PDA

View Full Version : Framer option

AscendedOne
June 19th, 2011, 01:51 AM
Option for framers target to appear as framer. That is all.

Zack
June 19th, 2011, 01:56 AM
Or maybe like this:

Framer gets to choose a target out of the existing mafia members, including himself (and dead mafia members too). This is in addition to the regular target he
chooses to frame.

Then his target will appear to be the mafia role he selected as his other target, so he could make people look like Framer or even GF.

AscendedOne
June 19th, 2011, 02:06 AM
DAMNED GOOD REPLY either way works.

AscendedOne
June 20th, 2011, 03:53 PM
bump

FalseTruth
June 20th, 2011, 03:59 PM
Ya the game needs a framer buff that isn't "undetectable". I think DR should add both of those suggestions if possible.

AscendedOne
June 20th, 2011, 04:01 PM
Thanks man.

Nebbie
June 20th, 2011, 08:43 PM
I think the frame as your fellow mafia suggestion is god, but that it should exclude undetectable mafia's roles (if undetectable mafia targeted to frame as, frame as mafioso.) It would also be cool to be able to frame someone as a Serial Killer or Arsonist.

Villedge
June 20th, 2011, 09:37 PM
Or maybe like this:

Framer gets to choose a target out of the existing mafia members, including himself (and dead mafia members too). This is in addition to the regular target he
chooses to frame.

Then his target will appear to be the mafia role he selected as his other target, so he could make people look like Framer or even GF.

This is brilliant

AscendedOne
June 20th, 2011, 11:26 PM
Zack is god of this topic.

Dark.Revenant
June 20th, 2011, 11:42 PM
Changed Framer to make the target appear as a random Mafia role (from the group of Mafia in the game -- if you have 2 Mafiosi and 1 Framer, 2/3 chance for Mafioso and 1/3 for Framer as the target's identity).

AscendedOne
June 21st, 2011, 12:24 AM
Does that mean if you sheriff framed person that got randomized GF framing he appears innocent?

FalseTruth
June 21st, 2011, 12:35 AM
So if someone checks the framer's target twice, there's a 50/50 chance of framed person instantly being discovered as innocent.

This is good.

What if there is 1 GF in the game? Framer's target has a 50/50 chance of being undetectable?

If so, this is a good change.

Although I still prefer Zack's idea. Too much to ask for :(

AscendedOne
June 21st, 2011, 01:48 AM
Agreed with falsetruth apon further thinking. DR while this is a change for the better, I would perfer a different change.

Dark.Revenant
June 21st, 2011, 02:49 AM
To answer, no the Godfather immunity thing does not transfer. The Framer is good enough to stealthily make someone appear to be a role; he can't do something so Inception-like as to sneak into an innocent person's house and tamper with it to make it look like he is the Godfather, and then tamper with it further to hide the evidence he just planted to make it seem like he's a Godfather in hiding as an innocent. That's way too much built-in WIFOM for my liking. Yo dawg, I heard you like framing, so I framed your framer so you can hide while you hide.

And Zack's idea takes a lot more development time and is needlessly complicated.

Zack
June 21st, 2011, 02:52 AM
Well, my ideas do tend to be complicated D:

Its alright, random role out of the existing roles works just fine. Definatley beats constantly making people look like Mafioso, especially when there is no Mafioso in the setup...

AscendedOne
June 21st, 2011, 02:52 AM
Needlessly?

As falsetruth said he could just double up on investigations and he could come up clean, but now you can have a sheriff and investigator target same person to count it too? (for GF detection) NO BAD DR.

Dark.Revenant
June 21st, 2011, 03:05 AM
So the town has to coordinate or spend an extra investigation on someone to verify a role? I don't see how this is a bad thing in terms of gameplay dynamics.

AscendedOne
June 21st, 2011, 03:07 AM
Dam you got a point here...... Meh investigator doesnt need to investigate him twice.... but if he turns up mafia second time around you know hes being framed......

AscendedOne
June 21st, 2011, 06:15 PM
Is this just a temporay fix? Do you plan to change it in the future to zacks suggestion?

FalseTruth
June 21st, 2011, 10:29 PM
To answer, no the Godfather immunity thing does not transfer. The Framer is good enough to stealthily make someone appear to be a role; he can't do something so Inception-like as to sneak into an innocent person's house and tamper with it to make it look like he is the Godfather, and then tamper with it further to hide the evidence he just planted to make it seem like he's a Godfather in hiding as an innocent. That's way too much built-in WIFOM for my liking. Yo dawg, I heard you like framing, so I framed your framer so you can hide while you hide.

And Zack's idea takes a lot more development time and is needlessly complicated.

That cracked me up ;D