PDA

View Full Version : Role Idea: Suicide Bomber (Bomb)

Villedge
June 17th, 2011, 11:38 AM
I realize that the name Suicide Bomber can be controversial. Because of this, I've also listed other alternative names and descriptions. To be clear, I'm not suggesting implementing all three of these roles, only one of them. The Suicide Bomber and Bomb would be neutral, while the Martyr would be town-aligned.

These roles are based on the Bomb, found here: http://wiki.epicmafia.com/index.php?title=Bomb

Role: Suicide Bomber/Bomb/Martyr

Alignment: Neutral/Basic (If Suicide Bomber or Bomb)
Town/Advanced (If Martyr)

Description for Suicide Bomber: You're only goal in life is to take another person's life along with your own.
Description for Bomb: You are a bomb. You're only purpose is to explode and kill someone else.
Description for Martyr: You are a selfless person, willingly giving up your own life in order to take your killer to the grave as well.

Goal: Explode and kill someone who attacks you. (If Suicide Bomber or Bomb)
Lynch every Mafia member/evildoer. (If Martyr)

Ability: No active ability. If killed during the night, the killer will die as well. This ignores invulnerability (such as Godfather and Serial Killer). If lynched, the role does not explode. If a Suicide Bomber or Bomb is investigated by a Sheriff, Investigator, or Concierge, their role will be revealed. A Martyr shows up as not suspicious.

What's the point?: The Suicide Bomber/Bomb would be similar to the Jester. Whereas the Jester's goal is to be lynched, the Suicide Bomber/Bomb's goal would be getting killed at night. If someone were to kill this role, they would die as well that same night. The Martyr, on the other hand, is more like a Bodyguard. His primary goal is to survive and see the town win, but if he is attacked he kills his attacker as well. These roles would make killing roles such as vigilantes, serial killers, arsonists, and mafia members more careful of who they kill.

I hope you guys like this idea for a role. Feel free to message/play with me in-game. I play on the NA servers and my name is Villedge.

FLaSH
June 17th, 2011, 12:05 PM
the idea for the bomber and bomb is good, but Martyr is almost the exact same thing as bodygaurd

wightsnow
June 17th, 2011, 12:07 PM
Martyr is almost the exact same thing as bodygaurd

Actually, it's a one time veteran. Big difference since he can't protect a player.

Remove survive from the goals. I'm sure you don't actually think this role is required to live to win.

Lumber The Jack
June 17th, 2011, 12:18 PM
I dont really dont like suicidal role :P it only shorten the game lenght
and most of the time its kill a mafia , yes sometime bodyguard kill jailor or vigilante but its rare. :-\

I think bodyguard is already in the game for that.