PDA

View Full Version : Relgious Wars

CyanBlade
June 16th, 2011, 12:48 PM
I'm Thinking of a new variant, the religious wars.
Basicly, the way it works out. All town roles exept Mason And mason leader are now nuetral. masons are the only town, and mafia are removed compleatly, replaced by cultists. The way it works out, Being recruited doesn't change your role, only ads you to the recruiter's team, the goal is to recruit as many nuetrals as possible and ad them to your side to over power the other side. the game ends if either side is wiped out compleatly. everyone still alive and those recruited by the winning side who have died, win. If you are nuetral, you don't know your role untill recruited, so you can't tell the sides "Oh, I'm a good role! come recruit me!"
Nuetrals are mostly citizens, but there are some good roles. The roles are Vigil/Paladin, investigator/inquisitor (can only find out if target has been recruited) and a bunch of other roles. sherrifs are removed since they'd just be the same as invest. Mabey the special roles can have different powers based on witch side they are, like paladins can heal if mason, and do something divinely evil if cultist. also mabey there are hostile neutral roles (SK). Let me know what you guys think!

Lumber The Jack
June 17th, 2011, 04:15 AM
Its A Good Idea Indeed. But Its Complety A New Game. :P

Styx
June 17th, 2011, 06:03 AM
How does lynching work when the neutrals have no reason to lynch anyone?

The idea is decent in a broader scheme but the details sort of cripple it. Not to mention with the introduction of the cult this will (mostly) be possible within the normal game mechanics.