PDA

View Full Version : My Extended Last Will

TheJackofSpades
June 21st, 2011, 09:22 PM
Prospective Masons of the Near Future,
If you are reading these words, it means that by some miracle our order lives on. In all likelihood, I am dead. Despite my best efforts, all my plans and subtle maneuverings were torn away in mere moments by another's sudden lapse of judgment. Whether or not you believe me foolish for putting my trust into Claw, the fact remains that he was the only person willing to step forward and attempt to move the town towards a mafia lynch, and his reasoning and intuition I greatly respected.

I will first cover my thoughts on the first day. Day one began with the frustration of me having missed my recruitment mark. If you've read my other threads, and my last will(which I have yet to write tonight), you'll know that Clawtrocity was telling the truth when he said he was masoned. When he admitted it, I was severely confused, as I had pegged him for Sheriff or Investigator and it made no sense why he would speak out. So then, I thought he was the jester and as such I made no push to defend or call for his head. It would be a waste to investigate him, the knowledge would tell us nothing we couldn't already gather(especially with a framer). Other than that, the day was pretty boring. I don't remember much else because honestly not much else happened. People were speaking really passively, trying to get a feel for what was going on, I get it, that's fine. I had a good feeling on a safe choice for my next night's recruitment, FalseTruth hinted fairly subtly(at least, I thought at the time), that he was a citizen and so I felt safe that he wouldn't be killed when I recruited him.

Imagine my joy when I was right about him being a citizen upon receiving the message in my inbox. And then shortly thereafter when I was informed of his untimely demise. I was alone, again. I couldn't solidify Claw's claim, I wasn't safe to hunt the cult as I was the only person left again. I'm not really sure how False got away with writing another last will after he was recruited. At least, his last will hints at him being aware that he was a mason and that I was still alive. It really caused more harm than good though, to be honest. He should have stated he was recruited that night.

Now, on to Day 2. The jester is dead, which means that Claw was telling the truth to some degree. I decided to put my faith in him because I believe him to be a very good player, he's capable enough to get his point across without being Auckmid(Ugh). Of course, a lot of people think he's been recruited to the cult, but I don't honestly care. He's completely harmless unless he's been given a gun(why? I mean honestly, why did you give him a gun? Why didn't the armorer give him armor?). From the way he's worded his posts I can only assume he's extremely afraid of not being protected. He won't specify the item he got, which leads me to believe he wants to bluff his way into protection while still keeping whomever gave it to him from calling him a liar. That's fine. The fact that he is possibly a cultist actually plays better into my plan anyway, but I'll get to that in a minute. My only goal day 2 is to lynch a mafia. Three kills a night is brutal, we don't even have enough days to lynch all of them before the town will be completely dead if the game keeps up the way it has been.

Of course, no one even makes an attempt at cooperating, the best we got was 5 towards a lynch on Lysergic, whom I believe acted extremely suspect(leaning a lot on 'I'm busy'). I'm not entirely convinced he's mafia, but I figure it's a better shot than his deflection's accusee. Lynching Claw is a waste of time, it won't solve anything at all and will only put us behind.

So here's my plan; If Claw is cult, I want to make myself seem like I'm supporting him to the utmost, making it seem as meta as possible so I can bait the cult into trying to recruit me. If he's not, I make myself a large target so I can draw doctor heals, and give me some more time to try and get a disciple under my belt, while still making myself a pretty decent cult target. This of course goes up in smoke the second Claw mentions the possibility of me being the mason. Ugh.

Here are a few suggestions:
1) Recruit the least obvious citizen
2) Only make it a priority to hunt cult members when there are at least two of you.
3) Try and ease discussion towards lynching mafia members, and hope you get a lucky break and the cult reveals it's leader to you
4) Pay close attention to people who are skeptical about voting. THESE PEOPLE ARE ALMOST CERTAINLY NOT TOWN.
5) And finally, secrecy is most important. Mason is not a role that can operate efficiently out in the open, you will remove your chance at the most important part of your role; revealing the cultist leader.

Good luck,
The Jack of Spades
Elder Freemason