PDA

View Full Version : Main Discussion Thread to Talk About How Seductive I Am

Janos
May 3rd, 2012, 05:41 PM
Welcome, darling Jaime. I trust you had a good day? I lol'd when I saw you were the executioner's target. I wonder how quickly your "confirmed town status" will be stable. I seem to remember someone in day chat saying that you will try to be recruited tonight, but hopefully, you won't (or smote for that matter). The unfortunate part to all this is that Mafia knows you're not part of them and you may very well be targeted tonight. :( NOOOOOOOO. I will use all my vampiric powers available to me to prevent something like this from happening.

I actually have little qualms recruiting serfs, contrary to the belief that cult does not "want" them. Lol. The quicker I recruit/kill/maim all the serfs, the less of a threat the Masons will be, since there seems to be no end to their "lay hands upon" actions. Of course, a PR would be a nice addendum, but recruiting a serf is just as preferable.

So, tonight's objectives.

Whom should I try to recruit? A blatant "revealed" PR that may or may not be warded? Someone talkative in day chat? Someone not so talkative in day chat?

Personally, I'm leaning towards Theon. No reason whatsoever other than it being a hunch.

Jaime
May 3rd, 2012, 07:22 PM
Hello there, I am Philie. I was acting like my old citizen self, faking a PR in hiding. Hope it worked, because i got hit by a KPN. However i'm a bad liar and thus dislike being scum and end up lurking.
Hope I can act normally.
For one, Loras definitely has something to hide and probably is a mafia or neutral. I didn't push too hard on him because he might have been of use to you.
Then the bronn wagon, people voting him for bad reasons are likely scum, so thre you got more opportunities to get more informed on what's going down.
Your goal should be to either get a recruit in each mafia or find a doctor to heal you or an exposed cult member. Chances of winning with you dead are pretty low.
I would recommend to lurk more than myself , that way if it comes down to finding cult leader, I would be more suspicious than you and we get an extra day.

That is all I can say off top of my head, time to sleep:3

Jaime
May 3rd, 2012, 07:28 PM
recommend not to lurk more than myself*

Janos
May 3rd, 2012, 08:23 PM
Hehe, you certainly fooled me. I thought for sure you were a PR in hiding when I recruited you. As for Loras, would you want to recruit him tonight? He's been acting scummy in my eyes as well, but it'll be likely for him to get himself lynched in the next couple of days. And the question is, would we be willing to sacrifice a "safer" recruit to get information? What are the names, specifically, of the recruits you would recommend? As for lurking, I'm afraid I'm one of few words to begin with. I never speak much during day regardless of my alignment lol. My comments are unlikely to garner much attention, but that makes me quite a target at night. I would love to find the doctor, but who knows where he's hiding lol.

Janos
May 4th, 2012, 12:37 PM
Philie, Philie, Philiiiie, what to do?

Forum Mafia GM
May 4th, 2012, 12:45 PM
Despite the corruption and defilement that has spread through the ancient halls of the Cathedral of Adelaide, the twisted beasts that reside within it swear they can still hear God's voice echoing through them.

"Seek not the aid of others, but bring them under heel instead."

Janos
May 4th, 2012, 12:50 PM
Lol, is this Jack or Cap? :D

Janos
May 4th, 2012, 02:12 PM
After rereading through Day 2:
Possible recruits as they seem like PRs/Mafia/something:
Petyr
Theon
Ser Rodrik
Khal Drogo
Melisandre
Ser Gregor

Ser Barristan would also be a good recruit, just to get an outspoken player culted.

Jaime
May 4th, 2012, 03:00 PM
Sorry, I got caught up with shit.
I approve of melisandre and khal, seem like a non-cits but i might be silly.
Any low-key members who are under radar are definitely the way to go imo.
you should do what you feel like, Master. I would hate to bear the responisbility of singlehandedly ruining our chances of winning like I did with Ambient:(

Janos
May 4th, 2012, 03:06 PM
I don't remember you singlehandedly ruining anything, dearest Jaime. :D

Melisandre it is. Truth be told, I was deciding between her and you for last night's recruiting. :p Though I still have a nagging feeling about Theon. Erg. Not sure why lol.

Jaime
May 4th, 2012, 03:33 PM
Good luck to us, then, and see you in the morning. Also Post more, generally you can find the scum by looking at the postcounts

Janos
May 4th, 2012, 03:48 PM
See you bright and early. :D

Janos
May 6th, 2012, 07:17 PM
Welcome, Melisandre. What information might you have to offer your new family? :D

Janos
May 6th, 2012, 08:56 PM
By the way, this is what happened to me last night:
I was bussed.
I was performed for by the jester.
And I was given a vest, no doubt supposed to be directed at Bronn. I kept this part to myself, however. I debated about whether I wanted to reveal or not, but realized that if I did, the carriage driver might use me as a meat shield, lol.

Jaime
May 7th, 2012, 12:46 PM
Oh I didn't even notice day ended:(
i'm so sorry Sumi <3

I don't think its a good idea to hide that info, especially with a vest, everyone will cling to you as the only clue.
better claim it tomorrow, as early as possible, but that's maybe just me panicking.

As for a recruit, I recommend Aemon right now, but might need to re-read the chat again.
Melisandre hadn't shown up, possibly jailed. That means you can't claim her role now, and we will have to endure one more night without her information.

Janos
May 7th, 2012, 02:46 PM
Will we be informed if a cult member goes "missing" due to a jail-ure?

I will claim tomorrow depending on the deaths in the town. There's still the chance of me being attacked. (Which might actually incriminate me depending on how I word it.) I'm hoping I don't get attacked as well as someone claiming they were vested so I can point fingers lol. But someone didn't claim getting a vest Day 2, so the fact that an armorsmith is in town is unknown to most. Make sure this information does not slip out before I claim, lol.

I am unsure about recruiting Aemon simply because he really says nothing useful. A PR perhaps, but I really doubt he's scum. Not contributing is a huge scumtell in the eyes of this town, and I just can't imagine scum so blatantly WIFOM-ing that lol. But then again, you had Suicidalnoob claim his roles outright in other FMs so who knows. :D

Theon showed up as nonsuspicious, so I'm not as willing to recruit him any more because at this point, we REALLY need to recruit someone from the Mafia. Petyr sounds scummy to me, and may be a good shot. Ser Rodrik and Ser Gregor, again, possibilities. The Cersei person is trying to vote Ser Rodrik out. I don't know why, and he's not given much supporting evidence. Knows something we don't know...?

I'll have to submit my recruitment order roughly 2 hours from now, so you guys be thinking!

Forum Mafia GM
May 7th, 2012, 04:01 PM
No.

Janos
May 7th, 2012, 04:39 PM
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120331210730/adventuretimewithfinnandjake/images/7/7d/No-meme-rage-face.jpg]:D

Janos
May 7th, 2012, 04:51 PM
On another note, Jon is highly suspicious as well, in my eyes. Always agreeing with the general flow without raising any opinions that calls too much attention.

Upon ripping my brains out and tossing this all into random.org and then placing my brain back into my skull to think some more, I'll just risk it and try recruiting Petyr. He seems to be trying hard to stay under the radar. I doubt he's "just" a citizen, though who knows lol. There's the possibility that he may be Godfather of Mafia. Highly possible, actually. So if this recruit fails, you guys know what to assume.

If I was roleblocked or something though that interfered with my night actions, my first post of the day shall start with "I." Otherwise, I will start it with another word.

Petyr
May 9th, 2012, 11:03 AM
I really wish my cult would stop accusing me of being Godfather. I'm just a serf yo.

Forum Mafia GM
May 9th, 2012, 11:21 AM
We were partially to blame for that. Cap never changed the sticky thread because he had to go somewhere and I didn't check it until the next morning.

So I apologize.

On the plus side, it's the most convincing type of interaction between teammates.

Melisandre
May 9th, 2012, 02:07 PM
Bahaha. Apologies for the accusations, Petyr. Sticky wasn't updated for 10 hours and I never thought to re-check it. (I knew you were Serf or GF [or neutral, but I doubted that] because I already checked you.)

Night Actions

Night 1: Followed Petyr. He took no action.
Night 2: Followed Joffrey. He visited Ser Davos.
Night 3: Jailed.

On the plus side, I highly doubt they'll ever think you and I are connected (other than me visiting you, which is a bit of a problem because the GFs are undetectable). Hopefully Catelyn will not smite either of us tonight (I think she has better targets, to be honest).

Janos, you are doing a good job blending in.

I don't have a lot of time right now, but I'll be back in 6 hours or so (and I'm off tomorrow). I'm liking Bronn's last will!

I'll post jail chat in a separate thread.

Janos
May 9th, 2012, 02:17 PM
Lol unless the vigilante decides to shoot Petyr tonight, I think it'll be alright. :D Or unless the Mafia starts to gun each other down and decide to shoot Petyr for being scummy lol. Who knows.

So the most pressing issues facing us today.

Jaime is no longer with us. We shall avenge her by soon tearing out the throats of those rogue vampires that dared to trespass upon my domain.

Possible cult targets for tonight:
Jon - if he's not Mafia, I'll shoot myself
Khal - not many people noticed, because not many people are aware. But he "stealth" claimed armorsmith, though it was disregarded by most. I do not know if any members of the Mafia received an armor and was made aware that an armorsmith is in play. I can be fairly sure Caitlyn was visited, however, since she claimed Paladin. So there's a chance Khal will be warded. Khal could also be a serf fishing for kills. I do not know, but I do know he's claiming armorsmith. I wouldn't think the armorsmith would give Khal armor since he's not been a much help to town for Khal to impersonate, but who knows.
Lord Varys - I am getting a huge scum read from him. He has inadvertently said many things that makes him decidedly scummy. One distinct instance is when he posted something along the lines that "the kills from the children of the stars are getting more aggressive" or something along the lines, and my first reaction was, "Lolwut? What happened to the Nostakldjflkdj? Why no mention them?"
Ser Davos - He's the jailer, what can I say. Though I suppose it'd be better to recruit him AFTER we get Mafia, so we can kill the Godfather.

Other things of note:
- My taunting of the Mafia. It was completely an action based on spontaneity lol. Really, it's to see exactly what will come down when I taunt various town roles and Mafia roles to visit me. I wonder if it'll goad the armorsmith to give me some more armor. :D
- Ser Gregor - Can't tell if he's extremely cautious, or really obvious about buddying with Bronn
- I have no idea who the vigilante is, but he needs to start shooting lol. Before Mafia shoots him. Just don't shoot us, dearest vigilante. I'll reward you with my blood if you shoot serfs. :D

Janos
May 9th, 2012, 02:21 PM
Btw, looking at Bronn's last will, that gives us a great idea. (Though that was hilarious. I wonder if the Godfather of the Nostadlkfjkds will block that person out from night chat. :D)

We can always attempt to frame someone as Godfather and try to get a mislynch. "We tried recruiting so and so and the attempt failed." There's a chance we might hit the ever so elusive Bishop, but then again, we might hit a really random serf. Caitlyn will say that person is not the Bishop. Profit? :D

Petyr
May 9th, 2012, 02:28 PM
The more I think about it, the more I like the idea of getting Ser Davos. Originally I was pretty sure that Jon was mafia, but no one really had his back besides Catelyn the bishop/paladin (I forget which one she claimed). Plus having the jailor on our side will help us get info from other people every time he gives us the jail logs.

Janos
May 9th, 2012, 02:36 PM
Getting jailer would be nice, but you know he's a prime target for night assassination by the vampires.

The longer we wait to recruit a Mafia member, the larger the chance of one of us getting attacked. It's getting to be dangerous risking a non-Mafia recruit. I say we need to pick the scummiest target we can to cult. Even if they get lynched tomorrow, we must have the information of who is in Mafia and start directing kills. Particularly those to kill Masons. Having a Paladin over our heads as well as the fact that neither of you will survive from a night hit from other vampires is starting to unsettle me.

Melisandre
May 9th, 2012, 02:45 PM
Well, here's hoping my intended lynch against Petyr will grant us two immunity for a night. Scum will think I am targeting someone that is not them, so they might leave me alone (and Petyr, since he is my target).

As for scummy players:
-Lord Varys
-Daenerys
-Viserys
-Yoren (obviously)
-Stannis
-Aemon (neutral)
-Samwell
-Ser Ilyn

(Robb may be Consort.)

Janos
May 9th, 2012, 03:03 PM
So Melisandre, do you think Jon is jester?

Also, Petyr, if we do find a Godfather, do you want to pull a crazy stunt claiming as second sheriff and get him lynched. :D

Janos
May 9th, 2012, 03:07 PM
Well, toward the end of the game, that is, lol. Since Godfather is immune to detection, and once the person flips Godfather, then town will be like lolwuthow'dsheriffgetsuspiciousresult? Anyway, we need to start thinking of ways to take care of the Godfather. :D I don't want to be in the spotlight as someone pushing hard for the lynch, especially once he flips GF in the graveyard, so I'll have to delegate the pushing of the lynching of the Godfather to one of you.

Petyr
May 9th, 2012, 03:18 PM
If we do find a godfather I could claim sheriff, get him lynched, then when he flips just go lawl I'm a serf and I thought he was scummy. I have no problem with that. The night before I can peruse the target's posts and look for particularly scummy ones to use as evidence too.

Also, I'm a little confused by your post Melisandre. Are you going to try getting me lynched again tomorrow?

Melisandre
May 9th, 2012, 03:45 PM
Also, I'm a little confused by your post Melisandre. Are you going to try getting me lynched again tomorrow?

No, I'll direct my attention toward another player. I'll be editing my last will to look helpful to Town (even though I'll flip Cult) and give them my investigations. With any luck, they'll think I was converted tonight (if I die tonight) since conversion occurs before killing. Especially since the Jailor trusted me.

I meant that since I accused you on Day 4 (previous day), the mafia may decide not to kill either of us.

I'm not necessarily sure that Jon is mafia. If so, he pulled a terrible move by suddenly voting Petyr out of the blue and being so adamant that he's scum (and didn't he do the same to Samwell on Day 4?). He very well could be Jester/Executioner.

Melisandre
May 10th, 2012, 11:52 AM
Where'd you guys go? Game plan?

Janos
May 10th, 2012, 12:57 PM
Sorry, just got back home from school, lol.

Jon is likely to get lynched tomorrow. But if he's Mafia, then I'm willing to take the chance. I will recruit either him or Lord Varys tonight, is what I'm thinking. What do you guys suggest in terms of whom to recruit?

Meli should probably track Viserys, Aemon, or Ser Iiyn. I'm leaning towards Viserys.

Petyr
May 10th, 2012, 01:11 PM
I'd also like to know what Gregor is up to. Other than that that list looks good. I'm probably going to keep my hard-on for lynching Jon since that's what I've been doing all game. Unless you decide to cult him, of course.

Petyr
May 10th, 2012, 01:16 PM
Are you going to set up some kind of code to let us know who your targeted visited, Melisandre?

Janos
May 10th, 2012, 01:20 PM
Bronn claimed Gregor to be serf/gf/melol/jester. Unless Bronn was lying, which he very well could be though I doubt it, then Gregor will not have a viable night action for Meli to check. He's likely to be shot tonight by the vigilante, since the days are becoming more and more dangerous for him, and he has a 3/4 chance of hitting scum. Detective-ing comes before shooting, so we'd be risking Meli's life in an attempt to save the vigilante from the interceptor if Gregor is bugged lol. I wouldn't bother with him for now.

Janos
May 10th, 2012, 01:24 PM
Derp, nevermind about the vigilante shooting him lol. GF is immune and Dracula has a vest lol. In that case, then the vigilante- Well hmm. Lol. Typing and thinking on the fly here. It's possible the vigilante might just shoot Gregor to see if he dies. If he doesn't, then to the gallows he goes. Who knows what the vigilante will do. We don't know who's playing it and the tendency of their thought process.

Either way, I wouldn't suggest sending Meli to check him.

Melisandre
May 10th, 2012, 02:06 PM
-follow Viserys

Janos
May 10th, 2012, 02:30 PM
Meli, would you consider using my code for the new Mafia members to relay whom Viserys checked? As follows:

If your first sentence begins with "I," then I'll assume your following of Viserys went unhitched, in which case, I'd like you to type the number of words in your first sentence corresponding to the number on the player's list next to the person that Viserys visited.

If it starts with "The," then I'll assume the witch found you. If this is the case, then in the first sentence, type as many words in it as the number corresponding to the person's name to whom you were witched to visit. And in the second sentence, type out the number corresponding to whom your new target visited.

If your first sentence starts with "A," then I'll assume that person visited no one.

And finally, if it starts with "An," then I'll assume some night action interfered with your night action, and you weren't able to perform it, in the case of a roleblocker or something.

:) Is this acceptable?

Petyr
May 10th, 2012, 02:33 PM
Lol your number of words in a sentence code is so obnoxious. I just hope for Meli's sake that it isn't someone at the bottom of that list.

Janos
May 10th, 2012, 02:38 PM
What are you talking about, lol. It's the easiest code ever, and won't ever be uncovered because of its ingenuity by yours truly. :D In all seriousness though, just type it in Word and let it count for you. Insert adjectives as necessary. The hard part might actually be finding someone on the TOP of the list, lol. 2-3 word sentences that sound natural are pretty hard to maneuver into your speech.

Melisandre
May 10th, 2012, 02:39 PM
If I'm using this code, I'm updating it so it's not so ridiculous (=p):

Cersei
Tyrion
Catelyn
Daenerys
Petyr
Ser Jorah
Joffrey
Jon
Sandor
Ser Rodrik
Robb
Aemon
Lord Varys
Khal Drogo
Oberyn
Samwell
Viserys
Tywin
Yoren
Janos
Melisandre
Stannis
Ser Davos
Ser Loras
Ser Ilyn
Ser Gregor

Also, first word of first post shall be:

"I" = successful following [target visited a player]
"I believe" = successful following [target visited TWO players (see: Witch, Bus Driver, etc.)]
"The" = I was witched
"When" = I was role-blocked
"Last" = target visited no one

Sorry, I can just make these sentences sound more believable with my role-play than starting with "A" or "An."

Melisandre
May 10th, 2012, 02:40 PM
For the code above, add +4 words to every name. This will make the people at the top of the list give me a believable sentence.

Janos
May 10th, 2012, 02:42 PM
Sounds good to me. :D

Melisandre
May 10th, 2012, 02:43 PM
Would you like me to add for my Night 4 action that I am checking you, Janos? (in my last will)

This will either incriminate you or right you off as not in the Cult. Thoughts?

Janos
May 10th, 2012, 02:51 PM
An interesting notion, but town will not know and is unlikely to believe that you were culted the night of your execution. It might be seen more as an attempt to save a teammate, and all people on the list will be placed under scrutiny. On top of that, I'd rather not run a close one with the jailer who will think that you checked me out of suspicion. The jailer is... not as competent as I would have liked him to be, and it's your word against mine (not to mention I'll have no role to claim except serf lol) when I talk with the jailer.

I'm personally against the idea. What do you think, Petyr?

Petyr
May 10th, 2012, 02:56 PM
As of right now, Janos is blending into town pretty well so pointing her out as a serf might be bad news bears. It would be better if we had another power role culted so that we could do a role swap and have Janos pretend to be something not serf. I forget who it was in the latest day thread but they pretty much said that town needs to start hunting serfs down so putting her head on the chopping block might not be a good idea just yet.

That's my two cents anyway.

Melisandre
May 10th, 2012, 03:02 PM
Alright, changed it so that I'm following Viserys.

If I die tonight, I've made no mention of the cult (or mafia), so hopefully Town will just think I've been culted this night. It wouldn't be too far-fetched, considering I was jailed one of the four nights and that I was acting like a Town PR when I was pressuring Petyr, so we'll see.

Melisandre
May 10th, 2012, 03:03 PM
Have you settled on a recruit? I'm starting to suspect Lord Varys might be scum. Not a bad candidate, for sure.

Janos
May 10th, 2012, 03:07 PM
That's whom I'm thinking of recruiting tonight. All in consensus then?

Petyr
May 10th, 2012, 03:21 PM
Yeah that's fine by me.