PDA

View Full Version : New Role: Ghost

Raiden
June 10th, 2011, 02:58 AM
New Role: Ghost

Affiliation: Neutral
Summary: An avenger spirit walking among the living.
Goal: Make the one who killed you lose the game.
Details: You can always listen to dead people. After you die, you can listen and talk to dead people while not possessing, and to living people while possessing.
Power: Possess someone, taking his place for the next day. The original target is not roleblocked at night, but will be silenced and won't be able to perform actions for the next day. You will talk in his place. You can use this ability only after you have been killed.
Passive: None.
Investigation:

Sheriff: Not suspicious.
Investigator: Your target is a loner.

Options:

No-1-2-Unlimited possessions (successful)

Notes:
1. You lose the game if you are lynched OR if you survive until the end.
2. You also automatically lose the game if you die because of jester forced suicide.
3. If someone kills you under the control of a witch, or because you have been bus switched, you must still exact revenge on your killer.
4. You will not retain any of your target abilities, neither active nor passive, neither used in the day nor in the night.
5. If your target would have been silenced, you will still be able to talk.
6. If your target dies the night you possess him, your possession will not be successful.
7. You will not know the identity of your killer. You will know which role or party has killed you (like anyone else).

Sarzael
June 10th, 2011, 04:31 AM
This role is a must.
You sir have winned a support :)

Cheekything
June 10th, 2011, 05:01 AM
It would be interesting for the first night random deaths.

Deolrin
June 10th, 2011, 09:42 AM
I love that idea.
You have my support. :)

CyanBlade
June 10th, 2011, 10:27 AM
I kindof like this, but NOT a loner, as it is, if there is no proof there is a witch in the game, survivor can claim survivor, but for this role, you cannot prove you are a survivor unless you get a vigil to attack you, or you die. and vigils WONT attack you for fear you are a ghost. as such any and all survivors, unless a ghost is not possible, will be lynched on sight. anything but a loner.

Raiden
June 10th, 2011, 11:27 AM
Thanks for the support guys :)

@CyanBlade: why would you lynch any survivor out of fear for a ghost? A ghost is dangerous only if you kill him at night. If anyone claims to be a survivor, letting him live is your best bet. It actually helps survivors survive, as well as anyone else. I think lynching him is a fail strategy, at least for the townies.
The idea behind this role is to help prevent random lynching, random vigi/jailor killing and boredom from early death, at least in my mind. More in depth strategies might rise with time.

WingCraft
June 10th, 2011, 05:29 PM
So much people have such great talent in making roles. And I think you are one of them

Clawtrocity
June 10th, 2011, 05:35 PM
Unless you're the same person this sounds like the Devil Worshipper idea that someone else posted somewhere around here.

Either way some role like this should be added to the game, I don't agree with the name once again, but the concept of being afraid to kill someone should be in the game. (Sort of is with bodyguards)

Krismighty
June 10th, 2011, 07:12 PM
This role sounds awesome and should be added but as the Devil worshipper version but we still call it Ghost.

r4ndomdude
June 10th, 2011, 07:21 PM
This is like my Devil Worshipper role,only mine is BETTER in my opinion.

Raiden
June 10th, 2011, 10:37 PM
Uh, i didn't know about this devil worshipper until now, my idea was genuinely new.

I had a look at the worshipper thread, but i think that it and my ghost are very different, both in mechanics and purposes. Even the possession after death, which is actually the only thing that the two roles share, works in a very different manner: ghost's possession is temporary, dw's is permanent; ghost does not retain the abilities of the target, dw does; ghost uses its powers to avenge his death and make the killer pay, dw doesn't care and will work with the killer's victory conditions.
This means that the dw does not prevent early death boredom, it just switches it from self to another target, and does not even discourage random night killing, since the dw will permanently replace a person of his choice without any condition to make the killer die or lose the game.

It's not like the dw is bad and ghost is awesome, they are just very different concepts. Think of sheriff and investigator: they have a lot more in common in terms of mechanics and purposes than these two.

slick52
June 10th, 2011, 10:51 PM
I also like the ghost better.....

Computer
June 10th, 2011, 11:57 PM
HOW ABOUT
GHOST WHISPERER, when invested shows up magical like witch.
Every night can communicate with one of the dead members.
Align town, wins with town. Cannot communicate with ghosts that shot themselves in roulette.
Like coroner you have to select one person to talk to.

Sarzael
June 11th, 2011, 03:26 AM
Spirit Medium.
Learn to read!

Sarzael
June 12th, 2011, 09:50 AM
NEVER! THIS POST WILL NEVER BE IN THE SECOND PAGE!

Raiden
June 12th, 2011, 11:48 AM
lol thanks sarzael :D

Sarzael
June 20th, 2011, 01:51 AM
This post was first, the Fear revenant Second.

Sarzael
June 21st, 2011, 03:18 AM
I really hope to see this role in the game, same than Spirit Medium.
Those two will probably be my favourites.

Elixir
June 21st, 2011, 03:41 AM
You know you can modify your post right to avoid double posting everywhere but forum mafia?

Sarzael
June 21st, 2011, 06:07 AM
Yeah, but i dont think i should modify a post which was made some days ago...

r4ndomdude
June 21st, 2011, 09:15 AM
I don't like you Sarzael.You don't really understand things right...

wightsnow
June 21st, 2011, 09:45 AM
I don't like you Sarzael.You don't really understand things right...

He also tends to spam.

Illidan
June 24th, 2011, 03:12 AM
BUMP! This role is a must-have, I really hope to see it in the game soon :)

wightsnow
June 24th, 2011, 08:41 AM
BUMP! This role is a must-have, I really hope to see it in the game soon :)

Please post more, having 1 post that is a bump looks like a sock-puppet.