2. Marshmallow Marshall - Lynched Day 1
3. Varcron - Lynched Day 2
4. ikarusdk
5. tutuu
6. scumbot5679
7. Vittae
8. bakermir
9. lol - Lynched Day 3
10. CRichardForumLies The Scarlet Letters (Nancy/Italiano Hydra)

White = Alive, Color = Dead with alignment reveal This list will be updated as game start to unfold.

Game will begin Friday 8:00 PM EST. Click here for reference. (https://www.tickcounter.com/countdown/4440932/my-countdown)

__

Link to Day 2 (https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php/51068-S-FM-353-Death-Nominations?p=991980#post991980)
Day 2 Nominations: CRichardForumLies; lol; Varcron
Link to Day 3 (https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php/51068-S-FM-353-Death-Nominations?p=992430#post992430)
Day 3 Nominations: lol; scumbot5679; tutuu
Link to Day 4 (https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php/51068-S-FM-353-Death-Nominations?p=992615#post992615)
Day 4 Nominations: tutuu; CRichardForumLies; MartinGG99

powerofdeath
September 14th, 2023, 04:34 PM
Role List:
Mafia
Mafia
Mafia
Town
Town
Town
Town
Town
Town
Town

Special Mechanics:
Game start on Day 1 like a normal day. The game is "nightless" where there are no mafia kills. It is impossible to skip days.
Unlike other games, once someone get voted out, they must nominate 3 different living players. It can be anybody you want. The next day ONLY those 3 players can be voted. The cycle repeat until the game end.
Mafia will share a chat with each others 24/7.
The game thread will be locked after the flip, and reopened once they nominate 3 players. This will count as "breaks" between day cycles.
Day Cycles are 24 hours. It will last 24 hours no matter what. Votes are not locked until the end of 24 hours cycle.
IN AN EVENT OF A TIE, the person who is first of the tied players in the list of 3 names will die. Make sure when making a list to put them in order in consideration of this. Ties on Day 1 will extend until the first moment the tie get broken.

Rules:
No editing, no deleting posts
No videos
Cannot mention anything at all from your DMs with the host. This may result in a modkill depend on severity.
If you have questions, ask in GREEN TEXT and I will answer them, or ask via DMs
You must have discord to play. Add me powerofdeath#0997.
No cheating, contacting out of game, or playing against your win condition.
You must post at least five times every 24 hours. You will receive 1 warning, and will be replaced if this happen the second time. If you posted 0 times in 24 hours, its immediate replacement without warning. In an event of a replacement, I may extend day by 12 more hours.

RoleCards:
Mafia - Share a 24/7 chat with each others. If you are voted out, you may choose 3 living players of your choice to be eligible for votes the next day. Mafia may choose their teammates to be in the list for wifom purposes.
You may discuss the nominations after your death with your teammates, but once you submit your nominations, you will be removed from the chat.

Town - Power in votes. If you are voted out, you may choose 3 living players of your choice to be eligible for votes the next day.

Order of Operation/Feedbacks:
None

Win Condition:
Mafia - Win whenever a flip put Mafia in a 50% majority or more.
Town - Vote out ALL members of the MAFIA.

powerofdeath
September 15th, 2023, 02:48 PM
NOTICE!

For those who are new to the website, here is a quick tutorial on how to vote, how to view vote count, how to view ISOs, and how to view voting history. All you gotta do is click on this. (https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php/51032-S-FM-352-Silent-Night-2?p=988728#post988728)

NOTICE!

If you have further questions related to this, please do not hesistate to contact me on discord (https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php/51032-S-FM-352-Silent-Night-2?p=988728#post988728)

https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php/51032-S-FM-352-Silent-Night-2?p=988728#post988728

NOTICE!

YOUR VOTES WILL NOT COUNT UNLESS YOU USE PROPER VOTE TAGS. YOU MUST USE EXACT FULL USERNAME FOR THE BOT TO REGISTER YOUR VOTES (https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php/51032-S-FM-352-Silent-Night-2?p=988728#post988728)

powerofdeath
September 15th, 2023, 06:00 PM
Day 1 has begun!

Reminder that Day 1 will only last for 24 hours. You may vote anyone you want. The person with most votes at the end of the day will die, and they will nominate 3 players for you to vote between on Day 2.

Day 1 end on Saturday, 9:00 PM EST. Click here for reference to when Day 1 end. (https://www.tickcounter.com/countdown/4454772/my-countdown)

If you have any questions, do not hesitate to DMs me on Discord or via the website. If you want anything answered publicly in this thread, please ask your question in GREEN COLOR.

bakermir
September 15th, 2023, 06:01 PM
first

bakermir
September 15th, 2023, 06:01 PM
im mafia
glgl

bakermir
September 15th, 2023, 06:02 PM
MartinGG99

I have a good reason

tutuu
September 15th, 2023, 06:03 PM
hi

tutuu
September 15th, 2023, 06:04 PM
37th town rand in a row

bakermir
September 15th, 2023, 06:04 PM
Reminder: Day phase lasts 24 hours!!

MartinGG99
Marshmallow Marshall
Varcron
ikarusdk
tutuu
scumbot5679
Vittae
lol
The Scarlet Letters

tutuu
September 15th, 2023, 06:05 PM
i wanma change my avatar is that allowed in ongoing gaem

tutuu
September 15th, 2023, 06:05 PM
Wait what

bakermir
September 15th, 2023, 06:07 PM
37th town rand in a row

Why are you so good ;)

bakermir
September 15th, 2023, 06:07 PM
i wanma change my avatar is that allowed in ongoing gaem

yeah

bakermir
September 15th, 2023, 06:11 PM
Are ya winning son?

bakermir
September 15th, 2023, 06:11 PM
Yes dad!

MartinGG99
September 15th, 2023, 06:12 PM
I may have forgotten that day phases are 24 hours and that totally bodes well for my day-to-day activity in a busy weekend.

I should be fine, though it may be some level of wise to have me to do the first nomination if everyone goes crazy with the posting.

MartinGG99
September 15th, 2023, 06:13 PM

MartinGG99
Marshmallow Marshall
Varcron
ikarusdk
tutuu
scumbot5679
Vittae
lol
The Scarlet Letters

smh I get pinged by the host about gamestart and then I get pinged by bakermir via site

when will this suffering ever end

bakermir

bakermir
September 15th, 2023, 06:14 PM
Rules:

No videos

what a lame rule

bakermir
September 15th, 2023, 06:15 PM
smh I get pinged by the host about gamestart and then I get pinged by bakermir via site

when will this suffering ever end

bakermir

I couldn't wait to hear from you. Forgive my impatience!!!

MartinGG99
September 15th, 2023, 06:18 PM
I wonder how many people signed up or reserved not realizing its 24 hours.

Its very rare for our site to have that lol, and despite me reading the setup a while back I still managed to forget it.

bakermir
September 15th, 2023, 06:18 PM
All I need is Martin's keen mind, tutuu's charts and my intuition.

It's so over.

bakermir
September 15th, 2023, 06:20 PM

Its very rare for our site to have that lol, and despite me reading the setup a while back I still managed to forget it.

I haven't played a 24/0 in ages.

I know someone that is good at these lol

powerofdeath
September 15th, 2023, 06:23 PM
Rules have been updated. Lumi brought my attention that the site’s rule require players to post 5 times per day cycle(upped from my requirement of 1 post per day cycle)

bakermir
September 15th, 2023, 06:24 PM
Rules have been updated. Lumi brought my attention that the site’s rule require players to post 5 times per day cycle(upped from my requirement of 1 post per day cycle)

Say hi to Lumi

MartinGG99
September 15th, 2023, 06:26 PM
Thinking it through, on the plus side at worst our pain and suffering lasts only seven days.

Day 3 will be terrible for me though. I may have to be there for like a few short hours early into it and then dip till close to EoD.

bakermir
September 15th, 2023, 06:30 PM
Thinking it through, on the plus side at worst our pain and suffering lasts only seven days.

Day 3 will be terrible for me though. I may have to be there for like a few short hours early into it and then dip till close to EoD.

That's not too bad.

We get a lot of time for a pelt.

bakermir
September 15th, 2023, 06:31 PM

meanwhile rest of the players in this game

ikarusdk
September 15th, 2023, 06:31 PM
Well discord js bugged for me so I don't know my card till I get it fixed.

Varcron
September 15th, 2023, 06:33 PM
I like trains

Heading out soon but once I get home I'll be present

bakermir
September 15th, 2023, 06:34 PM
Well discord js bugged for me so I don't know my card till I get it fixed.

I am sure you weren't supposed to post this lol

ikarusdk
September 15th, 2023, 06:37 PM
I am sure you weren't supposed to post this lol

oops.. mb. anyway sorted. it was my phone discord having an issue.

bakermir
September 15th, 2023, 06:38 PM
I think that should have been sent via private message to host -_-

We used to receive rolecards both on forum and discord btw. What happened to that tradition?

Varcron
September 15th, 2023, 06:41 PM
bakermir

how have you been you been?????? been awhile

bakermir
September 15th, 2023, 06:45 PM
bakermir

how have you been you been?????? been awhile

I was on a pilgrimage to complete my training, senpai.

bakermir
September 15th, 2023, 06:46 PM
What are you having for tonight Varcron?

I have been having a lot of Jaegers lately

bakermir
September 15th, 2023, 06:51 PM
Not having a max postcap feels good

bakermir
September 15th, 2023, 06:54 PM
My school starts in two weeks. Freshman 8)

bakermir
September 15th, 2023, 06:56 PM
Play a pub in Dota 2 or make more posts in S-FM 353: Death Nominations

bakermir
September 15th, 2023, 06:59 PM
There is a good chance 1 mafia posted in the thread so far.

bakermir
September 15th, 2023, 07:01 PM
But if we take everyone as town

Mafia
Mafia d4
Mafia d3
Town d2
Town d1

Town (ikarus)
Town (varcron)
Town (martin)
Town (tutuu)
Town (baker)

We always eliminate a mafia by D4 even if one of the posters is mafia.

If there are two ore more posters from mafia then town loses.

bakermir
September 15th, 2023, 07:02 PM
This game is easy

bakermir
September 15th, 2023, 07:03 PM
Oops I made a mistake!!

MartinGG99
September 15th, 2023, 07:08 PM
I think that should have been sent via private message to host -_-

We used to receive rolecards both on forum and discord btw. What happened to that tradition?

I used to do either, not both in a single game

nowadays p much on discord since hosts have to know the discords of every player and discord hubs for (all) players are more common

bakermir
September 15th, 2023, 07:09 PM
actually no. I was right.

D1 6v3 - eliminated town - worst scenario
D2 5v3 - eliminated town - worst scenario
D3 4v3 - eliminated town - worst scenario
D4 4v2 - guaranteed mafia elimination unless there are two or more mafia in: baker, tutuu, martin, ikarus and varcron. If mafia=0 or =1 then this will work.
D5 3v2 - If mafia nominates all 3 town - this will be guaranteed town elim. This will be very risky for mafia to do, but it still doesn't lose them the game with 1(t)v2(m) on the chopping board.

bakermir
September 15th, 2023, 07:11 PM

nowadays p much on discord since hosts have to know the discords of every player and discord hubs for (all) players are more common

Receiving your rolecard via pm is aesthetically pleasing tho

bakermir
September 15th, 2023, 07:17 PM
In other words; 5 townies finds each other = game will be over for mafia

bakermir
September 15th, 2023, 07:19 PM
There won't be room for 3rd mafia in any towncore. I think we will have fairly good chances to catch one before D4 lylo

Two mafia can slide in though, we need to be careful here. 2 is the losing number

bakermir
September 15th, 2023, 07:19 PM
Nya

bakermir
September 15th, 2023, 07:21 PM
Anyone reading Chainsaw Man?

bakermir
September 15th, 2023, 07:22 PM
Residents of Hell,

I will be your cook today.

bakermir
September 15th, 2023, 07:26 PM
https://i.ibb.co/gDfP3J1/fdvl.png

bakermir
September 15th, 2023, 07:33 PM
https://i.ibb.co/dPRCSvf/IMG-6140.gif

so far

bakermir
September 15th, 2023, 07:34 PM
I forgot how to post gifs nooooooooooooo

bakermir
September 15th, 2023, 07:36 PM
https://www.tickcounter.com/countdown/4454772/my-countdown

22 hours left.

bakermir
September 15th, 2023, 07:58 PM
Forum Mafia - The legendary long-form of Mafia. Good luck to you masochists who play this!

ikarusdk
September 15th, 2023, 08:54 PM
sorry guys if im not all present, i have my aviation flight test today so very busy. Will be around tomorrow much more.

MartinGG99
September 15th, 2023, 09:05 PM
sorry guys if im not all present, i have my aviation flight test today so very busy. Will be around tomorrow much more.

good luck!

tutuu
September 15th, 2023, 09:50 PM
Why are you so good ;)

https://media.tenor.com/KKzZmeWBm7wAAAAM/skill-issue.gif

tutuu
September 15th, 2023, 09:52 PM
I may have forgotten that day phases are 24 hours and that totally bodes well for my day-to-day activity in a busy weekend.

I should be fine, though it may be some level of wise to have me to do the first nomination if everyone goes crazy with the posting.

are u advocating for urself to get chopped?

tutuu
September 15th, 2023, 09:56 PM
My school starts in two weeks. Freshman 8)

pog, what are you studying?

tutuu
September 15th, 2023, 09:59 PM

i hate discord hubs im traumatized by boomer hosts on syndicate fucking them up

tutuu
September 15th, 2023, 10:01 PM
actually no. I was right.

D1 6v3 - eliminated town - worst scenario
D2 5v3 - eliminated town - worst scenario
D3 4v3 - eliminated town - worst scenario
D4 4v2 - guaranteed mafia elimination unless there are two or more mafia in: baker, tutuu, martin, ikarus and varcron. If mafia=0 or =1 then this will work.
D5 3v2 - If mafia nominates all 3 town - this will be guaranteed town elim. This will be very risky for mafia to do, but it still doesn't lose them the game with 1(t)v2(m) on the chopping board.

whats the point of putting in this effort based off the assumption that no more than 1 mafia had posted at the time you said so?

tutuu
September 15th, 2023, 10:03 PM
Receiving your rolecard via pm is aesthetically pleasing tho

gotta agree. when i see that notification bell and i see a beautiful colored name rolecard with picture and all - that just hits the spot

tutuu
September 15th, 2023, 10:04 PM
Nya

you told me that sc2 forum is about low post count quality over quantity. look how fol corrupted u

tutuu
September 15th, 2023, 10:10 PM
baker is probably town because he's excited to play the game

and i know he's not w/w with me, which he said he would enjoy playing

if he was wolfing against me would he have this much fun? idk maybe. i haven't seen him wolf. but gut says he doesn't know that i'm town

those arbitrary posts of his where he suggests arbitrary stuff like "no more than 1 wolf posted" and then thinking stuff further while accepting that his assumption to be right or him writing out strategies and stuff - i dont understand almost any of it but it's behavior he's shown as town. unless someone wants to tell me he mimics that as wolf perfectly - id say baker so far is representing a standard baker town game

scumbot5679
September 15th, 2023, 10:15 PM
this does sorta seem like a not his scumplay from last game but the hyper fluff posting is pretty annoying. I'm going to send in a vig shot and hope the mof forgets that im vanilla.

scumbot5679
September 15th, 2023, 10:25 PM
lol

you aren't funny

MartinGG99
September 15th, 2023, 10:44 PM
are u advocating for urself to get chopped?

sc2 d1's historically are not great or very productive (though that has changed a mild bit for the better over the past few years)

hence if we were ever concerned about an unproductive / unrevealing chop -- especially considering its only 24 hours, and future days will continue that -- it might be best to chop someone who's at risk of not producing much in future day phases and those who are more productive will have more to work with by EoD2

I don't advocate for my chop unless I have significant incentive/reasoning to do so, but I do tend to keep it under consideration from time to time.

MartinGG99
September 15th, 2023, 10:52 PM
My face-value impression is that this baker was different from the one he subbed into for me when I was hosting Mini Fooling Party (https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php/50996-S-FM-351-Mini-Fooling-Party).

I figure though there'll be some chance for error though in comparing the two. Ones much more mech-heavy than the other, and also can involve more speculation and reasoning than the other.

MartinGG99
September 15th, 2023, 10:56 PM
scumbot5679

Wiml
September 16th, 2023, 12:17 AM
Hey folks, it's been a minute since I last played a game here.

Lack of activity is already a pretty big concern here given the 24 hour phase lengths and some setup quirks I'll discuss later. I know this site's meta often has pretty unproductive D1s from my understanding but I'd urge people in this specific setup to really try to devote the time dig in as early as possible if they're able to.

(And yeah, that's hypocritical of me to say in my very first post but SoD was in the middle of the night for me so shush).

Wiml
September 16th, 2023, 12:21 AM
I very much have my pride on the line with winning this game.

Wiml
September 16th, 2023, 12:30 AM

Yeah, this is something that worried me a little but I ultimately hope and will assume that most people read the signup.

My bigger concern is that people signed up knowing it was a 24/0 but still have only the same few hours to devote every offline day as they would for a 48/24 due to commitments, leading to a game with nowhere near the amount of activity actually needed for the tasks that we need to accomplish in this setup.

Hence my early activity push which is something I'd also suggest others push for.

Wiml
September 16th, 2023, 12:43 AM

Mafia
Mafia d4
Mafia d3
Town d2
Town d1

Town (ikarus)
Town (varcron)
Town (martin)
Town (tutuu)
Town (baker)

Could you go into some more detail about what made you go down this train of thought?

Not this post itself but what thoughts made you actually want to make it in the first place.

Wiml
September 16th, 2023, 01:01 AM

if he was wolfing against me would he have this much fun? idk maybe. i haven't seen him wolf. but gut says he doesn't know that i'm town

those arbitrary posts of his where he suggests arbitrary stuff like "no more than 1 wolf posted" and then thinking stuff further while accepting that his assumption to be right or him writing out strategies and stuff - i dont understand almost any of it but it's behavior he's shown as town. unless someone wants to tell me he mimics that as wolf perfectly - id say baker so far is representing a standard baker town game

This makes sense and lines up pretty well with my initial impressions of Baker too. While far from clearing, I think his early WIM / excited attitude is a plus and he seems very different otoh to how I remember him playing the one recent time I've seen him in a game (as a wolf) although I'll need to refresh myself on that game later.

The bolded is appreciated since the weird/spammy posts were something I'd had some concerns with and learning that it's something that he does as town eases that concern.

Wiml
September 16th, 2023, 01:05 AM
@tuutuu how well do you know baker? Would you say you have a good read on them, meta-wise?

I've seen you in a game together before but I don't remember much about how you interacted otoh.

Wiml
September 16th, 2023, 01:05 AM
@tuutuu how well do you know baker? Would you say you have a good read on them, meta-wise?

I've seen you in a game together before but I don't remember much about how you interacted otoh.
tutuu whoops

Wiml
September 16th, 2023, 01:15 AM
bakermir mind linking some good / relevant games of yours as both alignments?

Don't link Mini Fooling Party please I don't really care about lost wolf games.

lol
September 16th, 2023, 01:25 AM
In other words; 5 townies finds each other = game will be over for mafia

big ask

best i can give you is 1

lol
September 16th, 2023, 01:29 AM
baker seems town that's all i got and agree with the masses

i caught some kinda flu yesterday hoping its not covid but there's about 80% chance it is

eating some limes with sugar then i'll sleep hopefully i can sleep it off a little and feel better

lol
September 16th, 2023, 01:32 AM
i will say though barker was really excited about being mafia with me too so there's an offchance baker just loves being mafia with everyone and will be excited regardless who he's with

Wiml
September 16th, 2023, 01:44 AM
The number of villagers that need to find each other is actually only 4, not 5, even if we assume that we always miselim the day after voting a wolf.

So basically, people just need to self clear and find three consensus confident and correct townreads. It's not at all a difficult setup to crack open if people are willing and able to put that effort in.

Wiml
September 16th, 2023, 01:44 AM
i will say though barker was really excited about being mafia with me too so there's an offchance baker just loves being mafia with everyone and will be excited regardless who he's with

Mind linking the game?

Wiml
September 16th, 2023, 01:55 AM
Wrt ikarus, I can verify that the mobile discord bug exists and I'm just going to take it at face value that he was posting without a role for those first couple of posts and completely disregard them from a gameplay perspective.

He's not somebody I expect to be difficult to read later on anyway, assuming he has the time to put good effort in when he returns.

tutuu
September 16th, 2023, 01:55 AM
I very much have my pride on the line with winning this game.

how come?

tutuu
September 16th, 2023, 01:59 AM
Yeah, this is something that worried me a little but I ultimately hope and will assume that most people read the signup.

My bigger concern is that people signed up knowing it was a 24/0 but still have only the same few hours to devote every offline day as they would for a 48/24 due to commitments, leading to a game with nowhere near the amount of activity actually needed for the tasks that we need to accomplish in this setup.

Hence my early activity push which is something I'd also suggest others push for.

yeah if we wanna win we gotta be active, ngl i didnt see day phases are 24h lmao, also not to be too pessimistic but im already feeling pessimistic. at least for day 1, we're almost halfway done and there's like nothing

tutuu
September 16th, 2023, 02:01 AM

i played a couple games with town him, never seen him wolf. i dont own his soul or anything and im not infallible but i think he's lookin towny here

tutuu
September 16th, 2023, 02:04 AM
so who's mafia guys?

(don't ask me, i'm the one asking the questions bish)

bakermir
September 16th, 2023, 02:48 AM
pog, what are you studying?

Economics :joy_nerd:

i hate discord hubs im traumatized by boomer hosts on syndicate fucking them up

LMAO

whats the point of putting in this effort based off the assumption that no more than 1 mafia had posted at the time you said so?

I was calculating out loud. I also have a tendency to break the player list into segments and figure out where to pay attention, analyzing potential pathways the setup has. Similar to what I do with postcount groupings on FoL, and it has been 100% successful so far, BUT! I am not yet proficient at fully utilizing it to my advantage -_-

you told me that sc2 forum is about low post count quality over quantity. look how fol corrupted u

I have caught the Nya pox.

It's so over.

I haven't played a game in which tutuu was Mafia, but she once mentioned how she snowed JaggedJimmyJay, which should serve as a good heads up for the rest of us. Now that I've planted the seeds of paranoia, I must admit tutuu hasn't done anything that would ping me yet. This particular post is more likely to come from town tutuu that I know. She is demonstrating good reasoning and progress in terms of how my icebreaker and rvs posts could be read. Another note on tutuu, she has always managed to make at least one post where she soulreads something about me and this time it might be this.

Her interactions with others match her town spirit i.e. questioning Martin's thoughts on being chopped and pointed out how polarized I am. While this alone may not be a strong indicator of their alignment, it is one of the metrics I will keep an eye on.

Wiml
September 16th, 2023, 02:51 AM
how come?

I very much have a stake in this game for selfish / personal reasons.

Partly due to the setup being nightless and partly due to feeling a tonne of self pressure to perform for longwinded reasons that I won't try to type out here atm.

To expand on the nightless bit: the tl;dr is that since there's not traditional nightkills in this game, there's no likely refuge in being removed from the game if the game is going poorly, even if as an individual you might be doing everything else right. So if the ship is sinking, anyone left alive (not already killed by town killpower) goes down with the ship and that is basically my worst nightmare scenario to be alive in during a mafia game. In fact, being alive in a losing endgame is probably THE nightmare scenario for me in almost any town game I play and in a setup like this that's way more likely than it otherwise would be.

Given that I almost always feel a personal direct responsibility for how well we do as a team, certainly at least for as long as I'm alive, there's absolutely no way that I'm allowing this game to become a sinking ship situation for as long as I'm alive. Hence why the pressure is on for me as a matter of pride (in addition to wanting to win for general reasons, obviously).

tutuu
September 16th, 2023, 02:53 AM
IVE BEEN TRYING SO HARD TO CHANGE MY AVATAR I THOUGHT SHIT'S BUGGED mfw there's profile picture AND avatar and those are 2 separate things

tutuu
September 16th, 2023, 02:56 AM
I very much have a stake in this game for selfish / personal reasons.

Partly due to the setup being nightless and partly due to feeling a tonne of self pressure to perform for longwinded reasons that I won't try to type out here atm.

To expand on the nightless bit: the tl;dr is that since there's not traditional nightkills in this game, there's no likely refuge in being removed from the game if the game is going poorly, even if as an individual you might be doing everything else right. So if the ship is sinking, anyone left alive (not already killed by town killpower) goes down with the ship and that is basically my worst nightmare scenario to be alive in during a mafia game. In fact, being alive in a losing endgame is probably THE nightmare scenario for me in almost any town game I play and in a setup like this that's way more likely than it otherwise would be.

Given that I almost always feel a personal direct responsibility for how well we do as a team, certainly at least for as long as I'm alive, there's absolutely no way that I'm allowing this game to become a sinking ship situation for as long as I'm alive. Hence why the pressure is on for me as a matter of pride (in addition to wanting to win for general reasons, obviously).

damn this person is out here to WIN i better step up my GAME

tutuu
September 16th, 2023, 02:57 AM
Economics :joy_nerd:

LMAO

I was calculating out loud. I also have a tendency to break the player list into segments and figure out where to pay attention, analyzing potential pathways the setup has. Similar to what I do with postcount groupings on FoL, and it has been 100% successful so far, BUT! I am not yet proficient at fully utilizing it to my advantage -_-

I have caught the Nya pox.

It's so over.

I haven't played a game in which tutuu was Mafia, but she once mentioned how she snowed JaggedJimmyJay, which should serve as a good heads up for the rest of us. Now that I've planted the seeds of paranoia, I must admit tutuu hasn't done anything that would ping me yet. This particular post is more likely to come from town tutuu that I know. She is demonstrating good reasoning and progress in terms of how my icebreaker and rvs posts could be read. Another note on tutuu, she has always managed to make at least one post where she soulreads something about me and this time it might be this.

Her interactions with others match her town spirit i.e. questioning Martin's thoughts on being chopped and pointed out how polarized I am. While this alone may not be a strong indicator of their alignment, it is one of the metrics I will keep an eye on.

hell yea we out here getting that bag baby calculate those fat stacks of cash $$$

Wiml
September 16th, 2023, 02:58 AM
i played a couple games with town him, never seen him wolf. i dont own his soul or anything and im not infallible but i think he's lookin towny here

Good to know, thanks.

Wiml
September 16th, 2023, 03:00 AM
baker seems town that's all i got and agree with the masses

i caught some kinda flu yesterday hoping its not covid but there's about 80% chance it is

eating some limes with sugar then i'll sleep hopefully i can sleep it off a little and feel better

I missed this earlier but I hope you get better soon!

Wiml
September 16th, 2023, 03:04 AM
Varcron

bakermir
September 16th, 2023, 03:08 AM
I don't advocate for my chop unless I have significant incentive/reasoning to do so, but I do tend to keep it under consideration from time to time.

I have to say I share the same sentiment. I will be active for the majority of the game, but if something happens that is going to take my FM time away, I would be willing to offer myself as a potential chop on next days. This might create some interesting discussions about thread controlled nominations. I mean, we can certainly discuss nominations in a general sense, but I don't think I need to elaborate further on the differences for post-flips and reading back the thread with new info.

My face-value impression is that this baker was different from the one he subbed into for me when I was hosting Mini Fooling Party (https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php/50996-S-FM-351-Mini-Fooling-Party).

I figure though there'll be some chance for error though in comparing the two. Ones much more mech-heavy than the other, and also can involve more speculation and reasoning than the other.

yeah :joy_cat:

I tend to be too polarized, and those who are familiar with me can quickly spot my tendencies. I am glad that I am easy to find as both alignments since I am quite mid at FM, and I will probably throw your game at FX. It would be so cool to win a game for once though...

bakermir
September 16th, 2023, 03:44 AM
I will be back later and attend to the remaining posts.

oh and I don't like being labeled as annoying; I believe that comment was somewhat unwarranted.

scumbot5679

Wiml
September 16th, 2023, 03:49 AM
sc2 d1's historically are not great or very productive (though that has changed a mild bit for the better over the past few years)

hence if we were ever concerned about an unproductive / unrevealing chop -- especially considering its only 24 hours, and future days will continue that -- it might be best to chop someone who's at risk of not producing much in future day phases and those who are more productive will have more to work with by EoD2

From what little I know about Martin as a player, the mentality of being pretty unphased about dying to town kp and being willing to do so if he thinks it benefits whatever team he's on is something that I buy him genuinely believing in even if I don't necessarily agree with what he's saying here.

It's also not something I'd expect Martin, who I believe is a pretty solid wolf, to necessarily be willing to offer out of the gate when it's likely that in most potential wolf teams in this lobby he would be likely to perceive himself as one of the stronger wolves and / or one of the most likely to survive to endgame and win out of almost any wolf team.

Given that aorn it's very likely that most of the wolves are concentrated in the less active players, the above seems especially apparent. It's hard to imagine a world where wolf-Martin expresses willingness to do if his partners were two people who were just likely to minpost, for example, due to the fact that he would likely be expected to follow through on that later into the game if pushed instead of vocally fighting to survive.

Tl;dr he's not really approaching the game in a way I'd expect from somebody I perceive to be a more endgame-focused wolf.

Plus, expressing willingness to die unprompted is >rand town in a vacuum as well.

Wiml
September 16th, 2023, 04:32 AM
bakermir tutuu MartinGG99 @anyone else who wants to lol

If y'all let me know when you're around we can chat about some stuff together and hopefully start generating some meaningful content.

I'll be back in a little while myself.

scumbot5679
September 16th, 2023, 04:42 AM
I don't really remember him hyperposting like that as scum or lulz claiming mafia. Both of those are 8 out of 10 times town though I prob own the game a reread.

Wiml
September 16th, 2023, 04:49 AM
Scumbot are you caught up? Going be be around for a bit?

scumbot5679
September 16th, 2023, 04:53 AM
i wanted to try to go back to bed b/c I'm having trouble sleeping and need to be "up" in a few hours but I can be around for a minute

Wiml
September 16th, 2023, 04:58 AM
i wanted to try to go back to bed b/c I'm having trouble sleeping and need to be "up" in a few hours but I can be around for a minute

I mean I was just wanting to ask you about your experience level + some past game links (not counting the lost wolf game) and then about your reads and where your head was at.

But, while I'd love to see more from you, I'm not ever going to ask you to disrupt your sleep or personal life for this game. We can chat later, no issues.

scumbot5679
September 16th, 2023, 05:02 AM
I will be back later and attend to the remaining posts.

oh and I don't like being labeled as annoying; I believe that comment was somewhat unwarranted.

scumbot5679
maybe. I have a long and storied history of not enjoying hyperposting/fluff posting but I do think there is a difference in saying this is annoying (which is what I said) and this PERSON is annoying (not what I said). But venge voting me b/c I "insulted" you really doesn't make me regret it.

scumbot5679
September 16th, 2023, 05:06 AM
naw, I have shit to do today so I may not be around much later so I'll spend some time. I've been playing mafia for awhile now.

Wiml
September 16th, 2023, 05:06 AM
maybe. I have a long and storied history of not enjoying hyperposting/fluff posting but I do think there is a difference in saying this is annoying (which is what I said) and this PERSON is annoying (not what I said). But venge voting me b/c I "insulted" you really doesn't make me regret it.

Doesn't make you regret it as in you think Baker is a wolf? Or are you saying that your vote on Baker is a policy vote?

Wiml
September 16th, 2023, 05:07 AM
naw, I have shit to do today so I may not be around much later so I'll spend some time. I've been playing mafia for awhile now.

Thanks. For reference, how long is a while? (In years)

Got any representative past games as both alignments that you could link?

Wiml
September 16th, 2023, 05:08 AM
Assuming you're not voted today, are you going to be more active on future days or is this the level of activity you're going to be at for the rest of the game?

Wiml
September 16th, 2023, 05:15 AM
Not me finding another excuse to procrastinate doing ISOs.

scumbot5679
September 16th, 2023, 05:21 AM
I'd say a good 14 or 15 years. I will not be posting any links, sorry. The game I played on this site is a pretty good representation of my play and Nancy Drew has played a few games with me.

scumbot5679
September 16th, 2023, 05:23 AM
I don't feel like I've been super inactive or anything today. I wasn't on earlier b/c my internet was down but even then I don't think I've been inactive.

scumbot5679
September 16th, 2023, 05:25 AM
Doesn't make you regret it as in you think Baker is a wolf? Or are you saying that your vote on Baker is a policy vote?

I think Bake is pretty likely town and I'm not voting him. I'm just annoyed that he's venge voting town and not hunting scum.

scumbot5679
September 16th, 2023, 05:32 AM
I don't really have any strong reads yet wich means all 3 scum are in

1. MartinGG99
2. Marshmallow Marshall
3. Varcron
4. ikarusdk
5. tutuu
7. Vittae
9. lol
10. The Scarlet Letters (Nancy/Italiano Hydra)

sorta just common sense but yeah thats where I'm at. Y tu?

Wiml
September 16th, 2023, 05:33 AM
I'd say a good 14 or 15 years. I will not be posting any links, sorry. The game I played on this site is a pretty good representation of my play and Nancy Drew has played a few games with me.

I mean if you're town then links would be extremely useful in trying to find you (especially if you're not going to be posting a lot as you're saying below) since the game you have on this site isn't really relevant meta for either alignment since you were a lost wolf.

What's your home community / the community where you played with Nancy Drew?

Wiml
September 16th, 2023, 05:37 AM
And yeah nvm on the you voting question I mixed up Baker voting you in my head and thought you were both crossvoting.

scumbot5679
September 16th, 2023, 05:42 AM
what do you mean? I was town in my last game on this site. I joined this site to get a fresh start and I rather replace out then have to post links. So I have things to do today, doesn't mean I'm going to be unavalible this game or be a lost poster. What is this nonsense?

Wiml
September 16th, 2023, 05:46 AM
I don't really have any strong reads yet wich means all 3 scum are in

1. MartinGG99
2. Marshmallow Marshall
3. Varcron
4. ikarusdk
5. tutuu
7. Vittae
9. lol
10. The Scarlet Letters (Nancy/Italiano Hydra)

sorta just common sense but yeah thats where I'm at. Y tu?

Do you not have any other reads outside of Baker, even weak ones? I feel like enough people (me, Tutuu, Martin) have posted enough readable content that I'd expect you to have at least something else if you're town.

I'll post reads more in depth later once I've done ISOs but the tl;dr is that I'm currently at something like:

Martin
Bakermir
Tutuu

lol
Ikarus/0 posters

Scumbot
Varcron

Tutuu I'm currently ISOing and Baker I need to review given their newer posts.

The thread's still at the stage where I feel like I'm having to get blood from a stone just to get anywhere though and my reads in both directions have a much lower confidence level than I'd like.

scumbot5679
September 16th, 2023, 05:47 AM
Plus, expressing willingness to die unprompted is >rand town in a vacuum as well.

I've always sorta of hated this argument though. I will often get scum read b/c I don't want to die as town. Eating an NK is fine but getting voted out as town is a waste. I mean, I can understand a little bit, so maybe it's just hubris on my part.

Wiml
September 16th, 2023, 05:48 AM
what do you mean? I was town in my last game on this site. I joined this site to get a fresh start and I rather replace out then have to post links. So I have things to do today, doesn't mean I'm going to be unavalible this game or be a lost poster. What is this nonsense?

Lmao please ignore me I've completely confused you and Bakermir in my head and I'm talking about their games instead.

scumbot5679
September 16th, 2023, 05:54 AM
Is your town read on tutu based on him saying that he randed town for the 37th time?

scumbot5679
September 16th, 2023, 05:58 AM
I think I could get on board the Varcoon scum read since he hasn't really done anything but a lot haven't done anything yet.

Wiml
September 16th, 2023, 05:59 AM
Lmao please ignore me I've completely confused you and Bakermir in my head and I'm talking about their games instead.

But OK ignoring that point:

The point still stands that I'd like to see a wolf game of yours, I'll check out the town game you played in later.

I think you're very mistaken in your interpretation of what I'm saying here and tbh I don't really remotely understand what you're actually getting at.

I'm not saying that you're going to be unavailable (I'm obviously just asking you for your availability, how can I even claim that you're not going to be available?) and I'm asking you for tools to solve you so that there's a better chance to actually get a good alignment read on you, especially if you're not going to be extremely active but true regardless of that.

Ultimately, people are often just willing to shrugvote / PoE lower posters. I'm literally asking you for the tools to try to find your alignment so that if you're town and continue not to post a lot as you had been up until that point that has a lower chance of happening and if you're mafia then obviously I also want to find you instead of just having you as a null. I also never called you a lost poster or anything of the sort.

Wiml
September 16th, 2023, 06:03 AM
I was basically under the impression that this was the only time I'd have to interact with you and then you were likely to dip and not return with ~5 posts total.

Obviously that impression was wrong and I'm very happy that it was wrong because more content is more content.

I didn't mean to offend you if I implied that I thought you weren't going to be active or anything of that sort.

Wiml
September 16th, 2023, 06:07 AM
I've always sorta of hated this argument though. I will often get scum read b/c I don't want to die as town. Eating an NK is fine but getting voted out as town is a waste. I mean, I can understand a little bit, so maybe it's just hubris on my part.

The opposite of what I said absolutely doesn't apply, yeah.

Willingness to die as Martin has expressed is >rand town.

Lack of willingness to die is NOT >rand scum and I would argue is almost always the better approach for villagers to play. I will basically never willingly let myself due to town killpower.

scumbot5679
September 16th, 2023, 06:09 AM
I'm not really a lurker and I wear my heart on my sleeve. This is just a difficult setup since the phases are so short. with that, back to bed!

Wiml
September 16th, 2023, 06:19 AM
Gn!

Wiml
September 16th, 2023, 06:47 AM
Is your town read on tutu based on him saying that he randed town for the 37th time?

I might go more into detail once I've finished my Tutuu ISO but to answer for this specific point:

I can vouch for the fact that Tutuu has been on an extremely long town streak due to seeing her play in passing a couple times recently on what I believe to be her home site and it being brought up as a topic there on multiple occasions but, no, I don't think the post saying "I'm on a 37 town streak" in of itself is towny.

That being said, I think the fact that that Tutuu has had this long town streak does amplify certain other townpoints in her favour (her seeing similar tonally and activity-wise to how I recall her play being in the games of hers I spectated, Baker's townread on her and his meta on her as someone who knows Tutuu much better than I do, mindmelding with her on a couple of early takes and funding her solving and questions to generally line up with my own, etc) which, with the context of her not having randed wolf in a very long time, seem much more difficult to fake for a potential wolf-Tutuu specifically than a player who has had a lot of recent wolf rands, for example.

Replicating your town meta, fooling players who know you well and faking convincing solving are in my opinion probably the three most difficult things to do as a wolf in general so a potential wolf-Tutuu coming into this game off such a ridiculously long town streak that I believe has been going for years and then going 3/3 with accomplishing those things on D1 is something that seems pretty unlikely for sure.

Wiml
September 16th, 2023, 06:57 AM
I think I could get on board the Varcoon scum read since he hasn't really done anything but a lot haven't done anything yet.

Varcron's only posted twice but his posts have been awkward in a way that comes off as self conscious and concerned about how others perceive him along with a total absence of an attempt to provide any game related content, hence my pressure vote there earlier and why I scumlean him.

He hasn't done a lot but at least in Varcron's case that seems pretty NAI and he's not been very active both times I've seen him play before (both as town PRs, the time I played with him and in KRC where he got modkilled for inactivity).

Wiml
September 16th, 2023, 08:17 AM
Baker if you get time, you talked about splitting the playerlist into groups in previous games earlier similarly to how you did earlier this phase - could you link a game where you did that for reference?

tutuu
September 16th, 2023, 08:22 AM

If y'all let me know when you're around we can chat about some stuff together and hopefully start generating some meaningful content.

well i dont got much to add at least at that time (havent read new posts), am a bit busy with uni

i skimmed the new posts and respectfully i dont wanna fully read everything at least not yet lmao but u can have a townread pat pat

if ur a wolf posting so much in a dead game like this u can have the win. Idk what im supposed to do. Theres no way i can convince myself to consider killing u when theres multiple 0 posting slots. My last two games were really rough

/Vote scumbot sheeping baker and martin i need to read how to vote but need to go out rn

tutuu
September 16th, 2023, 08:23 AM
im hungry i can wim it up in a few hours

Wiml
September 16th, 2023, 08:31 AM
Nominations are something that we really should be discussing but it's hard to even start there when literally 50% of the game is below the post minimum (only one player in that category having directly posted anything I'd consider to be game related content).

It's definitely going to be worthwhile for us to actually discuss these things and come to a consensus to encourage people to follow, though, since, for a variety of reasons, leaving ourselves solely at the mercy of the person we vote out (if they're town) to dictate our wagons for the following day without discussing it in public first isn't a remotely good idea.

Wiml
September 16th, 2023, 08:35 AM
You vote like this:

scumbot5679

The vote button is just to the right on the spoiler button on the text editor and looks like a box with a tick.

Wiml
September 16th, 2023, 08:43 AM
well i dont got much to add at least at that time (havent read new posts), am a bit busy with uni

i skimmed the new posts and respectfully i dont wanna fully read everything at least not yet lmao but u can have a townread pat pat

if ur a wolf posting so much in a dead game like this u can have the win. Idk what im supposed to do. Theres no way i can convince myself to consider killing u when theres multiple 0 posting slots. My last two games were really rough

/Vote scumbot sheeping baker and martin i need to read how to vote but need to go out rn

Lmao well I appreciate the vote of confidence.

Ultimately I feel sort of the same with regards to voting out active players with the current state of the thread. For as long as almost all of the posts in the game are made by the same small handful of people, it's extremely hard to justify voting off somebody who's actively contributing until more people show up and put in enough effort such that voting one of the higher posters out doesn't just gut the game of content entirely.

Wiml
September 16th, 2023, 08:52 AM
Ftr I don't think that either of Martin / Baker are seriously pushing Scumbot as much as their votes there are RVS but if I'm wrong they can correct me.

That being said, there's a few things that have genuinely concerned me about Scumbot's re-entrance into the thread, primarily the total lack of reads outside of Baker (and, just as importantly, ignoring me when I questioned him on it) as well as a treatment of me that felt pretty disingenuous (twisting my words into saying things I hadn't and taking the least charitable interpretation of things I was trying to say).

Wiml
September 16th, 2023, 08:55 AM
Oh and I was mildly pinged by the refusal to provide meta when asked.

It's far from a smoking gun as a standalone thing but I ask for meta pretty frequently and anecdotally I've noticed wolves tend to refuse providing me it noticeably more frequently than villagers do.

lol
September 16th, 2023, 09:03 AM
Mind linking the game?

It was an offhand comment in a different game if i remember, but i can link a game we had before that, baker went crazy and killed all the PR as fast as possible

https://www.fortressoflies.com/t/lackadaisy-fm-pick-your-poison-wolf-victory/5213

Click on the circle with the number 218 on it

Wiml
September 16th, 2023, 09:04 AM
I think Bake is pretty likely town and I'm not voting him. I'm just annoyed that he's venge voting town and not hunting scum.

I had scumbot not scumreading Baker here as probably the biggest town point in his favour assuming a t-Baker world given that he was completely in a position to push Baker hard if the latter was town.

But on reflection I think Baker is enough of a LHF / easy / non-controversial townread that there's a valid explanation that wolf-scumbot might just be afraid to push on a widely townread town-baker due to the potential backlash and on reflection I don't think that this warrants significant town points in scumbot's favour.

Wiml
September 16th, 2023, 09:04 AM
It was an offhand comment in a different game if i remember, but i can link a game we had before that, baker went crazy and killed all the PR as fast as possible

https://www.fortressoflies.com/t/lackadaisy-fm-pick-your-poison-wolf-victory/5213

Click on the circle with the number 218 on it

I'll have a look, thanks.

Wiml
September 16th, 2023, 09:06 AM
I haven't had the chance to read Scumbot's town game on this site thoroughly yet but I'm interested in thoughts from people who've played with him in the past on his alignment.

lol
September 16th, 2023, 09:11 AM
I missed this earlier but I hope you get better soon!

Thanks gotta work through the pain i feel FUCKED today but i'm hoping that's the worst of it i usually have really good health so nothing lasts more than a few days

This is 5 posts but since i feel generous i will continue reading PLEASE townlock me :BOOHOO::BOOHOO::BOOHOO::BOOHOO::BOOHOO:

lol
September 16th, 2023, 09:12 AM

Let's talk whats your scumgame and towngame like

lol
September 16th, 2023, 09:23 AM
Me personally as scum i have 2 modes: i either try to act outrageous to make people think i couldn't do it, i throw my partners under the bus a lot, and just try to put town into disarray, when i feel more rational i like to play the mediator or the guy who's wronged (like my townread is being killed and im crying about it too much) and try to get sympathy points

As a villager i'm usually less focused on the game, i work on reads but i usually struggle to explain them or keep my cards close to my chest and try to push them with little reasoning when it comes to the chaotic EoD. This game sadly i can't stay up till 3 in the morning nor do i see this game being particularily chaotic.

I feel wolves will try either to not stand out and hope town kills off the more standoff-ish players first or try to make a good impression early and try riding off that. Currently my eyes are on tutuu specifically since i see a lot of question that don't really go anywhere and more posts that LOOK like they are good but are empty. Vittae you seem like you're actually trying to lead and solve and baker doesn't seem particularily invested in trying too hard.

lol
September 16th, 2023, 09:25 AM
tutuu

realistically the best option is to kill someone who's unlikely to do be self-resolving and hope it's a jackpot
I'm not a realist nor can i tell apart from the various lowposters that well so i'm making this move

lol
September 16th, 2023, 09:29 AM
Another question is why you're more interested to talk to your townreads rather than your scumreads or null reads?

tutuu
September 16th, 2023, 09:41 AM
Ok im back my tongue is burning from jalapeno peppers, there are screaming kids right outside my hotel room that i wanna unleash a friendly pitbull named "Princess" at, and im ready to lose yet another mafia game

tutuu
September 16th, 2023, 09:42 AM

What do u wanna talk about?

tutuu
September 16th, 2023, 09:43 AM
Do you not have any other reads outside of Baker, even weak ones? I feel like enough people (me, Tutuu, Martin) have posted enough readable content that I'd expect you to have at least something else if you're town.

I'll post reads more in depth later once I've done ISOs but the tl;dr is that I'm currently at something like:

Martin
Bakermir
Tutuu

lol
Ikarus/0 posters

Scumbot
Varcron

Tutuu I'm currently ISOing and Baker I need to review given their newer posts.

The thread's still at the stage where I feel like I'm having to get blood from a stone just to get anywhere though and my reads in both directions have a much lower confidence level than I'd like.

Yeah im just locking u as town

tutuu
September 16th, 2023, 09:47 AM
I might go more into detail once I've finished my Tutuu ISO but to answer for this specific point:

I can vouch for the fact that Tutuu has been on an extremely long town streak due to seeing her play in passing a couple times recently on what I believe to be her home site and it being brought up as a topic there on multiple occasions but, no, I don't think the post saying "I'm on a 37 town streak" in of itself is towny.

That being said, I think the fact that that Tutuu has had this long town streak does amplify certain other townpoints in her favour (her seeing similar tonally and activity-wise to how I recall her play being in the games of hers I spectated, Baker's townread on her and his meta on her as someone who knows Tutuu much better than I do, mindmelding with her on a couple of early takes and funding her solving and questions to generally line up with my own, etc) which, with the context of her not having randed wolf in a very long time, seem much more difficult to fake for a potential wolf-Tutuu specifically than a player who has had a lot of recent wolf rands, for example.

Replicating your town meta, fooling players who know you well and faking convincing solving are in my opinion probably the three most difficult things to do as a wolf in general so a potential wolf-Tutuu coming into this game off such a ridiculously long town streak that I believe has been going for years and then going 3/3 with accomplishing those things on D1 is something that seems pretty unlikely for sure.

Damn this went so hard

If Vittae is wolf i think the only way i can catch them is if i think theyre TMI-ing me

Wiml
September 16th, 2023, 09:48 AM
Thanks gotta work through the pain i feel FUCKED today but i'm hoping that's the worst of it i usually have really good health so nothing lasts more than a few days

This is 5 posts but since i feel generous i will continue reading PLEASE townlock me :BOOHOO::BOOHOO::BOOHOO::BOOHOO::BOOHOO:

As much as I'm complaining about activity levels, I'm a much bigger advocate for putting your offline life and health above all else.

Obviously there's not a lot of people around to say for sure but I'm doubtful that you're in any real danger of going over today and I'd personally advocate against you flipping regardless as I think your posting has been fine and you seem much more likely to self resolve in time (when you feel better) compared to most of the other slots that have barely posted.

tutuu
September 16th, 2023, 09:49 AM
You vote like this:

scumbot5679

The vote button is just to the right on the spoiler button on the text editor and looks like a box with a tick.

Ty scumbot5679

This is so hard on mobile

Wiml
September 16th, 2023, 09:52 AM
Let's talk whats your scumgame and towngame like

Just to clarify before I answer further: you're aware that I'm Wiml, right?

tutuu
September 16th, 2023, 09:53 AM
Lmao well I appreciate the vote of confidence.

Ultimately I feel sort of the same with regards to voting out active players with the current state of the thread. For as long as almost all of the posts in the game are made by the same small handful of people, it's extremely hard to justify voting off somebody who's actively contributing until more people show up and put in enough effort such that voting one of the higher posters out doesn't just gut the game of content entirely.

Yeah

My last game the two wolves were the 2nd and 3rd top posters. 3 townies completely bailed on our team and one townie consciously and purposefully sabotaged our wincon out of personal interpetation of whats fun for them. I dont wanna play games like that, if i lose i lose and i dip. I dont wanna throw games by tinfoiling the ppl putting in effort and letting slankers free win only to hear them gloat about it. This has also happened and i hate it lol

tutuu
September 16th, 2023, 09:56 AM
tutuu

realistically the best option is to kill someone who's unlikely to do be self-resolving and hope it's a jackpot
I'm not a realist nor can i tell apart from the various lowposters that well so i'm making this move

How is anyone self resolving without mafia nk in the first place?

And why me in particular? U dont think i can chop a wolf?

tutuu
September 16th, 2023, 10:00 AM
Another question is why you're more interested to talk to your townreads rather than your scumreads or null reads?

I dont have scumreads. Im sheeping on that person i forgot the name of sorry

I talk to my townreads coz thats how i play

My nullreads are not here i cant talk to them unless i physically find their addresses and go to their houses to stalk them and ask them why arent they playing mafia which i might do

---

I find it odd that you find this odd of me. Have u not observed me express this behavior in all of my town games? Sheeping and cohesion?

tutuu
September 16th, 2023, 10:02 AM
How is anyone self resolving without mafia nk in the first place?

And why me in particular? U dont think i can chop a wolf?

Im confused by that, mafia doesnt have a nk right? I didnt misread the op right? Let me check

tutuu
September 16th, 2023, 10:04 AM
Yeah they dont

So lol (player, not laughing) how do u define self resolving or not in this setup?

tutuu
September 16th, 2023, 10:12 AM
@Marshmallow Marshal

Testing how to ping

tutuu
September 16th, 2023, 10:12 AM
Marshmallow Marshal

tutuu
September 16th, 2023, 10:15 AM

MartinGG99
Marshmallow Marshall
Varcron
ikarusdk
tutuu
scumbot5679
Vittae
lol
The Scarlet Letters

Marshmallow Marshall
Varcron
ikarusdk
The Scarlet Letters

Hello, whos mafia?

Wiml
September 16th, 2023, 10:18 AM
Yeah

My last game the two wolves were the 2nd and 3rd top posters. 3 townies completely bailed on our team and one townie consciously and purposefully sabotaged our wincon out of personal interpetation of whats fun for them. I dont wanna play games like that, if i lose i lose and i dip. I dont wanna throw games by tinfoiling the ppl putting in effort and letting slankers free win only to hear them gloat about it. This has also happened and i hate it lol

Was that the one on TS?

I followed a reasonable amount of that game and I'm very glad I wasn't playing in it.

tutuu
September 16th, 2023, 10:19 AM
Was that the one on TS?

I followed a reasonable amount of that game and I'm very glad I wasn't playing in it.

On fol. Idk about ts i havent played there in months. Site is kind of dead atm

tutuu
September 16th, 2023, 10:20 AM
Vittae are u Wiml? U have the same avi. This pink cup thing

Wiml
September 16th, 2023, 10:20 AM
I miss Bakermir :(

tutuu
September 16th, 2023, 10:21 AM
Just to clarify before I answer further: you're aware that I'm Wiml, right?

Right... i can read. I swear

bakermir
September 16th, 2023, 10:22 AM
hell yea we out here getting that bag baby calculate those fat stacks of cash $$$

https://i.ibb.co/wNrT8GW/37293.jpg

tutuu
September 16th, 2023, 10:23 AM
https://i.ibb.co/wNrT8GW/37293.jpg

Lmao

Wiml
September 16th, 2023, 10:24 AM
Vittae are u Wiml? U have the same avi. This pink cup thing

Ew, what's a Wiml?

Wiml
September 16th, 2023, 10:28 AM
I miss Bakermir :(

And when they needed him the most, he arrived...

bakermir
September 16th, 2023, 10:31 AM
Could you go into some more detail about what made you go down this train of thought?

Not this post itself but what thoughts made you actually want to make it in the first place.

It was out of boredom; I wouldn't call it a train. Trains aren't boring; they are angels, and I love them... I suppose it has eventually invited some people to react to it or me, which is good for my reads.

This makes sense and lines up pretty well with my initial impressions of Baker too. While far from clearing, I think his early WIM / excited attitude is a plus and he seems very different otoh to how I remember him playing the one recent time I've seen him in a game (as a wolf) although I'll need to refresh myself on that game later.

Which game are you referring to here?

bakermir mind linking some good / relevant games of yours as both alignments?

Don't link Mini Fooling Party please I don't really care about lost wolf games.

I don't have any games that stands out tbh I don't find any of them "good". It's like going to the gym you know, you don't realize how small or frail you are until you start working on yourself.

The number of villagers that need to find each other is actually only 4, not 5, even if we assume that we always miselim the day after voting a wolf.

So basically, people just need to self clear and find three consensus confident and correct townreads. It's not at all a difficult setup to crack open if people are willing and able to put that effort in.

I had 5 due to reasons - pessimism if that counts as one; mainly depending on what nominations a mafia will make if we ever chop one. I don't think we should discuss this today, but I am glad to see I wasn't the only one trying to crack the setup.

We need to figure out whom to chop and whom to nominate for tomorrow ASAP.

Mind linking the game?

I mean, what are you going to find out from reading that game? lol is clearly wrong here in how they analyzed me. I might have been joyful in mafia chat, and I had good laughs being teamed with lol because of their content. However, that doesn't mean I show that excitement in the thread or with other mafia players in different mafia games and chats. In fact, it is quite rare for me to enjoy mafia alignment. I am a perfectionist when it comes to randing maf and I won't get into details here. This year, I subbed out of a game because I didn't click with the people on my team, and I was frustrated that I couldn't pay much time to the game, so I was out after D1 ended. Here is a link to it: I don't need the stars to align, but when the stakes are low or the game isn't enjoyable, I am not going to put up with it tolerate it, and I don't mind losing in the end. Mini-Fooling Party where I subbed in is a great example. If I had won the 50% 50% mechanical check in the end, I would have won the game.

So, what in your view makes a game "good"? Vittae

bakermir
September 16th, 2023, 10:32 AM
This year, I subbed out of a game because I didn't click with the people on my team, and I was frustrated that I couldn't pay much time to the game, so I was out after D1 ended. Here is a link to it:

https://mafiathesyndicate.com/viewtopic.php?t=2541&start=450

bakermir
September 16th, 2023, 10:37 AM
From what little I know about Martin as a player, the mentality of being pretty unphased about dying to town kp and being willing to do so if he thinks it benefits whatever team he's on is something that I buy him genuinely believing in even if I don't necessarily agree with what he's saying here.

It's also not something I'd expect Martin, who I believe is a pretty solid wolf, to necessarily be willing to offer out of the gate when it's likely that in most potential wolf teams in this lobby he would be likely to perceive himself as one of the stronger wolves and / or one of the most likely to survive to endgame and win out of almost any wolf team.

Given that aorn it's very likely that most of the wolves are concentrated in the less active players, the above seems especially apparent. It's hard to imagine a world where wolf-Martin expresses willingness to do if his partners were two people who were just likely to minpost, for example, due to the fact that he would likely be expected to follow through on that later into the game if pushed instead of vocally fighting to survive.

Tl;dr he's not really approaching the game in a way I'd expect from somebody I perceive to be a more endgame-focused wolf.

I would let Martin cook. He is a player known for holding onto some of his thoughts until later stages of the game, and this can have an impact, for better or worse, on either himself or the rest of us. It usually ends well for town. Also, on a personal note: I believe I can read Martin very effectively due to certain reasons and history. My last meta read on him was accurate. Reading his champs game D1, I told MM how I could soulread Martin as mafia, and MM was underlining Axis to me. It turns out we were both correct xd

I am taking them into my towncore today.

Speaking of MM, it is unusual for them to miss a day like this. Maybe we should consider extending this day phase.

What are your thoughts @everyone?

bakermir
September 16th, 2023, 10:41 AM

hmm we can look into extending the day and we should probably bring together a list of nominations for scumbot :idea:

tutuu
September 16th, 2023, 10:43 AM
I would let Martin cook. He is a player known for holding onto some of his thoughts until later stages of the game, and this can have an impact, for better or worse, on either himself or the rest of us. It usually ends well for town. Also, on a personal note: I believe I can read Martin very effectively due to certain reasons and history. My last meta read on him was accurate. Reading his champs game D1, I told MM how I could soulread Martin as mafia, and MM was underlining Axis to me. It turns out we were both correct xd

I am taking them into my towncore today.

Speaking of MM, it is unusual for them to miss a day like this. Maybe we should consider extending this day phase.

What are your thoughts @everyone?

Agree on martin

Wdym extend the day phase? How can we do that?

tutuu
September 16th, 2023, 10:47 AM
Baker
Vittae

Martin

Rest null

bakermir
September 16th, 2023, 10:48 AM
I don't really remember him hyperposting like that as scum or lulz claiming mafia. Both of those are 8 out of 10 times town though I prob own the game a reread.

scumbot5679

Let's set aside all the things we've discussed about each other and our previous game. I'd like to hear your thoughts on others here. I understand that you view both me and yourself as town. Do you have any comments on Martin's voting patterns or posts, for instance?

If it's difficult, let me simplify the process for you:

Please give me 3 names that you would nominate if you were chosen for chop today. I'd also like to know if you would adhere to a consensus list for tomorrow if one were provided.

tutuu
September 16th, 2023, 10:49 AM
lol is unreadable btw guys

If u think hes some alignment he alwayps flips the opposite

I bet his alignment changes mid-game just to spite people and be the opposite of what they think

tutuu
September 16th, 2023, 10:50 AM
If i get chopped im nomming scumbot marshmallow and the hydra (respectfully hydras are bad for sanity)

bakermir
September 16th, 2023, 10:55 AM
Yeah

If this is about Litten's smalltown game, I kinda found it fun mostly, but I understand how awful it must have felt for you near the end. Town was completely lost because of a misclear and half the slots afk. You have done great though, I enjoyed you tryharding there :love:

bakermir
September 16th, 2023, 10:59 AM
Agree on martin

Wdym extend the day phase? How can we do that?

Special Mechanics:

IN AN EVENT OF A TIE, the person who is first of the tied players in the list of 3 names will die. Make sure when making a list to put them in order in consideration of this. Ties on Day 1 will extend until the first moment the tie get broken.

Rules:

You must post at least five times every 24 hours. You will receive 1 warning, and will be replaced if this happen the second time. If you posted 0 times in 24 hours, its immediate replacement without warning. In an event of a replacement, I may extend day by 12 more hours.

I have found two different rules stating we can get an extension.

Wiml
September 16th, 2023, 11:00 AM
Which game are you referring to here?

Cyberpunk, actually, so it's pretty funny that you linked it as well.

I mean, what are you going to find out from reading that game? lol is clearly wrong here in how they analyzed me. I might have been joyful in mafia chat, and I had good laughs being teamed with lol because of their content. However, that doesn't mean I show that excitement in the thread or with other mafia players in different mafia games and chats. In fact, it is quite rare for me to enjoy mafia alignment. I am a perfectionist when it comes to randing maf and I won't get into details here. This year, I subbed out of a game because I didn't click with the people on my team, and I was frustrated that I couldn't pay much time to the game, so I was out after D1 ended. Here is a link to it: I don't need the stars to align, but when the stakes are low or the game isn't enjoyable, I am not going to put up with it tolerate it, and I don't mind losing in the end. Mini-Fooling Party where I subbed in is a great example. If I had won the 50% 50% mechanical check in the end, I would have won the game.

Basically everything you've written here already answers your question and speaks for the sort of stuff that I'll look out for when I read some of your old wolf games.

The difference is that self meta isn't a reliable way to deduce these things (in fact, I'd go so far as to say that self meta is notoriously unreliable). The most accurate way to work these things out is to look directly at the games in question and read them yourself without getting an account of said meta filtered through a source that is generally going to be very biased.

So, what in your view makes a game "good"? Vittae

I deliberately leave the definition of what I'm looking for vague when asking for games, largely so that the person in question gives me the ones that fit their criteria of good instead of one that fits a checklist.

Generally, I want to see a wolf game or games that show the upper bound of a player's wolf range that has been demonstrated semi-recently (one where they were active, in good health, performed well, etc). For town games, I care most about recency and high enough effort levels.

bakermir
September 16th, 2023, 11:00 AM
Sorry, we MAY* get an extension.

Hopefully we do because we have 6 hours remaining.

Wiml
September 16th, 2023, 11:10 AM
hmm we can look into extending the day and we should probably bring together a list of nominations for scumbot :idea:

Aorn I'd be looking at something like:

Scumbot
Varcron
Scarlet
MM

As my nominations (naming four because I'm including whoever gets voted).

Ikarus is in the same tier as those 0-posting slots but I'd tiebreak him out of the shortlist for at least having given a genuine reason for his absence.

Obviously that's dependent on if the 0 posts / content slots show up or not though.

tutuu
September 16th, 2023, 11:13 AM
I dont get how this tie thing works

I understand "put them in order" but im not parsing whats written at how its resolved

tutuu
September 16th, 2023, 11:15 AM
Sorry, we MAY* get an extension.

Hopefully we do because we have 6 hours remaining.

Omg lol whats gonna happen with half the slots who are below min post count? 😂

(Im laughing to hide my tears)

tutuu
September 16th, 2023, 11:18 AM

I understand "put them in order" but im not parsing whats written at how its resolved

Does it take into account all of our lists? And it gets stalled infinitely until a player breaks it? But since this is done privately the mafia can instantly break it, no?

Wiml
September 16th, 2023, 11:19 AM
lol is unreadable btw guys

If u think hes some alignment he alwayps flips the opposite

I bet his alignment changes mid-game just to spite people and be the opposite of what they think

Is this a challenge?

tutuu
September 16th, 2023, 11:20 AM
Imagine if this was 8v4. Man. Idk if we can even win a 8v2

tutuu
September 16th, 2023, 11:21 AM
Is this a challenge?

I like how ur like a puppy whose ears straighten up the moment u hear ur favorite keywords

Yessss its a challenge, go get him boy!!!

Wiml
September 16th, 2023, 11:23 AM
Does it take into account all of our lists? And it gets stalled infinitely until a player breaks it? But since this is done privately the mafia can instantly break it, no?

I don't believe that user submitted lists apply until D2+.

Basically, ties will, by the letter of the rules, indefinitely stall the game and lead to an infinite duration D1 if everyone agrees not to tiebreak.

(Although I'm working under the assumption that exploiting this loophole is breaking the rules unless told otherwise so I wouldn't cross your fingers on an extension).

tutuu
September 16th, 2023, 11:24 AM
Sorry guys but im still really tilted at my last game and im biased to view this one cynically. Im not helping by doom and gloom posting. If im proven wrong and ppl post more and/or we catch a wolf - great! I welcome being carried. If not -im not getting burned like last time :)

tutuu
September 16th, 2023, 11:26 AM
I don't believe that user submitted lists apply until D2+.

Basically, ties will, by the letter of the rules, indefinitely stall the game and lead to an infinite duration D1 if everyone agrees not to tiebreak.

(Although I'm working under the assumption that exploiting this loophole is breaking the rules unless told otherwise so I wouldn't cross your fingers on an extension).

Oh

I love breaking games that hosts have carefully spent time designing. Thats the fun of it. Can we do it pls pls pls. We can be the longest game of mafia in history. 1 year dayphase if everyone agrees. Im down. Later on my children will sub in for me and carry on my legacy

Wiml
September 16th, 2023, 11:27 AM
Imagine if this was 8v4. Man. Idk if we can even win a 8v2

Initially the setup was going to be run as 7v4 which I'm... very, very glad isn't the case.

tutuu
September 16th, 2023, 11:28 AM
Initially the setup was going to be run as 7v4 which I'm... very, very glad isn't the case.

Omg right it was 7v4 lmfaoooo jesus

bakermir
September 16th, 2023, 11:29 AM
Cyberpunk, actually, so it's pretty funny that you linked it as well.

Basically everything you've written here already answers your question and speaks for the sort of stuff that I'll look out for when I read some of your old wolf games.

The difference is that self meta isn't a reliable way to deduce these things (in fact, I'd go so far as to say that self meta is notoriously unreliable). The most accurate way to work these things out is to look directly at the games in question and read them yourself without getting an account of said meta filtered through a source that is generally going to be very biased.

I agree that self meta reads can be unreliable. I would argue for even more unreliability when it's not self-meta, especially as mafia. It's likely closer to a 60/70% accuracy ratio in the global community.

lol is an example. I hoped for them to have a different experience here compared to FoL and MU. People tend to misread him more than they should since he is more of a turbo player who had a long streak of mafia rands a while back.

I deliberately leave the definition of what I'm looking for vague when asking for games, largely so that the person in question gives me the ones that fit their criteria of good instead of one that fits a checklist.

Generally, I want to see a wolf game or games that show the upper bound of a player's wolf range that has been demonstrated semi-recently (one where they were active, in good health, performed well, etc). For town games, I care most about recency and high enough effort levels.

Do you have a "good" game I can take a look at? Outside of sc2mafia :)

bakermir
September 16th, 2023, 11:31 AM
Aorn I'd be looking at something like:

Scumbot
Varcron
Scarlet
MM

As my nominations (naming four because I'm including whoever gets voted).

Ikarus is in the same tier as those 0-posting slots but I'd tiebreak him out of the shortlist for at least having given a genuine reason for his absence.

Obviously that's dependent on if the 0 posts / content slots show up or not though.

Basically, it is in our best interest to maintain a tie in D1 votes until every player has made a certain number of posts, making sure that we have a clear plan for D2 and D3.

I'd be okay with anyone being tied with scumbot. We just need to ensure that this mechanical advantage is communicated to everyone to prevent hammers.

bakermir
September 16th, 2023, 11:33 AM
MartinGG99

I apologize for the tag and invading your inbox, but we have found a mech that helps town get a good start to this game.

tutuu
September 16th, 2023, 11:34 AM
Ok well whats the vc? Am on mobile sry. I can vote for a cw or smth

Also btw is 9:30 pm im going to bed really soon

Tell me who to vote, or i can keep my vote and u guys tie a cw

Wiml
September 16th, 2023, 11:35 AM
Oh

I love breaking games that hosts have carefully spent time designing. Thats the fun of it. Can we do it pls pls pls. We can be the longest game of mafia in history. 1 year dayphase if everyone agrees. Im down. Later on my children will sub in for me and carry on my legacy

If we wanted to have the longest mafia game in history, I believe we'd need to be here for another 5+ years.

But like: I'm not against it if it's allowed but I don't really want to advocate for or even discuss a strategy that's very likely to be a rule break without confirmation over its legality.

Wiml
September 16th, 2023, 11:39 AM
If we wanted to have the longest mafia game in history, I believe we'd need to be here for another 5+ years.

But like: I'm not against it if it's allowed but I don't really want to advocate for or even discuss a strategy that's very likely to be a rule break without confirmation over its legality.

powerofdeath is deliberately extending the length of the day phase by forcing an indefinitely tied vote allowed or breaking the rules?

bakermir
September 16th, 2023, 11:42 AM
It should be allowed as it is clearly stated under Special Mechanics :)

Wiml
September 16th, 2023, 11:43 AM
I'll also be dipping an hour or two before EoD myself.

bakermir
September 16th, 2023, 11:44 AM
Yeah, I won't be around next few hours. I need to catch some sleep before my work.

We should probably tie the votes and leave a note to others before leaving!

Wiml
September 16th, 2023, 11:45 AM
It should be allowed as it is clearly stated under Special Mechanics :)

My homesite uses this as a special mechanic pretty frequently and such a thing would absolutely not be allowed, hence why I'm wanting to clarify for the sake of safety before we discuss this any further.

Wiml
September 16th, 2023, 11:46 AM
Regardless, I'm down to create a counterwagon even if just purely from a gameplay standpoint.

Wiml
September 16th, 2023, 11:47 AM
Imo the counterwagon should be Varcron who is still actively wolfy compared to the 0-posters/ikarus who just aren't around.

Wiml
September 16th, 2023, 11:48 AM
Ok well whats the vc? Am on mobile sry. I can vote for a cw or smth

Also btw is 9:30 pm im going to bed really soon

Tell me who to vote, or i can keep my vote and u guys tie a cw

At the top bar of the game there's a bunch of thread tools including a vote count feature.

Wiml
September 16th, 2023, 11:49 AM
On mobile, it's just above the first post of the page.

Wiml
September 16th, 2023, 11:54 AM
Ok, I'm down to tie the wagons now.

powerofdeath
September 16th, 2023, 11:55 AM
powerofdeath is deliberately extending the length of the day phase by forcing an indefinitely tied vote allowed or breaking the rules?

Its allowed. But be aware, the moment 1 person decide to break the tie, day ends.

Wiml
September 16th, 2023, 11:56 AM
Baker/Tutuu, are you happy with Varcron and Scumbot tied wagons?

bakermir
September 16th, 2023, 11:59 AM
Baker/Tutuu, are you happy with Varcron and Scumbot tied wagons?

Are we gonna keep the sc2mafia tradition alive in 2023 by chopping Varcron d1 lol

bakermir
September 16th, 2023, 12:02 PM
Vote Count:

scumbot5679 (4):
bakermir, MartinGG99, Vittae, tutuu

bakermir (1):
Varcron

lol (1):
scumbot5679

tutuu (1):
lol

I guess two of us can vote Varcron and make a two way tie.

I would much prefer voting up the hydra though. Imagine missing out the game as two people lmao

What are the legacy nominations for tied people to follow in case of a goofy hammer?

bakermir
September 16th, 2023, 12:04 PM
tutuu

Thoughts?

tutuu
September 16th, 2023, 12:06 PM
tutuu

Thoughts?

I agree with putting the hydras life at risk out of policy since playing with hydras is rly difficult

I agree with everything else. Or like im fine with killing those ppl. They arent playing the game. We cant win if ppl arent playing the game lol

Ill vote the hydra one sec

tutuu
September 16th, 2023, 12:08 PM
I don't remember Varcron's (one?) post either so feel free to kill him too lol

The Scarlet Letters

tutuu
September 16th, 2023, 12:09 PM
Going to bed in 20 mins if theres anything urgent or u want me to change my vote pls ping me fast

tutuu
September 16th, 2023, 12:12 PM
If we miraculously chop a wolf in this game state u guys are the goats. If we chop a town like i expect we will and ppl stay afk im just sheeping baker/vittae/martin and ill be done with the game :)

bakermir
September 16th, 2023, 12:14 PM
Going to bed in 20 mins if theres anything urgent or u want me to change my vote pls ping me fast

tutuu

3 names to look at before you go

tutuu
September 16th, 2023, 12:15 PM
tutuu

3 names to look at before you go

Scumbot hydra varcron

Baker vittae martin town

MartinGG99
September 16th, 2023, 12:15 PM
Vittae if you're hoping to catch my attention I'll be checking in from time to time (maybe once to twice an hour if I've caught up and have nothing to say) for the next few hours till EoD.

I can't be here as much as I would like, as I got 4 different things I'd like to get over with before Sunday midnight.

On your suggestion of we find enough towns to trust: I'm going to be upfront, I don't think I will ever having you as a top-town or whatever even if I like you. I don't have enough time to read your champs game in full, but I do recall you mentioning having some sort of easy town-reads list. WRT your read of me though I'm guessing that is fine. No alarm bells there. Maybe a tad pockety (as you seem to openly accept and then integrate a quirk of mine into a favorable read) but that's a problem for future martin to worry about.

As of this post I'm at p100 so I still have reading to do.

bakermir
September 16th, 2023, 12:16 PM
If we miraculously chop a wolf in this game state u guys are the goats. If we chop a town like i expect we will and ppl stay afk im just sheeping baker/vittae/martin and ill be done with the game :)

We are going to chop a wolf today/tomorrow.

Marshmallow Marshall
September 16th, 2023, 12:18 PM
Marshmallow Marshall
Varcron
ikarusdk
The Scarlet Letters

Hello, whos mafia?

you

Hi xD

I kinda expected I'd be late as I said pregame, but sorry anyway. Gonna catch up to the best of my ability, starting with the beginning.

tutuu
September 16th, 2023, 12:19 PM
Wait omg we need the top wagons to cross vote

Or do we? No coz they get outed if they hammer
Nvm i see. Smart. So we either get infinite day 1, or an outed wolf. Thats cool

tutuu
September 16th, 2023, 12:20 PM
you

Hi xD

I kinda expected I'd be late as I said pregame, but sorry anyway. Gonna catch up to the best of my ability, starting with the beginning.

You got me dot gif

bakermir
September 16th, 2023, 12:21 PM
Wait omg we need the top wagons to cross vote

Or do we? No coz they get outed if they hammer
Nvm i see. Smart. So we either get infinite day 1, or an outed wolf. Thats cool

Get some rest. I need your keen mind when you are back :)

Wiml
September 16th, 2023, 12:23 PM
The hydra's my third choice solely by PoE so I'm not going to strongly object to them as the counterwagon as long as Scumbot is still the one we're planning to vote once we break the tie.

Marshmallow Marshall
September 16th, 2023, 12:24 PM

Yup, I actually forgot too (despite having read and even discussed the setup lol), and that makes the game quite the marathon. Oof. We'll see how it goes.

This is a very innocuous-looking sentence, but you're basically saying you want... to get lynched? What? It's not necessarily scummy in itself, but why lol

MartinGG99
September 16th, 2023, 12:25 PM
Scumbot seems....chill. Idk I kinda thought maybe there would be a shift in tone when vittae shows he scum-leans or whatever on scumbot.

I'll need to think it over more since I had voted him initially for an entrance post containing a meta read.

On p127

bakermir
September 16th, 2023, 12:27 PM
The hydra's my third choice solely by PoE so I'm not going to strongly object to them as the counterwagon as long as Scumbot is still the one we're planning to vote once we break the tie.

I will be here another 30 minutes or so. I would also like to keep my vote on Scumbot, but I can change it if needed.

I would give Varcron another chance while I have less tolerance for hydras. I agree on the 3 too.

Wiml
September 16th, 2023, 12:37 PM
Vittae if you're hoping to catch my attention I'll be checking in from time to time (maybe once to twice an hour if I've caught up and have nothing to say) for the next few hours till EoD.

I can't be here as much as I would like, as I got 4 different things I'd like to get over with before Sunday midnight.

On your suggestion of we find enough towns to trust: I'm going to be upfront, I don't think I will ever having you as a top-town or whatever even if I like you. I don't have enough time to read your champs game in full, but I do recall you mentioning having some sort of easy town-reads list. WRT your read of me though I'm guessing that is fine. No alarm bells there. Maybe a tad pockety (as you seem to openly accept and then integrate a quirk of mine into a favorable read) but that's a problem for future martin to worry about.

As of this post I'm at p100 so I still have reading to do.

Fwiw, I generally don't expect people to have me as a strong town read. It frequently happens and I go out if my way to try to make my alignment very obvious as town since that's +ev to do but ultimately it's not something I tend to try to rely on and I encourage the strategy I brought up regardless of if I'm in your townread pile or not.

To explain the list thing: in champs, as mafia, I kept a list of people I considered to be viable misvotes and kept updating it so that I could ensure that we were keeping ourselves on track for a win. Definitely not a list of townreada unless you're thinking of me talking about having readlists on my notepad documents or something.

Marshmallow Marshall
September 16th, 2023, 12:38 PM

Mafia
Mafia d4
Mafia d3
Town d2
Town d1

Town (ikarus)
Town (varcron)
Town (martin)
Town (tutuu)
Town (baker)

Did you learn the ways of RNGsus on your pilgrimage to complete your training, good sir? Because what you're proposing is basically an arbitrary =rand lynch order... which is pretty silly xD. It also seemed serious...?

Marshmallow Marshall
September 16th, 2023, 12:42 PM

I like this analysis - as in, I like that you tried to analyze baker's behavior with what little information you have by looking at his attitude. That said, I wouldn't be so quick to townread him based on his excitement, considering it's likely he just is a cool guy who finds being in a cool place cool. We pretty much all missed the guy xD
And besides, it's not like he is known for particularly preferring town over scum, is it?

Wiml
September 16th, 2023, 12:43 PM
Scumbot seems....chill. Idk I kinda thought maybe there would be a shift in tone when vittae shows he scum-leans or whatever on scumbot.

I'll need to think it over more since I had voted him initially for an entrance post containing a meta read.

On p127

I think you might have linked the wrong post number there.

What was your issue with the meta read in the scumbot entrance post? I didn't have a strong opinion on that specific post.

bakermir
September 16th, 2023, 12:44 PM
Did you learn the ways of RNGsus on your pilgrimage to complete your training, good sir? Because what you're proposing is basically an arbitrary =rand lynch order... which is pretty silly xD. It also seemed serious...?

Marshmallow Marshall

You have a lot to catch up. Please trust me and don't hammer. We are saving the game.

MartinGG99
September 16th, 2023, 12:47 PM
Ftr I don't think that either of Martin / Baker are seriously pushing Scumbot as much as their votes there are RVS but if I'm wrong they can correct me.

That being said, there's a few things that have genuinely concerned me about Scumbot's re-entrance into the thread, primarily the total lack of reads outside of Baker (and, just as importantly, ignoring me when I questioned him on it) as well as a treatment of me that felt pretty disingenuous (twisting my words into saying things I hadn't and taking the least charitable interpretation of things I was trying to say).

After mulling it over, I think there's some benefit of the doubt on each of these points (example: Scumbot did interact with you about two reads you had, even if scumbot didn't prompt any more reads of his own) but now I'm thinking its the whole picture of minor issues here or there that's making me suspect scumbot.

Also

Oh and I was mildly pinged by the refusal to provide meta when asked.

It's far from a smoking gun as a standalone thing but I ask for meta pretty frequently and anecdotally I've noticed wolves tend to refuse providing me it noticeably more frequently than villagers do.

A wolf trying to be chill / unaccommodating may be more likely with more than a decade of experience (I conjecture that though, not many decade+ players I've met lol). I'm also seeing it as possibly wolf-ish since when answering about meta he doesn't seem to consider that if nancy is active someone could post scumbot's meta or whatever anyways. Not even a consideration of posting it later as well.

MartinGG99
September 16th, 2023, 12:52 PM
I think you might have linked the wrong post number there.

What was your issue with the meta read in the scumbot entrance post? I didn't have a strong opinion on that specific post.

I was posting that number to show where I was at in my catch-up, as I hadn't quoted a post.

Truth be told, I don't often see meta read entrances unless you're either me or (much more likely) its a game bustling with activity early on where such reads can be easier to make. So I'm inclined to read it as a wolf entrance.

Especially when it reads as if he posted it upon reading someone else comment about Baker:

[tutuu's lengthy townread/discussion of baker]

this does sorta seem like a not his scumplay from last game but the hyper fluff posting is pretty annoying. I'm going to send in a vig shot and hope the mof forgets that im vanilla.

bakermir
September 16th, 2023, 12:54 PM
I am about to leave in 10 minutes. I will be back in 3-4 hours.

Please keep the votes tied if possible. Someone vote up the hydra ty

MartinGG99
September 16th, 2023, 01:09 PM
On fol. Idk about ts i havent played there in months. Site is kind of dead atm

Personally, I think that site just tries to run too many games at once.

Part of the reason why I can't be there all the time is if I'm in one I end up finding myself pulled to the others even though I don't have as much time for it as I would like.

This wasn't an issue 2-3 years ago when I was much more active there, as I had much more time. These days I don't sadly.

MartinGG99
September 16th, 2023, 01:21 PM
MartinGG99

I apologize for the tag and invading your inbox, but we have found a mech that helps town get a good start to this game.

yeah I'm fully aware of it, was aware since game-start really

I'm unsure if I really want to play around a tiebreak since that could make my future plans unpredictable depending on how the phases are processed after the tie-break. Like, obviously, the host isn't going to do 24/0 if the phase ends during his regular sleep time. But if the EoD changed or whatever it could make things trickier for me IRL.

Wiml
September 16th, 2023, 01:23 PM
After mulling it over, I think there's some benefit of the doubt on each of these points (example: Scumbot did interact with you about two reads you had, even if scumbot didn't prompt any more reads of his own) but now I'm thinking its the whole picture of minor issues here or there that's making me suspect scumbot.

Also

A wolf trying to be chill / unaccommodating may be more likely with more than a decade of experience (I conjecture that though, not many decade+ players I've met lol). I'm also seeing it as possibly wolf-ish since when answering about meta he doesn't seem to consider that if nancy is active someone could post scumbot's meta or whatever anyways. Not even a consideration of posting it later as well.

Yeah, I don't have Scumbot as a dead to rights high confidence never rescind wolf or anything along those lines myself but I do think that he's got several wolfy posts on a micro level and a lack of anything I'd consider to be genuinely town indicative ends up adding up to a bigger picture that says "this guy is probably wolfing" even but no single point is damning imo. Ultimately, I'd much rather flip somebody like that who is more likely to actually be a hit over almost any of the null-ish low posters.

MartinGG99
September 16th, 2023, 01:24 PM

For longest day phase though I would imagine it need be only longer than a year?

Although that would mean that unless Sc2mafia wants to break its rule of 1 game at a time we'd be out of more games for a year or longer xD

Wiml
September 16th, 2023, 01:27 PM
I am about to leave in 10 minutes. I will be back in 3-4 hours.

Please keep the votes tied if possible. Someone vote up the hydra ty

Since I won't be around at EoD I'm going to keep my vote fixed on somebody I'd like to see flip (very likely scumbot) and won't be voting outside of that.

Otherwise, it becomes much easier for people to decide on fresh wagons at the last minute that exclude my first choice (eg swapping to hydra + ikarus/MM tied wagons which is just a total waste of a day phase).

Wiml
September 16th, 2023, 01:29 PM
For longest day phase though I would imagine it need be only longer than a year?

Although that would mean that unless Sc2mafia wants to break its rule of 1 game at a time we'd be out of more games for a year or longer xD

Don't worry, the longest day phase I've seen in a mafia game is only about 10 months so we can use those two or so extra months to play other games.

MartinGG99
September 16th, 2023, 01:30 PM
Are we gonna keep the sc2mafia tradition alive in 2023 by chopping Varcron d1 lol

Come to think of it, you may have not been around on the site (during your break) when it happened, so you may be pleased to know:

Varcron was once n1 NK'ed, and one of the towns even publicly predicted it. Poor Varcron can't even save himself from the NK sometimes lol.

Wiml
September 16th, 2023, 01:30 PM
Wait, might have been 11 months.

Wiml
September 16th, 2023, 01:31 PM
Both tines I've seen Varcron play, he died during N1 and never once to town killpower.

MartinGG99
September 16th, 2023, 01:36 PM
Well I've basically read up all the way.

I don't really disagree with consensus.

Martin
Baker
Tutuu

Vitae

Ikarus
lol

Marshmallow

Scarlet
Scumbot
Varcron

groups are unordered but ordering of groups is relevant