PDA

View Full Version : EXCLUDE SPY FROM RANDOM

suicidaln00b
April 13th, 2012, 09:57 PM
bcuz

having to talk cryptic as FUGck in mafia chat just because there could potentially be a randomed spy is shit your shit

night chat is (or should be) the biggest asset of the mafia; instead it's reduced to a master tacticool espionage shitpile in which spy watches your every move and you cant do shit but click buttons

alspo remove spy's ability to see all mafia targets that shit is op$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$thx$ $ $

Rihfok
April 13th, 2012, 09:59 PM
bcuz

having to talk cryptic as FUGck in mafia chat just because there could potentially be a randomed spy is shit your shit

night chat is (or should be) the biggest asset of the mafia; instead it's reduced to a master tacticool espionage shitpile in which spy watches your every move and you cant do shit but click buttons

alspo remove spy's ability to see all mafia targets that shit is op$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$thx$ $ $

Mafia targets can be set off in setup.
By talking different you can make believe spy that specific people are Mafia.
It's not easy, but it's interesting.

Sinclair
April 13th, 2012, 10:23 PM
All you gotta do is say, alright Godfather hit him. Alright red, hit him. Okay dark green hit him. And those colors don't have to be mafia. I do it all the time to throw the spy off if he's stupid.

Apocist
April 13th, 2012, 11:00 PM
Spy makes the game all the more realistic. The mafia have to gather in secret and discreetly converse. Its simple to make it an average thing in all games.

In fact I always throw off a random name to confuse a possible spy.

cookies4you
April 13th, 2012, 11:05 PM
All you gotta do is say, alright Godfather hit him. Alright red, hit him. Okay dark green hit him. And those colors don't have to be mafia. I do it all the time to throw the spy off if he's stupid.

Correction, since he's stupid.

I have NEVER gotten a game where the Spy was intelligent enough to support the town without any dire consequences. Because of him, they lynched the fucking Mayor.

suicidaln00b
April 14th, 2012, 10:05 AM
ok wat im tryin 2 saey...

the only thing you can possibly do as mafia with a spy that may be present

is say "ok kill this guy" all while excreting red herrings out of your ass

hello im framer im going to pretend to frame one of my allies Omg Now He Is Covered Bcuz Dipshit Spy Actually Believes Night Chat.

you can't discuss any real GaMe PlaNz because the spy will know everything youll do already woops

implying pubs know coordination

Duzero
April 14th, 2012, 11:41 AM
there are 1000 ways to trick the spy
(most of them depend on allies who can catch on and make it believeable)
act like someone is afk, start by saying "kill this dude" a few seconds later "are you here?" a few seconds later "COLOR??????? WAKE UP" hopefully he says something like "back now, sry" before night ends (don't try to act like 2 people when you are the only one speaking, spy can see which player that talks)
have both mafioso and GF? pretend one mafia is jailed, works well together with a frame on that person
also never say "hi spy" if you want to make any of this believeable ^^

Goremancer
April 14th, 2012, 11:45 AM
YES SPAIS ARE OP. REMOVE THEM FROM GAMES. SURVIVORS ARE ALSO OP. I'M WITH YA SUICIDAL

biersteker
April 14th, 2012, 11:49 AM
Just visit the godfather as janitor. And you cleared the godfather for life :)

Lazers
April 14th, 2012, 12:57 PM
I think what he's trying to say is, is that its fucking annoying to not be able to say whatever you want to and have to continuously be paranoid as fuck and say 1/2 words, while spouting fallacies in a manner that only a 200 point player would fall for them

You guys bitch and moan whenever a graveyard role is proposed, but this is no different. Hell, mafia chat is even more important than graveyard chat in most cases.

Spy should be setup based, I agree

BorkBot
April 15th, 2012, 05:00 PM
I agree that having to talk in idiotic ways in night chat is annoying as hell and that's why I always turn the spy option to see mafia chat OFF.

My spies only see mafia targets, not their chat. That way the spy becomes a neat information gathering role that can cooperate well with lookouts and detectives, and which is especially good at catching disguisers.

Jowa
April 16th, 2012, 01:09 AM
Well there is a option to remove the spy. I don't know if it was there before or what but good. The spy can only do one thing, listen to the mafia. If the mafia don't talk then what? They are just a cit. My save uses the "sees all mafia targets" but it normally has no effect. Spy's aren't immune to detection so they can't see framers.

BorkBot
April 16th, 2012, 07:41 AM
Well there is a option to remove the spy. I don't know if it was there before or what but good. The spy can only do one thing, listen to the mafia. If the mafia don't talk then what? They are just a cit. My save uses the "sees all mafia targets" but it normally has no effect. Spy's aren't immune to detection so they can't see framers.
What? Spies can see all mafia visitations if that option is enabled. So if someone says "I investigated X and they are the arsonist!" and you saw that the mafia visited X, you'll have a rather interesting clue regarding their role (probably consigliere, not investigator..)

Spies detecting mafia visits can be really useful. It just stops being useful when there is only one mafia left, because only seeing kill targets that die isn't that awesome.

Lysergic
April 16th, 2012, 08:11 AM
I think what he's trying to say is, is that its fucking annoying to not be able to say whatever you want to and have to continuously be paranoid as fuck and say 1/2 words, while spouting fallacies in a manner that only a 200 point player would fall for them

You guys bitch and moan whenever a graveyard role is proposed, but this is no different. Hell, mafia chat is even more important than graveyard chat in most cases.

Spy should be setup based, I agree

It's also annoying to have to worry about targeting a Veteran.

It's also annoying to have a Witch force you to self target as Mafioso, resulting in suicide.

It's also annoying to have a Bus Driver swap the shit out of your invest targets, resulting in mislynches every day.

It's also annoying to be COMPLETELY EXCLUDED from day chat because of Blackmailer (often for MULTIPLE days at a time).

And yet of these, the only one that has the OPTION to be excluded from randoms is the one than can kill half the town in a single night. And that's the way it should be.

Gingerape
April 16th, 2012, 08:30 AM
And yet of these, the only one that has the OPTION to be excluded from randoms is the one than can kill half the town in a single night. And that's the way it should be.

I've seen a vet kill 6 people on Day 1, he was red and named Justin Bieber or something.

Lazers
April 16th, 2012, 11:40 AM

It's also annoying to have a Witch force you to self target as Mafioso, resulting in suicide.

It's also annoying to have a Bus Driver swap the shit out of your invest targets, resulting in mislynches every day.

It's also annoying to be COMPLETELY EXCLUDED from day chat because of Blackmailer (often for MULTIPLE days at a time).

Veteran is optional

Only terrible witches blindly self target, and you should have comfort knowing that that witch is probably going to get his ass handed to him

Bus Drivers are admittedly pretty useless

Blackmailers gonna blackmail

You're missing the point. A bus driver may fuck up one or two people's roles out of, what, 9 townsmen? While a single spy can fuck up the coordination of an ENTIRE team, who NEED to use coordination to actually be successful. Town can, has, and will get by without the use of one or two people, but the loss of communication between Mafia members is extremely important and often gamechanging

Also this is already implemented anyway

Jowa
April 16th, 2012, 11:42 AM
WOAH, did you just say Bus divers are useless?!!?!?!?! You have to be joking. A bus in the right hands can be very very nice... If the bus diver is bad, well the game will be fun anyways!

Lazers
April 16th, 2012, 11:45 AM
WOAH, did you just say Bus divers are useless?!!?!?!?! You have to be joking. A bus in the right hands can be very very nice... If the bus diver is bad, well the game will be fun anyways!

Well, barring bus driver kills and protection of certain roles like mayor, he is pretty useless

Even "in the right hands" you usually have little info to work with

Jowa
April 16th, 2012, 11:56 AM
Thats completely wrong. The bus driver doesn't protect anyone. That is a horrible way to play with him. Example:

Mayor reveals day 1 like a beast mayor. Then a stupid bud driver comes and say "oh lets protect the mayor!" Next thing you know the mayor ends up dead! The doc that was originally on the mayor didn't do anything because a bus driver bussed the mayor. At the end of the game when it's 2 town vs 2 mafia, a bus driver can mean the difference between a victory or defeat. The busdriver has the best chance to win with that situation.

Lazers
April 16th, 2012, 11:58 AM
>Doctor can heal mayor

HAHAHAHAHA OH GOD

Holy hell, what setup were you playing on? Anyway, the situation you described is gambling and endless WIFOM bullshit thinking. There's no skill involved. In fact, protecting a Mayor with bus driver swaps would require more thought than mindless "hurrrhrhrururur SWAP" endgame "strategy"

Yes, he has potential. But it's not very controllable

Gat
April 16th, 2012, 12:09 PM
In my experience good bus drivers can single-handedly win the game for the town. Mafia has no defense against a good bus driver, and WIFOM always kicks in near endgame with a bus driver. Personally I have caused mafia to target their own and run em over enough times to say this with confidence.

Jowa
April 16th, 2012, 12:14 PM
Potential. That's a great word! That was the one I was looking for. The bus driver has potential to be a great role, but the diver also has the potential to screw that town over.

Lazers
April 16th, 2012, 12:18 PM
It's still unsure as fu ckckkkkkk

Jowa
April 16th, 2012, 12:21 PM
It's not usually unsure. Normally by the time the game is 2v2 or 3v3, everyone know's the roles of everyone else's role. The hard part is trying to find out who the mafia will attack. If there is a doc still alive, the town has a good chance of still winning.

Lazers
April 16th, 2012, 12:22 PM
The hard part is trying to find out who the mafia will attack.

unsure as fu ckckkkkkk

suicidaln00b
April 16th, 2012, 12:24 PM
well bd can prevent power roles from being blocked/witched/blackmailed as well as swapping kill

BD killz are sheer fucking luck even at endgame, only nerd BDs will make trying to kill ppl top priority

GriM-DeMoN
April 17th, 2012, 02:58 AM
YAY This has been added NOW I CAN CHAT ALL BUTTFAG IN MAFIA CHAT

Duzero
April 17th, 2012, 06:33 AM
YAY This has been added NOW I CAN CHAT ALL BUTTFAG IN MAFIA CHAT

Common typo

Jowa
April 17th, 2012, 07:30 AM
Common typo

You forgot to add your period at the end of your sentence.

Duzero
April 17th, 2012, 08:02 AM
You forgot to add your period at the end of your sentence.

no

BorkBot
April 17th, 2012, 08:18 AM
Did any options get removed then?

Jowa
April 17th, 2012, 01:37 PM
no
You forgot to put a period at the end of your sentence again. You also forgot to capitalize your 'N' in "no".

Omeleet
April 17th, 2012, 02:02 PM
Hark, I say, what drama faggotry doth we have here? The grammarian police send us a missive of grievance? Dohoho.

Duzero
April 17th, 2012, 02:40 PM
You forgot to put a period at the end of your sentence again. You also forgot to capitalize your 'N' in "no".

how i try select n in no and right click but no option for capitalize