3. Who to blackmail and with what?
4. Who to rob?
5. What will their power roles do?

Thinking time.

fm TheWaaagh
February 24th, 2012, 04:39 PM
BLACKMAILER 6.0

Okay this is what I have so far.

I blackmail Rumpel to target Ganondorf's target.

This relies on two things.
1. That Ganondorf is the bodyguard.
2. That Rumpel is the vigilante
3. That I guess Ganondorf's target correctly.

If all of the above works out, then Rumpel shoots at say Narks, but Gan steps between them and shoots Rumpel while being shot in the process.
End result being:
- bodyguard and vigilante both dead.

If one of the above points is not correct then something else can occur.
The most likely scenarios are all harmless however, and at worst nobody dies and Rumpel is simply roleblocked from doing his normal thing.

I am keen to make Narks the target here. He needs to be taken care of but I can't risk mafia to do it.

fm TheWaaagh
February 24th, 2012, 05:05 PM
So there are really three things, and Narks only dies if nobody is protecting him.

fm TheWaaagh
February 25th, 2012, 12:46 AM
-send boots to kill fm Procyon

-send Guardian to steal from fm Plato

Forum Mafia GM
February 25th, 2012, 03:40 PM
So modkills have taken place, you now have 2 new mafia in your team. Roles will remain the same and nothing was deleted, they jump in where the others left off.. so they have all the items they had before hand and all the PMs as well.

Good luck to all of you.

fm TheWaaagh
February 25th, 2012, 04:05 PM
Welcome!

fm Guardian
February 25th, 2012, 09:12 PM
Salutations from the road! I am traveling currently and using my phone (therefore I am at a disadvantage when posting) but I will be back to using my regular computer Monday.

Keep posting your thoughts though. While I won't be contributing a ton I will still be reading everything and will contribute to the discussion.

fm TheWaaagh
February 25th, 2012, 09:26 PM
Who were you previously?

fm Guardian
February 25th, 2012, 09:43 PM
Now let's get down to business. Seeing as I was a lynch target yesterday and this account has six posts, I'm thinking I'm going to claim that I was mod-killed yesterday. People will obviously accuse me of being mafia as soon as they see my post count, but I will try to use that fact to suggest I have been rerolled and am now town.

With that said, the chances of me being able to successfully defend myself are slim to none. The town is incredibly lynch happy and I do not have anything substantial to defend myself with. Therefore I need to distance myself from you guys as much as possible. Here is my plan:

1. Claim to be mod-killed early (potentially after I am first mentioned).
2. Claim role relatively quickly after pressured (suggestions?)
3. Talk about how I have taken notes but do not have access to them currently.

After these steps we should sit back and see the towns reaction (Waaag/Oops I don't want you to post at all while I am going through these steps). If the town still tries to lynch me, I want you to pretend you just finished reading the thread and become one of the strongest supporters for my lynch (say that you had me as scum when you were Oops but wanted to target Elixir/Fred/n00b). If the town believes me or doubts me and doesn't pursue a lynch talk about how you still think I am scummy. Basically you need to maintain and reaffirm the trust the town has in you from when you were Oops. Based on the previous day's developments I am a town target and we cannot have you defending me.

We can go more in-depth on this plan tomorrow. In the meantime, any suggestions for night actions?

fm Guardian
February 25th, 2012, 09:45 PM
Who were you previously?

This is my first role.

fm TheWaaagh
February 25th, 2012, 09:49 PM
This is my first role.

Okay. What's your forum name?

fm Guardian
February 25th, 2012, 09:50 PM
By the way, Waaag, what exactly is your role?

fm TheWaaagh
February 25th, 2012, 09:51 PM
By the way, Waaag, what exactly is your role?

I am a blackmailer.

fm Guardian
February 25th, 2012, 09:51 PM
Okay. What's your forum name?

Trust me, it is irrelevant.

fm Guardian
February 25th, 2012, 09:54 PM
Anyways, what do you think of he plan?who shall I steal from? You being a blackmailer is very helpful. We will have to come up with a very good blackmail though if we are going to have a chance of winning this.

fm TheWaaagh
February 25th, 2012, 09:58 PM
I agree mostly with what you've said, and I certainly agree that you need to claim modkilled.

vornskr is the jailor. I had intended on making a fake PE role-claim utilizing that information as a basis, but you are probably in more imminent danger than me. If you agree, we could construct the fake PMs and investigation results together in a separate thread, and you could use it in the event that you amass sufficient votes that it's a CLAIM SOMETHING OR DIE situation. You are a target but you are not the only target. fm Muso barely escaped with his life yesterday too.

I think you should hold off from claiming for as long as you can, because naturally were you actually Town you would want to conceal your role. I would avoid 3 all together. 3 is something scum say all the time.

fm TheWaaagh
February 25th, 2012, 10:00 PM
Trust me, it is irrelevant.

No, it's not.

Even if you don't want to tell me, the town will demand you provide them with an identity tomorrow, because they're still hellbent looking for who the Arsonist disguised as.

fm TheWaaagh
February 25th, 2012, 10:00 PM
Anyways, what do you think of he plan?who shall I steal from? You being a blackmailer is very helpful. We will have to come up with a very good blackmail though if we are going to have a chance of winning this.

I had listed all my plans already at the beginning of this thread.

Have you read them?

fm Guardian
February 25th, 2012, 10:04 PM
I am thinking we could use the blackmailed person to attack you. Have him claim PE or something and say you visited whoever we attack. The town would probably figure out our target was blackmailed, which would further improve your reputation with the town (you could mention how he mafia is still trying to get you even after you have been reincarnated).

fm TheWaaagh
February 25th, 2012, 10:09 PM
I am thinking we could use the blackmailed person to attack you. Have him claim PE or something and say you visited whoever we attack. The town would probably figure out our target was blackmailed, which would further improve your reputation with the town (you could mention how he mafia is still trying to get you even after you have been reincarnated).

It's not a bad plan, but there is always the chance it goes wrong and the town believes it and I die.

I blackmailed a target into roleclaiming yesterday and it didn't go to plan. He was ordered to claim vigilante which he did, but then in the same post he said he was joking and that he was actually the Sheriff. Apparently that's allowed. It's become evident it's extremely easy for targets to get out of those kind of blackmails, so now I intend to utilise blackmails that force night actions instead.

fm TheWaaagh
February 25th, 2012, 10:12 PM
Although those kind of plans have worked in previous games, this particular town seems particularly resistant to those specific kind of gambits. This mafia made a fake sheriff claim against Zane on day 3 which nobody believed and yet on day 5 Zana was lynched.

fm Guardian
February 25th, 2012, 10:15 PM
I had listed all my plans already at the beginning of this thread.

Have you read them?

Yea I did, my apologies. I just finished reading the entire Mafia thread and I thought for a moment those had been from the previous night. My COM identity is Dont Shoot Me, and this is my first Forum Mafia. Like I said, it was irrelevant. Don't worry though, I have been keeping up with this game. As for your blackmail target, I think we need to be defensive right now, not offensive, so using the blackmailed person to clear one of our names is probably our bet course of action.

fm Guardian
February 25th, 2012, 10:20 PM
Although those kind of plans have worked in previous games, this particular town seems particularly resistant to those specific kind of gambits. This mafia made a fake sheriff claim against Zane on day 3 which nobody believed and yet on day 5 Zana was lynched.

Day 3 was a blackout day, of course hey ignored he claim. Again, I guarantee the town will figure out that anyone we target is blackmail, so we might as well use that to our advantage. Have someone accuse you of being mafia using a seemingly legitimate claim that is actually flawed. Somewhat similar to what claw did day one but make the flaw nun more subtle. Use it on a semi-trusted town role (I am thinking Illidian, if he is even still alive).

fm TheWaaagh
February 25th, 2012, 10:26 PM
Yea I did, my apologies. I just finished reading the entire Mafia thread and I thought for a moment those had been from the previous night. My COM identity is Dont Shoot Me, and this is my first Forum Mafia. Like I said, it was irrelevant. Don't worry though, I have been keeping up with this game. As for your blackmail target, I think we need to be defensive right now, not offensive, so using the blackmailed person to clear one of our names is probably our bet course of action.

It's going to sound cliched but it's true. The best defense is offense.

There are a few players who Town will eventually demand answers or deaths from (including you). We have until they're all exposed to even the numbers. As time passes the net of confirmed town grows and grows and that poses the biggest threat to us.

There are players who think in a manner that will cause us to lose very quickly. We need to stop them. It is more important to stop them than it is to get power roles.

The situation as it currently stands is different from other mafia games. This mafia is extremely behind and our chances of winning are very poor. We need to take big risks in the hope of big payoffs. A conservative game will only lead to defeat.

It always sounds condescending when it's said, and it's not supposed to be, because it's said to everybody, but you need to be very careful for two reasons. One, it doesn't matter how much sc2 mafia you've played, if this is your first FM you may slipup without even realising. Two, because you're joining halfway through the game you may have an odd view of events that occurred earlier in the day. Town are often quite attuned to noticing this and it may draw unwanted attention to you.

My advise is to draft your messages but then read them very thoroughly each time before posting.

fm Guardian
February 25th, 2012, 10:29 PM
I agree mostly with what you've said, and I certainly agree that you need to claim modkilled.

vornskr is the jailor. I had intended on making a fake PE role-claim utilizing that information as a basis, but you are probably in more imminent danger than me. If you agree, we could construct the fake PMs and investigation results together in a separate thread, and you could use it in the event that you amass sufficient votes that it's a CLAIM SOMETHING OR DIE situation. You are a target but you are not the only target. fm Muso barely escaped with his life yesterday too.

I think you should hold off from claiming for as long as you can, because naturally were you actually Town you would want to conceal your role. I would avoid 3 all together. 3 is something scum say all the time.

We could do this, but it would mostly be up to you seeing as I am working off my phone.

fm TheWaaagh
February 25th, 2012, 10:32 PM
Day 3 was a blackout day, of course hey ignored he claim. Again, I guarantee the town will figure out that anyone we target is blackmail, so we might as well use that to our advantage. Have someone accuse you of being mafia using a seemingly legitimate claim that is actually flawed. Somewhat similar to what claw did day one but make the flaw nun more subtle. Use it on a semi-trusted town role (I am thinking Illidian, if he is even still alive).

At this stage of the game, dude, these ploys can no longer help us in the long run.

The confirmed town club is a select clique that we cannot penetrate.
They consist of
- 2 proven Masons
- 1 Mayor
- 1 jailor
- 1 Blacksmith

All of their identities are 100% confirmed as Town and there's nothing we can do about it. Do you see why your plan won't work against that? If it gets to the stage that there's 6 people left it doesn't matter that they thought you were Town before, they'll kill you anyway because they are 100% confirmed town and you're the only one who's not.

We are the killers here. With the exception of the Arsonist, nobody else is going to be hitting those confirmed Town roles. We have to kill and put as big a dent in that clique as swiftly as possible or it's gg.

fm Guardian
February 25th, 2012, 10:37 PM
It's going to sound cliched but it's true. The best defense is offense.

There are a few players who Town will eventually demand answers or deaths from (including you). We have until they're all exposed to even the numbers. As time passes the net of confirmed town grows and grows and that poses the biggest threat to us.

There are players who think in a manner that will cause us to lose very quickly. We need to stop them. It is more important to stop them than it is to get power roles.

The situation as it currently stands is different from other mafia games. This mafia is extremely behind and our chances of winning are very poor. We need to take big risks in the hope of big payoffs. A conservative game will only lead to defeat.

It always sounds condescending when it's said, and it's not supposed to be, because it's said to everybody, but you need to be very careful for two reasons. One, it doesn't matter how much sc2 mafia you've played, if this is your first FM you may slipup without even realising. Two, because you're joining halfway through the game you may have an odd view of events that occurred earlier in the day. Town are often quite attuned to noticing this and it may draw unwanted attention to you.

My advise is to draft your messages but then read them very thoroughly each time before posting.

I can assure you that I will handle myself fine.

You pointed out that the number of confirmed town is quickly growing, and state that we need to go on the offensive because of that. I disagree entirely. We need to disguise ourselves as confirmed town, and start turning the confirmed town against he unconfirmed. If we remain unconfirmed we will eventually be found no matter what. If we confirm one of us, the town will not target that person until all the unconfirmed town are dead. I strongly suggest you blackmail Illidian toclaim a power role and accuse you of being mafia. The town will fiure out he is blackmailed one way or another, and that will essentially confirm you as town in their eyes.

fm TheWaaagh
February 25th, 2012, 10:37 PM
I can assure you that I will handle myself fine.

You pointed out that the number of confirmed town is quickly growing, and state that we need to go on the offensive because of that. I disagree entirely. We need to disguise ourselves as confirmed town, and start turning the confirmed town against he unconfirmed. If we remain unconfirmed we will eventually be found no matter what. If we confirm one of us, the town will not target that person until all the unconfirmed town are dead. I strongly suggest you blackmail Illidian toclaim a power role and accuse you of being mafia. The town will fiure out he is blackmailed one way or another, and that will essentially confirm you as town in their eyes.

See my last post.

we will never be part of the confirmed town club.

fm Guardian
February 25th, 2012, 10:44 PM
See my last post.

we will never be part of the confirmed town club.

That is true but we will at least be suspected to be town, which is a big step above being any possible role. Whatever though, I can see you will not budge from your stance so I will not belabor he point. I would appreciate input from the rest of our mafia brethren on he matter however. Anyways my phone is dying and I need to be wwake in seven hours, so I am going to go to sleep. We can continue tomorrow.

fm TheWaaagh
February 25th, 2012, 10:45 PM
Day 3 was a blackout day, of course hey ignored he claim.

This is the point i was making. They decided it was a BS claim because it was made on blackout day, yet they later lynched the guy anyway.

That does not bode well for your plan.

fm TheWaaagh
February 25th, 2012, 10:52 PM
If I thought it was a sure-fire way of getting some heat off of us then I'd go for it, but I can see too many issues I'm sorry.

Even if it did go exactly as you planned, town would be unable to confirm that anybody had been BMed for a further 4 days til the target's ordeal was over and he revealed everything. During that time they'd be wondering what to do. God forbid they go for the shoot you to confirm him option. Then even if you somehow got through all of that, it still doesn't clear you from being the arsonist.

To be honest ost of them probably don't even think there's a blackmailer in play.

fm BlastYoBoots
February 25th, 2012, 11:37 PM
Why hello, so I replaced Goonswarm, I agree with sending me to be the killer

fm TheWaaagh
February 25th, 2012, 11:49 PM
Hello! Welcome to the gang.

Are you just joining the game? Or were you somebody previously too?

fm BlastYoBoots
February 26th, 2012, 12:20 AM
I was Deathfire. This is my third attempt at the game

fm TheWaaagh
February 26th, 2012, 12:26 AM
Glad to have you on the team.

fm BlastYoBoots
February 26th, 2012, 12:27 AM
What is our general plan on avoiding being lynched and any ideas on what we should claim?

fm TheWaaagh
February 26th, 2012, 12:35 AM
Well they can only lynch one of us at a time. I think we just need to make sure it's not us. Town tends to lynch people who do overtly suspicious things more often than people who just do nothing so as long as we don't make slipups our deaths may be delayed a little.

Claims are difficult because we need solid information to make them credible.

We do have 1 piece of solid info and that's that vornskr is the jailor. The only claim I can see that helping though is a PE claim. Do you have any ideas of other claims that could be used with? If we can discern roles through chat alone then we can pretend we have night information that we don't. That's the only way I can think to make credible claims.

I suppose we could work on a PE claim together and if any of us gets close to lynching the one under pressure could use it.

fm BlastYoBoots
February 26th, 2012, 12:40 AM
Well, Admiral is probably a citizen or a neutral role of some kind.

fm TheWaaagh
February 26th, 2012, 12:42 AM
Well, Admiral is probably a citizen or a neutral role of some kind.

How do you know?

The problem is if we're going to use it in a claim, we have to be certain enough that we're willing to risk our lives on it.

Unfortunately as well, citizen and neutral investigation results never end up in the same finding.

fm BlastYoBoots
February 26th, 2012, 12:45 AM
What is your reasoning behind Procyon, I think he would be a viable train to start on since he seems so scummy and hammered a citizen almost everyone believed to be one

fm TheWaaagh
February 26th, 2012, 12:48 AM
He claimed thief and it's almost confirmed.

fm TheWaaagh
February 26th, 2012, 12:57 AM
I suppose we could consider having the Dark Thief rob Procyon.

It says he gains whatever items the thief had. Does that mean all of them then?

fm TheWaaagh
February 26th, 2012, 04:02 AM
I will be around for a few more hours, but then I will be off to bed.

Don't forget to PM in your actions.

I recommend:

-send boots to kill fm Plato

-send Guardian to steal from fm Procyon

I swapped the actions around for the two of them.

fm Guardian
February 26th, 2012, 06:05 AM
Ok, I have regained conciousness. If you have a good reason to suspect that Procyon is thief then I definitely need to steal from him. I get all of the items he has if I do so.

fm TheWaaagh
February 26th, 2012, 06:42 AM
Ok, I have regained conciousness. If you have a good reason to suspect that Procyon is thief then I definitely need to steal from him. I get all of the items he has if I do so.

It's all in day chat. Procyon says he stole Jack's gun on night 3 then shot him with it on night 4. Jack confirms as much in the night 4 mafia chat.

Procyon is the thief.

fm Guardian
February 26th, 2012, 07:12 AM
It's all in day chat. Procyon says he stole Jack's gun on night 3 then shot him with it on night 4. Jack confirms as much in the night 4 mafia chat.

Procyon is the thief.

Well right now the town does not trust Procyon. He will no doubt inform the town that he has been robbed tomorrow, which will probably gain him more trust from the town. Do we want to let that happen? We could potentially blackmail him into not revealing that he has been robbed. Just something to think about.

fm Guardian
February 26th, 2012, 07:20 AM
Also, on the topic of the tailor this is my night 5 PM.

You stole JAIL KEYS from Vornskr. Lucky for you, someone was distracting him or you would have been thrown in jail today.

fm BlastYoBoots
February 26th, 2012, 10:50 AM
Well right now the town does not trust Procyon. He will no doubt inform the town that he has been robbed tomorrow, which will probably gain him more trust from the town. Do we want to let that happen? We could potentially blackmail him into not revealing that he has been robbed. Just something to think about.

This idea is great

I suggest:

-send BlastyoBoots to kill fm Plato
-send TheWaaagh to Blackmail Procyon not to reveal any of his PMs
-send Guardian to Steal from Procyon

fm BlastYoBoots
February 26th, 2012, 10:54 AM
This could be the exact command: "You are not allowed to reveal anything from PMs that you have received throughout the game. You are also not allowed to roleclaim, or say you cannot perform your night action as this follows the rule about revealing your PMs"

fm Guardian
February 26th, 2012, 10:58 AM
I don't know how complicated the GM would let us get with the blackmail, but If we could make him accuse Waaagh of being mafia while preventing him from revealing the fact that he was robbed we could achieve two desired outcomes with one blackmail.

fm Guardian
February 26th, 2012, 11:16 AM
Here is my idea. Make Procyon claim PE. We can then provide some fake instigation results that suggest certain people are specific roles (for example we hint that someone other than Vornskr is jailor, and do the same wih whoever we think is blacksmith). We also tell him he cannot reveal anything that Kay have actually happened to him at night. The actual blacksmith and jailor will reveal themselves to dispute Procyon's fake flaim, which will not only give us he blacksmith's identity but will also somewhat clear Waaagh's name (because it will appear that the mafia qttempted to get Waaagh lynched). Waaagh can mention how he mafia still finds him as a threat even after he died once, and he herefore will be able to regain his town leadership role. During qll this Procyon will be prevented from revealing to the town that he is actually a town thief that has been robbed. Thoughts?

fm Guardian
February 26th, 2012, 11:20 AM
Here is my idea. Make Procyon claim PE. We can then provide some fake investigation results that suggest certain people are specific roles that the town has already confirmed(for example we hint that someone other than Vornskr is jailor, and do the same wiht whoever we think is blacksmith). We also tell him he cannot reveal anything that may have actually happened to him at night. The actual blacksmith and jailor will reveal themselves to dispute Procyon's fake flaim, which will not only give us the blacksmith's identity but will also somewhat clear Waaagh's name (because it will appear that the mafia attempted to get Waaagh lynched). Waaagh can mention how the mafia still finds him as a threat even after he died once, and he therefore will be able to regain his town leadership role. During all this Procyon will be prevented from revealing to the town that he is actually a town thief that has been robbed. Thoughts?

Fixed typos and clarified a bit.

fm Guardian
February 26th, 2012, 11:55 AM
YoU MuSt cLaIm PrIvAtE eYe AnD aCcUsE Fm Waaagh oF bEiNg MaFiA. YoU cAnNoT rEvEaL yOuR aCtUaL rOlE oR sTaTe AnYtHiNg ThAt AcTuAlLy HaPpEnEd To YoU aT nIgHt. ThEsE aRe ThE pMs YoU mUsT qUoTe WhEn AnD oNlY wHeN yOu ArE aSkED.

(Insert PMs of night actions that town will later prove to be false)

YoU cAnNoT rEfErEnCe In wAy ThAt YoU hAvE bEeN bLaCkMaIlEd. YoU mUsT tRy To CoNvInCe EvErYoNe ThAt YoU aRe AcTiNg On YoUr OwN fReE wIlL

Here is a potential message we could send him.

fm BlastYoBoots
February 26th, 2012, 12:04 PM
I dont really like that plan. I think either the Rumpel onto Ganondorf's target plan or the blackmailing Procyon so he cant be thief are better plans

fm Guardian
February 26th, 2012, 12:09 PM
I dont really like that plan. I think either the Rumpel onto Ganondorf's target plan or the blackmailing Procyon so he cant be thief are better plans

The "blackmail Procyon so he doesn't reveal as theif" and the plan I just posted are on in the same. The difference is that the plan I just posted accomplishes lib more. Either way Procyon will not be revealing as theif.

Forum Mafia GM
February 26th, 2012, 12:30 PM
Night actions are locking guys... just start planning for day. chat will close near 1 hour from start of day.

fm Guardian
February 26th, 2012, 12:38 PM
Well here's to hoping Procyon doesn't reveal being robbed. Anyways I am assuming you read my post about my plan for day chat Boots? Just make sure you don't try to defend me when I am inevitably attacked. Still haven't decided on what role I will claim but will probably go with citizen seeing as that is he most likely town role to be re-rolled.

fm TheWaaagh
February 26th, 2012, 01:49 PM
Prycyon as a thief is largely harmless to us as he gains nothing by robbing the framer or the blackmailer.

fm TheWaaagh
February 26th, 2012, 01:56 PM
There was another potentially good reason for killing Plato. I blackmailed him yesterday and he will inevitably reveal this in his last will. The form that blackmail took will be drastically different to future ones, but will make them suspicious that their players are being blackmailed in similar ways and will confirm the presence of a blackmailer to the town.