PDA

View Full Version : Change to Disguiser Mechanics

The_Animus
June 15th, 2011, 06:33 PM
If a disguiser uses his ability at night but is also targeted by SK, the disguiser dies and nothing happens to the person they targeted.

I think it should be changed so that the disguiser kills and replaces their target, and during the day it shows the original name of the disguiser as killed by the SK with the killed persons role being displayed.

Dark.Revenant
June 15th, 2011, 07:01 PM
It's for balancing reasons as well as coding efficiency that it is the way it is. Aside from being a royal pain to fix, it would also make the Disguiser that much more powerful. Already he gives the Mafia 2 kills on the same night which is a huge advantage in the late-game.

The_Animus
June 15th, 2011, 10:07 PM
I can understand that, but Disguiser is easily identified, and as such doesn't generally make it to late game unless he uses his ability by at least mid game.

Meanwhile sk gets to kill every night, whereas disguiser gets only 1 thing to do during the entire game and its ruined by being killed off. Granted he is part of a team, but still its the only thing he gets to do, aside from general chatting.

You're the boss though, so if you think otherwise then that's cool with me.

Lysergic
June 15th, 2011, 11:12 PM
I can understand that, but Disguiser is easily identified, and as such doesn't generally make it to late game unless he uses his ability by at least mid game.

Meanwhile sk gets to kill every night, whereas disguiser gets only 1 thing to do during the entire game and its ruined by being killed off. Granted he is part of a team, but still its the only thing he gets to do, aside from general chatting.

You're the boss though, so if you think otherwise then that's cool with me.

Don't forget that in a game with 1 doctor, if a sheriff reveals (and is thus being healed by the only doctor), the Disguiser can provide an EXTRA kill for the Mafia, thus ensuring that the sheriff will die despite the heal (and disg will replace the sheriff through heal, if I'm not mistaken - so doc will end up verifying sheriff is legit without realizing he's the disg). This is pretty damn powerful if you ask me.

wightsnow
June 17th, 2011, 10:00 AM
disg will replace the sheriff through heal, if I'm not mistaken
That is correct.

Lumber The Jack
June 17th, 2011, 11:16 AM
Lysergic is right. With disguiser around? he can only sucide himself to take out sheriff from play!!!

OR take out 2 person 1 night!! :o

I Already Like Disguiser Like He Is. ;D