PDA

View Full Version : When the town calls YOU retarded

EagleMan
June 8th, 2012, 06:07 PM
Anyone else encountered situations where the town thought you were the retard despite blatant evidence to the contrary?

Town was raging after the game ended, and I got sent this after the game was over:
Tychus: WHY DIDNT YOU VOTE TO KILL THE SK?
You: because it wouldnt have mattered
mafioso wouldve killed jailor that night all the same
do you not realize this?
Tychus: YES IT WOULD HAVE. SK DIES, MAF KILLS VETERAN, JAILOR KILLS MAF AND EXECUTES. TOWN WIN BITCH
DO YOU NOT REALIZE THIS?
You: why would maf attack me?
he knew i was veteran
Tychus: STUPID CONDESCENDING MOTHER FUCKER
You: jailor couldnt jail with a lynch
The player is ignoring you.

The situation was that it was 4 people left - Me, the Veteran, a Jailor, a SK and a Mafioso. They tried to vote up the SK, but it didn't really matter either way to me. Apparently, people thought I should've lynched him, as the town could somehow win then, because then that night the Mafioso would for some reason choose to attack me despite my being known as a Veteran, instead of the known Jailor, and then it would just be the two of them left, and SOMEHOW it would go to nighttime where the Jailor could execute the Mafioso.

At any rate, the Jailor executed the SK that night, and Mafioso SURPRISINGLY chose to attack the Jailor. Apparently he would've chosen to attack me had we lynched the SK? I don't know.

This town in the early game also lynched a person day one, because of a Executioner claiming Detective and that Orange was the SK, then when he claimed Coroner the "Detective" said he was Janitor and people still lynched OJ Day 1 anyways. Clearly an intelligent lot. I was the only one to vote innocent on that poor soul.

It's also apparently condescending to point out that the game doesn't work the way he'd like. Oh well.

Raptorblaze
June 13th, 2012, 12:42 PM
I kinda wish he had reported it so I'd have a replay...

RookRanger
June 13th, 2012, 12:50 PM
all i can say is yes it was quite a immpossible situation u were in but even if there is a chance of winning u should of tried it bec yes in mafia its gd to know ur role and hav all the cards but its even better to know when to use them at the right time. as well as this is 1 side of a 2 sided coin without the replay nothing more can be said.
But heres some advice dont hide ur talents or skills for what is a sundial in the shade.

EagleMan
June 13th, 2012, 01:09 PM
It was a loss regardless because I had no alerts left, even if they had chosen to attack me it would've succeeded. Everyone knew who everyone else was, except the townies didn't know who was SK/Mafioso.

JackWolfsong
June 13th, 2012, 03:05 PM
You did very well. I would not say a word about my alerts just put into ether something like 'Next night is gonna be awesum I bet ;)' and you could pray for SK killing Mafioso and other way round. Jailor should have definitely jail someone depending if invulnerability of SK was present or not.

EliteMarine
June 13th, 2012, 03:33 PM
Anyone else encountered situations where the town thought you were the retard despite blatant evidence to the contrary?

Town was raging after the game ended, and I got sent this after the game was over:
Tychus: WHY DIDNT YOU VOTE TO KILL THE SK?
You: because it wouldnt have mattered
mafioso wouldve killed jailor that night all the same
do you not realize this?
Tychus: YES IT WOULD HAVE. SK DIES, MAF KILLS VETERAN, JAILOR KILLS MAF AND EXECUTES. TOWN WIN BITCH
DO YOU NOT REALIZE THIS?
You: why would maf attack me?
he knew i was veteran
Tychus: STUPID CONDESCENDING MOTHER FUCKER
You: jailor couldnt jail with a lynch
The player is ignoring you.

The situation was that it was 4 people left - Me, the Veteran, a Jailor, a SK and a Mafioso. They tried to vote up the SK, but it didn't really matter either way to me. Apparently, people thought I should've lynched him, as the town could somehow win then, because then that night the Mafioso would for some reason choose to attack me despite my being known as a Veteran, instead of the known Jailor, and then it would just be the two of them left, and SOMEHOW it would go to nighttime where the Jailor could execute the Mafioso.

At any rate, the Jailor executed the SK that night, and Mafioso SURPRISINGLY chose to attack the Jailor. Apparently he would've chosen to attack me had we lynched the SK? I don't know.

This town in the early game also lynched a person day one, because of a Executioner claiming Detective and that Orange was the SK, then when he claimed Coroner the "Detective" said he was Janitor and people still lynched OJ Day 1 anyways. Clearly an intelligent lot. I was the only one to vote innocent on that poor soul.

It's also apparently condescending to point out that the game doesn't work the way he'd like. Oh well.

3 Words.

Welcome to Mafia.

EagleMan
June 13th, 2012, 04:38 PM
You did very well. I would not say a word about my alerts just put into ether something like 'Next night is gonna be awesum I bet ;)' and you could pray for SK killing Mafioso and other way round. Jailor should have definitely jail someone depending if invulnerability of SK was present or not.
Yeah, I didn't say I had no alerts left, but it's a good idea to assume a Veteran is always using an alert even if they have a limit.

Xen
June 13th, 2012, 04:43 PM
Ban this gamethrower.

Brendan
June 13th, 2012, 05:10 PM
I second Xen's notion. Umad jew?

Guardian
June 14th, 2012, 05:39 AM
@Eagle
Town needs someone to blame. Because they're supposed to win most of the time......

Actually, what you should have done was tell the jailer to not jail anyone.
At least, then you'd have a chance of winning when the SK and Mafioso hit each other.

J
June 14th, 2012, 06:04 AM
Played a game today where setup went: Game start > Day 1 (No Lynch) > Night 1 > Day 2. Town random voted someone Day 2, he was put up for trial. He used -vote to reveal as mayor. 10 people voted guilty.

??? Mafia.

RookRanger
June 14th, 2012, 09:11 AM
No j just trolls on the game or lesser intelligent ill just repeat what epic marine said welcome to mafia

EagleMan
June 14th, 2012, 11:26 AM
"Welcome to Mafia" implies I haven't been playing it for a while. That poor Mayor.

But I've seen it before. And never was I a more happy Executioner than that day.

Menautor
June 14th, 2012, 11:44 AM
the fun part about mafia, is that depending on your perceptive, the game may seem very different to other players. I've also noticed that players get smarter in the grave lol. They seem to have all the answer once they died :) the game is based on survival right ? hehe

RookRanger
June 14th, 2012, 02:48 PM
yes but im going bk to my english roots all i seem to do is call my slef Q and give out tea and cake lol. I managed nit to get executed by jailor by giving him tea and im called the nice jailor lol bec i give them cake and tea and we chat about life. Oh does any1 want tea and cake :p

Brendan
June 16th, 2012, 12:44 PM
yes but im going bk to my english roots all i seem to do is call my slef Q and give out tea and cake lol. I managed nit to get executed by jailor by giving him tea and im called the nice jailor lol bec i give them cake and tea and we chat about life. Oh does any1 want tea and cake :p

does anyone understand this at all?

Glip
June 16th, 2012, 01:04 PM
Yes, but I'm going back to my English roots. Once, I managed to not get executed by the jailor by giving him tea, and since then I have always given the people I jail cake and tea, and we chat about life. Because of this, I'm known as the nice jailor :D. Now all I seem to do is call myself "Q" and give out tea and cake :laugh:. Oh, does anyone want some tea and cake? :p

That's what I made out of it.

Brendan
June 16th, 2012, 01:10 PM
That's what I made out of it.

It doesn't make sense while being grammatically correct.

Glip
June 16th, 2012, 01:18 PM
It doesn't make sense while being grammatically correct.

How about now? I edited it a bit.

What doesn't make sense? He says he's going back to his English roots because he's giving people tea and cake. He's giving people tea and cake because one time, he managed to escape being executed by the jailor by giving him tea. Now, because he gives people cake and tea when he jails them, he's known as the nice jailor.

As for why he's calling himself "Q," I have no idea. Is that some sort of British custom?
I thought maybe he's an avid Star Trek TNG fan, in which there's a character named Q, but the actor who plays him, John de Lancie, is American.

RookRanger
June 16th, 2012, 01:28 PM
no glip Q is from The Question and insane DC charater whos a gd guy who finds out how the world will end oh and cheers for defending me and brendan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9aZynQj9Ck

Do i smell a troll??
bec u know i h8 trolls 8)

Brendan
June 16th, 2012, 01:47 PM
I understood what it meant after you edited it again.
The Q part is irrelevant.

RookRanger
June 16th, 2012, 01:49 PM
maybe it is maybe its not its in the eye of the beholder bec 1 mans trash another treasure 8)

Brendan
June 16th, 2012, 01:51 PM
maybe it is maybe its not its in the eye of the beholder bec 1 mans trash another treasure 8)

what the actual fuck

Glip
June 16th, 2012, 01:58 PM
*ahem*

You say that my "The Question" reference is irrelevant. Maybe it is, maybe it's not. It's in the eye of the beholder; One man's trash is another man's treasure. 8)

Deciphering:

He's saying that people are entitled to their own opinions and those opinions may be drastically different.

RookRanger
June 16th, 2012, 01:59 PM
ill help u okkay it means "its ur way of seeing things" such as 1 man buys a car and belives its a classic but to another it looks like a piece of junk its just ur view

RookRanger
June 16th, 2012, 02:00 PM
ty glip

Brendan
June 16th, 2012, 02:09 PM
That old saying is not metaphorical

EagleMan
June 16th, 2012, 02:16 PM
People aren't entitled to their opinions.

RookRanger
June 16th, 2012, 02:20 PM
ill think u find that they are just there not able to express them bec of modern times but i dont want to get in to that.
RR 8)

Gingerape
June 16th, 2012, 02:53 PM
what the actual fuck

+1
made me lol

Burnteskimo IIl.
June 16th, 2012, 02:55 PM
people getting trolled +1