PDA

View Full Version : Day I - A New Threat

Dark.Revenant
June 17th, 2011, 10:08 PM
Tonight, the screams finally came. The first scream was loud and short -- a sharp yell, several gunshots, followed by silence. This was to be expected. The Massino and Corleone families had finally resolved to destroy one another, so their method of achieving that is killing everyone who seems suspicious. However, the second scream was not expected. Instead of one of the families retaliating against the other, a different kind of evil struck. The earlier gunshots had no real effect on the people of Delia, save for some startled gasps, but this new sound brought the entire town to a frightened silence. This second scream was muffled, barely audible. But it was long -- masochistically drawn out and lavished upon by an unknown psychopath. There was silence for hours thereafter...

The morning bells rung, signaling an emergency forum. Shaken back to reality, the nobility of Delia hobbled down the rugged pathways from their homes to the town square, fearing hearing the news of their friends potentially being killed. Today, the town square lost the hustle and bustle of what one would expect of the piazza; instead of merchant tents, street vendors, and busy restaurants, there stood a single, dry platform directly in the center of town. If one looks closely, a trap-door can be seen built into the platform. However, its counterpart stole the show: supported by four clamps and two tonnes of boulders, a massive pillar of wood towered above the town assembly. Attached to the top of the pillar is a thick beam of wood, supported by a wide cross-beam and several large, partially-rusted iron nails. Fixed upon the tip of this device is a single, thick line of rope, stretching down several feet to chest-level on the platform. The end of the rope is neatly tied in a noose.

This device, which the town named "Grand Saint Death", is nearly as old as Delia itself. It was brought in from the town hall's showroom mere months after being repaired with fresh wood and unceremoniously assembled on the worn, uneven cobblestone of the town square. For Delia, it was once a symbol of harsh order. But now, it is once again an instrument of vigilante justice.

The message was clear enough to the assembly of nobles, but the Mayor had something to address that nobody had the will to ask. "The Mafia residing here have gone far enough. We found Deolrin this morning, slain in such a manner that leads us to suspect the involvement of organized crime." Silence befell the forum, eyes darting from person to person. "Furthermore, another of us, Signor monster, was found dead in the most horrifying of ways. We suspect piano wire and a serrated kitchen knife to be the implements of death in this case." The reaction to this news was not silent; several people choked on their own spit, others gasped and shoved a hand over their mouth, and a few visibly cringed. The Mayor continued, "this activity is intolerable and must be stopped at all costs. If justice is to be served, we must execute the parties responsible. I will not have this level of violence in my city."

The message was clear; one of their number would have to be executed, probably today. As the idea that one of them would likely not be returning home sunk in, everyone's faces drew into tense frowns, wondering which of them would be the one to be erased from existence.

"I'm not done. Last night, someone -- and I could not see his face, the damn coward -- painted a pentagram on the church door! This is heresy of the highest degree and must be met with blood. As members of the Roman Catholic Church, we are bound by divine ordinance to deal with this cult." The Mayor pointed to the gallows assembled behind him. Some of the people at the forum were visibly shaking by now; the two factions of the Mafia, the deranged killer, and now the Cult are all lingering in this town. Only one group will survive.

"That is all. The forum commences."

Day I

Delia
13 July, 1883; 10:22 AM

Delia Nobility Population
Auckmid
Clawtrocity
CyanBlade
Elixir
FalseTruth
FLaSH
Goonswarm
Lysergic
McPwnage
MileS
MrSmarter
mrzwach
Narks
oops_ur_dead
Procyon
Raiden
Rumpel
S.A.S.Cnl.Alpha
Sarzael
Spy
Styx
TheJackofSpades
Zack

Unknown Roles List
Godfather (Corleone)
Mafioso (Corleone)
Mafioso (Corleone)
Framer (Massino)
Hooker (Massino)
Mafioso (Massino)
Serial Killer
Jester
Cult Leader
Mason
Doctor
Investigator
Sheriff
Sheriff
Gunsmith
Armorer
Citizen/Mason
Citizen
Citizen
Citizen
Citizen
Citizen
Citizen

Graveyard
Sierra Corleone (Consigliere (Corleone)) -- Died Night 0 - 7 July, 1883; 2:12 AM - Gunshot wound in the heart while sleeping
Deolrin (Citizen) -- Died Night 1 - 12 July, 1883; 11:52 PM - Shot multiple times in the chest and head in a street corner
monster (Citizen) -- Died Night 1 - 13 July, 1883; 2:40 AM - Eight knife wounds in the abdomen and a partially-severed head, apparently from a piano wire

If you haven't already, please read the rules in the previous thread.

Keep in mind that as soon as someone reaches a simple majority of the votes, they will be executed. Even if you get the required 12 votes and then all repeal your votes before I check the thread, he will still be executed. There is no post editing.

This day will end at 2:00 AM, Sunday June 19 (EST -5) or when someone is executed.

To vote, type "vote PERSON" in this thread. You may repeal your vote and you may also vote to lynch nobody.

FalseTruth
June 17th, 2011, 10:45 PM
First of all, amazing write up DR. Couldn't have done it better myself.

To the rest of the people participating: Let's discuss!!!!

WHO THE FUCK KILLED MY FRIENDS?!?!?!

TheJackofSpades
June 17th, 2011, 10:53 PM
( And so it begins. I guess I'll come back tomorrow afternoon and hope I don't miss much until then. Damn having to get up early! )

Elixir
June 17th, 2011, 11:28 PM
Disgusting... By god we will find those responsible.

Sarzael
June 18th, 2011, 01:04 AM
Some proofs people? Anyone know something?

Zack
June 18th, 2011, 01:59 AM
Its horrible! Insane! Inhuman! To think someone can do this with a clean conscience!

How dare you trample all over my garden like this?! My cabbages!

Also they left a dead cat near my doorstep, who does such despicable deeds... Oh whats that you say, people were killed? Yes yes, terrible indeed, how awful.. Now can we get back to who destroyed my garden?! I say that person must be hanged!

Come forward! I dare you!

-Starts staring at people one by one-

Rumpel1408
June 18th, 2011, 02:41 AM
First of all i want to express my condolence for all the poor, innocent and beloved cabbages. Zack i really understand you.

But is anyone else wondering about the way monster died? I mean knives aren't Mafia style. This is leading me to the thought, that one Mafia Family did not kill?

However it's to early to kill out of nothing. Only the Mafia would benefit from that. I'm afraid we have to let this day pass unless anyone got some information for us...

Narks
June 18th, 2011, 02:50 AM
how the fuck is spy still alive

Raiden
June 18th, 2011, 05:35 AM
Must be mafia. Check him tonight.

oops_ur_dead
June 18th, 2011, 05:47 AM
But is anyone else wondering about the way monster died? I mean knives aren't Mafia style. This is leading me to the thought, that one Mafia Family did not kill?

It is also possible that the village doctor quickly patched up the victim shortly after the attack. But we won't know for certain unless the victim comes up.

Nontheless, unless a member of our police steps forward and tells us any leads, it would be of no use to lynch today. We simply don't have enough information.

Sarzael
June 18th, 2011, 07:36 AM
I will kill the mafia, or die triying, as i have dragons in my signature!

McJesus
June 18th, 2011, 07:38 AM
Does anyone have any leads? I suspect the spy

FLaSH
June 18th, 2011, 08:05 AM
so im guessing one mafia family didnt kill, and i dont know who to suspect, cant really do anything yet

Clawtrocity
June 18th, 2011, 09:21 AM
The village idiot is merely that...An idiot. Perhaps the other family is here trying to persuade us to lynch the idiot because they didn't attack on purpose? Hopefully the Gunsmith and the Armorer can provide us with enough protections to last until the evildoer's are no more.

(I'd assume if the other mafia was AFK again Dark would basically be shitting a dick, but since he isn't I can only assume they attacked and were either healed or found the SK who can dodge 1 attack)

Clawtrocity
June 18th, 2011, 09:34 AM
(Since we're not allowed to edit posts we can double post if we forget something I guess)

I forgot to mention that last night I was visited by a Mason, but since the Mason is not dead and I am not a Mason it means I am a valuable town member that the town Doctor should be healing. Not to mention if the Mafia families don't start looking for each other they will be taken down quite quickly.

Rumpel1408
June 18th, 2011, 10:11 AM
OK i did not thought about our Doctor or a attacked Serial Killer... and just realized that a Hooker might have blocked a Mafioso...

However, unless someone comes up as been attacked but healed we wont get anything to know from the missing kill...

And besides Claw could be telling nothing but lies, I'm not sure about showing up as important this early... don't like to show up what could happen because I might bring people on bad ideas...

TheJackofSpades
June 18th, 2011, 10:41 AM
We can assume the other mafia attacked simply because the night ended well before the cutoff, and DR would only do this if everyone had used their roles last night.

We can assume someone was healed, or that the Massinos' hooker has already pegged down the Corleone who was sent to kill last night.

TheJackofSpades
June 18th, 2011, 10:45 AM
Two more things, it's also possible the Massinos hit the Godfather of the Corleones, and also the SK's vest may be gone.

Clawtrocity
June 18th, 2011, 11:03 AM
Either way we should be expecting around 3 kills a day. +/- Gunsmith, Armorer, Doctor, Godfather immunites, role blocks, and accidental recruitments to Mafia for masons or masons for the Cult.

This town is about to get really small really quick. I hope everyone is writing any information they have in their wills and if someone was healed if they could come forward.

Another thing is that maybe last night the mafia sent to do the killing was recruited by the Cult. Then he quickly changed his mind about attacking because he might of been sent to attack the Cult Leader. Now the Mafia have to be worried about their own men because eventually they could turn on each other and the Cult will reign supreme.

So one of the following happened: Godfather was hit, SK was hit, Mafioso was blocked, Mafia target was healed, Cult Leader recruited Mafioso, or the Mafia chose not to attack to throw us off and make us spend all day trying to figure out what happened so they can see who's smart enough to figure it all out so they can kill him...Or you know whatever.

Dark.Revenant
June 18th, 2011, 11:30 AM
Another thing is that maybe last night the mafia sent to do the killing was recruited by the Cult. Then he quickly changed his mind about attacking because he might of been sent to attack the Cult Leader. Now the Mafia have to be worried about their own men because eventually they could turn on each other and the Cult will reign supreme.

You cannot change your mind once the night events have been sent out. This scenario is not possible.

MileS
June 18th, 2011, 12:30 PM
Claw, why claim a power role so early?

Auckmid
June 18th, 2011, 12:44 PM
(Since we're not allowed to edit posts we can double post if we forget something I guess)

I forgot to mention that last night I was visited by a Mason, but since the Mason is not dead and I am not a Mason it means I am a valuable town member that the town Doctor should be healing. Not to mention if the Mafia families don't start looking for each other they will be taken down quite quickly.

So, do masons only convert people on the night they die. If so, and no one CC's Claw, I would recomend giving him a gun

Auckmid
June 18th, 2011, 12:50 PM
1 other thing, r people allowed to right last will???

Dark.Revenant
June 18th, 2011, 01:10 PM
1 other thing, r people allowed to right last will???

It tells you right on your damn role message.

So, do masons only convert people on the night they die. If so, and no one CC's Claw, I would recomend giving him a gun

Again, no. Masons die if they try to convert Mafia or SK though.

Auckmid
June 18th, 2011, 01:18 PM
Oh yeah, it does ;)

Lysergic
June 18th, 2011, 01:41 PM
So Docs / Gunsmith / Armorer on Claw then?

Since a victim has yet to come forward, my bet is on the SK scenario. I guess we'll know tomorrow, since the SK can only dodge an attack once.

MileS
June 18th, 2011, 01:56 PM
While I feel that Claw's claim is kind of shady, unless the Mason contradicts him, then yes, Docs, Gunsmiths, and Armorers should be using their abilities on him tonight.

Sarzael
June 18th, 2011, 02:12 PM
Sorry i didnt hear well, what Clawtrocity claims to be? (I cannot find anywhere where he says is role, but people are saying that he claims to be a power role so...)

Narks
June 18th, 2011, 02:15 PM
so we're lynching spy for being universally hated rite?

Rumpel1408
June 18th, 2011, 02:19 PM
again, i don't want to kill random unless we get real intel...

Lysergic
June 18th, 2011, 02:31 PM

No. Random lynching is for pubs in SC2 mafia.

@Sarzael: Claw claims to have been visited by a Mason. He says he wasn't recruited, and since the Mason didn't die, he must be a town role that can't be recruited. Unless a Mason cares to contradict him, though I dunno if a reveal would be worth it this early. Hence, Claw is a town power role. Hence, docs should protect him.

Rumpel1408
June 18th, 2011, 02:33 PM
I want you to keep in mind that Claw might still be lying...

Procyon
June 18th, 2011, 02:45 PM
I don't think that a Mason revealing this early to confirm Clawtrocity would be a good thing. We can't be sure Clawtrocity telling the truth unless a Mason backs him up, and even then, the "Mason" could be part the Cult or a Mafia.

MileS
June 18th, 2011, 03:13 PM
It's hard to say whether a mason confirming to get Claw is a good idea or not.

Rumpel, do you think Claw is lying?

TheJackofSpades
June 18th, 2011, 03:44 PM
Sorry i didnt hear well, what Clawtrocity claims to be? (I cannot find anywhere where he says is role, but people are saying that he claims to be a power role so...)

He hasn't claimed any role, what he's saying is that the mason tried to recruit him last night, and since the mason isn't dead, that he is not mafia/sk nor a citzen.

Rumpel1408
June 18th, 2011, 03:46 PM
I don't know Him, so I also don't his behavior when he appears to be Mafia, you know some stay silent but some take the offensive way...

But on second thought lying first day seems very risky with all Sherifs alive... but still someone could check him to be sure... and on third thought he still could be GF so that any investigation still might show Town/Citizen...

So Yeah, I really have no Idea about Claw showing up as a "valueable town member"...

MileS
June 18th, 2011, 03:52 PM
To clarify my previous post, it might be a good idea for the Mason to speak up if Claw wasn't recruited at all last night and is lying, but if he is telling the truth, the Mason should stay silent so we don't have two power roles revealed.

CyanBlade
June 18th, 2011, 04:02 PM
it's simple! claw is an atheist! :D
I'm just glad neither the cult leader or the lone mason died first night.

CyanBlade
June 18th, 2011, 04:04 PM
Wait, if he is not mafia, sk, or a townie, then he's a jester.

Elixir
June 18th, 2011, 05:00 PM
I don't know Him, so I also don't his behavior when he appears to be Mafia, you know some stay silent but some take the offensive way...

But on second thought lying first day seems very risky with all Sherifs alive... but still someone could check him to be sure... and on third thought he still could be GF so that any investigation still might show Town/Citizen...

So Yeah, I really have no Idea about Claw showing up as a "valueable town member"...

Indeed. I would hope our stout law officers check the validity of his claim.

Styx
June 18th, 2011, 05:09 PM
Wow the time-zone difference makes me miss out on a lot of discussion :S

To clarify my previous post, it might be a good idea for the Mason to speak up if Claw wasn't recruited at all last night and is lying, but if he is telling the truth, the Mason should stay silent so we don't have two power roles revealed.

This, I'd also be wary as there is an, albeit slim, possibility that Claw is the Cult Leader.

On a similar note it seems unlikely that we'll have nearly enough information to be able to lynch someone today. Although I am curious about one of the Mafia families not killing last night, especially since night ended early which seems to indicate that they did issue a kill and have hit either a GF or SK or the target was healed by a doctor, they also could have been role-blocked. -- That seems to be the extents of the possibilities although what good it will do us is not so clear. If no-one can claim they were healed then we know the Mafia is definitely attacking another Scum.

Narks
June 18th, 2011, 05:13 PM

No. Random lynching is for pubs in SC2 mafia.

clearly this game is equivalent to a pub in sc2 mafia

but this is my theory

spy is a role that is immune at night or has a vest or some shit like that, and thats why he didn't die and thats why there are only two kills

or some faggot healed him, but the odds of that are negative

Auckmid
June 18th, 2011, 05:24 PM

I think Narks is a Jester who is trying to blame people to make himself susspicious and their by getting lynched.

'nother question. If Jester gets lynched, does the game continue, or does the game automatically end in victory for the Jester (Like in EpicMafia)

oops_ur_dead
June 18th, 2011, 05:41 PM
Naw, Narks is just a troll.

Anyway, I seriously question the integrity of Claw's power role claim. Nobody would need to prove that they are a power role unless placed in the hot seat, and especially not this early in the game when all deaths are expected to come from mafia/SK, and with such an un-provable claim. It would be best if Sherrif or Investigator looked into him.

Lysergic
June 18th, 2011, 07:01 PM

I think Narks is a Jester who is trying to blame people to make himself susspicious and their by getting lynched.

'nother question. If Jester gets lynched, does the game continue, or does the game automatically end in victory for the Jester (Like in EpicMafia)

Game continues like SC2 mafia is my guess.

And I agree that Narks is probably Jester, or simply trolling.

Narks, I feel like it's very likely that a doctor would have healed someone that is "universally hated", since that person would obviously get attacked first if he wasn't an evil role.

McJesus
June 18th, 2011, 07:53 PM
I would say that claw should definetly be investigated tonight. I really do think his claim is rather suspicous but everyone has said what I was thinking while being really busy today.

CyanBlade
June 18th, 2011, 08:18 PM
As I said, the only role that is not reqruited and does not kill the mason, is jester, cult leader does kill mason i'm pretty sure.

Clawtrocity
June 18th, 2011, 08:24 PM
Yikes I didn't realize I'd be the talk of the town when I got back.

Basically at the end of the game you'll all be like "Damn that was a smart ass move he made"

Anyway since no one else has been revealing or saying any information I thought I'd give the doctors a person to help out and be a trustworthy person to give guns and armor to. The Mason isn't speaking up because he knows he tried it last night or else he would be talking up and saying to lynch me.

I'm COULD be jester since Jesters aren't citizens(Be turned into Mason) or Mafia/SK (Dead Mason would shot up), but I assure you that I am one of the town roles that's important.

Then again I could of been recruited to the masons as a citizen devised this plan in mason chat with my new buddy and claimed a power role so I can get some vests and guns and draw attacks/blocks from Mafia/SK. Wouldn't that be something?

I'm sure the mafia will be sad when they try to kill me off since I apparently am dragging all the attention away from them for the time being.

@Cyan: Town power roles don't get recruited...

CyanBlade
June 18th, 2011, 08:28 PM
Yes they do, all town roles can be recruited, unless dr changed that rule and did not change the rules page, we need clarification on this!

Clawtrocity
June 18th, 2011, 08:51 PM
(Masons can vote to recruit any Citizen, but the mason sent to do the recruiting gets killed if he tries to recruit Mafia, Serial Killer, or Cult Leader. Masons kill any cult members they try to recruit, though this does not apply to the Cult Leader himself. If attempting to recruit the Cult Leader, the Mason sent to do the recruiting gets found out by the Cult Leader.)

Lysergic
June 18th, 2011, 09:06 PM
Then again I could of been recruited to the masons as a citizen devised this plan in mason chat with my new buddy and claimed a power role so I can get some vests and guns and draw attacks/blocks from Mafia/SK. Wouldn't that be something?

It would be, given that you wouldn't have found out you'd been recruited until DAY, and Masons chat at NIGHT.

FalseTruth
June 18th, 2011, 09:14 PM
Naw, Narks is just a troll.

Anyway, I seriously question the integrity of Claw's power role claim. Nobody would need to prove that they are a power role unless placed in the hot seat, and especially not this early in the game when all deaths are expected to come from mafia/SK, and with such an un-provable claim. It would be best if Sherrif or Investigator looked into him.

I read the above quote with deliberation, pondering the insightful perspective it provides.

The fact is that Claw claimed Mason. Now we need to verify that his claim is true.

Why you ask?

Let us consider the scenario in which we do not verify his role:
Claw laid out his reasons for why he is a mason in a convincing fashion and we take his word for it. Therefore, a doc heal goes to Claw along with the potential for him to shoot someone. The mafia groups know Claw is being buffed disproportionately and therefore avoid him for the time being. Claw may decide to shoot someone who may or may not be a town member. The game continues on.

The fact remains: Claw can be a cult member, a mafia member, or a mason. Without confirmation, we cannot know for certain. We will go on healing him while mafia runs around shooting other town members because they know where the doc is more town members die, and we lose the game.

I propose doc heals whoever he deems most trustworthy instead of 100% devoting his time to saving Claw. Along with this, the armorer can give a vest to Claw so that he may defend himself for the turn. JUST IN CASE.

Citizens of Delia, I beg of you, do not trust all that you hear.

Clawtrocity
June 18th, 2011, 09:51 PM
No, That's the thing. The doctor can't trust anyone else...I'm also NOT a mason. I'm an IMPORTANT TOWN ROLE. If the doctor isn't on me then I will die tonight. I can't use the vest until the next night.

I mean at this point I'm 100% dead. Everyone is making the doctor not believe in me and Mafia probably will take their chances and attack me even if I get healed. So this will probably be my last message to the town.

I apologize for trying to give the other town roles a person to trust since the Mason-Recruit thing meant I was clean. Mason recruiting is pretty much the best method of detection in the game. If a Mason dies then that person is bad if they live then that person shouldn't be lynched and should be helped. Investigators are 50/50 and sheriffs can only tell Mafia.

I didn't really think this through I guess, but at least I gave it a try. I became the number 1 suspect pretty quickly and drew attention from Mafia. That's a horrible thing to do as a town role, but I didn't think it was a big deal.

I WANT THE REST OF THE TOWN TO KEEP FIGHTING AND NEVER SURRENDER! THIS IS A BATTLE MY BRETHREN AND YOU MUSTN'T GIVE UP! WE'VE OVERCOME GREATER FOES THAN THOSE WE'RE FACING NOW! WE WILL STRIKE DOWN THESE ENEMIES WITH GREAT ANGER AND FURIOUS RAGE! OUR TIME HAS COME! AHHHHHHHHHH!

(I better die after this)

FalseTruth
June 18th, 2011, 10:39 PM

Alright, I misread your post and thought u claimed mason.

Now, here is my suggestion for tonight.

Doc heal the "valuable town role" that is Claw. No one else (armorer gunsmith) target Claw until we get more info tommorow on if he is town or not.

Can we all agree on this?

CyanBlade
June 18th, 2011, 11:02 PM
so the msons can only recruit citizens, two of witch are dead, when the cultists can recruit anyone, including power roles? I think the masons are boned.

Rumpel1408
June 18th, 2011, 11:07 PM
The Masons got the Town behind them :)

MileS
June 18th, 2011, 11:08 PM
Claw just seems suspicious to me, but with no mason contradicting him it behooves us to take his claim at face value, unless investigations say otherwise.

Raiden
June 18th, 2011, 11:10 PM
Asking to check someone in particular is also fail tactic, as framer is still alive. Just to remind you.

MileS
June 18th, 2011, 11:11 PM
Good point, I forgot.

Raiden
June 18th, 2011, 11:26 PM

Doc heal the "valuable town role" that is Claw. No one else (armorer gunsmith) target Claw until we get more info tommorow on if he is town or not.

What happens if one is attacked by 2+ killers at night? Do SC2 rules apply? If so, i guess he's doomed anyway...

Lysergic
June 18th, 2011, 11:27 PM
I suggest that a doctor heals Claw and the Armorer gives him armor (so that the Doc doesn't have to CONTINUE healing him tomorrow).

Investigators/sheriffs, do what you will; Claw will almost certainly be framed now.

FalseTruth
June 18th, 2011, 11:40 PM

What happens if one is attacked by 2+ killers at night? Do SC2 rules apply? If so, i guess he's doomed anyway...

Ya hes basically boned if that happens. Don't worry, it's not going to happen.

I suggest that a doctor heals Claw and the Armorer gives him armor (so that the Doc doesn't have to CONTINUE healing him tomorrow).

Investigators/sheriffs, do what you will; Claw will almost certainly be framed now.

Or the armorer could not give the vest to claw and just say that he did!

Circular logic ftw!

TheJackofSpades
June 19th, 2011, 12:16 AM
Best wrap up closing thoughts soon folks, first day supposedly ended an hour ago so expect it to end soon

Dark.Revenant
June 19th, 2011, 12:19 AM
No lynch.

DAY END.