PDA

View Full Version : For Dark Revenant, a question about pausing and reporting ragequitters

Necroplant
April 27th, 2012, 06:16 PM
Dark Revenant, I made my first-ever player report a week ago, and while no action was taken on it, it was a good practice run, as I followed the format. I felt like reporting some ragequitters, but wanted your (and mod's) opinion on this.

I always pause 3 times on Day 1, because I giggle so hard IRL, and because I'm Necroplant. DR has said that pausing doesn't count as griefing, since you only get 3 pauses per-game, and people can MINGE if they want.

But I wanted to make a report on ragequitters, three on Day 1!

Except, if it's because I paused the game, does that make ragequitting an allowable offense?

I want some answers before I get some mod training.

Tasogare_Akira
April 27th, 2012, 08:44 PM
Pausing the game does not make rage quitting an allowable offense. However, we can only really punish people who are chronic leavers and people who do so immediately after receiving their roles.

Bruno
April 27th, 2012, 08:44 PM
Necroplant for mod.

Yes.

Duzero
April 28th, 2012, 04:26 AM
Lol this is awesome, first you make people ragequit then you report them!

Necroplant
April 28th, 2012, 12:00 PM
Lol this is awesome, first you make people ragequit then you report them!

Yep, that's the plan. Thanks for the nod of support, Akira.

We'll put Mafia on page 2 in no time!

Lysergic
April 28th, 2012, 12:58 PM
Pausing the game does not make rage quitting an allowable offense. However, we can only really punish people who are chronic leavers and people who do so immediately after receiving their roles.

Actually, it's quite easy to accidentally click the quit button when trying to unpause, if someone beats you to unpausing the game. It's happened to me before (since I don't have an F15 key to unpause using a shortcut), and I would assume that this is what happened to the three people he's referring to.

Duzero
April 28th, 2012, 01:46 PM
Apples don't need keys.

Necroplant
April 28th, 2012, 02:05 PM
Actually, it's quite easy to accidentally click the quit button when trying to unpause, if someone beats you to unpausing the game. It's happened to me before (since I don't have an F15 key to unpause using a shortcut), and I would assume that this is what happened to the three people he's referring to.

Akira would say that's no excuse. There is an alternative: hit the pause button to unpause, or go through F10 (in which an UNPAUSE button appears!).

Either way, they lose 10 points. I think they should lose 50.