PDA

View Full Version : N7

Lord Varys
May 17th, 2012, 07:10 PM
Town sucks. Period. They win over my dead body.

Well, now it's time to go all Diablo style on the cult. I'm killing with my axe tonight.
http://diablo3.hu/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/ss1262.jpg
While we need to shave the cult numbers, I would prefer it if the cult leader was left for a while. Everyone thinks your GF, while I realy AM the GF, so we are preaty safe as far as thralling comes into it.

Lord Varys
May 17th, 2012, 07:43 PM
-Send Vary to kill Stannis
-Send Ilyn to kill Petyr

Ser Ilyn
May 18th, 2012, 06:30 AM
I gotta be honest Varys, I don't approve of your hammer vote today. Sure, I was happy not to be lynched myself, but I also think we almost needed Tywin to keep balance in this game. The truth is that Tywin wasn't our enemy at the time and by lynching him, we lost a valuable ally. As it was, Tywin still ensured that the orange mafia had control of their kill, and I assure you that we would not be the targets. Now, the balance of scum in this game is at a critical point and I don't know if we can pull out a win.... it'll take some crafty maneuvering at least. Oh well: what's done is done, so I guess we'll just move on.

I'll be back in a bit with more stuff.

Ser Ilyn
May 18th, 2012, 12:18 PM
OK, I'm back (out of curiosity, how long was the site down for?). Now, where was I...

From this point on, Robb and Oberyn aren't to be touched. I consider Oberyn our ally at this point and I think he'll leave us alone, and I advise we do the same. Robb, however, is one of our main enemies. The thing about it is that, if Robb should bite the dust, the cult/town will immediately lynch Oberyn to reduce the KPN, and we DO NOT want that to happen so Robb can't be touched. Also, just like Dracula is Oberyn's lifeline, Oberyn is YOUR lifeline Varys. The second Dracula goes, Oberyn will be the target. Once Oberyn is gone, the town will have nothing left to do but hunt us down, and you'll be the first to go. As such, it is in our best interest to keep Oberyn around, and I intend to support him AT ALL COSTS. It would've been nice if Tywin was still here, but he's not and we'll just have to work with it.

About "focus firing" the cult, I highly advise against it. After today's pitiful performance by the town (which is being completely manipulated by an uber-obvious cult), I kinda wanna focus fire the town just to spite them, but I'm not gonna do that. Instead, I advise we target 1 cultist and 1 non-cultist townie to try to keep things in balance. I don't know what Oberyn is going to do, but he's not going to target us so we're free to do what we please. Another thing that we have going for us is that the town doesn't know which side the graverobber is on, and they also think that both of the non-godfather mafia members (1 from each team) left are culted. As such, we can use this night kill to our advantage. I advise that you kill a cultist, but I kill a townie so that it looks like the cult are out to get the town instead of the mafia (which, if I was culted, would actually be the case since the only other 2 enemies left would be the invulnerable godfathers). Then, we can use this day to make a last-ditch effort to stop the cult, all the while attempting to maintain balance in the game. Right now, there is Dracula and maybe 4-5 cultists against 2 mafia (us), 1 mafia (since Robb is culted), and about 7-8 townies. If 2 cultists and 1 townie die tonight, it will be 3-4 cultists vs 2 mafia vs 1 mafia vs 6-7 townies (which is actually a very interesting game) and we might be able to regain influence with the town tomorrow. If 1 cultist and 2 townies die tonight (which is the more likely situation in my opinion), it will be 4-5 cultists vs 2 mafia vs 1 mafia vs 5-6 townies: this is the situation I'm hoping for. This will force all remaining townies to vote against the cult instead, and it will also reduce the town numbers heavily in the unlikely event that we can defeat the cult and still be in this game.

Regardless of what happens, it's absolutely necessary that we influence the vote tomorrow. You may need to end up claiming tomorrow to sway the vote against the cult if things get fishy: no one will believe me since people suspect the non-godfather mafia on our team is culted (I am not by the way, if today wasn't enough to convince you of that fact). If all else fails, I will reveal and make things happen myself, but I think it would be wiser if you did (particularly if we kill 2 townies instead of 1).

Here is the list of remaining players in the game (according to Jorah):

Cersei
Daenerys
Petyr
Ser Jorah
Joffrey
Sandor
Robb
Lord Varys
Oberyn
Samwell
Janos
Melisandre
Stannis
Ser Loras

As for kill targets, since I am targeting town, I was thinking of hitting either Janos or Daenerys since I don't think they're culted. After today, I'm actually beginning to doubt that Joffrey is culted (maybe because Dracula thought he'd be dead by now), so I'm considering him too. As for your target, I'd consider Stannis, Cersei, Melisandre, Petyr, or Jorah. You could try Sandor too, but there's a chance he's actually the cult leader, and I'd rather not hit him yet....

My recommended actions are:

Use Tyrion's Soul, Kill Daenerys, Send Ser Ilyn
Kill Ser Jorah, Send Lord Varys

I don't care as much about who you kill, but please go with the 1/1 idea: it will give us a much better shot for the late game, and I have a feeling it will coincide better with Oberyn (who I'm pretty much considering an ally at this point).

Ser Ilyn
May 18th, 2012, 12:23 PM
To the Game Master:

Well, this game has certainly been an interesting one. In my opinion, this is one of the worst towns in the history of forum mafia, but that's not such a bad thing in this case as it's given all 3 scum factions a shot at the win for once. Overall, I liked the "back to basics" feel, as I liked the older forum mafias and felt that many of our best games were forum mafias 2, 3, and 5. If it wasn't for the derp town and some derp decisions that were made (sorry Bronn, but I'd put you on the list too), I feel like this game could be even closer, but that's not your fault. I'm pretty happy with my role as well as how I played it (even if I was doing more scumhunting than the town was), and I would definitely name this as my best game as scum to date. Nice job hosting, and I look forward to the next game you guys host.

Guess what my COM name is Varys. I'm curious to see if you can get it (I doubt that this is breaking the rules).

Ser Ilyn
May 18th, 2012, 12:23 PM
Also, I too see the guest viewing this thread >.>

Forum Mafia GM
May 18th, 2012, 01:03 PM
I fear I have spoiled the game somewhat in my rage.

I am disappointed in the town's inability to act on their own, they see only "the cult's idea" and "the mafia's idea" and think there are only two options. It's pathetic.

That being said, if Tywin had been kept alive, I feel like the remaining mafia could have been preserved through the use of swapping and interception on Ser Illyn. There are a million reasons why the interceptor is better in this situation than a consort for basically everyone involved.

Ser Ilyn
May 18th, 2012, 01:33 PM
lol I had never actually thought about what would've happened if Tywin survived. That could've been interesting: I bus drive Tywin with a random person, Tywin intercepts at my house, and Varys does all the killing until the cult is suppressed... it would definitely be something to see. The cult would still grow off of unculted townies, a possible power role sacrifice to allow the cult leader to cult me, or a lucky guess on who I swapped Tywin with, but it would certainly make things much harder for them and allow us a night or 2 of freedom...

Forum Mafia GM
May 18th, 2012, 01:41 PM
Cult leader wouldn't have expected it if they came for you.

Lord Varys
May 18th, 2012, 04:28 PM
Let me start off by saying that I realy don't want to reveal tommoro. Things are starting to look more favourable for me blending in, and claiming GF can realy mess with the end-game plan.

I've done a little thinking towards killing one town and one cultist, and it might work, so I'm game. However, we may as well kill PRs instead of serfs. Stannis is acting like a total culty and claimed coroner, so he seams like the best cult kill. While I'm not sure about Daenery's allignment, I tend to avoid people who I accused during the day. Janos may be the missing armoursmith who could possibly mess with the endgame, so I'd prefer killing her.

-Send Ilyn to kill Janos
(Stannis kill stays)

Guess what my COM name is Varys. I'm curious to see if you can get it (I doubt that this is breaking the rules).
Lysergic

Forum Mafia GM
May 18th, 2012, 06:50 PM
I will allow you to leave a one-liner on Janos' corpse. 'Cuz you're going all gung-ho.

Ser Ilyn
May 18th, 2012, 07:05 PM
lol OK ty Game Master. There is only one thing that I think needs to be said at this point, so I might as well say it. Death note:

Oberyn, we, the Flayers, pledge an alliance with you: look out Dracula.

Sure, I'm fine with Stannis dying: my guess behind the coroner claim is that he's just trying to provide a distraction and a possible target for town tomorrow so that his leader goes unnoticed. As for the Janos kill, I'm game: LET'S DO THIS!

My COM name is not Lysergic. I'll give you a hint: it starts with a "G" :D On a related note, I really like the restricted metagaming: its worked out pretty well so far and it should be implemented in future forum mafias.

Forum Mafia GM
May 18th, 2012, 07:18 PM
No I mean, a one-liner, like "Hasta la vista, baby."

Lord Varys
May 18th, 2012, 07:27 PM
lol OK ty Game Master. There is only one thing that I think needs to be said at this point, so I might as well say it. Death note:

Oberyn, we, the Flayers, pledge an alliance with you: look out Dracula.

Sure, I'm fine with Stannis dying: my guess behind the coroner claim is that he's just trying to provide a distraction and a possible target for town tomorrow so that his leader goes unnoticed. As for the Janos kill, I'm game: LET'S DO THIS!

My COM name is not Lysergic. I'll give you a hint: it starts with a "G" :D On a related note, I really like the restricted metagaming: its worked out pretty well so far and it should be implemented in future forum mafias.

Lol, Ganondorf was going to be a high up guess if it wasn't for the fact that you said in mafia chat last game how I was playing "Too lurky" for your taste. I havn't done much to conceal my identidy, so you can probably guess me.

Here's a decent one-liner I found online, if you want to use it:D

The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on the list.

Also, this is kinda embarasing if your Goremancer:$

Ser Ilyn
May 18th, 2012, 08:41 PM
I am in fact Ganondorf, and you are.... Auckmid? I think you were the lurky one on my team last time...
That one liner sounds good....

Ser Ilyn
May 18th, 2012, 08:47 PM
You know, it's funny: I remember that Deathfire once said we should all be on a scum team together. Maybe he was Bronn or Rodrik? >.>

Lord Varys
May 18th, 2012, 08:50 PM
You know, it's funny: I remember that Deathfire once said we should all be on a scum team together. Maybe he was Bronn or Rodrik? >.>

I'm preaty sure Bronn was Wog, and Rodrick wasn't acting very much like deathfire:push:

Lord Varys
May 18th, 2012, 08:56 PM
I know that you 2 were on the same team once or twice, but this is the first time I'm ever been on an organized team with either of you guys. People started seriously doubting my leadership skills after FMVI:$

Been using a lot of emoticons today.

Lord Varys
May 18th, 2012, 09:03 PM
@GM: Ill probably go to bed before D8 opens, so how does it look the night treated usÉ

Also, I looked back through the threads, and I think I may be the only living player never to have recieved a lynch vote:)