PDA

View Full Version : oops_ur_dead

Raiden
June 21st, 2011, 05:52 AM
Is he on the same team with claw or what? He isn't willing to vote him even after he cast suspicion on him multiple times, and lysergic's posts fueled it even more. Since i believe claw is cult, i suspect that oops is the cult leader.

He's the only one, apart from town, who could benefit from avoiding random lynchage...

FalseTruth
June 21st, 2011, 10:53 AM
No, he can't be. Not with the recent updates on the matter.

Raiden
June 21st, 2011, 11:49 AM
There's no reason for him not to vote clawtrocity then. Also he, alongside jack (who you said is the first mason, and as such i don't understand his reasoning) is trying to drive the attention away from the cult, which to me is the biggest threat in the whole game. A cult conversion is worse than death, and it gets more and more dangerous each passing day, especially if they find mafia. Surely the cult can be screwed up by someone random killing the leader, but as days pass it becomes less and less likely, since both mafia will try to target town power roles or each other first.

Most of silent people are afk citizen imho. They are good targets for masons and noone else.

Goonswarm
June 21st, 2011, 06:01 PM
IM DEAD :(

Raiden
June 22nd, 2011, 02:21 AM
Finally oops accused claw, clearing himself. I still can't see why it has taken so long. This goes for other people as well... any lynch would have been better than no lynch, yesterday.

TheJackofSpades
June 22nd, 2011, 09:48 PM
My hope was to draw the cult into trying to recruit me, assuming they had chosen to recruit the most obvious target the night previous. If this is the case, they were clearly working on the logic that the most obvious target is the most efficient. I projected myself as an important, town-aligned role and hoped the cult's imagination would fill in the rest.

None of that matters though, as Claw crushed any hope that my ruse would have been successful. My guess is the cult will win now that I am dead, but killing a cult recruited doctor is a waste of a lynch.

Raiden
June 23rd, 2011, 01:06 AM
A waste? How is that worse than no lynching? The town is in terrible shape, it was obvious this would happen. Even if claw turned out to be innocent, you had to take the risk. Not doing it means pretty much handing your ass to the cult on a silver plate, which is what will happen now.

TheJackofSpades
June 23rd, 2011, 09:29 AM
Because even with the votes for Lysergic shifted to Claw, we still wouldn't have lynched him. Claw was the only person I knew had a head on his shoulders, I had to keep him alive as long as possible. If he was cult, it was very likely they would feed us a mafia in order to solidify his authority which would have been 100% fine in my books. I could have always just killed him off at night if things got out of hand. On the other hand, if he wasn't cult, no harm done. My only mistake was sticking my neck out too far; I assumed our doctor wasn't Claw being role-blocked.

Raiden
June 23rd, 2011, 09:37 AM
The lack of votes is yet a different matter, it's no reason not to vote claw. The cult would never hand us a mafia if they knew who was it, that would be stupid. They would just recruit him. And killing claw at night would have accomplished nothing, he couldn't be the cult leader anyway.

The masons are (or better were) a powerful role in this setup, they need to continue recruiting while posting in their last will who they tried to recruit. That was the only chance to get some mafia down.

TheJackofSpades
June 23rd, 2011, 11:36 AM
The lack of votes is yet a different matter, it's no reason not to vote claw. The cult would never hand us a mafia if they knew who was it, that would be stupid. They would just recruit him. And killing claw at night would have accomplished nothing, he couldn't be the cult leader anyway.

The masons are (or better were) a powerful role in this setup, they need to continue recruiting while posting in their last will who they tried to recruit. That was the only chance to get some mafia down.

So you think wasting a lynch on Claw is more efficient than wasting a recruit on him? Honestly. Of course he couldn't be the Cult Leader, that's exactly why I suggested I could kill him if need be.

Raiden
June 23rd, 2011, 12:00 PM
It is indeed more efficient. We had next to zero clues, and all of those pointed towards claw. Keep in mind that we also didn't know he was really visited by a mason, so the chances of wasting the lynch were even smaller, but that's not the point.

The point is that masons are VERY powerful in this setup. You get an awesome result no matter what you do at night: you create another mason (one less cultable towny, more chances to find the leader), you kill a cultist, you find mafia/sk with 100% certainty. That's even better than investigator.

Clawtrocity
June 23rd, 2011, 01:14 PM
Actually I apparently guessed most of the bad guys right.

Oops SAS Narks Rumpel Lysergic Elixir Procyon

Most of them are bad I'm pretty sure.

FalseTruth
June 23rd, 2011, 11:48 PM
Ly is not bad imo