PDA

View Full Version : Cop Insanity S-FM [a Freaking Cop dieded]

Dust
March 6th, 2012, 06:44 PM
ajkei died
Role was cop. If you didn't know that then you are retarded and need to get out of my game. If you don't remember, I won't tell you how crazy or sane this poor bastard was.

You need 3 votes to lynch. Choose wisely, you fools.

Day will end in 24 hours regardless of the lynch situation. I'm not on this forum 24/7 and neither are you.

Let the madness commence.

PMs have not been sent out. Just wait. I will post when they have been.

Dust
March 6th, 2012, 06:47 PM
PMs have been sent

McJesus
March 6th, 2012, 06:52 PM
If we mislynch one cop we lose so this is how this game is going to be played:

1) everyone votes to skip day
2) no one reveals their investigation results until tomorrow (makes it harder for mafioso to lie)
3) everyone puts their night 1 investigation results in their last will
4) tomorrow we have 7 investigation results to go off 4 real, 2 fake, and 1 from beyond the grave.

-vote skip day

Sumikoko
March 6th, 2012, 07:09 PM
Sounds good to me. This way, perhaps we can even attempt to figure out what our own cop status is. I know I have one crossed off my list already.

-vote skip day

Luna
March 7th, 2012, 03:37 AM
Is there any way we can attempt to co-ordinate our investigations so no one gets missed out, or do we pile multiple checks onto a single person?

McJesus
March 7th, 2012, 06:30 AM
Is there any way we can attempt to co-ordinate our investigations so no one gets missed out, or do we pile multiple checks onto a single person?

Multiple investigations on a single person aren't as bad as they sound. It gives us a better sense of what kind of cop we are. Plus if we coordinate there is more the mafioso can do to lie about the situation.

Luna
March 7th, 2012, 06:33 AM
Yeah it would be more enlightening to have everyone check the same person, to figure out our own roles, but it might be difficult if one of us doesn't get checked at all.

This is a weird game :)

My last will with my results has been submitted.

McJesus
March 7th, 2012, 03:03 PM
where is rocshi? If he doesn't post he should be replaced with someone else

Luna
March 7th, 2012, 03:10 PM
I didn't want to vote skip day until we'd had at least one person from everyone.

For what it's worth, I believe the investigation result I got last night. We'll have to see what kind of cop I am, but I have a suspicion that I'm the normal cop.

It's kind've annoying that two of the cops are basically just citizens. In a larger setup a naive or paranoid cop has a larger impact, because he won't know if there's a frame at work or whether he's been getting lucky/unlucky. An insane or normal cop could get two of the same results on two different people, but it's unlikely to happen (and the dead bodies in the graveyard might be able to help with it anyway, if the insane cop gets a suspicious result on a dead cop).

McJesus
March 7th, 2012, 03:48 PM
I would prefer the setup be two normal cops and two paranoid cops but it is a good setup regardless.

Luna
March 7th, 2012, 04:00 PM
Yeah, the sane cop may get two innocent results and wonder whether or not he is the naive cop.

Dust
March 7th, 2012, 07:08 PM
Time to sleep. As soon as I get your actions day can start.

BTW Rocshi is a lurkerfag

Dust
March 8th, 2012, 05:51 AM
DAY 2

Rocshi died.
He was a cop.
His last will:

Ajkei was guilty. That means I am either Paranoid Cop or Insane Cop.

Have a nice day. Day ended 6 minutes before I came home lololol.

The game ends in 24 hours. Yup, that's right. This is the last day.

2 votes are needed to lynch. If a cop is lynched or no one is lynched then the mafioso wins.

PMs are still not out yet. I will post when they are out.

Dust
March 8th, 2012, 05:58 AM
PMs have been sent

McJesus
March 8th, 2012, 06:11 AM
Well I'm useless... yay! I claim Naieve Cop because I got innocent results on Sumikoko and Luna. With Rocshi's lack of results this should be fun. I will say that if I thought about how to play this as a mafioso and I would have posted fake results day 1 and not given the town a strategy to win. This should be fun though, no one should vote until we get the real and fake investigations but this is still pretty much a crap shoot.

Luna
March 8th, 2012, 07:34 AM
Okay I think this is interesting.

I checked Sumi and you, McPwnage, and you both came up as suspicious.

I must be the Paranoid Cop, since one of you is obviously the mafioso and the other is obviously innocent.

I'm guessing Rocshi was the Insane Cop, then.

This is gonna come down to a bit of luck, then, because all Sumi has to do is claim Sane Cop and lynch one of us.

I believe your claim for the moment, McPwnage. I don't want to vote Sumi up yet though, because she's had a tough time being lynched a lot recently!

McJesus
March 8th, 2012, 08:20 AM
Well this is interesting, my plan has failed me. Looking back I should have waited for others to see what others wanted to do so I had scumtells instead of just investigations. The only thing I have to go on is Luna saying that we should coordinate investigations so why don't you comment on your thought process behind that comment?

Luna
March 8th, 2012, 08:38 AM
I was wondering about the spread of investigations. Imagine if, instead of investigating me and Sumi, you'd investigated akjei and Rocshi - you couldn't be sure if you were the naive cop or the sane cop. As it is we know for sure which cops we are because, thankfully, we both investigated the remaining living players. It was only a half-hearted suggestion anyway, I was just trying to create some discussion and didn't even hint that we should reveal our results.

I'd also think that the mafioso would want to be the last to share their results in this situation. It's the safe approach, and Sumi has only spoken once in this thread.

So to recap:

McPwnage claims Naive Cop - Not Suspicious results on Luna and Sumikoko
Luna claims Paranoid Cop - Suspicious results on Sumikoko and McPwnage
Rocshi claims Paranoid/Insane Cop - Suspicious result on akjei (I believe him to be the Insane Cop)

Which leaves us (from my point of view) with akjei being the Sane Cop and Sumikoko being the Mafioso.

What is likely to happen:

Sumikoko comes on, claims Sane Cop, tries to get me lynched because Rocshi could have been the Paranoid Cop and I'm lying.

Luna
March 8th, 2012, 08:40 AM
But then under that logic, Sumi could be the Insane Cop, and unable to trust her own results anyway.

I'm going to go with my gut instinct and say that Sumi is the Mafioso, I'd really like to hear her results and targets.

So, McPwnage, what was the thought process behind your target selection? Might as well ask that question.

McJesus
March 8th, 2012, 10:22 AM
Simple Sumi night 1 was based on wanting to know what she was then I had a choice to check luna vs rocshi. I thought I was the most likely to die given I came up with the plan in the first place and Rocshi since he is a lurker or could be mafioso would be the least likely to die meaning you or sumi were more likely to die than Rocshi. If I got a Suspicous result on a dead person then I would know 100% sumi was mafia game, set, and match which I was hoping for.

McJesus
March 8th, 2012, 10:28 AM
I would think mafioso would speak last but I know sumi's schedule and she is at school right now. So what was your thought process in investigating me and sumi?

Luna
March 8th, 2012, 10:31 AM
Well I'm always suspicious of Sumi, and I thought that I'd have an easier time reading a result off of you based on the fact that you've been talking. I expected to die last night, actually, I'm surprised that Rocshi died.

McJesus
March 8th, 2012, 10:45 AM
The only rational I can think of for killing Rocshi is personal preference since him being a lurker would make it easier for the mafioso to win. So tell me what are the advantages to killing Rocshi? What are the advantages to killing me? or sumi? (for sumi me? or luna?)

Luna
March 8th, 2012, 11:50 AM
I think I'm going to cast my vote now, been waiting all day.

The way I see it; if you're mafia, you'll immediately jump on and vote with me to win the game.

If you're not mafia, you probably won't. At this stage I'm not sure there's much Sumi can say to change my mind. Your claim was convincing. She can either counter-claim us (but in order to do so she'd have had to investigate both of us or both akjei and Rocshi), claim Insane Cop (which counter-claims me with Rocshi's last will, so I know that's a lie) or claim that she happened to investigate a dead person and one of us, and she turned out to be the Sane Cop.

You have nothing to play for when I cast my vote if you're the Mafia, you can hop on and win immediately, no need to WIFOM anything and wait. Let's see how this goes.

-vote Sumikoko

Luna
March 8th, 2012, 11:55 AM
I think the Mafioso would be more willing to claim Sane Cop or Insane Cop so that their results actually mattered and they could direct the lynch. I don't think a Mafioso would claim Naive Cop, having come to that conclusion via investigating the two living players. If anything, the Mafioso would have at least said 'Well I got an innocent result on (a dead player) and an innocent result on (a living player) so either I'm the Sane Cop who cleared someone or I'm useless'.

Luna
March 8th, 2012, 12:23 PM
Hmm I was just wondering whether voting first was a pro-Town thing to do or not. I realised it kinda is, since it's a bad mafioso strategy - I am basically clearing you, McPwnage, if you don't immediately vote for Sumi.

Sumikoko
March 8th, 2012, 03:43 PM
I think I'm going to cast my vote now, been waiting all day.

The way I see it; if you're mafia, you'll immediately jump on and vote with me to win the game.

If you're not mafia, you probably won't. At this stage I'm not sure there's much Sumi can say to change my mind. Your claim was convincing. She can either counter-claim us (but in order to do so she'd have had to investigate both of us or both akjei and Rocshi), claim Insane Cop (which counter-claims me with Rocshi's last will, so I know that's a lie) or claim that she happened to investigate a dead person and one of us, and she turned out to be the Sane Cop.

You have nothing to play for when I cast my vote if you're the Mafia, you can hop on and win immediately, no need to WIFOM anything and wait. Let's see how this goes.

-vote Sumikoko

Whoa, whoa, I was nearly about to flip out again if I had found myself lynched again as town by the time I got back from school.

Luna, I really like how you've set up this neat little noose for me that attempts to force me into a corner despite being town. The advantage of being Mafia isn't even in being the last person to speak. It's being the second to the last person to speak, and creating a situation where the last town member to claim is forced into a position where nothing they say is credible. Unfortunately, there were several holes in your prediction.

My night results are as follows:
N1 - I investigated McPwnage, who came up as suspicious, so I eliminated Naive Cop from my list of possibles
N2 - I investigated Rocshi, because I expected a decent Mafia member to kill me, McPwnage, or Luna, depending on who was Mafia. It ensured that I would have results on someone who was alive. Well... Catch was, he didn't make the night apparently. His result came back as, surprise, suspicious.

My results, ironically despite being 2 nights' worth, cannot confirm whether I am suspicious cop or insane cop. It does, however, confirm that Luna is the mafioso for me, based on what she has claimed and said. All you had to do was wait for McPwnage to claim, and then claim a role that would attempt to snare me. Seeing as Rocshi came back as suspicious or insane, all you had to do was attach one of them to him, claim the other one, push sane cop on akjei, and then I would essentially be "out of a role." You then commenced to list all the possible situations and things I could say, and then casted your vote early in hopes that McPwnage would trust what you said. Or if that didn't work out, wait until I come back so when I finally said it truthfully, you'd say "Ah ha! Gotcha! Knew you would say that!" and then lynch me and win.

A nice plan, but not foolproof, unfortunately. In attempting to frame me as definite Mafia, you left out several other possibilities, including the actual one that I could have been insane/suspicious and not investigated the living members, thus, leaving me with inconclusive results. You stated that I would most likely counterclaim you earlier, and then hurriedly stated in all other posts that I would counterclaim either one of you. A nice catch. But why would you say that initially? Because you're the one creating the situation framing me, pulling credibility away from me onto you.

I'm tempted to just cast my vote, but I shall wait until McPwnage comes on to reassess all this information.

Luna
March 8th, 2012, 03:52 PM
I'm glad I voted for the correct person :)

Sumikoko
March 8th, 2012, 04:04 PM
Contrarily, you picked the wrong person to frame, Luna. Heh. Let us see what McPwnage says, shall we?

Luna
March 8th, 2012, 04:06 PM
I think, indeed, you picked the wrong person. I'm much more gullible than McPwnage is, and willing to cast my vote more readily.

This is the showdown, chica y chica.

McJesus
March 8th, 2012, 07:26 PM
So if I understand I am pretty much the deicder here? Interesting. I have decided that I will have you guys answer a few questions and then vote after I have heard the answers from each of you (if there is enough time for that, I think luna might be sleeping and day is over soon).

1) Why did you choose your investigation targets?
2) How do you know I am not the mafioso and I'm not just stalling this game out for the lulz?
3) What about their posts makes sumi/luna mafia (besides the obvious I AM NOT MAFIA SO SHE MUST BE!)
4) How would you have played this game had I never given my strategy?

McJesus
March 8th, 2012, 07:28 PM
Ok so I am going to assume day ends 10:00am tomorrow so hopefully one of you checks the thread and answers my questions. My vote will be the last thing I do before I go to bed.

McJesus
March 8th, 2012, 08:36 PM
oh 5) why do you think the three of us survived over rocshi and ajecki (sp?)?

Sumikoko
March 8th, 2012, 09:15 PM
1) Why did you choose your investigation targets?
2) How do you know I am not the mafioso and I'm not just stalling this game out for the lulz?
3) What about their posts makes sumi/luna mafia (besides the obvious I AM NOT MAFIA SO SHE MUST BE!)
4) How would you have played this game had I never given my strategy?

1. As stated previously, I checked you on Night 1, literally randomorg-ed it, since it IS Night 1 after all. Night 2, since Rocshi didn't post anything, my suspicions were on him, and if he weren't the Mafia, then the actual Mafioso, I thought, would kill me, Luna, or you. If I didn't survive the night, then oh well. But if I had, I wanted to make sure I had an investigative result on someone alive to hopefully be of some use, and thus investigated Rocshi, whom the Mafioso was likely to leave alive.

2. I know you're not the Mafioso simply because it is me, Luna, and Rocshi trying to claim from the suspicious/insane cop pool. There are only 2 roles that would fit us. There are three people claiming. Thus, one of us has to be telling the lie, Rocshi excluded (unless he's trolling us lol...) Regardless of what kind of cop you are, and heck, you could even be the sane cop claiming naive in an attempt to see what the two of us would claim and trap one of us, you can't be the Mafioso. Unless of course, it was Luna actually faking her initial results, but since she hasn't said anything, I'm assuming this is not the case.

3. There are a few defining features of Luna's claim that makes it highly suspicious. One, she claimed before I did, and created a situation where she expects me to follow one of the situations outlined by her, just so when I claim my true results which would coincide with hers, she would say that she knew I was going to say that and say she expected the Mafia to say that. Except the hole to this plan was, she didn't outline all the possibilities, and when in reality, I came up with an unexpected result, she couldn't say anything about it. The fact that she left out my other possible results is scummy.

Two, she casted her vote before I even came on. She says that's pro-town. Why would voting early be pro-town? If by some off chance you were Mafia, then she has just lost town the game. Instead, being Mafia, when she casted her vote early and tried to sway you by saying that she trusts your results, she is essentially trying to lynch me quickly before something goes awry and she can't snag the win. Except you didn't vote early, good for you, and this plan of hers failed as well.

Three, finally, was her slip at the beginning. If you notice on her second post today, she expected me to counterclaim her? Why her? How would she have any idea whom I would counterclaim assuming I were the Mafia? Because I'm not the Mafia, and she's the one trying to create a situation where I'm most likely going to counterclaim her anyway, being town. Notice she caught herself in all later posts and said "either you or me," when she realized it was a giveaway that town couldn't possibly predict whom the "Mafia" would counterclaim.

4. I would have also pushed for all the cops to investigated the same person because it'll become very apparent who's who. Except instead of waiting to claim all the results at the end, I probably would have vied for everyone to claim results every day. That way, the Mafia is forced into a position into claiming fake results on Day 2, which severely limits the things he can claim on Day 3. But it's whatever.

5. I have no idea why Luna would kill Rocshi. I certainly can't come up with any rationale for this.

In any case, I'll go ahead and cast my vote, since it's pretty apparent Luna and I are head to head. The decision is yours, McPwnage.

-vote Luna

McJesus
March 8th, 2012, 10:22 PM
very interesting, sumi does make a lot of good points... I will vote after I hear from Luna. Thought of a question 6!

How would you play this game if you were the mafioso?

Very wifom filled question indeed

Sumikoko
March 8th, 2012, 11:16 PM
6. Lol I'm pretty sure Luna will probably say along the same lines as I do, but I would kill you and Luna off first simply because having to deal with you two at once wouldn't have been very pleasant. The mafia always tends to kill off the most experienced players first so s/he won't have to deal with them. (I'm not putting down your playing abilities or anything, Rocshi and ajkei, but in terms of time spent on this forum, I'd say Luna and McPwnage has you beat by quite a bit.) The irony is, I would have thought Luna would have done the same thing, killing me and you. Or even if you were the Mafia, I'd daresay you'd kill Luna and me. Why ajkei and Rocshi were the first ones to fall completely eludes me. Random.org-ed it both times? Lol.

As for specific roles I'd claim, that would have to depend on the results. I don't believe there's a uniform way to play Mafioso in this game. It'd all have to depend on what the town said.

I'm unlikely to come on again before you hammer, McPwnage. So I will see you on the winning screen. :) Ciao.

McJesus
March 9th, 2012, 05:32 AM
So 23 hours into the day I don't have time to wait for Luna to speak. I am going to have to -vote luna and end the game

reasons for luna:
-Luna was too trusting I wasn't the mafioso and the only way she could have known that is if she is a mafioso herself. I would have trusted Luna more if she would have trusted me less because the way I played this game would actually be the same regardless of role which is to dictate the rules, get the trust of the two remaining town members and then let them fight with each other.
-Luna tried to discredit any proof Sumi might have found with her investigations by predicting her actions as a mafioso. I view this as Luna covering her ass in case Sumi actually managed to find evidence on Luna being suspicous.
-Sumi hasn't played sc2mafia. Me and Luna have so we know how this situation is going to work out. Generally two people accuse each other and then the third one has to decide. I am the third one and I think either Luna or Sumi positioned it so that the people who didn't know them very well were out of the picture. Problem is I ended up being the established townie and I think you are both pretty cool lol.
-I random.orgd it and it said to lynch Luna. Was leaning towards it but that was the nail in the coffin

hopefully Luna the mafioso but if she isn't I won't feel too bad because it was 50/50 and at least I got to decide.

Luna
March 9th, 2012, 05:48 AM
Please don't be swayed by Sumi's eloquent bullshit theories.

1. As I said, I like to have Sumi checked in every game, it was as good a target as any. Night 2 I suspected that you may be dead, but most importantly, I wanted some kind of result on you which I could refer to because it was clear you were as active as me.

2. Right now I know you are the Naive Cop because the role claims/results don't match up with me, Sumi and Rocshi. However I cast my vote and made my predictions before Sumi came on. I was 85% sure you were the Naive Cop, you made the pro-Town strategy and then role-claimed first and stayed active. This is a game where the Mafia needs to be reactive and not pro-active. I also believe you were online and viewing the thread after I cast my vote and held off, I don't think even a trolling Mafia would be able to resist it.

3. Her attack on me is opportunistic and badly thought out, she is trying to capitalise on 'scum-tells' which aren't there or are pro-Town moves in this unique setup. She waits a very, very long time to say anything, and then comes out with a big long post which attempts to cover her tracks on all fronts. I'm going to quote some of her answer to this question:

There are a few defining features of Luna's claim that makes it highly suspicious. One, she claimed before I did, and created a situation where she expects me to follow one of the situations outlined by her, just so when I claim my true results which would coincide with hers, she would say that she knew I was going to say that and say she expected the Mafia to say that. Except the hole to this plan was, she didn't outline all the possibilities, and when in reality, I came up with an unexpected result, she couldn't say anything about it. The fact that she left out my other possible results is scummy.

She is using the old scum attack of 'Someone didn't list all the possible scenarios in enough depth, so they must be scum because they're trying to manipulate you, or they don't know enough about the role to lie properly'. The simple truth is that I made a quick list of possible scenarios which wasn't exhaustive, just a few pertinent things which I was worried about.

Two, she casted her vote before I even came on. She says that's pro-town. Why would voting early be pro-town? If by some off chance you were Mafia, then she has just lost town the game. Instead, being Mafia, when she casted her vote early and tried to sway you by saying that she trusts your results, she is essentially trying to lynch me quickly before something goes awry and she can't snag the win. Except you didn't vote early, good for you, and this plan of hers failed as well.

In this setup, it makes sense to me. I'm pretty damn sure you were Town. If I vote for Sumi, and you don't immediately bandwagon, you're cleared. Why in the hell would a mafioso want to create that kind of heat when they could just hide behind the 'I'll also wait for the other person to come online so I can see what happens' excuse. If I were a mafioso, I had no idea what kind of results Sumi would come up with; she may have claimed she had evidence against you which I could have rolled with. Instead, I would be clearing one cop to the other cop. This play was not the play of a mafioso. She also claims I was trying to sway you into an early vote - at what stage did I say that? I said that if you were Town you wouldn't vote until you heard her side of the story and I could rest easy, I said the last thing I wanted to see was an early hammer.

Three, finally, was her slip at the beginning. If you notice on her second post today, she expected me to counterclaim her? Why her? How would she have any idea whom I would counterclaim assuming I were the Mafia? Because I'm not the Mafia, and she's the one trying to create a situation where I'm most likely going to counterclaim her anyway, being town. Notice she caught herself in all later posts and said "either you or me," when she realized it was a giveaway that town couldn't possibly predict whom the "Mafia" would counterclaim.

Not exactly a slip-up, Sumi... I expected you to counter-claim me because that was the only counter-claim that was really viable - akjei didn't know what type of cop he was, Rocshi could only narrow it down to two roles. I was the one attacking you in my posts, stating that I believed McPwnage's claim. You could have either forced a stalemate (claim you could either be a naive/sane cop with two innocent results on a dead/live person - nothing which would incriminate someone enough for a lynch) or you could have claimed something which we know would have been a hard counter-claim, with Rocshi's last will and my paranoid claim.

5) I think I survived because Sumi knows I say things which can be manipulated to look like scum-tells. I think she believed we were more of a known quantity. I also wouldn't be surprised if Zack encouraged her to kill off Rocshi to make the end-game more active and exciting.

6) I would probably have played how Sumi is now. Notice that her main argument of scumminess against me is that I didn't type out the specific situation she claims to be in? She waited, she collected all the material and results she needed, realised that I was a bigger threat and that you were pretty much cleared, so began concocting a role-claim which would hard-counter me and be supported by this 'evidence' (which is quite clearly improvised, desperately). Also, from the way you've spoken recently, I suspect that you speak to Sumi in private more than you speak to most people, she seems to be using that kind of buddying to create a kind of trust in this game.

Time for you to choose.

Luna
BOLLOCKS SOME OF US WERE SLEEPING

Luna
Goddamnit McPwnage you just lost us the game

Dust
March 9th, 2012, 05:49 AM
Congratulations!

The Mafioso, Sumikoko, has won the game!

Here are the exact roles:

Cop - Ajkei
Naive Cop - McPwnage
Insane Cop - Rocshi
Paranoid Cop - Luna
Mafioso - Sumikoko

Night actions:

Player
Role
Night 1 action
Result
Night 2 action
Result

Ajkei
Cop
Check Luna
died
N/A
N/A

Mcpwnage
Naive Cop
Check Sumikoko
NS
Check Luna
NS

Rocshi
Insane Cop
Check Ajkei
S
Check McPwnage
died

Luna
Paranoid Cop
Check Sumikoko
S
Check McPwnage
S

Sumikoko
Mafioso
Kill Ajkei

Kill Rocshi

If someone wants to host another game with this setup, just do so. I want to play FMXI.

Luna
March 9th, 2012, 05:50 AM
You better feel ashamed :P

Ubernox
March 9th, 2012, 05:52 AM
That was a pretty awesome game. I enjoyed following this. You should do more, Dust.
Well played, Sumi. Hard luck to Luna.

Nick
March 9th, 2012, 05:55 AM
In fact Luna, if I were McPwnage, I would have lynched you immediately for voting Sumikoko before hearing her defense.

Luna
March 9th, 2012, 05:59 AM
I adapt to special setups, it was the least scummy thing to do in my eyes.

McJesus
March 9th, 2012, 05:59 AM
awww luna you posted all that like 23 hours into the day. I literally waited until what I thought was the very last minute and then was like "well looks like Luna isn't going to post" not sure if it would have swayed me though. The main thing was you trusted me too much when I knew that my strategy going in as a mafioso would be exactly the same.

Nick
March 9th, 2012, 06:00 AM
Voting Sumikoko only works if Luna
1) knows that she is Insane or Sane Cop AND
2) investigated McPwnage and Sumikoko OR
3) investigated Roschi/ajkei and Sumikoko

Logically speaking McPwnage has equal chance being a mafioso. Posting sooner or later does not matter AT ALL. Sumikoko might just be the Sane/Naive Cop and McPwnage mafioso.

Luna
March 9th, 2012, 06:06 AM
Voting Sumikoko only works if Luna
1) knows that she is Insane or Sane Cop AND
2) investigated McPwnage and Sumikoko OR
3) investigated Roschi/ajkei and Sumikoko

Logically speaking McPwnage has equal chance being a mafioso. Posting sooner or later does not matter AT ALL. Sumikoko might just be the Sane/Naive Cop and McPwnage mafioso.

The only thing I knew was that I was a Paranoid Cop. I believed McPwnage's claim, I knew that Sumi would shift the suspicion onto me, Mafioso is reactive so I wanted to be pro-active. Thank god you weren't in the game, you would have hammered me without even hearing from Sumi - think outside le box.

@McPwnage

I waited until 2am but heard no response, excuse me for being European and needing a sleep :P Sumi left it very, very late in the day to respond, probably because she knew I'd need to sleep.

McJesus
March 9th, 2012, 06:28 AM
When I was deciding I actually did have my own evidence agaisnt sumi I disregarded in particular her answer to question six or lack there of. I gave her a pass but Sumi said in response to her getting random lynched in that sfm...

[07/03/2012 10:46:55 PM] Sumiko: I've been killed twice in a row now by town's hands lol.
[07/03/2012 10:46:59 PM] Sumiko: Both on N2.
[07/03/2012 10:47:52 PM] Kevin: people think you are scum because you call it how it is
[07/03/2012 10:48:10 PM] Kevin: i agree with you in thought but censor myself a little more to seem townieish
[07/03/2012 10:49:09 PM] Sumiko: Lol I don't see how that's scum behavior though.
[07/03/2012 10:49:16 PM] Sumiko: Scum are the ones who are going to try to hide stuff.
[07/03/2012 10:49:30 PM] Sumiko: That's why your outright speakers are almost never scum.
[07/03/2012 10:49:36 PM] Sumiko: Because they'd never want the attention on them."

I have pretty much used that to peg Sumi's style throughout forum mafia games but now that she is going to read this obviously that will change. I weighed the "scumyness" of Luna's actions over that but maybe should have picked up on the fact that if she had nothing to hide she would have said how the mafioso would play.

Luna
March 9th, 2012, 06:32 AM
Especially since I was the outspoken one who had the attention on them with an early vote xD

Sumiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiii you continue to be the bane of my forum mafia career, I'm still baffled why no one questioned you in FMX as Admiral until the last half of the last day.

Nick
March 9th, 2012, 06:38 AM
I have pretty much used that to peg Sumi's style throughout forum mafia games but now that she is going to read this obviously that will change. I weighed the "scumyness" of Luna's actions over that but maybe should have picked up on the fact that if she had nothing to hide she would have said how the mafioso would play.

Using the same style consistently is better in the long run. Town/scum hunt will fail because there is no subtle difference in style.

By the way, McPwnage. Your townie tone as town or mafia always sound fake to me... And I the only one feeling that?

Ubernox
March 9th, 2012, 06:48 AM
The Lynched One has become the executioner.

Sumikoko
March 9th, 2012, 09:01 AM
Lol, so the truth behind my actions. Night 1 was randomed. Night 2, I decided to kill Rocshi for a more exciting game. I chose between McPwnage and Luna to frame, and mainly I chose Luna because 1. I've gotten her to vote wrongly for McPwnage in another game, lol. 2. It was just easier from the standpoint that Luna had cast her vote early. As for why no one questioned me until later in FMX, I think I was largely ignored at the beginning simply because there were more evidently scummy people. The Masons, at one point, truly believed me as citizen, and buddied with me in day chat, hoping I'd play along with them as if I were their recruit. I faithfully obliged, hiding as the PR. Coupled with Plato's nonsuspicious result on me, led no one to question me. It was probably painfully obvious to you, Luna, because you have night action proof. But just didn't pose a major threat to town, I suppose. Kufufu. Sorry about the wall of text again, I'm using my phone. :p

Phyr
March 9th, 2012, 09:11 AM
My strategy in this game would have gone at little further beyond McPwnage's suggestion.
I would have asked everyone to hide their investigation results in a code. The code of the results of night actions will be posted every following day. When the results are revealed on day 2 after everybody posted his code, everyone explains the results connection to the code and how it can't be anything else. It's like you need to give out results prior to everybody else for everybody. This way the Mafioso can't forge his results to fit the situation and can be caught up in the situation, whereas when claiming last it always goes down to 1:1 or even a 1:1:1 situation.

I as Mafioso would have used probability and the last will of the cop dying night 2 to forge the results which give the most chances to not get exposed simply on results.

McJesus
March 9th, 2012, 10:18 AM
Using the same style consistently is better in the long run. Town/scum hunt will fail because there is no subtle difference in style.

By the way, McPwnage. Your townie tone as town or mafia always sound fake to me... And I the only one feeling that?

could you elaborate on that? I'm curious what exactly you mean

Nick
March 9th, 2012, 10:38 AM
could you elaborate on that? I'm curious what exactly you mean

Seemed reserved. Or maybe carefully thought of before posted? When compared to your usual posts.

Then again, it's not a liability because it is consistent.

Ash
March 9th, 2012, 04:44 PM
that was a fun game! Gg all!