PDA

View Full Version : R&D Forum Access

cookies4you
April 11th, 2012, 05:20 PM
Change the requirement from Donators, to Members.

The future of Mafia should be determined by the players devoted to it, not by a random person who has paid 1$ for in-game benefits. Someone willing to devote their time and effort into discussing about Mafia should have more power than one who decides to bribe his way into the game. Additionally, many ban-listed players are donors, most of whom have tried to donate in order to get unbanned. What do we do about them? Should they, the scum of Mafia, be the ones to decide the game's fate?

The problem is, the R&D's access is determined by money, not by effort. There's a reason why they're called Donations, and that's the reason why they should stay that way. Donations shouldn't need to carry any benefits. If anything, though, donations should give you a title, and some early unlocks, and that's about it.

Dark.Revenant
April 11th, 2012, 05:22 PM
Once 1.5 is in PTR I'll be adding people to a VIP group that gives R&D access. Generally, it will be active members of the community.

Tasogare_Akira
April 11th, 2012, 05:25 PM
I personally agree with this.

Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this post are not necessarily the views and opinions of the Council of Mages.

Blazer
April 11th, 2012, 05:26 PM
I personally agree with this.

Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this post are not necessarily the views and opinions of the Council of Mages.

Lol disclaimer....what is that all about

cookies4you
April 11th, 2012, 05:34 PM
Once 1.5 is in PTR I'll be adding people to a VIP group that gives R&D access. Generally, it will be active members of the community.

This works too. I'm happy as long as the community, even if only a fraction of it, gets the power to vote. All is well and good...

Oh look, I'm a Senior Member now.

Lazers
April 11th, 2012, 05:43 PM
I think senior members should be allowed to join, yeah

Maaaaaybe members, but the last suggestion forum was a clusterfuck

Landstander
April 11th, 2012, 06:06 PM
R&D was created for not just donors. It's initial concept indeed involved not just donaters but influential and contributing members of the community. Anyone who falls into this category, (which falls under the management's discretion) will eventually have access to R&D as well because we will want their input.

Burnteskimo IIl.
April 11th, 2012, 06:09 PM
I demand access to these forums immediately.

Landstander
April 11th, 2012, 06:10 PM

No.

cookies4you
April 11th, 2012, 06:13 PM

No.

Edit. Damn, Landstander beat me to it

Gingerape
April 11th, 2012, 06:22 PM
No.

Edit. Damn, Landstander beat me to it

...w-what..
You put the edit in your actual post?

Joeajon
April 11th, 2012, 07:36 PM
That would mean less money for the people making the game.... They don't want that!!!

Dark.Revenant
April 11th, 2012, 08:22 PM
I could get a job instead of making money on Mafia. But then you wouldn't have updates, making a suggestions forum pointless.

Apocist
April 12th, 2012, 07:33 PM
Yay, DR chooses us over his welfare XD. Thx seriously.