PDA

View Full Version : N8

Ser Ilyn
May 19th, 2012, 07:41 PM
Well, now there's alot to be said, so let's just begin with this: congratulations on making it this far with me. It's been a pleasure working with you, so let's go out with a bang. From this point on, I really don't know what to do for sure, so we've got some talking to do tonight...

Ser Ilyn
May 19th, 2012, 07:50 PM
I kinda wish we hadn't killed Janos quite so soon: I think we'd be better off it the cult leader survived one more day. However, what's done is done so I won't worry about it: at least Melisandre died too...

Today I think we began an important step in this particular endgame: distancing ourselves from each other. It's important that if (and when) one of us goes down, the other person is partially responsible for it. I see you as a sinking ship of sorts at this point, but people are pairing you with Cersei so I'm jumping on the opportunity (and thank you for playing along with it by buddying with him). As for me, people have suspected me for awhile so you have plenty of ammunition to work with. I didn't want to have to lynch Robb or Oberyn today, but there was no way they were both gonna survive (that is, if you were to survive too) so we had to go with it. As it is, this guarantees us immunity tomorrow since they'll lynch Oberyn to reduce the KPN so that's nice. More on my end game strategy later...

Lord Varys
May 19th, 2012, 08:25 PM
Yeah, congrats. We both made it to the final 10, and the town still hasn't pinned us down as the sith master and apprentice. This is the 12th FM, and I feel that we have a better shot of victory then any other mafia at this point then in any of the previous games.

I'm actualy a little mad that I failed to notice that Janos was Cult Leader. She was giving off the exact same scumtells as Oberyn, but I failed to piece it together. Guess I'll learn from it in future FM games. Since the cult leader died, my tactic for last day was to connect myself to Cersei while distancing myself from you. IMO, if the night goes perfectly, I want D10 to consist of myself, you, Cersei, Sandor and Petyr

I feel very strongly that you should not use your final bullet tonight. I was discretely trying to preach to the town how tonight is the (Dark before the Dawn) in an attempt to flush out as many armour vests as possible.

Ser Ilyn
May 19th, 2012, 08:43 PM
I see why I might not use my bullet tonight, but I think it's better to do so now rather than later because waiting will only give the town one more vest and more time to potentially find out that I still do have a bullet. Also, the only time I can choose to save my bullet is now because after tomorrow you're the next lynch target and I can just use the regular mafia KPN for the kills.

As far as kills go, obviously the armorsmith (purportedly Jorah) is a free kill since he can't have armor. I would also like to kill Joffrey at some point since he's the person that can find me the easiest, and each night that passes by is only another night for him to potentially find me. So...

Use bullet, Kill Ser Jorah, Send Ser Ilyn

The second kill is a bit more complicated because there are so many variables to consider (Oberyn's kill, the ghost, AFKers, armor) so lets think a bit harder on this.

Ser Ilyn
May 19th, 2012, 08:45 PM
Essentially, my strategy at this point is to reduce mafia to its roots: citizens vs mafioso. Just like the party game, we shall make it a scumhunting fest among citizens and it shall be glorious...

Ser Ilyn
May 20th, 2012, 09:27 AM
OK, I've been thinking about it and I agree with your idea now. Me using my bullet only doubles the risk that our kills will overlap with Oberyn, and that risk is greater than the risk that comes from allowing one more set of armor to be distributed.... as long as the town doesn't derp today and they lynch Oberyn, we'll be able to double kill tomorrow with 0 overlap risk. In that case, I advise you either kill Ser Jorah or (if you're feeling lucky), hope Joffrey doesn't have armor and target him. Regardless, if you and Oberyn both succeed, the town will not be able to lynch without the help of some non-town.

On that note, can you please ask the ghost not to be a douche and help the town take down the red mafia please Game Master? The same with Petyr...

Ser Ilyn
May 20th, 2012, 09:28 AM
Kill Ser Jorah, Send Lord Varys

Until you come back I'll just submit this.

Lord Varys
May 20th, 2012, 09:58 AM
Okay, I was very rushed in my first post, but the kill overlap was another reason I wasnted to save the bullet. Judging by Tywin's lynch/final speach, Oberyn will (hopefully) realy want the town to lose. The orange mafia knows who the armoursmith is, so that will probably be there target. Ser Jorah seems like the person who needs to die tonight. However, while I hope Oberyn is going to kill her(assuming she realy is the blacksmith), I would prefer to have a bit more security. Joffrey is kind of a derp, but is confirmed town, so needs to die. He probably recieved an armour vest at some point, but wiping out both the blacksmith and investigator would be perfect, leaving 2 mafia vs 4 citizens vs 1 culted citizen going into N9.

-Bus Joffrey with Ser Jorah, Send Ilyn
-Kill Joffrey(Actualy going to kill Jorah), Send Lord Varys

As long as Ser Jorah isn't wearing a vest, she dies no matter what. However, Joffrey may also die this way. I just realy hope that Oberyn doesn't target Joffrey. Unlikely, but possible.

Lord Varys
May 20th, 2012, 09:58 AM
I see 2 members and 1 guest at the bottom.

Ser Ilyn
May 20th, 2012, 10:05 AM
By the way, this is what can happen if both we and Oberyn manage to avoid hitting vested targets:

If we overlap tonight, tomorrow it is a 2v1v1v5. Town lynches Oberyn, we double kill at night, it's a 2v1v3 in the morning. Town lynches one of us, the other kills someone, its a 1v1v2 where one of us has to convince one of the townies of our innocence... In this situation, I think I should be the one to go to the final 4. I have a good relationship with Sandor so I could take him, and I feel like I have a decent record to my name. Ultimately, all I need is a mislynch for this to go our way. If there isn't a lynch, then I could either wait to kill or I could kill and let Petyr decide who wins.

If Oberyn and you hit separate targets, tomorrow it is a 2v1v1v4 (and the ghost converts your vote to town more likely than not). Town lynches Oberyn, we double kill at night, it's a 2v1v2 in the morning (please note that the town doesn't have majority and, since the ghost is now gone, they need Petyr to lynch). If they lynch one of us, the other kills and we have a 1v1v1 where Petyr decides the victor. If they fail to lynch, we still kill and we have a guaranteed victory in a 2v1v1 in the morning.

This is gonna come down to the wire, and this is all assuming we can avoid vested targets...

EDIT: I see your logic, but there is one thing to consider. At the moment, Sandor is under the assumption that I never stole any abilities besides the vigilante. If both Joffrey and Ser Jorah don't die, then one of them can tip Sandor off, and his whole idea of "Ilyn didn't vote for the jester so he can't be the graverobber" becomes useless. It'd be a risk, but I guess risks need to be taken...

Ser Ilyn
May 20th, 2012, 10:11 AM
Wait, I'm being an idiot. We can just take an AFK serf or two to the final 3/4 with us... with no ghost to worry about, that will spell doom for them right there.

I've thought about it and I like your plan, so LET'S DO THIS!

Lord Varys
May 20th, 2012, 10:54 AM
If it goes to 1v1v1, Petyr would win if we get lynched, so he'll vote for us. The last townie would be the one to decide whether cult or mafia won.

Sandor's logic makes no sence to me. He's being an idiot, and I have no problem revealing that we control the bus driver.

And one last thing. If I have to sacrifice myself for the greater good, make sure that you use your powers as bloodmage to create a powerful ritual which brings me back from the dead in the epilogue:)

Ser Ilyn
May 20th, 2012, 01:48 PM
And one last thing. If I have to sacrifice myself for the greater good, make sure that you use your powers as bloodmage to create a powerful ritual which brings me back from the dead in the epilogue:)

Hehehe I'll start working on it....

Lord Varys
May 20th, 2012, 02:31 PM
Dam, Diablo 3 won't load because of shitty graphics card. Even though I knew this day would eventualy come, I'm still disapointed that Diablo has to wait. Any of you know any good graphics cards that I can buy in the $100 - $200 range?

Lord Varys
May 20th, 2012, 02:33 PM
Actualy, I may be willing to invest a little bit more then $200 for a good graphics card.

Lord Varys
May 20th, 2012, 04:47 PM
Basicaly, I have...

Windows 7
Intel Core 2 Duo Prossesor
2048 MB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce 7350 LE graphics card

The graphics card realy out of date. I'll probably make a thread for this at some point, but I can't be bothered until the game ends. I'm not sure if the type of computer makes a difference with graphic card compatiblity. Realy don't know all that much about computers:(