PDA

View Full Version : Role Idea: Cult Leader

Playmaker
June 15th, 2011, 10:01 AM
Adv. Neutral (Leader of men)

A charismatic (albeit crazed) person, the cult leader is devoted to converting the worthy and purging everyone else.

Ability: Twice per game, the cult leader "converts" a person during the night. This person retains their old identity and powers, but their victory condition changes to match the cult leader's and enter a night chat with the cultists. Other leaders (Mayors, Mason Leaders and Godfathers) cannot be converted and are informed that the attempt was made.

Victory: Cultists are the last players standing at the end of the game (except for the Witch and the Survivor).

Thoughts: if people find this intriguing, most of the balancing work would be determining the extent and limits of the night ability, or the options thereof. I think it might be a little powerful as-is, so options I can think of include: disabling converted persons' abilities (so victory can only be achieved by vote majority) and/or changing the number of conversions available to 1-2 (to adjust for different power settings). Night chat for cultists may be optionally disabled.

I think it would also work well in conjunction with oops_ur_dead's Occultist, as long as one or the other was renamed; they could share a separate investigative identifier, such as "this person's home is filled with books."

CyanBlade
June 15th, 2011, 10:11 AM
this is already planned and is the next role to be added.

Playmaker
June 15th, 2011, 10:27 AM
this is already planned and is the next role to be added.

Really? I had no clue. Glad to hear it.

Krismighty
June 15th, 2011, 11:51 AM
Ive never liked Cultists because its like a neutral version copy of Masons.

Deolrin
June 15th, 2011, 12:10 PM
Except that they have a Leader who recruits ANY role and their victory condition is to kill everyone but their own kin.

Lumber The Jack
June 17th, 2011, 10:58 AM
I like your idea man keep it up :) !