PDA

View Full Version : Why are people scared of death?

Crimson
May 13th, 2012, 03:25 AM
Seriously, sure, you leave stuff behind, like your lover, your family, your friends... everything you charish. But why are people scared to die? Especially a painless death?

I don't see why, honestly. You will be gone from this cruel fucking world.

Nick
May 13th, 2012, 04:04 AM
Worried about loved ones?

The partner who dies early is the lucky one. Leaving the other to mourn and suffer loneliness.

Life and death. Not much different between the two.

SirBlayzalot
May 13th, 2012, 04:12 AM
personally I have dependants.. Like I take care of my mom.. I worry about what would happen to her if I died... not only that but, I'm not done my fight yet... I always said I'd rather die on my feet then live on my knees... Am I afraid of death, no... Am I ready for it, also no... if you need a reason to stay alive, or to get meaning out of life.. fight for the freedom of others... so they don't have to think to themselves "I don't see why, honestly. You will be gone from this cruel fucking world. "

Nick
May 13th, 2012, 04:45 AM
Am I afraid of death, no... Am I ready for it, also no... if you need a reason to stay alive, or to get meaning out of life.. fight for the freedom of others...

More like they are not ready for you death.

SirBlayzalot
May 13th, 2012, 05:51 AM
More like they are not ready for you death.

sorry didn't really get the context there... but thx? :D

JSaint
May 13th, 2012, 07:02 AM
Perhaps it's because it's not supposed to be normal.

I don't know. I've thought of just dying to end it all... but I never have.

Probably cause it's instinct to survive until you at least reproduce.

Shaded
May 13th, 2012, 07:09 AM
Perhaps it's because it's not supposed to be normal.

Er. Death is one of the only certain things in the world. It's perfectly normal.

Dust
May 13th, 2012, 07:13 AM
This (http://oregonstate.edu/instruct/phl302/texts/montaigne/montaigne-essays--5.html#XVII.) is one of the best essays on death and dying that really gives a new perspective.

In my opinion, death is not something to be feared. Either I go to Heaven and have good times there, or I am sent into oblivion. In one case it's beneficial for me. In the other I just won't care. It's all cool with me. When I die, I want to die painfully, because it's going to be the last thing I feel.

SirBlayzalot
May 13th, 2012, 08:52 AM
Er. Death is one of the only certain things in the world. It's perfectly normal.

or is it only certain within our reality, matter never dies it just changes form... maybe death only happens because we allow it to happen, we see it as an inevitability

MIND FUCKED

Ash
May 13th, 2012, 09:04 AM
This (http://oregonstate.edu/instruct/phl302/texts/montaigne/montaigne-essays--5.html#XVII.) is one of the best essays on death and dying that really gives a new perspective.

In my opinion, death is not something to be feared. Either I go to Heaven and have good times there, or I am sent into oblivion. In one case it's beneficial for me. In the other I just won't care. It's all cool with me. When I die, I want to die painfully, because it's going to be the last thing I feel.

number 1: Elder scrolls have NOTHING to do with death!!! oblivion is just a game!! stop being a troll!!

numbah 2 of justice: It's either: A. go to heaven B. go to heaven but with 72 virgins C. reincarnate like a boss D. Go to hell trolololol E. anything else i forgot

numbah 3 of ashyness: you only live once.

SirBlayzalot
May 13th, 2012, 09:34 AM
number 1: Elder scrolls have NOTHING to do with death!!! oblivion is just a game!! stop being a troll!!

numbah 2 of justice: It's either: A. go to heaven B. go to heaven but with 72 virgins C. reincarnate like a boss D. Go to hell trolololol E. anything else i forgot

numbah 3 of ashyness: you only live once.

unless your C. reincarnation :P

CmG
May 13th, 2012, 10:22 AM
I approve of Dustīs painful death :D

CmG
May 13th, 2012, 10:25 AM
You stop to exist when u die. Of course you are scared. Itīs the ultimate change in your life. Humanity fears change.

SirBlayzalot
May 13th, 2012, 11:09 AM
You fucktard theists don't understand. What will happen after you die? It will be exactly like before you were born. End of story.

Is non-existence something to be afraid of? That's subjective, so idc.

so when I die, I turn into a sperm?... I applaud your logic sir :D

Ash
May 13th, 2012, 12:50 PM
so when I die, I turn into a sperm?... I applaud your logic sir :D

u know what would be really creepy?
an atheist dies and then he reincarnates and is a theist.
hm

Burnteskimo IIl.
May 13th, 2012, 01:58 PM
u know what would be really creepy?
an atheist dies and then he reincarnates and is a theist.
hm

thats deep man.