PDA

View Full Version : New Jester Ability

Unknown User
May 7th, 2012, 08:15 AM
Jester should be able to talk at night, and every player can see what he types at night.
The Jester can't see anybody talk though, unless 2 Jesters are in game.
That way, you can get trolled at night too.
Everyone's happy.

uroyoan
May 7th, 2012, 08:29 AM
This wont troll anyone exept the spy who cant tell whos who.
Since mafia/cult/masons will know who their members are while the spy wont know who the person who talked belong to also if jester could talk this could ruin the game because he could start spamming all he wants then mafia/mason/cult wont be able to communicate.
and this would greatly hider and ruin spy's role.
In my opinion this is not a good idea.

Unknown User
May 7th, 2012, 08:36 AM
This wont troll anyone exept the spy who cant tell whos who.
Since mafia/cult/masons will know who their members are while the spy wont know who the person who talked belong to also if jester could talk this could ruin the game because he could start spamming all he wants then mafia/mason/cult wont be able to communicate.
and this would greatly hider and ruin spy's role.
In my opinion this is not a good idea.

Simple solution, everyone sees his name as:
Jester: BHASDJHASLDJKHASDA

; then every single player in the game will know it's the Jester.

Just as how you see "Jailor" and not just a blank.
Easily discernible.

Also, there is spam filter, so he won't be successful in spamming so much that mafia/mason/cult can't read

uroyoan
May 7th, 2012, 08:45 AM
yes but the spam may annoy to mutch other people and not being able to talk well he can annoy but not 2 mutch.
and what if 2 jesters HMM? also the spam filter dosent work that well you do know that right? its easy to spam once you know correct way of doing it.
(every 1 second say something for example).
also what if it laggs a little and jester continues spamming then everyone will know who he is.

Unknown User
May 7th, 2012, 08:49 AM
yes but the spam may annoy to mutch other people and not being able to talk well he can annoy but not 2 mutch.
and what if 2 jesters HMM? also the spam filter dosent work that well you do know that right? its easy to spam once you know correct way of doing it.
(every 1 second say something for example).
also what if it laggs a little and jester continues spamming then everyone will know who he is.

You're saying a Jester will annoy too much? lol
Also, if lag chat appears, you will see his account name, not his in game name...

uroyoan
May 7th, 2012, 08:51 AM
hmm i forgot about that one about the account name not chat name but hey i still think jester will annoy a to mutch and will ruin most of the chat purpose in night talk.

Unknown User
May 7th, 2012, 08:56 AM
hmm i forgot about that one about the account name not chat name but hey i still think jester will annoy a to mutch and will ruin most of the chat purpose in night talk.

idk, I don't think two jesters could spam so much that it would push chat up and prevent mafia/mason/cult from reading.
Plus, it would make night more interesting for jester and non-night chat roles

uroyoan
May 7th, 2012, 09:02 AM
night time is meant to read logs and decide on what was talked on day and see if somoneone lies or if they are saying truth. basically at night is when i go look at logs and decide if im evil what role i should take or who is evil. It is used to analyze and decide.

Unknown User
May 7th, 2012, 09:09 AM
night time is meant to read logs and decide on what was talked on day and see if somoneone lies or if they are saying truth. basically at night is when i go look at logs and decide if im evil what role i should take or who is evil. It is used to analyze and decide.

well, if you're reading logs, then you won't be bothered by new text! :P
plus, most people read what people say during the day, and just double check names at night.

HustleKing
May 12th, 2012, 07:04 PM
Thats a good idea. More Troll, More fun :)

Jim
May 12th, 2012, 08:31 PM
As a leader in the troll community i think this is a great idea, also the chances of 2 jesters and both deciding to spam is very small.

ajkei
May 12th, 2012, 08:59 PM
Actually using this ability would be detrimental to the jester's success. The jester's goal is not to annoy the town, it is to get the town to lynch him. A town is less likely to lynch someone appearing scummy if they know a jester in the game, which this ability confirms. It would also ruin the success of anyone trying to fake a random neutral by confirming the random neutral as the jester.

SirBlayzalot
May 12th, 2012, 09:40 PM
how about being able to put a dn on the person who suicides?... I think that would be a funny little easter egg lol

Jowa
May 14th, 2012, 11:25 PM
Actually using this ability would be detrimental to the jester's success. The jester's goal is not to annoy the town, it is to get the town to lynch him. A town is less likely to lynch someone appearing scummy if they know a jester in the game, which this ability confirms. It would also ruin the success of anyone trying to fake a random neutral by confirming the random neutral as the jester.

Agreed ^^

Ash
May 15th, 2012, 06:02 PM
this would be pretty funny. but it could affect gameplay as niggers become paranoid about losing one of their flock if they lynch wrongly.