PDA

View Full Version : M-FM VI Gamethread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

BorkBot
February 24th, 2012, 05:14 PM
Day 1: The Arrival

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ca6YK1k8Ac

In the most northern reaches of the snow-covered kingdom of Fyodor, there stood a small town. Mountain's End was its name. For many hundreds of years the inhabitants of the settlement, that was based at the foot of a mountain range and surrounded by miles upon miles of pine forest, lived in peace and prosperity. While the environs were cold and harsh to the people and the men had to work hard inside the mines to reap the rewards of the mountains' rich gold deposits, they lived happy lives. Much thanks to the fair and benevolent Lord Jared Trianesh, one of many in a long line of governors from the same local ruling family. He took great care to provide for his people and to protect them with all that he had, and he was well loved. Mountain's End grew as people from lands afar came to trade and moved in to share in its splendour. Lord Trianesh welcomed all with open arms, for he was a kind man who always tried to see the best in people.

Alas, the years of happiness were not meant to last. Not all of the newcomers were as good as the Lord himself, and as the town grew larger and larger, so did its share of rotten apples. The presence of gold attracted men and women whose hearts were filled with greed, a lust for power and other dark traits. Some of the more ambitious newcomers established a council of sorts and demanded recognition from the governor, assuring him time and time again that the town had become too big for him to rule alone. And that they should relieve him of some tasks in its administration. Lord Trianesh wisely refused, for he had brought Mountain's End where it was today and was confident that he could manage on his own. After refusing the offer for the third time, the Lord was struck with a strange and mysterious illness that none in the vicinity could cure. He passed away a few days later.

His grieving widow, unable to handle the death of her beloved husband, demanded solitude and sent away all of her staff. She only allowed her husband's ever-faithful servant, The Valet, to remain with her inside her mansion. He was to provide her with basic necessities such as food and drink in order to stay alive. For years, none were welcome in the mansion. Some dared to enter without invitation, but they returned as insane murderers and other deranged lunatics, if they returned at all. It was rumoured that the Lady dabbled in sorcery and sought for a means to bring her late husband back to life.

After a while, Mountain's End became a place of paranoia. Some fled the town while they still could. Others stayed, blind with greed or having no other place to go. It is said that the entire population eventually just ceased to exist.

Mountain's End is a ghost town these days. Adventurers and heroes occasionally travel there to seek their fortune, yet there are no accounts of any who have succeeded. Sir Bastion of the Church of Tyr, God of justice and redemption and the patron deity of men, assembled an expedition to purge the town of its taint once and for all, so that the spirits of the dead may finally rest.

Their trek through the eerie forest was uneventful. Not even a lonely wolf was seen. Nor any deer or boars or any other wild beasts. The town itself was cloaked in a dense fog. Moss grew over streets that hadn't been cared for in a long time. Some houses were burnt and lay in ruins, others were boarded up and abandoned. There were no signs of life to be found anywhere, except for a faint light shining through some of the windows from within the great mansion that stood atop a hill some distance away. The group proceeded towards its destination and approached the old building from which Lord Trianesh once ruled. A shadow of its former glory.

The gates were open, yet the members of the expedition couldn't help but feel unwelcome. But they could not turn back now, for they were on a quest. And they were determined to accomplish what they had set out to do. Most of them at least. The members of the group cast nervous and confused glances glances at each other. Could all of their companions be trusted when faced with great fear? Did that one man's hair turn grey-ish overnight? Why did that knight insist on hiding his face behind a helmet? What exactly was it that they were supposed to do in order to cleanse the mansion of The Haunting? Where was the treasure located?

These were only some of the questions that spooked through their minds.

Welcome to MFM VI! This day is here to ask questions about the setup. You can find a thorough description of game mechanics here (http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php/4196-Haunted-Mansion-Theme-amp-Setup).

Be aware that some changes were made recently to (hopefully) provide a better experience, so even if you have read it before, you are advised - nay, required! - to read the whole thing again.

All questions will be answered in this thread and later added to the Q&A section of the FAQ thread.

Rolecards will be sent on night 1.

Roles list:
The Banshee (Lady Trianesh)
Investigator (The Valet)
Assassin
The Paladin (Sir Bastion)
Cleric
Diviner
Hidden Exorcists Power Role **
Acolyte
Acolyte
Acolyte
The Death Knight (Sir Purigon)
Thief
Hidden Neutral ***
Hidden Neutral ***

Hidden Exorcists Roles **: Knight, Ranger, Stalker, Bard, Herald, Undertaker, Coroner, Armoursmith, Shadow Hunter
Hidden Neutral Roles ***: Executioner, Amnesiac, Jester, Survivor

Player list:
1. DramaLlama
2. CmG
3. Kromos
4. Mopin
5. jimbobicus
6. Socretin
7. Luna
8. wolfcheese
9. Rocshi
10. McPwnage
11. Goremancer
12. Deathfire123
13. Escaho
14. Sumikoko
15. Ubernox
16. Guardian
17. TheWaaagh
18. Fragos
19. Azeryuu
20. Nick

There will be no lynch today

The day will end at this time (http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=5+pm+GMT-5++|++Sunday%2C+February+26%2C+2012)

McJesus
February 24th, 2012, 05:23 PM
Can anyone except the paladin, cleric, and diviner be converted to the haunting? What about Neutrals?

BorkBot
February 24th, 2012, 05:26 PM
Can anyone except the paladin, cleric, and diviner be converted to the haunting? What about Neutrals?

The conversion immune roles are the paladin, cleric, diviner and the death knight. Anyone else can be converted, including the neutrals.

McJesus
February 24th, 2012, 05:29 PM
Does one person have to be in possession of all three keys in order to open the crypt or can two or three different people collaborate to open the crypt at once? If the haunting can't possess the keys what is stopping people from just giving the "unseal" command every night?

Ubernox
February 24th, 2012, 05:31 PM
Should we have gotten our role cards yet? When does day end?

McJesus
February 24th, 2012, 05:32 PM
The conversion immune roles are the paladin, cleric, diviner and the death knight. Anyone else can be converted, including the neutrals.

If the thief is converted does his objective become to keep the crypt closed instead of being the one to open it? Can the thief (and other converted players) still posses keys or are they not allowed to as a new member of the haunting?

Goremancer
February 24th, 2012, 05:34 PM

Yea when do we get our role?

BorkBot
February 24th, 2012, 05:37 PM
Does one person have to be in possession of all three keys in order to open the crypt or can two or three different people collaborate to open the crypt at once? If the haunting can't possess the keys what is stopping people from just giving the "unseal" command every night?

The 3 key owners need to collaborate and give their unseal command on the same night. The Haunting can come in possession of keys by converting keyholders. The town might not want to unseal the crypt in fear of the thief and an executioner or jester could have certain demands.

If the thief is converted does his objective become to keep the crypt closed instead of being the one to open it? Can the thief (and other converted players) still posses keys or are they not allowed to as a new member of the haunting?

His goal becomes to win with the haunting. Once you have a key, nothing forces you to give it up except dying or a thief looting it off you.

BorkBot
February 24th, 2012, 05:38 PM
U no read my RP?!?! :evil:

Goremancer
February 24th, 2012, 05:44 PM
Borkbot use a D20 :D

BorkBot
February 24th, 2012, 05:44 PM
Borkbot use a D20 :D
I will! :D

Goremancer
February 24th, 2012, 05:45 PM
oh yea btw i posted a question in the faq just in case if you didn't check.

Troll mode is currently Disengaged

CmG
February 24th, 2012, 05:49 PM
Bitch please what is goremancer doing here?

BorkBot
February 24th, 2012, 05:50 PM
Can you put down a list of role counterparts? Which shows all the exorcist roles and its Haunting counterpart if any.
Acolyte->Assassin
Shadow Hunter->Shadow

Everything else just stays the same role, but becomes EVIL and allows a shadow hunter to sense them. The jester and the amnesiac also function differently if they get converted.

Goremancer
February 24th, 2012, 05:51 PM
Bitch please what is goremancer doing here?

Bitch please I am here to whip your fag ass. PREPARE YO SELF.LOL DUMB EU FAG CAN'T FIGURE THIS OUT. COME AT ME BRO.

Goremancer
February 24th, 2012, 05:51 PM
btw where did I post the original question? I can't seem to find it anywhere

Goremancer
February 24th, 2012, 05:55 PM
LOL THE LURKING BEGINS BEFORE THE GAME EVEN STARTS.

Goremancer
February 24th, 2012, 05:55 PM
WELL THEN I WILL JUST SPAM POST AND MAKE BORKBOT FEEL BETTER. YOU ALL SHOULD BE ASHAMED. YALL DESERVE A FLINT BEASTWOOD ULTIMATE TO YOUR KNEE.

CmG
February 24th, 2012, 05:56 PM
-vote skip like a fag

Goremancer
February 24th, 2012, 05:58 PM
bitch please...

BorkBot
February 24th, 2012, 06:01 PM
People are reading my epic story and the game's rules. You should do the same!

On a more serious note, I don't expect day 1 to be overly busy, because nobody has any information or reads on anyone yet. You could discuss possible strategies if you like (though they could be used against you). Or you may troll a bit or talk about random subjects if you want. As long as you make sure you have asked me everything you need to know before the game starts for real.

Skip day is not an option because I'm synchronising this with FMX.

Goremancer
February 24th, 2012, 06:04 PM
To change skeletor or not to change skeletor. That is the question.

CmG
February 24th, 2012, 06:07 PM
Mein LEben!

CmG
February 24th, 2012, 06:09 PM
Who made Sir Purigon a Sir? Was it ze Queen of England?

Mopin
February 24th, 2012, 06:12 PM
Hello everyone!

Goremancer
February 24th, 2012, 06:15 PM
awwww man the resident evil merchant didn't turn out well as an avatar :(

Goremancer
February 24th, 2012, 06:19 PM
sooooo how's it going guys?

Guardian
February 24th, 2012, 06:19 PM
Are we Allowed to -suicide?
(thief may have unsealed the crypt and doesn't want to get converted.)

Goremancer
February 24th, 2012, 06:21 PM
Will the day end faster if everyone makes a goddamn post? CmG I am Sir Purigon and immah gettin u

Nick
February 24th, 2012, 06:21 PM
The Haunting
Win Conditions: All members of the Exorcists are dead or converted.

At least 7 unconverted Exorcists MUST die.

Dead members of The Haunting will lose if the Death Knight survives.

Assuming Death Knight is dead. Win conditions:
1) All members of the Exorcists are dead or converted.
2) At least 7 unconverted Exorcists MUST die.

May I confirm if point 1) and 2) must be accomplished for The Haunting to achieve victory? Meaning that 3 conversion immune Exorcist roles plus another 4 non-conversion immune Exorcist must die?

Members of the Haunting can communicate at night and participate in the night kill vote. An assassin is required to perform a night kill; noone else can be sent to do it.

The Banshee can override the night kill vote. An assassination and a conversion from The Banshee cannot occur simultaneously, but an assassination and a maniplulation from The Banshee can.

May I assume this mean that:
1) The Banshee cannot kill
2) The Banshee need assassin to kill
3) The Banshee can override the night kill vote
4) The Banshee can only override the night kill vote if she is manipulating and not converting
5) The Banshee is manipulating the assassin

jimbobicus
February 24th, 2012, 06:26 PM
Can I do a barrel roll?

BorkBot
February 24th, 2012, 06:31 PM
Are we Allowed to -suicide?
(thief may have unsealed the crypt and doesn't want to get converted.)
Suicides are allowed. The thief has to survive until the end to win if he's neutral.

Will the day end faster if everyone makes a goddamn post? CmG I am Sir Purigon and immah gettin u
Nope.

Assuming Death Knight is dead. Win conditions:
1) All members of the Exorcists are dead or converted.
2) At least 7 unconverted Exorcists MUST die.

May I confirm if point 1) and 2) must be accomplished for The Haunting to achieve victory? Meaning that 3 conversion immune Exorcist roles plus another 4 non-conversion immune Exorcist must die?

That is correct. Both 1 and 2 need to be accomplished for the Haunting to win. Exorcists might want to rethink bussing Sir Bastion on day 2.

May I assume this mean that:
1) The Banshee cannot kill
2) The Banshee need assassin to kill
3) The Banshee can override the night kill vote
4) The Banshee can only override the night kill vote if she is manipulating and not converting
5) The Banshee is manipulating the assassin
Yes, yes, yes, yes, no. The Banshee doesn't need to manipulate the assassin because he's already on her side, but the Haunting can only kill if they don't convert someone at night.

Goremancer
February 24th, 2012, 06:32 PM
Hey BorkBot are you there? Maybe he's answering the shitload Nick posted.
░░░░░▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░
░░░░░█░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░▀▀▄░░░░
░░░░█░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░▒▒▒░░█░░░
░░░█░░░░░░▄██▀▄▄░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░█░░
░▄▀▒▄▄▄▒░█▀▀▀▀▄▄█░░░██▄▄█░░░░█░
█░▒█▒▄░▀▄▄▄▀░░░░░░░░█░░░▒▒▒▒▒░█
█░▒█░█▀▄▄░░░░░█▀░░░░▀▄░░▄▀▀▀▄▒█
░█░▀▄░█▄░█▀▄▄░▀░▀▀░▄▄▀░░░░█░░█░
░░█░░░▀▄▀█▄▄░█▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀█▀██░█░░
░░░█░░░░██░░▀█▄▄▄█▄▄█▄████░█░░░
░░░░█░░░░▀▀▄░█░░░█░█▀██████░█░░
░░░░░▀▄░░░░░▀▀▄▄▄█▄█▄█▄█▄▀░░█░░
░░░░░░░▀▄▄░▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒░░░█░
░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▄▄░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░█░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░█░░ ALL TROLLS USE THIS TO SHOW YOUR IDENTITY

Or maybe he has forsaken us :(

DramaLlama
February 24th, 2012, 06:32 PM
HEY BITCHES!

DRAMA REPORTIN IN!
To be honest I'm still doing fmx and a few other people in here are probably still alive too.

Pretty sure bork knows this but just saying.

Mopin
February 24th, 2012, 06:35 PM
Surely the Death Knight and the Banshee can just reveal day 1 and kill off the town easily enough?

The only way they can be killed is if the town get all the keys. I'm sure this wont happen until the end of the game as the chances of the town being able to get all the questions right without any of the scum doing so is quite unlikely. Even then the keys could just be stolen by the thief which makes it pretty damn impossible for the town to kill the serial killer and cult leader team.

DramaLlama
February 24th, 2012, 06:35 PM
http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120106052215/villains/images/c/c4/TrollFaceDancing.gif

BorkBot
February 24th, 2012, 06:36 PM
HEY BITCHES!

DRAMA REPORTIN IN!
To be honest I'm still doing fmx and a few other people in here are probably still alive too.

Pretty sure bork knows this but just saying.

I'm very much alive in it myself and I know several other MFM players who are as well. FMX is the reason why I say no to all requests to speed up the game at this point.

BorkBot
February 24th, 2012, 06:38 PM
Surely the Death Knight and the Banshee can just reveal day 1 and kill off the town easily enough?

The only way they can be killed is if the town get all the keys. I'm sure this wont happen until the end of the game as the chances of the town being able to get all the questions right without any of the scum doing so is quite unlikely. Even then the keys could just be stolen by the thief which makes it pretty damn impossible for the town to kill the serial killer and cult leader team.
The Serial Killer and the Cult Leader can't win together. See Sir Purigon's win conditions...

Goremancer
oh nvm Bork is still here. We are saved from CmG retardedness for now... NO LOLLYGAGGING, EU TROLLS COULD SPAM US ANY MINUTE.

Guardian
An Invisibility Cloak!
O_O
:D niceties these days...

Nick
February 24th, 2012, 06:42 PM
Thief
Win Conditions:
Be one of the players who unseals the crypt. Must survive until the end.

Ability:
May target a player each night to steal one key in their possession. May also loot dead players.

Alternatively, he may plant a key on a player of his choosing. This ability can only be used once.

Has a passive vest that protects him from the first attack made against him. The vest is lost if he is converted to the Haunting.

If the Thief is among those who unseal the crypt, one random player will die that night (Members of The Haunting, The Death Knight and the Thief himself are not included in the roll).

Win condition after being converted to The Haunting? Still need to unseal the crypt?

Executioner
See your assigned target lynched and survive until the end. Target is always an Exorcist.
Becomes a jester upon failure. Becomes immune to night kills upon success.

May visit a player at night to bother them.

1) Win condition after being converted to The Haunting?
2) Converted executioner still want converted Exorcist to be lynched?
3) Executioner with target lynched will retain night immunity after being converted?

Survivor
Must survive until the end. 3 single use vests (+1).

1) Win condition after being converted to The Haunting?
2) Vest remains after being converted?

BorkBot
February 24th, 2012, 06:46 PM
Thief win condition after being converted to The Haunting? Still need to unseal the crypt?

Yes. And he must win with the Haunting as well, but survival is no longer necessary.

Other neutrals who are converted to The Haunting only need to win with them.

2) Converted executioner still want converted Exorcist to be lynched?
3) Executioner with target lynched will retain night immunity after being converted?

He doesn't have to lynch his target anymore, but he will get permanent night immunity if he does. Yes, he keeps his night immunity if he gets converted after lynching his target as well.

Survivor's vests remain after being converted?

Yes

Nick
February 24th, 2012, 06:47 PM
Members of the Haunting can communicate at night and participate in the night kill vote. An assassin is required to perform a night kill; noone else can be sent to do it.

The Banshee can override the night kill vote. [next paragraph]

An assassination and a conversion from The Banshee Haunting cannot occur simultaneously, but an assassination and a maniplulation from The Banshee Haunting can.

Corrected.

CmG
February 24th, 2012, 06:50 PM
CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME! CULT ME!

Goremancer
February 24th, 2012, 06:51 PM
WTF A GREEN MAFIA? I MEAN I'VE SEEN A ORANGE MAFIA BUT A GREEN ONE? *heads explodes from WIFOM*

Nick
February 24th, 2012, 06:53 PM
Should be all. Job made easy thanks to Phyr.

BorkBot
February 24th, 2012, 06:54 PM
Corrected.Alright, I changed it in the setup description. Technically it was already correct (conversion and manipulation are performed by the Banshee while the assassination isn't), but this might be more clear.

BorkBot
February 24th, 2012, 06:54 PM
Thanks for your help, Nick. And yes, Phyr did us all a great service :)

Goremancer
February 24th, 2012, 06:57 PM
CmgBwillIyouTjustCshutHup? God,PsuchLanEattentionAseekingSlittleEwhore.

CmG
February 24th, 2012, 07:05 PM
i am not your mirror bitch. The attention whore is.... YOU. I am just trolling out of day 1 tradition thats all

Goremancer
February 24th, 2012, 07:07 PM
I'm going afk nao. Only the best troll can crack it :D

BorkBot
February 24th, 2012, 07:10 PM
Slightly altered The Death Knight's ability:

Ability:
Must choose a target to slay each night (-1) except the first night. If no target is submitted, the dice will decide.

This means he is not forced to kill night 1 if he doesn't want to.

Why? Well, he can choose to hide in a corner and give everyone a chance to participate.

McJesus
February 24th, 2012, 07:28 PM
Why does everything have to be about forum mafia x? God so sick of having mfm being put on hold for this shit, mfm has it's own player base and people who actually prefer it to the main fm.

Rocshi
February 24th, 2012, 07:29 PM
Why is the name of the kingdom Fyodor...

lololol

KINGDOM OF JELENA GOGOGO

BorkBot
February 24th, 2012, 07:34 PM
Why is the name of the kingdom Fyodor...

lololol

KINGDOM OF JELENA GOGOGO
Why not? :p

Nick
February 24th, 2012, 07:37 PM
Why does everything have to be about forum mafia x? God so sick of having mfm being put on hold for this shit, mfm has it's own player base and people who actually prefer it to the main fm.

Current player base of FM and M-FM are not mutually exclusive. We do have lots of new untested players wanting to join though. Maybe more S-FM might be the solution. S-FM can be the express ticket for new players to prove themselves.

Nick
February 24th, 2012, 07:38 PM
Current player base of FM and M-FM are not mutually exclusive. We do have lots of new untested players wanting to join though. Maybe more S-FM might be the solution. S-FM can be the express ticket for new players to prove themselves.

Thus said the member with 29 posts.

Goremancer
February 24th, 2012, 07:59 PM
I'm back gentlemen. Well I agree with you McPwnage about mfms. I wouldn't have signed up if not for a blackmailer who's name starts with B and ends with T. So we'll refer to him as BT for now.

Goremancer
February 24th, 2012, 08:01 PM
CmgBwillIyouTjustCshutHup? God,PsuchLanEattentionAseekingSlittleEwhore.

And this is for you CmG who couldn't figure it out :P

CmG
February 24th, 2012, 08:46 PM
you ve changed your avatar now its boring. We need a new catch phrase.. OmG its a code have to check now all day threads in FM 10 to find you cya next year then!

Socretin
February 24th, 2012, 09:07 PM
oh man this is gonna be sweet

anyways, if the Haunting is allowed to answer the riddles than couldn't they just take the key if they win and never give it anyone or unseal the crypt and have like an instant win...

Goremancer
February 24th, 2012, 09:27 PM
You will never find me my dear CmG. Because I never left a code in the FMX :P Although I'm dead in it :(

Goremancer
February 24th, 2012, 09:28 PM
Well fine I"ll change my avatar into something that has a catch phrase =.= There cmg you happy?

Goremancer
February 24th, 2012, 09:37 PM
huh why is it a lurkfest now? Am I the only one still on other than drama? Awwww man... Oh well. I guess I will conduct my trading tomorrow.

Socretin
February 24th, 2012, 09:45 PM
well i'm on but this is my first game. There's really nothing for me to add here.....

TheWaaagh
February 24th, 2012, 09:59 PM
This is just a participation post to prove that I'm here.

Also, -vote Socretin to be lynched

-vote CmG for town leader

Scum are going to win this game so hard.

BorkBot
February 24th, 2012, 10:01 PM
oh man this is gonna be sweet

anyways, if the Haunting is allowed to answer the riddles than couldn't they just take the key if they win and never give it anyone or unseal the crypt and have like an instant win...
Nope, because members of the Haunting won't be awarded a key even if they give the correct answer. They can just mess with the results the Diviner gets to see.

And there are plenty of ways for them to lose the keys if a keyholder is recruited into the Haunting.

- night kills
- lynches
- found by the Diviner/Stalker and forced by the town to give up the key during the day

Socretin
February 24th, 2012, 10:02 PM
This is just a participation post to prove that I'm here.

Also, -vote TheWaaagh to be lynched

-vote CmG for town leader

Scum are going to win this game so hard.

I fixed your typo

BorkBot
February 24th, 2012, 10:03 PM
Don't worry Socretin, this day is a no lynch day. I suppose I should mention that in the first post.

Sumikoko
February 24th, 2012, 11:13 PM
Your death bringing chainsaw witch maid killer extraordinaire is here. :) Kufufufu. What kind of enigma shall she craft this time? Stay tuned! That aside, I usually have the most questions after the game starts, unfortunately. Asking questions now may work against me depending on the role I become. The withholding of information is what I find most interesting about Mafia after all. Ahem. KUFUFUFU!

TheWaaagh
February 25th, 2012, 12:11 AM
Your death bringing chainsaw witch maid killer extraordinaire is here. :) Kufufufu. What kind of enigma shall she craft this time? Stay tuned! That aside, I usually have the most questions after the game starts, unfortunately. Asking questions now may work against me depending on the role I become. The withholding of information is what I find most interesting about Mafia after all. Ahem. KUFUFUFU!

I'm going for a multi-lynch day today.

So vote Sumikoko

You gonna die! "Kufufufufufu"

Goremancer
February 25th, 2012, 12:20 AM
Ahhhhh most fascinating. Customers. What are you buying? What are you selling?

Goremancer
February 25th, 2012, 12:22 AM
Got some rare things on sale. Stranger.

TheWaaagh
February 25th, 2012, 12:29 AM
Got some rare things on sale. Stranger.

I will buy it at a high price!

Goremancer
February 25th, 2012, 12:52 AM
Got a selection of good things on sale stranger.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_VJkQmNthxnU/Sffb3WzIEvI/AAAAAAAABjk/Afgr_9xFy8A/s200/syringe72.jpg
http://not-us.ca/files/cocaine.jpg
http://www.hermesnews.org/file/FotoNews_17219.jpg

I will buy it at a high price!

NOT ENOUGH CASH! Stranger...

Fragos
February 25th, 2012, 12:59 AM
Good day to you. I have arrived in town.

And please to not talk to me about my identity in FMX or about upcoming M-Fm games. Thank you.

TheWaaagh
February 25th, 2012, 01:29 AM
Good day to you. I have arrived in town.

And please to not talk to me about my identity in FMX or about upcoming M-Fm games. Thank you.

I would like to talk about your role in FMX and about any upcoming M-Fm games.

Kromos
February 25th, 2012, 02:14 AM
Cult me (http://cult.me/)

Luna
February 25th, 2012, 05:19 AM
Luna in the hizazzzz

I AM LELOUCH AND I WILL MURDER YOU ALL

I also found the name of the town of Fyodor to be awesome xD

Bork, I had no idea that someone's hair turning 'grey-ish' was a sign of madness and culting o.0 EVERYONE WEAR A HAT OR SIR PURIGON WILL CUT YOU

CmG
February 25th, 2012, 07:19 AM
Yo TheWaaagh lets do the den of assholes approach this game. :)

Yeah luna can come too.... WHORE! xD

@Goremancer. Giev teh Epics!

test

Luna
February 25th, 2012, 07:20 AM
I c wut u did thar

Let the scumhunt begin!

Hail Emperor Borkbot!

BorkBot
February 25th, 2012, 07:30 AM
Bork, I had no idea that someone's hair turning 'grey-ish' was a sign of madness and culting o.0 EVERYONE WEAR A HAT OR SIR PURIGON WILL CUT YOU
That may or may not have been hinting at a certain individual of the group being "replaced" by a local who is trying to blend in, but who forgot about a minor detail. Kind of like them Cylons, if you catch my drift.

CmG
February 25th, 2012, 07:32 AM
Derp pls no FM10 chatterish in this game. Kkthxbye

CmG
February 25th, 2012, 07:34 AM
wait i need a new avatar for this game brb

CmG
February 25th, 2012, 07:37 AM
CULT AT ME BRO! I MA ESCAHOOOOO

Guardian
February 25th, 2012, 07:48 AM
Yo TheWaaagh lets do the den of assholes approach this game. :)

Yeah luna can come too.... WHORE! xD

@Goremancer. Giev teh Epics!

test

test failure.
i have the invisibility code, but I'm not willing to share it.
:D

Guardian
February 25th, 2012, 07:48 AM
I c wut u did thar

Let the scumhunt begin!

Hail Serial Killer Borkbot!

Fixed for you :D

Luna
February 25th, 2012, 07:50 AM
Borkbot was a crap Serial Killer, he got drowned in a stream by a little boy.

CmG
February 25th, 2012, 07:51 AM
How rude! Mr redshirt! IMA DISSAPOINT

test.. bitch!

CmG
February 25th, 2012, 07:52 AM
But he was a master chef. His raichu chops were deeeelicious!

Luna
February 25th, 2012, 07:56 AM
I figured I would also find a new profile picture for the occasion.

I didn't find this by searching for 'Banshee', honest. I'm not a member of the haunting.

Yet.

CmG
February 25th, 2012, 07:59 AM
Do the cult member know each other from start?

Guardian
February 25th, 2012, 08:03 AM
Borkbot was a crap Serial Killer, he got drowned in a stream by a little boy.

squeak.

the little boy was really Sir Bastion as a boy, u know....

squeak.

Actually, it was an angel in disguise.

sque-

oooo.
roast rat. yummy!

squeak.

AAAAAAAaaaaa!!!!

Luna
February 25th, 2012, 08:05 AM
the little boy was really Sir Bastion as a boy, u know....

Mindf*ck

Also I got fed up, when I searched for Banshee Queen it kept showing me Sylvanas Windrunner, but I like this one

BorkBot
February 25th, 2012, 08:13 AM
Do the cult member know each other from start?
Role cards haven't been sent yet. Cult members will have to wait until night 1 just like everyone else, but on night 1 they do get a night chat together.

New converts won't know whether they were converted or bewitched until the next night. If they were converted, they won't know who their new allies are until they enter night chat.

Also I got fed up, when I searched for Banshee Queen it kept showing me Sylvanas Windrunner, but I like this one
Yeah, that's a nice drawing. There seems to be a lot of warcraft fanart out there if you google for anything fantasy related...

Luna
February 25th, 2012, 08:19 AM
I might switch to a Sylvanas Windrunner pic at some stage, it's just a shame all the fan art is based on her WoW avatar. I was hoping for some drawings of her after her Warcraft III conversion. For now I'll make do with my generic gesturing random banshee drawing (which at least is colour co-ordinated with my name).

Let the riddles commence!

CmG
February 25th, 2012, 09:02 AM
Just take the Narks avatar too strong for recruiting issues

Luna
February 25th, 2012, 09:05 AM
Please let's not sully this game with references to FMX, it's not only disrespectful to Borkbot but also against the rules of FMX. Unless... u jelly?

Kromos
February 25th, 2012, 09:17 AM
http://files.sharenator.com/cup_of_LOL_LOL-s448x394-48055-580.gif

Nick
February 25th, 2012, 09:18 AM
http://files.sharenator.com/cup_of_LOL_LOL-s448x394-48055-580.gif

Fail pic

Kromos
February 25th, 2012, 09:20 AM
Are you still not reading your role PM, Luna?

Kromos
February 25th, 2012, 09:22 AM
Fail pic

http://www.celebritiesfans.com/pictures/nick_jonas_1.jpg

I don't even know who he is :)

Luna
February 25th, 2012, 09:22 AM
Yes. It's made substantially easier by the fact that I don't have one yet.

But I can say with complete certainty that I'm probably going to be Sir Purigon.

CmG
February 25th, 2012, 09:23 AM
http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3321/3640894589_e8b1686605_z.jpg

Fags

Kromos
February 25th, 2012, 09:24 AM
I hope BorkBot makes me town.

(wifom)

Luna
February 25th, 2012, 09:25 AM
random.org can't overlook the fact that I've carefully kept my post count at 666

CmG
February 25th, 2012, 09:26 AM
There are only 3 roles fucked. Those who cant be culted :D

Socretin
February 25th, 2012, 09:27 AM
random.org can't overlook the fact that I've carefully kept my post count at 666

hmmm.... yes I noticed that...

Luna
February 25th, 2012, 09:28 AM
Me and Socretin gonna own this game up, Haunting style

(this is where you need to insert our theme song, Socretin)

Nick
February 25th, 2012, 09:29 AM
Why not let Zack join the game and let Sir Purigon kill him tonight instead?

Kromos
February 25th, 2012, 09:30 AM
If Mopin dies first night you will know I'm part of the Haunting or Sir Purigon. If he doesn't you know I'm town.

CmG
February 25th, 2012, 09:31 AM
FOUND IT!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqlyFstzvl0

Luna
February 25th, 2012, 09:31 AM
If CmG dies at any point in the game, you know I'm a Jester.

Socretin
February 25th, 2012, 09:37 AM
Our Theme can be the Team Rocket Motto
I call being Meowth

Luna
February 25th, 2012, 09:42 AM
We need a James, volunteers?

Luna
February 25th, 2012, 09:44 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ztc3lPMpKKA

So much funk, I used to have this CD

Socretin
February 25th, 2012, 10:05 AM
well i'm off to get my hair cut

Rocshi
February 25th, 2012, 10:35 AM
I've always been James.

I will join you, Luna.

TOGETHER WE SHALL

*a wild Ash appeared*

Ohshit.

Goremancer
February 25th, 2012, 11:17 AM
This thread just got weirder by 20% since I left. Dammit why day 1 so weird...

Now back to business.

HELLO STRANGERS. WHAT YOU SELLING? WHAT ARE YOU BUYING? I HAVE SOME RARE THINGS ON SALE. AHHHHHHH STRANGER, THAT... THAT... IS A WEAPON. ITS AMMO CAN CAPTURE ANY POKEMON, EVEN ASH'S PIKACHU. NOT ONLY DOES IT TAKE CASH TO BUY THAT BUT ALSO GUTS.
NOT ENOUGH CASH STRANGER!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71heHLDXmKo&feature=related

Escaho
February 25th, 2012, 12:28 PM
Whoa, I was so confused by not getting a PM that I just assumed this game hadn't started yet (I kept checking the Sign-Ups forum, not this one! Stupid me!).

Oh, Sumi is in this game? If I die Night 1 and I'm not part of the Haunting, Sumi is part of the Haunting. She wants me dead! =p

Socretin
February 25th, 2012, 12:36 PM
So I got a hair cut. It's pretty awesome

Goremancer
February 25th, 2012, 12:38 PM
I hate hair cuts. Waste of time. And you have to wash your hair to get rid of all the hair bits. Haircuts suck. Am I alone on this one?

Luna
February 25th, 2012, 12:40 PM
I hate hair cuts. Waste of time. And you have to wash your hair to get rid of all the hair bits. Haircuts suck. Am I alone on this one?

Of course you're alone, haircuts are awesome, go to a proper salon

Luna
February 25th, 2012, 12:43 PM
Man I wish I had 6 rep power to go along with my post count

Goremancer
February 25th, 2012, 12:43 PM
I want a 1337 post count :(

Luna
February 25th, 2012, 12:45 PM
That was what I was originally going for but then my post count got slashed in half.

I'd rather keep the 666 than spam, for I am El Diablo!

Goremancer
February 25th, 2012, 12:48 PM
If you are a mod can't you just make your post count w.e the hell you want? Or maybe the mods aren't as omnipotent as I think

Socretin
February 25th, 2012, 12:51 PM
but if your rep. power was 6 then it would be 6666 and it wouldn't have as much meaning

Luna
February 25th, 2012, 12:53 PM
I just like the number 6, don't deny me this pleasure

CmG
February 25th, 2012, 12:57 PM
I like long hair more then short. Its just that effective if you have no whip at hand to let the bitch suffer quick HUEHUEHUE.

WIR MUESSEN DIE KANADIER AUSLOESCHEN!

Goremancer
February 25th, 2012, 12:58 PM
http://www.presentermedia.com/files/clipart/00003000/3735/stick_figure_coffee_newspaper_pc_md_wm.jpg
Man I want my damn role :(

Goremancer
February 25th, 2012, 12:59 PM
I like long hair more then short. Its just that effective if you have no whip at hand to let the bitch suffer quick HUEHUEHUE.

Well since I hate haircuts I have long hair. I'm not sure about having no whip part. I mean if you just want the bitch to suffer just kick her lol.

Luna
February 25th, 2012, 01:04 PM

And this is why when you go on a date you turn into Megan :P

http://soundcloud.com/vaughan-1-1/this-is-what-crazy-looks-like

TheWaaagh
February 25th, 2012, 01:19 PM
What the fuck is going on?

-day shoot Luna

Is anybody else going to vote for town leader or do I have to do all this shit by myself?

CmG
February 25th, 2012, 01:21 PM
-nominate TheWaaagh

Since we all know i will win but out of fairness i will vote you. Like Biggayal in FM8 who gave his vote himself and got outedited from the GM. I had to lol hard

Goremancer
February 25th, 2012, 01:22 PM
I'M THE TOWN LEADER. LISTEN TO ME BITCHES. HAHAHAHAHA. OK LET'S START IT OFF WITH A MULTILYNCH. LET'S SEE EVERYONE WHO ISN'T IN THE HAUNT... I MEAN WHO DOESN'T SEEM RIGHT. OK GOGOGO

-Vote Everyone except Goremancer

TheWaaagh
February 25th, 2012, 01:24 PM
-nominate TheWaaagh

Since we all know i will win but out of fairness i will vote you. Like Biggayal in FM8 who gave his vote himself and got outedited from the GM. I had to lol hard

I swear to god dude, if you're just nominating me so it'll be funnier later when you blow me up... I don't have a good threat on hand but that's a dick move. Ya' dig?

CmG
February 25th, 2012, 01:26 PM
Lol dates who the fuck goes on dates? Woothefook no wonder so many singles are around. Teh fook. D00D

Kromos
February 25th, 2012, 01:27 PM
Nominate Zane

Hammer Luna

CmG
February 25th, 2012, 01:29 PM
I swear to god dude, if you're just nominating me so it'll be funnier later when you blow me up... I don't have a good threat on hand but that's a dick move. Ya' dig?

LOL No spy jester around this time no worries.. but who knows? :D Still no role card around. And tbh this day start without a role pm sucks. Purigon has just to fucking random kill tonight. He will kill somebody he doesnt like or somebody who annoys him or whatever random orgs. not cool bro

Goremancer
February 25th, 2012, 01:31 PM
We still got a day before this meaningless day ends. D; NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

I just want to get the game actually started.

CmG
February 25th, 2012, 01:36 PM
whats this NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU thing is that from Chrono trigger? oO

TheWaaagh
February 25th, 2012, 01:38 PM
LOL No spy jester around this time no worries.. but who knows? :D Still no role card around. And tbh this day start without a role pm sucks. Purigon has just to fucking random kill tonight. He will kill somebody he doesnt like or somebody who annoys him or whatever random orgs. not cool bro

This is true. Sir Purigon I suggest you kill Sumikoko. I think that's a fair goat to sacrifice tonight in good faith. And if Sumi gets Sir Purigon, I think it's only fair we ask her to suicide. Everyone cool with that?

CmG
February 25th, 2012, 01:43 PM
I want to hobo stab someone as well.

TheWaaagh
February 25th, 2012, 01:48 PM
I want to hobo stab someone as well.

Oh they're all gonna' get hobo stabbed. Don't you worry about that.

http://images.wikia.com/finalfantasy/images/d/d1/Tonberry-FF11.jpg

He shall be our mascot.

CmG
February 25th, 2012, 01:57 PM
Lol its the Tonberry! :D Good times!

Luna
February 25th, 2012, 02:00 PM
So many Cylons in this game it's ridiculous.

Badger badger badger.

CmG
February 25th, 2012, 02:07 PM
Oh shit its team Rocket! Y U AT HOME SON? You ll never get laid like this NEVA!

Goremancer
February 25th, 2012, 04:21 PM
I sell teamrocket drugs. Why else are they chasing pikachu? I mean sure people can be persistent but their obsession is uncanny. No human can achieve that through pure dedication. Everyone needs some... help...

DramaLlama
February 25th, 2012, 04:46 PM
what the fuck is going on.

You are all sheep and I am the sheep herder / rapist.
I am your god. Baaa to me!

BorkBot
February 25th, 2012, 05:00 PM
Just a little forewarning, I will be much less forthcoming with information when questions are asked after today. I will only tell the bare minimum when something has to be cleared up. Many of you haven't asked anything and I'm wondering if it is because you haven't done your homework or because my descriptions are just so utterly amazing that everything is crystal clear to you despite the complexity of it all.

You can either ask your questions, or you admit that I'm the best host in the history of FM. The choice is yours!

Goremancer
February 25th, 2012, 05:06 PM
YOU ARE THE BEST HOST IN THE HISTORY. Now where is my 5 bucks?

BorkBot
February 25th, 2012, 05:20 PM
You can have five imaginary copper pieces. You'll have to loot the crypt to get the rest.

Socretin
February 25th, 2012, 05:22 PM
If I call you the best host ever do we get to start?

DramaLlama
February 25th, 2012, 05:23 PM
I'll be honest I haven't looked over everything as much as I want.

Will start re-reading everything and get any questions out before tomorrow

BorkBot
February 25th, 2012, 05:35 PM
If I call you the best host ever do we get to start?

Yes.

(but no earlier than we would if you didn't)

BorkBot
February 25th, 2012, 05:36 PM
I'll be honest I haven't looked over everything as much as I want.

Will start re-reading everything and get any questions out before tomorrow
There's a good monkey!

jimbobicus
February 25th, 2012, 05:49 PM
http://images.travelpod.com/tw_slides/ta00/9c1/51e/the-good-monkey-survived-lovina.jpg

Good monkey

TheWaaagh
February 25th, 2012, 06:24 PM
Just a little forewarning, I will be much less forthcoming with information when questions are asked after today. I will only tell the bare minimum when something has to be cleared up. Many of you haven't asked anything and I'm wondering if it is because you haven't done your homework or because my descriptions are just so utterly amazing that everything is crystal clear to you despite the complexity of it all.

You can either ask your questions, or you admit that I'm the best host in the history of FM. The choice is yours!

90% of my questions come organically from situations I come across in the game. Sorry, bud, but that's just the way it is.

I'll accept your bare minimum responses if that's what it takes to not sit here and come up with every situation imaginable.

BorkBot
February 25th, 2012, 06:28 PM
There's the danger of recurring mechanics debate taking the focus away from the game itself. It'd be nice if that could be avoided as much as possible.

CmG
February 25th, 2012, 06:34 PM
What are you meassures against game throw? Like OLOLOL I WANNA BE ASSASSIN WITH NIGHT CHAT?..... LETS JUST DO THE WITNESS APPROACH OLOLOL..

Cant stand those game thrower bitches

DramaLlama
February 25th, 2012, 06:41 PM
How does lynch immunity work exactly? If they are given the hammer will it just not go through and we are told at the end of the day?

Will the Paladin be notified of a successful smite or just an unsuccessful one? Will there be any indication that he can't smite the next night?

Do the vests (either survivor or given by armoursmith) trigger upon being attacked? Or do you have to decide to use them that night to save your life.

Is the death knight able to kill night 1? It says he MUST kill everynight except first, but doesn't say he can't.

Converted people (exception shadow hunter/acolytes) become what? Assassins?

If an amnesiac is converted to the haunting BEFORE he takes a roll, will he still be able to take a roll?

Is there any way possible to prevent a thief from stealing you key? From what I've read he will always be able to get a key from a dead person (steal it if they are lynched, or steal from person elected to get key) and their is no point to electing key bearers unless thief is dead.

You say that deception among the haunting is possible, but in this set up why would anyone do that? There are no traitors and the only reason I can see is that they want to open the crypt to kill death night and let dead members win. (The banshee doesn't care if dk is alive at end)

If the thief is converted to the haunting he doesn't care if the crypt is opened or not? I think it would be more interesting for the thief to still have to open the crypt and thus makes him a sort of traitor to the banshee. The current settings means he just steals keys to fuck the town over. I really think he should keep his win condition and also have to win with the haunting.

In the order of operations it says 0.3 Amnesiac remembers role. So if he is killed that night it will show his new role and also reveal to town that he took it?

Also, it's confusing to whether amnesiac gets his role as soon as he submits the pm (Stupid question but I'm not sure)

According to the order of operations someone can obtain a key and die the same night?

On day 4 the diviner can locate keys. Is this action a day action or night? If night does he have to chose between scrying and locating?

Is it considered gamethrowing to reveal you were converted/manipulated during the day incase you were converted so that the town can smite you the next? (at the time you would still be town aligned)

In the FAQ question 3 you said paladin doesn't know if ward prevents conversion. Will the target know? or ONLY the banshee?

DramaLlama
February 25th, 2012, 06:44 PM
Also could you update the "Q & A" / FAQ part on the theme&setup thread so I don't ask questions that are answered on this thread?

I don't want to search to see if what I'm asking has already been done.

DramaLlama
February 25th, 2012, 06:44 PM
Sorry for repeat questions :p

Sorry for triple post.

Sorry about everything.

Sorry I'm Canadian...

Goremancer
February 25th, 2012, 06:47 PM
AHHHHHH CMG IS A RAPIST WHO LIKES TO PEER INTO KIDS' ROOMS. TO SHOW THIS RAPIST WHO'S BOSS LET'S RAPE HIM IN GAME.

Socretin
February 25th, 2012, 07:12 PM
Sorry for repeat questions :p

Sorry for triple post.

Sorry about everything.

Sorry I'm Canadian...

what a coincidence I'm Canadian!

jimbobicus
February 25th, 2012, 07:13 PM
All the cool kids are canadian

Socretin
February 25th, 2012, 07:17 PM
Random.org seems to be used a lot around here, is that how everyone's roles are chosen?

jimbobicus
February 25th, 2012, 07:19 PM
no it's usually random.net

Socretin
February 25th, 2012, 07:20 PM
lies random.net doesn't exist

... I checked

jimbobicus
February 25th, 2012, 07:21 PM
To access random.net you simply must speak friend and enter

Socretin
February 25th, 2012, 07:23 PM
mellon

Sumikoko
February 25th, 2012, 07:32 PM
Whoa, whoa, whoa. Waaagh, buddy, I haven't even done anything to you (yet) and you're already planning my death? Very well. You and Escaho are going down first. Troublesome recruit and dropship, I'll tear your pharynx out from your guts. While keeping you alive. Sound pleasant? :)

wolfcheese
February 25th, 2012, 08:00 PM
I'm stupid. I was waiting for the role card and completely forgot that the first day would start without those. Time to do my homework and make sure I understand everything (I'm sure I won't).

wolfcheese
February 25th, 2012, 08:08 PM
Can the journalist add his own opinions to an article?

wolfcheese
February 25th, 2012, 08:23 PM
Shadow (Sheriff)
Check one player each night to see if they are part of the Exorcists.
What's the point of this role? Can he find the death knight unlike the Shadow Hunter?

Goremancer
February 25th, 2012, 08:24 PM
I'm so bored :/ Bork why you do this to us?

Socretin
February 25th, 2012, 08:26 PM
I'm so bored :/ Bork why you do this to us?

He's sitting at home reading our posts and laughing at us for entertainment

Goremancer
February 25th, 2012, 08:27 PM
Yea well then let's make this day into a social party. So Socretin what the hell were you thinking when you joined this forum?

BorkBot
February 25th, 2012, 08:28 PM
What are you meassures against game throw? Like OLOLOL I WANNA BE ASSASSIN WITH NIGHT CHAT?..... LETS JUST DO THE WITNESS APPROACH OLOLOL..

Cant stand those game thrower bitches
Exorcists are allowed to side with the cult, but if they ask to be converted or blatantly betray known allies by lynching, I will turn them into red acolytes without powers if they ever get converted. So the Haunting will be better off killing them and taking other players instead.

How does lynch immunity work exactly? If they are given the hammer will it just not go through and we are told at the end of the day?

The hammer will still count and you can't lynch anyone else, but you will be informed that the player was immortal.

Will the Paladin be notified of a successful smite or just an unsuccessful one? Will there be any indication that he can't smite the next night?

The paladin's smite is only considered successful if it kills its victim. Every other situation (heals, immunity, invalid target/roleblock) all report as unsuccessful. The paladin will receive a PM that he can't smite on the night after a successful smite.

Do the vests (either survivor or given by armoursmith) trigger upon being attacked? Or do you have to decide to use them that night to save your life.

You have to decide when to use them.

Is the death knight able to kill night 1? It says he MUST kill everynight except first, but doesn't say he can't.

He can kill, but he may choose not to. Holding off on the first night may be a strategical choice. Because he isn't necessarily everyone's enemy...

Converted people (exception shadow hunter/acolytes) become what? Assassins?

They keep their original role, but become Haunting aligned.

If an amnesiac is converted to the haunting BEFORE he takes a roll, will he still be able to take a roll?

All roles maintain their powers after conversion. Some just change a little (explained on rolecard).

Is there any way possible to prevent a thief from stealing you key? From what I've read he will always be able to get a key from a dead person (steal it if they are lynched, or steal from person elected to get key) and their is no point to electing key bearers unless thief is dead.
A roleblock would stop him. If a thief proves to be a nuisance and he is found (by diviner, ranger or detective), he might be in trouble. Or the exorcists may decide to let the thief have a key so long as he's not aligned with the haunting and helps them to open the crypt at the expense of one of their players...

You say that deception among the haunting is possible, but in this set up why would anyone do that? There are no traitors and the only reason I can see is that they want to open the crypt to kill death night and let dead members win. (The banshee doesn't care if dk is alive at end)

But the DK does care if the Banshee is alive at the end. Not everyone cares about their dead allies either.

If the thief is converted to the haunting he doesn't care if the crypt is opened or not? I think it would be more interesting for the thief to still have to open the crypt and thus makes him a sort of traitor to the banshee. The current settings means he just steals keys to fuck the town over. I really think he should keep his win condition and also have to win with the haunting.

That won't really make sense from an RP perspective and I don't think it would be much of an issue, but alright. I'll change it.

In the order of operations it says 0.3 Amnesiac remembers role. So if he is killed that night it will show his new role and also reveal to town that he took it?
Yes.

Also, it's confusing to whether amnesiac gets his role as soon as he submits the pm (Stupid question but I'm not sure)

He does. He gets to perform his new action as well.

[According to the order of operations someone can obtain a key and die the same night?
Yes. The key will be found on their corpse the next morning.

On day 4 the diviner can locate keys. Is this action a day action or night? If night does he have to chose between scrying and locating?

It's a daytime action.

Is it considered gamethrowing to reveal you were converted/manipulated during the day incase you were converted so that the town can smite you the next? (at the time you would still be town aligned)

If you were converted, you will be aligned with the haunting already. You won't know for sure until the next night, though you might be able to deduce if you were manipulated in some situations.

In the FAQ question 3 you said paladin doesn't know if ward prevents conversion. Will the target know? or ONLY the banshee?
Both the target and the Banshee will know.

Can the journalist add his own opinions to an article?
He can publish an article of his own alongside the interview.

What's the point of this role? Can he find the death knight unlike the Shadow Hunter?
He can tell the difference between neutrals and exorcists. Should be more useful than finding his own faction members.

Goremancer
February 25th, 2012, 08:29 PM
0_0 Meh i'll read this over when I have a question.

Socretin
February 25th, 2012, 08:32 PM
Yea well then let's make this day into a social party. So Socretin what the hell were you thinking when you joined this forum?

well I think my exact thought was "oh god today is so boring... hey wait! In this custom game I'm playing there's a link to their site! Maybe that'll kill some time!"

then I really wanted to try a forum mafia so here I am =)

wolfcheese
February 25th, 2012, 08:34 PM
He can tell the difference between neutrals and exorcists. Should be more useful than finding his own faction members.
Can the Shadow Hunter tell this difference also (besides the death knight)? Or does it say the neutral is "not suspicious"?

BorkBot
February 25th, 2012, 08:35 PM
NICK,

When you read this, know that the Thief now still has to open the crypt to win after he is converted to the Haunting. He just doesn't have to survive until the end. That rule was changed slightly.

BorkBot
February 25th, 2012, 08:37 PM
Can the Shadow Hunter tell this difference also (besides the death knight)? Or does it say the neutral is "not suspicious"?
Besides the Death Knight, all neutrals appear as not suspicious.

Socretin
February 25th, 2012, 08:39 PM
are roles chosen using random.org (it seems to be used a lot around here)

Goremancer
February 25th, 2012, 08:41 PM
NO IT'S D20. RANDOM.ORG IS FOR IGNANT NUBS

Goremancer
February 25th, 2012, 08:41 PM
...Stranger...

BorkBot
February 25th, 2012, 08:43 PM
are roles chosen using random.org (it seems to be used a lot around here)
No. They are decided the old-fashioned way!

http://www.animated-gifs.eu/leisure-games-d20/0010.gif

I actually look like that guy ^

Except I'm a skinny nerd, not a fat one :p

Goremancer
February 25th, 2012, 08:45 PM
I think most people on this sight are scummy. I mean can you imagine a fat guy playing mafia? Lol I just offended everyone who was fat and is on this site. You mad bro? I'm looking at you CmG

Goremancer
February 25th, 2012, 08:49 PM
Btw you guys might wanna turn in invisibility. I mean it's kind of awkward when we see you looking at the thread but not posting... Very awkward... Stranger.

Socretin
February 25th, 2012, 08:50 PM
No. They are decided the old-fashioned way!

oh ok!

*passes BorkBot 20 dollars*

I think you'll make the right decision

BorkBot
February 25th, 2012, 09:05 PM
oh ok!

*passes BorkBot 20 dollars*

I think you'll make the right decision
You want to be the Thief so you can steal them back, don't you? I'm onto your scheme...

Nick
February 25th, 2012, 09:10 PM
NICK,

When you read this, know that the Thief now still has to open the crypt to win after he is converted to the Haunting. He just doesn't have to survive until the end. That rule was changed slightly.

Is this what you meant?

Win conditions:
1) If not converted, be one of the players who unseals the crypt and survive
2) If converted, be one of the players who unseals the crypt and survive if Sir Purigon is alive
3) If converted, be one of the players who unseals the crypt and doesn't need to survive to the end if Sir Purigon is dead

By the way, you just told everyone that I'm the thief.

Goremancer
February 25th, 2012, 09:13 PM
Good thing no thieves tried to steal from me. I would like to see them try... heh... After all the weapons you have were sold to you by me...

Oh yea Borky when you said you look like the GM does it mean you have massive sideburns?

McJesus
February 25th, 2012, 09:15 PM
All the cool kids are canadian

yes we are 8)

TheWaaagh
February 25th, 2012, 09:17 PM
Whoa, whoa, whoa. Waaagh, buddy, I haven't even done anything to you (yet) and you're already planning my death? Very well. You and Escaho are going down first. Troublesome recruit and dropship, I'll tear your pharynx out from your guts. While keeping you alive. Sound pleasant? :)

I might as well just come out and say it, as there's no point in denying it later on:

If Sumi dies night one, it was because of me.

Socretin
February 25th, 2012, 09:17 PM
You want to be the Thief so you can steal them back, don't you? I'm onto your scheme...

damn I was so close too

Nick
February 25th, 2012, 09:20 PM
This game might turn out having The Haunting losing early and turning their goal into ensuring nobody wins. Just saying.

What happened to my suggestion of making Zack etc. the scapegoat for RP and having Sir Purigon not killing Night 1? Nobody reads my post.

BorkBot
February 25th, 2012, 09:26 PM
Is this what you meant?

Win conditions:
1) If not converted, be one of the players who unseals the crypt and survive
2) If converted, be one of the players who unseals the crypt and survive if Sir Purigon is alive
3) If converted, be one of the players who unseals the crypt and doesn't need to survive to the end if Sir Purigon is dead
yes, yes, yes (although Sir Purigon may die after you die, as long as the Haunting wins without him surviving)

By the way, you just told everyone that I'm the thief.

No I didn't. I addressed you specifically because you asked a question about the same subject before, but DramaLlama suggested a change for balance which I'm fine with. My answer then was that no, the thief didn't need to loot the crypt after conversion. I felt the need to inform you that the rule was changed.

BorkBot
February 25th, 2012, 09:29 PM
Good thing no thieves tried to steal from me. I would like to see them try... heh... After all the weapons you have were sold to you by me...

Oh yea Borky when you said you look like the GM does it mean you have massive sideburns?
No, it means I have a full beard (though trimmed a bit) and long hair. I think the "massive sideburns" as you call them are meant to be a lock of hair falling over his sideburns.

DramaLlama
February 25th, 2012, 09:29 PM
I forgot this question and I think it will signify whether the haunting is too op or not.
(not trying to shit on your set up)

Can the haunting convert every night?

I realize that they have to kill 7 exorcists to win but..

Of the 13 exorcists at the start 3 are immune to conversion so they have to die.
That means they only have to kill 4 random exorcists and they can convert the rest.

This means they can convert 6 exorcists in a row (plus 3 neutrals) before they even have to consider killing.
Potential max size of 12..

Is there a limit to the max size of the haunting?

Also as I know it right now, The haunting can Kill AND convert in the same night...
This combined with the death knight killings...

Can the haunting convert and kill in the same night?

Idk when I add it all up it seems like the exorcists are fucked unless they get a good start.

If I can suggest making the cult chose between killing or converting each night I think it would help. Also putting a max size on the haunting.
Again I don't know everything you do, you put a lot of time into making this and I'm not trying to shit on the set up.

BorkBot
February 25th, 2012, 09:31 PM
This game might turn out having The Haunting losing early and turning their goal into ensuring nobody wins. Just saying.

What happened to my suggestion of making Zack etc. the scapegoat for RP and having Sir Purigon not killing Night 1? Nobody reads my post.

No Zacks were harmed in the making of this game. And Sir Purigon can kill if he likes, it's a choice.

BorkBot
February 25th, 2012, 09:34 PM
I forgot this question and I think it will signify whether the haunting is too op or not.
(not trying to shit on your set up)

Can the haunting convert every night?

I realize that they have to kill 7 exorcists to win but..

Of the 13 exorcists at the start 3 are immune to conversion so they have to die.
That means they only have to kill 4 random exorcists and they can convert the rest.

This means they can convert 6 exorcists in a row (plus 3 neutrals) before they even have to consider killing.
Potential max size of 12..
There can be a conversion each night. Killing instead can be a tactical choice. If the Valet finds the cleric, the paladin or the diviner on night 1 for example, they might choose to remove that obstacle as soon as possible.

Is there a limit to the max size of the haunting?

No.

Also as I know it right now, The haunting can Kill AND convert in the same night...
This combined with the death knight killings...

Can the haunting convert and kill in the same night?

The answer to this can be found in the Haunting mechanics bit above their rolecards. No, conversion and killing can't take place on the same night.

McJesus
February 25th, 2012, 09:35 PM
I was the first one who asked about the thief opening the crypt if he gets converted, so clearly I am the real thief!

Other random question: If the Paladin tries to smite the death night (assuming he is not a member of the haunting yet) will he be attacked or roleblocked?

Socretin
February 25th, 2012, 09:37 PM
Can the death knight be converted?

BorkBot
February 25th, 2012, 09:41 PM

How so? If The Haunting loses early, the Exorcists win. Most peope seem to think the Haunting will have it easy no matter what. I'm glad to see someone noticed that things might go very differently. We'll see how it turns out.

BorkBot
February 25th, 2012, 09:42 PM
Can the death knight be converted?
No, he is immune.

Other random question: If the Paladin tries to smite the death night (assuming he is not a member of the haunting yet) will he be attacked or roleblocked?
Smart man. I was wondering when someone would spot that. The Death Knight is not a member of the haunting, so he will be roleblocked.

Nick
February 25th, 2012, 09:46 PM
Another thing. For Amnesiac who is one of the players who unseals the crypt. Later became a thief. What will happen?

The me being thief thingy is a joke.

McJesus
February 25th, 2012, 09:50 PM
Technically the death knight isn't an evil neutral in this game since he can win with town!

BorkBot
February 25th, 2012, 09:51 PM
Another thing. For Amnesiac who is one of the players who unseals the crypt. Later became a thief. What will happen?

The me being thief thingy is a joke.
He will choose to lose the game (why take thief when the crypt is open anyway? There are no benefits)

Socretin
February 25th, 2012, 09:52 PM
I think he meant if the Amnesiac already helped opened the crypt earlier

Nick
February 25th, 2012, 09:53 PM
How so? If The Haunting loses early, the Exorcists win. Most peope seem to think the Haunting will have it easy no matter what. I'm glad to see someone noticed that things might go very differently. We'll see how it turns out.

Maybe I phrased it wrongly.

What I meant was if The Haunting "cannot win anymore", the game will not end until the Exorcists achieve their win conditions or Exorcists are eliminated?

Main question was when is considered GAME END?

BorkBot
February 25th, 2012, 10:00 PM
Maybe I phrased it wrongly.

What I meant was if The Haunting "cannot win anymore", the game will not end until the Exorcists achieve their win conditions or Exorcists are eliminated?

Main question was when is considered GAME END?
Even if the Haunting has no night kills and no conversions, they can still win by lynching Exorcists or having the Death Knight side with them. There is no situation in which they can't win anymore if they still have members. If they think it's pointless and want to give up, they can suicide.

Nick
February 25th, 2012, 10:14 PM
Even if the Haunting has no night kills and no conversions, they can still win by lynching Exorcists or having the Death Knight side with them. There is no situation in which they can't win anymore if they still have members. If they think it's pointless and want to give up, they can suicide.

Very unlikely to happen not to have 4 other Exorcist dead. I think I can lay this to rest.

BorkBot
February 25th, 2012, 10:21 PM
Very unlikely to happen not to have 4 other Exorcist dead. I think I can lay this to rest.
Ah, I see what you're getting at now. They could keep converting players until there isn't anyone left to win. Yes, that can happen but it probably won't. Archangel isn't playing.

Azeryuu
February 25th, 2012, 10:57 PM
Can a single player activate the 3 keys to open the crypt?

BorkBot
February 25th, 2012, 11:07 PM
Can a single player activate the 3 keys to open the crypt?
Yes

Azeryuu
February 25th, 2012, 11:12 PM
Awesome, can't wait for the game to start...just 16 more hours

Deathfire123
February 25th, 2012, 11:28 PM
I AM GOD! WORSHIP YOUR MASTER!

Sumikoko
February 25th, 2012, 11:42 PM
I might as well just come out and say it, as there's no point in denying it later on:If Sumi dies night one, it was because of me.... By the time I'm done with you, your organs are going to be so grounded, coffee takes a look at them and goes, "Daaang..."

Nick
February 26th, 2012, 12:05 AM
Awesome, can't wait for the game to start...just 16 more hours

Only if you are The Haunting. At least you get to chat.

For the rest of the power roles, it's random.org time.

If you are an acolyte. Well...

Fragos
February 26th, 2012, 12:11 AM
Well, I wish everyone good luck! In my PoV, The Haunting has an advantage, but not as big as Rayor's Raiders had.

TheWaaagh
February 26th, 2012, 01:48 AM
Blah blah blah, I can't wait to die.

Fair enough.

Nick
February 26th, 2012, 02:00 AM
Well, I wish everyone good luck! In my PoV, The Haunting has an advantage, but not as big as Rayor's Raiders had.

You might still not win if Sir Purigon is alive and you are dead (as The Haunting).

CmG
February 26th, 2012, 05:47 AM
NEvertheless i fear all those gays trying to get recruited without showing any shame. Thats what i hate about cult games.

If the Banshee hmpf ffmfhomf does the Paladin then mbvbgbfbfbfb?

Also Purigon is the one with the most easy win chance if played right. HE IS GOD! Not hentaifire666 or maybe he is but the odds are bad

CmG
February 26th, 2012, 05:49 AM
inb4 Purigon kills a player who is still alive in FM10!

CmG
February 26th, 2012, 05:51 AM
Lol at all those Canadians in here. My smurf is Canadian as well!

CmG
February 26th, 2012, 06:12 AM
Hmm. after rereading my postings i really hope i roll something with night immunity lololol. Kids thats how a Vet is played Day 1! xD

Nick
February 26th, 2012, 06:36 AM
Also Purigon is the one with the most easy win chance if played right.

I concur.

Hi! I'm Sir Purigon. I don't know who to kill. Vote whom you want me to kill tonight!

Lynch Tally

Socretin (1): Luna

Death Tally

Sumikoko (1): TheWaaagh

BorkBot
February 26th, 2012, 08:18 AM
Only if you are The Haunting. At least you get to chat.

For the rest of the power roles, it's random.org time.

If you are an acolyte. Well...

There be riddles!

Azeryuu
February 26th, 2012, 09:06 AM
Invisi for the win!!

Fragos
February 26th, 2012, 09:24 AM
Do you like riddles?

Then can you decipher this riddle?

19 20 1 15 9 14 18 19

wolfcheese
February 26th, 2012, 10:01 AM
Do you like riddles?

Then can you decipher this riddle?

19 20 1 15 9 14 18 19
19 = s
20 = p
1 = a
15 = n
9 = d
14 = e
18 = x
Therefore it's clearly "spandexs"

Luna
February 26th, 2012, 10:17 AM
I concur.

Hi! I'm Sir Purigon. I don't know who to kill. Vote whom you want me to kill tonight!

Lynch Tally

Socretin (1): Luna

Death Tally

Sumikoko (1): TheWaaagh

I seem to remember that Socretin was my Team Rocket ally, not the person I want to lynch :(

-lynch Azeryuu

CmG
February 26th, 2012, 10:31 AM
hurr this day so strooong.

jimbobicus
February 26th, 2012, 11:30 AM
-vote everyone

Mass extermination

Goremancer
February 26th, 2012, 12:04 PM
I'm so bored :/ oh well I'm going afk. Today is the last day of vacation for me. Hmmmm I had a lot of hw to catch up but I haven't done a single one of them yet. OH WELL W.E TIME FOR D&D.

Azeryuu
February 26th, 2012, 12:16 PM
I seem to remember that Socretin was my Team Rocket ally, not the person I want to lynch :(

-lynch Azeryuu

Why me? I haven't done anything, yet.

Luna
February 26th, 2012, 12:31 PM
Azeryuu, join me and together we can rule the galaxy... er game.

Well I guess night will be arriving soon, so farewell everyone, and beware for things that go bump in the night, mwahahahahahaha!

(for every post I make in this game, you should imagine me holding a torch underneath my chin whilst we sit around a bonfire)

Azeryuu
February 26th, 2012, 12:38 PM
Um, your chin is on fire O.O

CmG
February 26th, 2012, 12:58 PM
the black witch burns herself the irony.. Jack approves!

Bitch slapping any1?

Rocshi
February 26th, 2012, 01:03 PM
I had all British camp counselors. I can translate.

Torch=flashlight.

Socretin
February 26th, 2012, 01:19 PM
just over an hour and a half remaining. The sun is beginning to set......

Nick
February 26th, 2012, 01:22 PM
The sun is going to rise over here. And yes. I'm not sleeping. Insomnia.

CmG
February 26th, 2012, 01:27 PM
huh? where are you living?

McJesus
February 26th, 2012, 01:32 PM
Only an hour and a half until we all get our roles!

Deathfire123
February 26th, 2012, 01:43 PM
I'm so excited

CmG
February 26th, 2012, 01:46 PM
as excited as when you watch some hentai Mr hongfire666 xD. I m gonna die N1 i know it lulz

DramaLlama
February 26th, 2012, 01:47 PM
I am going to shit my pants