PDA

View Full Version : Some Jailor questions

YrLastChance
April 27th, 2012, 08:17 PM
Wanted to get your thoughts on these two scenarios when playing Jailor and assume this setup has an SK that kills Roleblockers.

1. You jailed someone and ask them for their role and they don't talk. Do you execute them?

2. You jail someone and ask them for their role and respond with Mayor. Now do you put in your last will that he claimed Mayor or just say he claimed a town role?

For 1, I would execute in that situation just to make sure I don't die to an AFK SK even if a town member dies.

For 2, I would put that info in my LW just because if died to an SK that claimed mayor that night make him confirm his role the next day.

What would you guys do in these scenarios?

Dust
April 27th, 2012, 08:20 PM
Wanted to get your thoughts on these two scenarios when playing Jailor and assume this setup has an SK that kills Roleblockers.

1. You jailed someone and ask them for their role and they don't talk. Do you execute them?

2. You jail someone and ask them for their role and respond with Mayor. Now do you put in your last will that he claimed Mayor or just say he claimed a town role?

For 1, I would execute in that situation just to make sure I don't die to an AFK SK even if a town member dies.

For 2, I would put that info in my LW just because if died to an SK that claimed mayor that night make him confirm his role the next day.

What would you guys do in these scenarios?
1. I put it into my last will but don't execute
2. I put it into my last will but don't execute

I don't put role claims into my last will unless they are very scummy

creedkingsx
April 27th, 2012, 08:50 PM
1. Depends, if night 1, don't execute. But if the game has progressed and you have seen them talk, then execute.
2. Ask them to reveal, tell them you will jail for safe keeping if he is legit, otherwise kill him when he doesn't reveal.

ThatAwesomeDude
April 27th, 2012, 09:39 PM
1. Definitely execute. If they were town and AFK, remained AFK, and survived until a 2 town VS 1 mafia situation, the town would lose. If they weren't town who would care if they died (besides the mafia)?

2. I would leave his role in my will, telling the town to force him to reveal. I would also in my will tell the town to lynch him if I died by a serial killer (unless he reveals he's the mayor of course).

Ambient
April 27th, 2012, 09:58 PM
Depends what night it is. If its night one probably not. The nights I have it usually ends up being a town role, but about 30% of night 1 non-talkers are mafia..

Depends if SK kills role blockers is on. I would either put mayor, provable town role, or very likely town. Last wills are still widely ignored in pubs.

Kaji
April 28th, 2012, 12:32 AM
I execute non talkers and anyone that simply doesn't reveal. I've even executed some people that revealed too late. If you say you're lookout with 3 seconds left even if I have the chance to un-click the button I probably won't do it.

I put who I jailed on the last night in my last will. I also keep track of who was jailed when there was no kill in case there is a lynch and I can't rejail. I'll also report suspicious roles. Anyone claiming cit/surv/amn is getting outed. I don't out a mayor claim. The only person that should be claiming it is mayor and SK kills RBers. Simply telling them who you jailed and that SK kills RBers is on should be enough to get them lynched. It's not like people listen to LWs anyways. Town ignores LWs and Mafia will run with an incorrect LW to get a free lynch to blame on the LW.

SayGen
April 28th, 2012, 04:37 AM
I execute non talkers. there is no reason not to tell a jailor your role. period.

Miayu
April 30th, 2012, 04:12 PM
0:45 Jailor: hi there, role?
0:44 Jailor will execute target
0:30 Jailor: hello?
0:20 Jailor: don't be afk on me now...
0:10 Jailor: ok, whatever... then die
0:01 target: sorry, was on desktop
(after night ends) target: i'm investigator

Day 2
target was executed in a jail cell. Role: Investigator

Omg failor!!!

No, I don't kill afk'ers anymore. But I will always put my jailed targets and the amount of kills that night in my last will to prove someone of not being a killing role.
If someone is fishy, I ask them if it is ok for them if I leave their role claim in my last will, which I then will do :)

You always have to be extra safe, though, if you put a SK-claim in your last will. People sometimes don't read death messages (Jailor was riddled with bullets) - Last jailed target was SayGen - Omg SayGen is the SK!!! Lynch!

Blazer
April 30th, 2012, 04:41 PM
All circumstantial questions my friend. There is more data needed to support an conducive hypothesis. Otherwise it is mere speculation that a chimpanzee can do my good sir.

JSaint
April 30th, 2012, 04:50 PM
Usually on first night, I do not execute.

I watch if there's an absence of a kill based on the role set. If there is one, I jail the same person the next night and follow up with an execution.

2) Always write down what people claimed their roles were in your last will. It's helpful for all investigate roles and town when you die if they are still living. As much as this can help mafia, the advantage of them being able to narrow the gap in knowledge often helps find the mafia in process of elimination

3) Always write the last person u jailed with an append function. Just in case they are an SK and lying, the town will know who to look for after you die.

4) Read the role list as a Jailor, and tally the list of the living and the dead to try to see if it's possible for a role to exist. I once let a person that claimed Coroner go, but realised that I was the Random Advanced town on the list to know it wasn't possible and execute him the following night.

ALL HAIL CTHULHU
April 30th, 2012, 09:21 PM
Can we please please please please allow jailors to write death notes?

-dn did not say anything

-dn claimed godfather in jail

MagmaRam
April 30th, 2012, 09:57 PM
Can we please please please please allow jailors to write death notes?

-dn did not say anything

-dn claimed godfather in jail
Town killing roles can not write death notes because it would make any town role capable of killing to be able to be confirmed very easily via death note, or so I have been told. Only Spy and Mayor can be confirmed right now as it is.

Elixir
April 30th, 2012, 10:19 PM
-dn i am executing this guy and my name is elixir dont lynch me.

instant clear.

Not going to happen.

JSaint
April 30th, 2012, 11:22 PM
I think that while there is some merit in your argument,

I prefer not to be identified as a jailor even in DN. Town has more important roles to protect such as Sheriff, and it's not a good idea.

Secondly, while this clears me, I'm effectively saying to the mafia and sk that I want to be killed and my legs are spread wide open to receive you.

SK's have been smartly using DNs to actually identify the GF if necessary, same for GF. I noticed some smart people abusing this ^^.

After saying that, I would still say no death notes for jailor. Some of them tend to be failors and write all sorts of crap and say all sorts of stuff when brought to trial.

Unknown User
May 1st, 2012, 06:11 AM
If the SK is still alive, I will execute. I have died to silent SKs for this reason. No one will listen to your last will. If he ends up being an investigator, then it's his fault for being afk, not yours.
If the SK is dead, I will not execute most people, unless they screw up in night chat (like trying to talk to other mafias). Just put who you jailed in your lw incase you get shot, so they know who isn't the gf.

Um, if it was mayor, you don't need to put that in your lw. he can prove it for himself. If you're asking if you should do this to catch a liar, then I recommend whispering a known townie and telling him that the guy told you he was mayor. That doubles the chance of catching him in a lie lol

BoogeyMan
May 1st, 2012, 10:21 AM
How about telling the town the jailors captive the night before he died? That way he cant say who he is or anything in a death note.

Jowa
May 1st, 2012, 04:42 PM

Err yea. Any1 AFK should die... If they aren't AFK, then they should still die...

Do whatever you want. Games aren't for you to play in someone else's shoes. Figure it out yourself.