PDA

View Full Version : New Role: Masochist

Ancanus
June 14th, 2011, 01:14 PM
A poor misunderstood fellow. Wins by being assassinated during the night.

Zack
June 15th, 2011, 05:30 AM
Revised: Will survive all attacks but give no message at all to the attacker, will make a sound of pleasure when attacked instead of a scream of pain.

Win condition: Be attacked at night 3 times during the game, will win even if lynched so long as he was attacked 3 times. Loses if he wasn't attacked enough.

Lumber The Jack
June 17th, 2011, 04:49 AM
Seriously I never seen someone been attacked 3 night in a game and survive ???

Unless he is invuln? but in that case mafia will think he is arsonist/serial killer/survivor and will try to lynch him.

Even if they attack him once? they will see he is invuln and never attack him again.

Meaby switch is goal to survive 2 attack sound more balanced. *Zack*

But Really I Prefer The Basic Idea By Ancanus*.

Computer
June 17th, 2011, 07:23 AM
usually if your attacked and survive, they might assume your gf/sk and accuse you of it and get you hanged.

Zack
June 18th, 2011, 02:13 AM
When someone has immunity and you attack them you get "Your target is immune tonight!" or something like that displayed, thats why I said a message won't be displayed to the attacker - in which case they'l think he was either switched by a bus or healed by a doctor - and they will attack him again in the future.

Think about how he can achieve this, someone says "thanks for healing me doc", then masochist goes "no problem mate!". At night both mafia and sk attack the crap out of him, but he survives and bam - 2 attacks in the bag, only 1 more to go.

Inca_Killa
June 18th, 2011, 05:58 AM
I think 2 is more fair, 3 is too much.

Also he should be Neutral.

FalseTruth
June 19th, 2011, 01:17 AM
I agree this sounds a like a good role if the description to the attacker is "your target is immune to you attacks" similar to sk/arson/gf invululnerabilty message. This way sk arson and gf have another out when attacked.

I suggest an additional caveat to this role as well.

The second person to kill the masochist at night dies. Similar to a guilty voter dying for jester. It would serve as a punishment for killing roles.

Together with this change, the role serves as an out for invulnerable roles as well as a potential threat and a shock absorber for town.

Much more interesting than a survivor imo.

Zack
June 19th, 2011, 01:41 AM
No the Masochist isn't immune to attacks like GF or Survivor vest, think of the masochist as a self-healing doctor - there is no "immune" message displayed to the attacker.

Well, maybe it can be an optional checkbox, "Display immunity message". In this regard Masochist can only be killed by Arsonist if the Arso ignores heals, its not a regular immunity.

Thats what I think it should be anyway...

Inca_Killa
June 19th, 2011, 07:35 AM
I like this role, killing on last immune is good.