PDA

View Full Version : Role Suggestion : Samurai

LeaD
May 21st, 2012, 04:55 PM
Samurai
Alignment : Neutral Benign/Basic

Description: You have honed your skills as a bushi after long years of secluded training. Now you strive to walk the path of righteousness.

Goal: Bring justice, by getting rid off 2 killing roles (any alignment, even TOWN).
2 alternatives, for this goal, leave it up to discussion if this role should ever be implemented
Kill 2 People capable of killing. Your kills ignore night immunity and healing.
OR
Kill 2 People who have previously killed a person before.

Abilities:
You can kill up to 2 times.
Special Attributes:

If you kill a non killing capable role, you'll commit suicide (harakiri) the next day, without being able to use your second kill should it be still available.
You cannot be mind-controlled/roleblocked (optional: on/off)
Your kill ignores healing/night immunity. (this might be optional, but i strongly suggest it not to be, as it will make it way harder on this guy to win. Well it might earn him a shitload of points)
You automatically kill anyone who tries to kill you. (Basically inherent veteran ability, doesn't work against a jailor obviously.)

Options: as mentioned 1 recommended option 1 optional (up to debate)

Cannot be mindcontrolled / roleblocked : On/Off (Default: OFF)
Kill ignores doc heal/night immunity : On/Off (Default: OFF)
Infinite veteran style ability thing : On/Off (Default: OFF)

Investigator desc.: Loner

Killing message: The victim was cut in half by a single clean swordslash.

Harakiri message: The grief of straying from his path, drove him to his own undoing.

Comments: Harakiri can not be healed as it is a type of suicide.

JSaint
May 21st, 2012, 06:23 PM
Wow... so many anti noob town roles.

I don't like it as much as a locksmith. Feels too much like a vigilante. Also, night immunity and retaliation to killers at the same time is just plain imbalanced.

Twisted
May 21st, 2012, 09:35 PM
I actually like the idea of the Samurai, but I agree with JSaint he seems imbalanced with those options, I don't think he should have vet like ability. Other then that I think he would make a great neutral role, like he wants to kill any target that can kill and if he kills a non-killing role he commits suicide before the night ends. I think ignoring bus driver switches and witch mind controls would suit him very well. Perhaps have an option where the host could choose if he wins after 1 - 3 kills, any further kills to killing roles would just result in bonus points.

List of roles he would want to kill would be:
Serial killer
Arson
Witch (if it forces some one to kill themselves)
Executioner
Godfather
Mafioso
Disguiser
Vigilante
Jailor
Veteran
Bus Driver (if some one got ran over)
Mayor (if he reveals and voted guilty on a target that was lynched)

He would not be able to kill a janitor or consort unless they are turned in to a mafioso or the consig unless he turns in to the godfather.

Bluejay
May 22nd, 2012, 11:09 PM
List of roles he would want to kill would be:
Executioner

I thought the Exec doesn't directly kill someone?

Shaded
May 23rd, 2012, 03:09 AM
I thought the Exec doesn't directly kill someone?

Correct. Though, I think what he was going for is the fact that executioners exist solely to kill someone, they just go about it differently. Fits the flavor of the class if not the outright stated goal.

I really like the idea behind it, though I agree with JSaint that it could use some balance tweaking. one quick question though: The veteran-like ability only triggers when someone tries to kill you right?

LeaD
May 23rd, 2012, 09:32 AM
^ye, but as i wrote that said special attribute is highly debatable, as i found this to be the most badass role there is, so hand-to-hand combat he should win hands down
then again if he gots shot he dies, so that idea should probably be scratched off the list, otherise i'd have to rename the role to Chuck norris :heh: