PDA

View Full Version : Cult progression so far

Raiden
June 26th, 2011, 02:23 AM
I have been scouring the day posts for a couple hours, and found out something very interesting.

It's 6 again if you include SK and I tend to agree that the Mafia families are a much bigger threat than the cultists at the moment. Don't forget that we only need to find the Cult Leader to completely cripple the rest of the cult. The Mafia families don't have a master support column.

Something doesn't add up. Why are you so sure that cult recruited one of the mafia?

Would dearly love to hear the logic behind this as well.

Hooker. If you don't role block me tonight I will shoot Narks in the face.

Night 1: Narks was recruited. His trolling is justified, as well as him not giving vests to the right people.
Night 2: Styx, the hooker, was recruited. He drew attention away from the cult along with oops, and roleblocked claw to prevent him shooting narks.
Night 3: Second massino mafia recruited.
Night 4: Third massino mafia recruited.

That's it. 90% sure of that.

Clawtrocity
June 26th, 2011, 10:25 AM
I had a feeling it was the C.Mafia was the culted mafia.

I also assumed that 2 of the other mafia members hadn't been recruited yet.

These are all assumptions and you could be right.

Raiden
June 26th, 2011, 02:06 PM
At first i thought so as well, but then how do you explain your roleblock when you claimed to kill narks? It was a free kill for them... unless narks was massino? But then he's not the armorer. I don't know.

What are your reasons to assume it is the corleone mafia who is culted?

Clawtrocity
June 26th, 2011, 02:26 PM
SAS and Oops and Narks seem to be on the same team and Narks seems to be Armorer and I had assumed Oops and SAS were C.Mafia. So I can only assume they are culted/mafia together.

I thought they only role blocked me to make it seem like Narks was bad because they know he's not. As soon as someone stated that they didn't want to speak up and defend it or else it'd become relatively obvious.

The cult would be smarter to not continue recruiting Mafia Members because they wouldn't gain as much voting power. Right now if it works the way I think it works only Massino Mafia and a few town roles can possibly be lynched. The rest are culted or waiting to be culted.

As soon as the cult gets 75% of the vote the game ends though so even though they can win by having 51% and lynching someone against them they can still recruit other players. I can't wait for this next game. Hopefully the game isn't so one sided next time and the town gets a little buff so we can compete with them.

Raiden
June 26th, 2011, 02:41 PM
Yes, i made a recap in the other thread. I believe it's the corleone who is culted.

However, since in my scenario all the 3 members are culted, they should continue to recruit mafia. A mafia shot is the only obstacle left between the cult leader and victory.

I also propose for the next game that town starts with 2 masons and that the investigators finds roles in the same way as sc2 mafia. I don't think it's that much overpowered. For the masons, it will still be hard to find citizens (1 recruit per night, doesn't matter how many masons are there), while the cult leader has access to all players except those masons. And the investigator now is just crippled and mostly useless.

Auckmid
June 26th, 2011, 03:03 PM
I have no doubt that the Corolone mafia is the culted 1, as the framing and role blockings have been carefully planned, which would not be the case if part of that group had been culted. However, i think that the cult would have put higher priority into recruiting the gunsmith, as a pose to getting the last mafiasco

TheJackofSpades
June 26th, 2011, 04:42 PM
Imo, I feel like mismasoning should result in revealing the mason to the person he mismasons instead of death. At the start of the game I statistically had a higher chance of dying than successfully recruiting which seems a little unfair tbh

Raiden
June 27th, 2011, 12:33 AM
Hmm... yes, i agree with you, jack.