steel are currently en route to the Vault-Tec installation.

Vault 66 will open in three days, on the third night.

Vault 66 will consist of three day cycles with two night cycles.

---

Role List for Vault 66:

Hidden Wastelander
Hidden Wastelander
Hidden NCR
Hidden NCR
Hidden Any
Hidden Any
Hidden Any
Hidden Any
Hidden Any
Hidden Any

---

Participants of Vault 66:

Biggs
Ben
Bragg
Klaus
Lei
Paul
Phoebe
Rachel
Rodgers
Wicket

Stan
June 22nd, 2012, 05:28 PM
Since you are my team I'll let you in on a secret. The points mean nothing, I'm pseudo-randomly distributing them and will continue to do so. You've already figured out what makes me decide to award and take points so feel free to manipulate that to your desire.

Bragg
June 22nd, 2012, 05:29 PM
so we can't nightkill anyone in vault 9 then?

we should probably let Tarkin kill someone in his vault because he cant do anything at night yet and he could become quite valuable later on. He also needs someone to rob the next night.

Bragg
June 22nd, 2012, 05:32 PM
as I understand it there wont be a public day chat until these vaults open after 3 days. And we can only perform actions on people in our own vault.

Is that how it works FM Game Master?

Forum Mafia GM
June 22nd, 2012, 05:38 PM
as I understand it there wont be a public day chat until these vaults open after 3 days. And we can only perform actions on people in our own vault.

Is that how it works FM Game Master?

Correct.

Each vault is its own completely individual game. The only exception to this is that the Enclave and Brotherhood of Steel can talk at night.

This also means that, while you can't interact with people outside of your vault, the mafia do not rely on a single shared kill. A single eligible mafia member can be sent to kill in each vault - each vault may have different restrictions on night-time kills, however.

Lando
June 22nd, 2012, 05:44 PM
I wasn't looking for puppets, but I knew they were there. We got 48 roles and 52 players. So there may be a Ventriloquist in the other Mafia team as well.

So you are saying that your Vaults don't have anything special to them?

We should share information about the Vaults asap.
Keep us up to date with the developments in your Vault

These few days in the vaults will play a major role in the days after the escape.
Everybody gets to use two night actions and permanent abilities and some with charges are given out.
The other Vault members will take those information into the main part of the game. So be careful about the prizes you go for as to not end as a Town directed PR.

Vick
June 22nd, 2012, 05:45 PM
---

Role List for Vault 21:

Hidden Brotherhood of Steel
Hidden Wastelander
Hidden NCR
Hidden NCR
Citizen
Hidden Any
Hidden Any
Hidden Any
Hidden Any

---

Participants of Vault 21:

Brees
Eddy
Luke
Manning
Rawne
Owen
Tarkin
Vick
Wedge

------------------------------------------

Hey there dudes. Looks like me and Tarkin are teamed up for vault 21. There's also an interesting bit here about our vault:

"Due to the dire need for sustenance in the vault, when a player is lynched their name, role and alignment will not be shown in the graveyard. Instead the vault inhabitants will overpower the lynch target, kill him, and then strip the flesh from his bones.

This act of cannibalism will cause lynched players to show up as ??? in the graveyard. A lynched player may not have a last will, and an autopsy may not discover the true identity or role of the victim. Coroners, Morticians, Grave Robbers, Amnesiacs and other roles which interact with dead bodies will still behave as normal, just the identity and role of the victim are kept hidden."

----------------------------

So if any of us take a bullet they won't get to know if they guess right or not until later in the game. Tarkin, we gots to get together for some plannin' yo.

Bragg
June 22nd, 2012, 05:49 PM
nope, my vault looks like a normal vault.

It just says this:

None of you were particularly concerned. The vault doors are set to open in three days time, but everyone had already stated their intentions to stay within the vault. Life was safe and the setting was comfortable. This was until an automated message was broadcast over the Vault Radio Broadcast System:

<< ALERT: SECURITY COUNTER-MEASURES ONLINE. EVACUATION COUNTDOWN - 72h 00m 00s>>

<< ALERT: SECURITY COUNTER-MEASURES ONLINE. EVACUATION COUNTDOWN - 71h 58m 29s>>

After reading the Vault-Tec manual, you realise with dread that the vault will be flooded with toxic gas, and anyone left in the vault when the timer runs out will suffer a horrendous death.

Forced into the wasteland and the advancing NCR forces, you know that you have little choice but join the action.

but that means that we have to get the hell out of there after 3 days, not much else. It might only be a problem if theres a jailor in my vault and he doesnt release his prisoner or something like that

Lando
June 22nd, 2012, 05:51 PM
Let's split this discussion up in a thread for each vault to keep things organized.

Bragg
June 22nd, 2012, 05:54 PM
good idea Lando

I'll make a thread with everything about vault 66

Vick
June 22nd, 2012, 06:06 PM
As you can see, there's a Vault 21 thread up as well.

Bragg
June 22nd, 2012, 06:12 PM
Made my thread. My puppets are Ben and Lei.

Lando
June 22nd, 2012, 06:30 PM
What about your availablity the remaining hours of the night?
When will you be there?
It looks pretty bad on my side. I will go to bed soon and will have around 4 hours where I am pseudo available. The remaining 8 hours of the day I will be unavailable.

Lando
June 22nd, 2012, 06:42 PM
I'm unavailabe now. I'll be back in around 8 hours and will try to strategize around the information we have.

Bragg
June 22nd, 2012, 07:27 PM
I may pop in and out throughout the day.

Posted a combined roles/players list in a separate thread:
http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php/9302-combined-vault-players-roles-list

assumption warning
we had 2 vaults with a confirmed brotherhood of steel member in them. the 2 vaults we know nothing about must have at least one confirmed enclave member in them and probably one hidden. So that leaves up to 4 red mafia sharing vaults with us.

If we assume that the vaults with 2 orange mafia members don't have any red ones and vaults with 2 red mafia members are the ones we don't have access to, that means there's 2 missing red mafia members. One in vault 66 and one in vault 9.

If we assume that all ventriloquists are treated equally, there can't be a red ventriloquist in vault 9 because it only has 2 hidden any slots. Same for vault 103. I doubt they'd put another ventriloquist in vault 66 because with 4 puppets in a 10 man chat it would just get silly. So either there is no red ventriloquist and we'll find 2 fake accounts dead when the vaults are opened, or the ventriloquist is in vault 21 (though that would make 3 mafia and 2 puppets which is also rather much), or he is in a vault we don't have access to (most likely possibility if there is one at all).

Vick
June 22nd, 2012, 07:39 PM
Ah damn. I guessed about the same thing as you in your combined thread before I read this. Sorry, I swear I wasn't trying to copy you.

Vick
June 22nd, 2012, 07:44 PM
Anyway dudes, my availability.

Sunday is goign to be kinda bad for me, but I will try to be around as much as possible. I'll be poppin' in and out for the rest of the night. (I am on Pacific Time, btw.)

Bragg
June 22nd, 2012, 07:46 PM
Sunday will be bad for me as well because I have a house warming party to attend to.

Vick
June 22nd, 2012, 07:52 PM
Sunday will be bad for me as well because I have a house warming party to attend to.

Ironically that will be me next week. Moving is a pain in the ass dude.

Bragg
June 22nd, 2012, 07:57 PM
Ok, thanks for telling ahead of time.

I'm going off now. King, Stan and Tarkin please post your opinions in this thread and the separate vault threads when you're on

Vick
June 22nd, 2012, 10:24 PM
Yo dudes.

Still no Tarkin or King? Hope they don't plan on skipping out, I don't recall them posting much on Day 0 either.

Tarkin
June 22nd, 2012, 11:00 PM
Hi, I will be gone for almost all of Saturday so I won't be able to post much tonight. I need to read about this setup as well.

I would have said let me kill tonight but there are no night actions on night 0 in Vault 21. Maybe Bragg should kill instead.

Lando
June 23rd, 2012, 03:38 AM
My plans for the next 3 hours got canceled. I'm here and currently devising my strategy for Vault 9. (Playing like I would if I were Town)

Lando
June 23rd, 2012, 05:34 AM
Isn't there anything special about Vault 103? Just to make sure we ain't missing anything.

Lando
June 23rd, 2012, 06:18 AM
I'm unavailable for the rest of the night. I will try to sneak in a few minutes before the night ends to read up and comment on what you post. But otherwise good luck to you guys.

We totally need more discussion in here. I expect at least a summary of what happened during your day when the next night starts. Notes on the personality of the other players are appreciated, too.

Vick
June 23rd, 2012, 06:20 AM
The problem is Stan only posted a tiny bit of info on Vault 103, and king hasn't posted... at all.

Stan
June 23rd, 2012, 09:14 AM
Welcome... to Vault 103.

The underground fallout shelters, provided by Vault-Tec, were supposed to be a sanctuary. As the bombs fell and the desperate populace fled underground, the denizens of Vault 103 had no idea they were stepping into their own nightmare. Vault life seemed fine... at first. As the weeks dragged on, people began to hear noises. It started off subtle, a chord here, a jingle there.

The year is 2021. Nine years have passed since the War. Out of the hundreds who once inhabited Vault 103, only nine remain. For years unholy sounds have blasted through the corridors of the vault. Some were driven mad, others took their own life.

In three days the door of Vault 103 will open. The survivors of Vault 103 wish only to reach the surface and wait for the fabled 'New California Republic' to liberate them. Talk of possible traitors hidden amongst the vault populace has put many on edge, and everyone has reached breaking point.

You must face and overcome the physical and mental hardships ahead of you if you are to escape Vault 103 and make it into the safe embrace of the NCR. More importantly, you must defeat the evil in your midst without succumbing to... the aural torture.

aka my vault is going to have random hidden JUSTIN FRIGGIN BIEBER music playing in every thread. I may go insane.

Tarkin
June 23rd, 2012, 01:12 PM
I expect most of the hidden role list will be filled with cits or underpowered PRs like in FM 10. A lot of PRs might keep to their vaults even after they join the main game because there is almost guaranteed to be 2 mafia in each of them and as the role list gets smaller it will get more and more likely we will be checked. With loads of little role lists to fit people into we don't want to kill too many of one vault or we will be found just by process of elimination.

The sheriff should be in a red / orange vault instead of a 2 orange or 2 red vault for balance reasons so keep a look out for him those vaults.

I feel sorry for the chairman because he won't be able to add anyone to his club until night 4 because people will know which vault he's from ^^. If he wants to take the risk we might be able to find the cult leader depending on which vault dead cultists are from.

Tarkin
June 23rd, 2012, 01:44 PM
Just noticed that the sheriff is a confirmed role in 103. Sorry for not reading stuff properly, I do that a lot :S

Can you make a thread for vault 103, Stan or King, so we can discuss what's happening there?

Sorry if these questions have been asked before or are in the rules. You can ignore them if they are.

Could masons be split between vaults?
Could smurfs be split between vaults?

I noticed that Luke (Vault 21) had a super moderator purple badge under his name for a few minutes after his first post. I thought he could be another fm Raiden or it could be nothing.

Forum Mafia GM
June 23rd, 2012, 01:48 PM
J
Sorry if these questions have been asked before or are in the rules. You can ignore them if they are.

Could masons be split between vaults?
Could smurfs be split between vaults?

I noticed that Luke (Vault 21) had a super moderator purple badge under his name for a few minutes after his first post. I thought he could be another fm Raiden or it could be nothing.

Answered in your FAQ.

Tarkin
June 23rd, 2012, 01:54 PM
Just noticed that the sheriff is a confirmed role in 103. Sorry for not reading stuff properly, I do that a lot :S

But he might not be the sane sheriff...

I hope I'm not like this all game :S

Thanks Luna. So we could potentially have red spies in our vaults even without having a red mafia member.

Lando
June 23rd, 2012, 02:33 PM
Btw I'm here now for about 15mins. Reading up what you discussed right now.

Bragg
June 23rd, 2012, 02:54 PM
Beware that it says there is a confirmed sheriff, not that it's a sane sheriff. It could be any type of sheriff. Hence I struck it down as the sane sheriff OR town PR in the combined roles list.

Bragg
June 23rd, 2012, 02:56 PM
oh nevermind I didn't read your next post yet :$

Lando
June 23rd, 2012, 05:24 PM
Just noticed that the night is about 39 hours long. So you'll have me around before the night ends.

Vick
June 23rd, 2012, 06:03 PM
Aaaaaaaand still no King? What's the dealio?

I completely forgot there were insane sheriffs in this setup as well. That's going to muddy things up.

Tarkin
June 24th, 2012, 12:13 AM
When coroners check a dead body do they see who really killed that person or do they still see the fabricator kill message?
Is the "sheriff" in the Hidden town role list always sane?
Can you frame, blackmail, block, investigate, drug, clean, impersonate, attack, read + change the last wills of yourself and/or your team mates?
Does the framer choose which information each investigative role receives?
There are no investigation pairings or the investigator role. Is consigliere meant to be in the role list?
Can the drug dealer leave jester annoy messages as well as the notification?
Is the ghost told which faction he needs to see lose even if a fabricator kill is used or a player of unknown alignment hammers him?

We're going to have to come up with last wills on night 1 because of sleuths.

If any of us are blocked when sent out for a kill it might not be a great idea revealing it because in such a small role list there won't be many other reasons why that kill didn't go through. You could have targeted a whore who doesn't know if she blocks people or a medical student could have 'healed' you and might think you've been attacked. If any of us are blocked we should probably let someone else kill in case we were targeted by a schoolteacher or an escort who wants to block us again.

Forum Mafia GM
June 24th, 2012, 04:53 AM
This chat will be closed in approximately an hour.

You will still be able to view this forum during the day, just not post.