PDA

View Full Version : a different betting method for the Roulette

freecom
June 13th, 2011, 07:03 PM
i was thinking that the bets for the roulette should go in a points pool and the game continues on until only one person survives (the revolver gets loaded again after a death, obviously). to counteract people getting hundreds of points in roulette, i suggest lowering the maximum bet for this method of betting.

Lysergic
June 13th, 2011, 09:06 PM
i was thinking that the bets for the roulette should go in a points pool and the game continues on until only one person survives (the revolver gets loaded again after a death, obviously). to counteract people getting hundreds of points in roulette, i suggest lowering the maximum bet for this method of betting.

What's wrong with people getting hundreds of points in roulette?

Speaking as someone who lost $40 in Vegas today, if you don't want someone to get a bazillion of your points, don't play.

As for the single winner, I believe in Russian Roulette you load a gun with 1 bullet and then pass it around. So... once the bullet is used up... xD

Kinda makes sense for only 1 person to die.

freecom
June 13th, 2011, 09:10 PM
meh, i only made the suggestion because i was at first confused at how points were rewarded in the minigame. i thought everyone's bet went into a pot, hence the suggestion

Zack
June 14th, 2011, 07:26 AM
The points do go into a pot, then the pot is divided among the survivors based on how many points they bet compared to the others.

By the way, why is it that once you lose a roulette game you can't play another? Is it to prevent people from losing tons of points in one game? heh, a gambling addiction block? :P

I suggest you change it to a maximum loss thresh-hold, like say 1%-5% of your total points? If you lose that much or more you can't keep playing. I support the protection from too much gambling thing, but a one loss limit is too limited, not many actually want to play roulette so its hard to find playmates in ghostville sometimes.

Lysergic
June 14th, 2011, 04:06 PM
Zack, I believe it's because when you lose Russian Roulette, it's because you put a loaded gun to your head, pulled the trigger, and died.

So unless someone puts wires on your arms and fingers to make you shoot yourself in the head again post-mortem, it'd be pretty tough to lose twice.

xD

freecom
June 14th, 2011, 04:09 PM
@Lysergic: well for one thing it's just a game, and for another thing an in-game message says since we don't have our lives to bet, we use our points... by your logic we shouldn't even be able to play in the first place lol

@Zack: im pretty sure it distributes the loser's points to everyone else participating, not the pot betting method

Lysergic
June 14th, 2011, 04:43 PM
@Lysergic: well for one thing it's just a game, and for another thing an in-game message says since we don't have our lives to bet, we use our points... by your logic we shouldn't even be able to play in the first place lol

I'm saying that it's not Russian Roulette if you can just keep on playing over and over.

Yes, it is a game. A game called Russian Roulette. Hence, once you lose, you can't keep going. That's how Russian Roulette works.

As for the pot thing, Zack is saying that all the points are put into a single pot, and then the pot is split between the winners, with preference to who bet more points.

styx0202
June 14th, 2011, 05:01 PM

Yes, it is a game. A game called Russian Roulette. Hence, once you lose, you can't keep going. That's how Russian Roulette works.

going to invole realism into a game huh? okay, then after you lose russian roulette you can't talk, cause dead man don't talk and all, you got a hole in your head, so perma silence. also your whole screen goes completely dark, you can't see chat or hear sounds.... you see where this is going right? leave the realism out of it, if people want to play mini games over and over and lose their points, they should be allowed to, if Dark agrees to modify roulette that is.

Lysergic
June 14th, 2011, 08:15 PM

going to invole realism into a game huh? okay, then after you lose russian roulette you can't talk, cause dead man don't talk and all, you got a hole in your head, so perma silence. also your whole screen goes completely dark, you can't see chat or hear sounds.... you see where this is going right? leave the realism out of it, if people want to play mini games over and over and lose their points, they should be allowed to, if Dark agrees to modify roulette that is.

Rofl. I just think the system works as-is, and makes since given that the game is called Russian Roulette.

Oh, since we're leaving realism out of it, we should have another mini game called "poker" where you take turns typing "-shit". Every time you type it, there's a 30% chance that you will "implode" and turn into a "black hole" that consumes everyone else, making you win.

I mean, I realize that it's not realistic for poker... but we're leaving realism out of it, so it's okay to call it Poker and have it be completely different from poker.

Yeah.

Zack
June 15th, 2011, 01:20 AM
Oh, yeah its the dead person's points that are split between the survivors, my bad.

lol, you're taking that a bit far Lysergic. There's really no harm in being able to play again, its the player's choice.

Lysergic
June 15th, 2011, 01:36 AM
Oh, yeah its the dead person's points that are split between the survivors, my bad.

lol, you're taking that a bit far Lysergic. There's really no harm in being able to play again, its the player's choice.

Eh. I don't really care either way, since I don't gamble with mah hard earned points. xD

monster
June 15th, 2011, 04:30 AM
Well, 1 death per game and maximum bet according to your total points are put in place to avoid point trading. So the it is fine as it is.

Zack
June 15th, 2011, 05:21 AM
Point trading? Who would do that? Besides that the roulette game is too unpredictable to actually control its result.

Also I suggested that so long as you didn't lose more than a set portion of your total points you'l be able to keep playing, so at some point if you lost the max amount of points you can bet in one game then you can't play anymore. This instead of the 1 loss limit.