PDA

View Full Version : Night 2 sounds

Forum Mafia GM
February 10th, 2012, 03:49 PM
Here are the recorded sounds from last night. Good luck, it took me some time to make this one.

fm Admiral
February 10th, 2012, 04:00 PM
Oh gawd, lol.

Do I have to guess all the different sounds right to level up, or just one portion of it?

Forum Mafia GM
February 10th, 2012, 04:03 PM
all... it isn't that hard

fm Admiral
February 10th, 2012, 04:15 PM
Lol, I can identify the music as the Pink Panther. As for the dialog, a little googling shows it comes from the movie A Shot in the Dark, which I presume is supposed to be part of the Pink Panther theme preceding it.

My guess then is:
1) Private Eye
2) Arsonist

Forum Mafia GM
February 10th, 2012, 04:25 PM
TADAA!!! Good job, see, told you it would be easy enough.

To be fair, I couldn't specify a sound to differentiate Private Eye and Consig, so one of those 2 roles and the arson. I would have accepted both.

fm Admiral
February 10th, 2012, 04:42 PM
Oh geez... Lysergic was doused by the arsonist...?

I didn't hear any sounds resembling murmuring, so he has no night chat. The fact that he was arsonist eliminates himself from being one, since all arsonists know who each other are.
Probability dictates that he's probably town unfortunately...

Eeks. What to do. I don't even know if it's the consig or private eye that visited him. And even if it were the private eye, I wouldn't know which action he took. The only helpful way would be if the private eye took the lookout, would I be identifying the arsonist. Too many risks. Not worth it. And even at this point, I wouldn't be able to save Lysergic by reverse-dousing him. Unless... Herr witched the arsonist last night... Too much to hope...? I guess I'll have to grill him for an answer.

Anyway, Sumi has leveled up! :) Though I guess that means more sound files for you to make. You said it took you a while making this one. Exactly how long did it take you?

Forum Mafia GM
February 10th, 2012, 04:51 PM
from the time I started? looking for appropriate sounds that would make you understand a dousing was hard... then I though of Batman and that scene... it was only later that I found out about the private eye / consig checking so I had to re-edit it again to add in the second set of sounds.
In total: about 2 hours just for you. Plz go back to spying on people who aren't being targeted. :$

Btw, I decided not to add anything that would reveal if they had night chats. Kinda made you OP if I did. Especially if you check 2 people per day.

fm Admiral
February 10th, 2012, 05:31 PM
In total: about 2 hours just for you. Plz go back to spying on people who aren't being targeted. :$

Btw, I decided not to add anything that would reveal if they had night chats. Kinda made you OP if I did. Especially if you check 2 people per day.

Oh my, 2 hours? For the 2 people I visited? Goodness. :x You don't have to quite spend so much time on it, lol. Especially now that I've leveled up. I can pester you all I want in here if your clue is too vague tomorrow. A 5 second segment of each action is fine, heh. So get some rest! I see you on here all the time. -secretly formulating evil plans to search Narks and Zack-

As for my un/dis/anti/il/oppositeprefix-knowledge of a night chat, I am in slight protest lol. Of course, I'm definitely biased in this, since I'm the person being affected. But aren't I technically a warped, weaker version of a lookout then? Cause I don't learn the names of the people who visited him, even if I do learn what happened (or will happen, lol, poor doused Lysergic...). A lookout has a higher chance of figuring out what happens to someone if that person speaks up in day chat, like bussed or witched or whatever. But I have no way of learning who visited the person I did, unless I worked in conjunction with a private eye, which is not feasible. Scum aren't going to say whom they visited. So at best, I could maybe clear someone as being innocent. Maybe.

Granted, finding out whether they have a night chat or not is on the OP side, though the person could technically be jailer, the jailed, or student/mentor, so it's not exactly confirmed Mafia... Though chances are it probably is lol. I promise you I'm not trying to make more work for you or anything! It's just that I don't feel as... useful any more. :( It's like, I'm a metal detector who can detect metal, but only beeps when the sun is aligned in the right spot by chance. The circumstances that I could possibly be useful in identifying scum or clearing innocent people are just very slim now.

I mean, am I missing maybe some key important part I could possibly be playing?

Forum Mafia GM
February 10th, 2012, 05:40 PM
You can detect things that don't send out PMs. You'll know if it's a drug effect or if it's the real thing, you can catch anyone lying about what happened to them last night. You'll detect framers works, you can detect lvl 2 hookers, dousing, blackmailing etc...

There is a good use for your role, you might find out why people are acting the way they are in day chat.

fm Admiral
February 10th, 2012, 06:19 PM
Hehe, oh? Well we shall see how well I play this role then.

The people pushing for Lysergic's lynch may possibly be:
1. The Private Eye who deducted he is scum
2. Scum Roles who knows he isn't scum (unlikely to be the proponents though; too suspicious)

The people directing their attention elsewhere may be:
1. The Private Eye who deducted he is not scum
2. The arsonist, because he knows Lysergic will die by fire soon anyway
3. Fellow Mafia members trying to get suspicion off of him

So far what I've learned from my spying:
The people pushing for Lysergic's lynch are unlikely to be the arsonists

Does Jester flu precedes voluntary killing? Like, if Yayap truly was the arsonist, would he be able to douse Lysergic before dying from the flu? The order of operations state that the Jester visits afterward, but not sure if you can call his epidemic his "visits."

Forum Mafia GM
February 10th, 2012, 06:23 PM
Jester flu was the last thing done.. so everything was done before they died.

fm Admiral
February 11th, 2012, 05:09 PM
Question. May I place a mic on myself to see if anyone visited me?

Forum Mafia GM
February 11th, 2012, 06:16 PM
umm... never thought of that. But I'd allow it.