PDA

View Full Version : The Arsonist Ploy

fm Lysergic
February 9th, 2012, 11:21 PM
Instead of checking Ganondorf, I propose we ally ourselves with him through alternative means.

One of our Hookers blocks Ganondorf and leaves the following message:

wE kNoW yOuR rOlE. YoU mUsT cOmPlY wItH oUr DeMaNdS oR bE cOnDeMeD tO a LiFe Of PeRpEtUaL sEx.

FiRsTlY, yOu MuSt DoUsE oNe Of ThE fOlLoWiNg PeOpLe On NiGhT tHrEe.

[Narks
[Zane
[Ambient
[Dark Revenant
[Echonian

SeCoNdLy YoU mUsT sEnD tHeM tHiS dEaTh NoTe

YOU HAVE BEEN DOUSED BY ME. I CAN IGNITE YOU ANYTIME I WANT.
BUT IF YOU REALLY VALUE YOUR LIFE, THE DO THE FOLLOWING ON DAY 3:

YOU MUST CLAIM YOURSELF AS Town Thief AND DECLARE THAT fm Goonswarm IS CONFIRMED MAFIA BECAUSE YOU STOLE FROM HIM AND FOUND GUNS. FURTHERMORE, YOU MUST ACTUALLY VOTE AGAINST fm Goonswarm.

IF YOU DO EXACTLY AS I SAID, THEN YOU WON'T BE INCINERATED ON DAY 3. WHAT IS FORBIDDEN:

IF YOU WON'T DO WHAT I SAID (FRAMING HERRZYNISH), THEN YOU WILL BE INCINERATED.
IF YOU SAY THAT YOU ARE DOUSED, THEY YOU WILL BE IMMEDIATELY INCINERATED.
IF YOU WON'T DO ANYTHING AT ALL DURING DAY 1, YOU WILL BE INCINERATED.
ALSO, IF YOU TRY TO OFFEND fm Nick, YOU WILL BE INCINERATED.

GOT IT? "

If YoU dO nOt CoMpLy, We WiLl EiThEr

[ReVeAl YoUr RoLe To ToWn In A DeAtH nOtE
[BlOcK yOu FoReVer

We MaY aLsO cHoOsE tO gIvE yOu MoRe TaRgEtS tHrOuGh A sPoKeSpErSoN.

Be WaTcHfUl FoR tHoSe wHo UsE tHe WoRd masterful In DaY cHaT.

We WiLl PrOvIdE dOuSe TaRgEtS fOr YoU bY mEnTiOnInG tHe WoRd stick iN a PoSt aNd MaKiNg A lIsT oF pLaYeRs.

If YoU wIsH tO tElL uS yOuR tArGeTs mEnTiOn ThE wOrD tissue iN a PoSt aNd MaKe A lIsT oF pLaYeRs.

If We WiSh To InStRuCt YoU tO iGnItE oUr sPoKeSpErSoN wIlL tYpE tHe WoRd tape.

GOOD LUCK

phew, that was a lot of work.

Okay, so if Ganon is the Arsonist, he will immediately do everything that is outlined above. Not only that, he will know that Suicidalnoob is mafia because of the similar formatting and sentence structure of the death note he gave to suicidaln00b, so he won't ignite.

The only problem arises if he ISN'T arsonist.
If he's town, he will probably tell the entire town. What do we lose, assuming town believes Ganondorf?

1) Well, the town will know that the Mafia thought this guy was arsonist.
2) Town knows that mafia is a team of smart players (at least one).
3) Town can effectively clear 5~ names depending on how many we choose to put on the list.

I think the benefits of having an arsonist work with us for the rest of the game far outweigh the risks. What say you?

fm Elixir
February 9th, 2012, 11:27 PM
Could it be something other than a thief finding guns? That's exactly the situation I'm in. Only difference is I'll pick up Blacksmith support... if he feels like revealing.

fm Elixir
February 9th, 2012, 11:27 PM
Other than that, I love it.

fm Lysergic
February 9th, 2012, 11:30 PM
Instead of checking Ganondorf, I propose we ally ourselves with him through alternative means.
One of our Hookers blocks Ganondorf and leaves the following message:

wE kNoW yOuR rOlE. YoU mUsT cOmPlY wItH oUr DeMaNdS oR bE cOnDeMeD tO a LiFe Of PeRpEtUaL sEx.

FiRsTlY, yOu MuSt DoUsE oNe Of ThE fOlLoWiNg PeOpLe On NiGhT tHrEe.

[Narks
[Zane
[Ambient
[Dark Revenant
[Echonian

SeCoNdLy YoU mUsT sEnD tHeM tHiS dEaTh NoTe

YOU HAVE BEEN DOUSED BY ME. I CAN IGNITE YOU ANYTIME I WANT.
BUT IF YOU REALLY VALUE YOUR LIFE, THE DO THE FOLLOWING ON DAY 3:

YOU MUST CLAIM YOURSELF AS Town Thief AND DECLARE THAT fm Goonswarm IS CONFIRMED MAFIA BECAUSE YOU STOLE FROM HIM AND FOUND GUNS. FURTHERMORE, YOU MUST ACTUALLY VOTE AGAINST fm Goonswarm.

IF YOU DO EXACTLY AS I SAID, THEN YOU WON'T BE INCINERATED ON DAY 3. WHAT IS FORBIDDEN:

IF YOU WON'T DO WHAT I SAID, THEN YOU WILL BE INCINERATED.
IF YOU SAY THAT YOU ARE DOUSED, THEY YOU WILL BE IMMEDIATELY INCINERATED.
IF YOU WON'T DO ANYTHING AT ALL DURING DAY 1, YOU WILL BE INCINERATED.
ALSO, IF YOU TRY TO OFFEND fm Nick, YOU WILL BE INCINERATED.

GOT IT?

If YoU dO nOt CoMpLy, We WiLl EiThEr

[ReVeAl YoUr RoLe To ToWn In A DeAtH nOtE
[BlOcK yOu FoReVer

We MaY aLsO cHoOsE tO gIvE yOu MoRe TaRgEtS tHrOuGh A sPoKeSpErSoN.

Be WaTcHfUl FoR tHoSe wHo UsE tHe WoRd masterful In DaY cHaT.

We WiLl PrOvIdE dOuSe TaRgEtS fOr YoU bY mEnTiOnInG tHe WoRd stick iN a PoSt aNd MaKiNg A lIsT oF pLaYeRs.

If YoU wIsH tO tElL uS yOuR tArGeTs mEnTiOn ThE wOrD tissue iN a PoSt aNd MaKe A lIsT oF pLaYeRs.

If We WiSh To InStRuCt YoU tO iGnItE oUr sPoKeSpErSoN wIlL tYpE tHe WoRd tape.

GOOD LUCK
phew, that was a lot of work.

Okay, so if Ganon is the Arsonist, he will immediately do everything that is outlined above. Not only that, he will know that Suicidalnoob is mafia because of the similar formatting and sentence structure of the death note he gave to suicidaln00b, so he won't ignite.

The only problem arises if he ISN'T arsonist.
If he's town, he will probably tell the entire town. What do we lose, assuming town believes Ganondorf?

1) Well, the town will know that the Mafia thought this guy was arsonist.
2) Town knows that mafia is a team of smart players (at least one).
3) Town can effectively clear 5~ names depending on how many we choose to put on the list.

I think the benefits of having an arsonist work with us for the rest of the game far outweigh the risks. What say you?

fm Lysergic
February 9th, 2012, 11:30 PM
I FIXED THE FORMATTING THANK GOD!

fm Elixir
February 9th, 2012, 11:37 PM
Or at least say it was an unlimited use gun, making him the GF and not 3 other possible roles.

GF Gun is Unlimited
Vigi is 6 shot (or remaining shots)
Mafioso, BG and BS are One shot guns

fm Elixir
February 9th, 2012, 11:39 PM
If he says it's a GF gun, it may lead them very quickly to thinking that it's the traitor.

fm Lysergic
February 9th, 2012, 11:42 PM
Or at least say it was an unlimited use gun, making him the GF and not 3 other possible roles.

GF Gun is Unlimited
Vigi is 6 shot (or remaining shots)
Mafioso, BG and BS are One shot guns
Alright, I'm going to have to read up on some rules and modify this death note.

fm Elixir
February 9th, 2012, 11:45 PM
For a quick reference, a conversation I had the Yap about the gun types.

Just for clarity, the thief would only get a similar gun to mine (a one shot, one time use gun) from a Bodyguard, correct? The only other guns I see to be stolen on the list are from the GF and the Vigi, but unlimited shots and remaining from 6 limited shots would make the list of my possible roles just 2... BG or Mafioso...
BG, Mafioso, and Blacksmith. Thieves can steal the items made by blacksmiths from the blacksmith as well as from anyone who received the item. Sadly, because your gun was stolen night 1, stealing a blacksmith gun was only possible by targeting the blacksmith since thieves steal before he gives the item.

Why would the BS info be sad? If that were the case, I could also be the Blacksmith to him? I'm not sure exactly what you mean by informing me of the fact that the gun was stolen from me and not a blacksmith?

From what you've told me, faking as blacksmith is still viable so long as he keeps stealing from me.
You can claim to be blacksmith no problem... But you can't claim anything else and say the gun the blacksmith gave you was stolen

aka, the thief knows you have to be mafioso, bodyguard or blacksmith instead of anyone that got a gun from blacksmith. (of course, that is if he remembers that stealing happens before items are given)

Can a blacksmith gun be used in as a day shot or is that only for level 2 vigilante's?
only lvl 2 vigs

fm Fred
February 9th, 2012, 11:50 PM
btw we only have one hooker thanks to yayap so what are we going to do with what would appear to be our most important chess piece? And yes we should check ganondorf regardless

fm TheJackofSpades
February 9th, 2012, 11:57 PM
I really think we should put one of the people oops called out on the list instead of echo, and say that the most important is #1 whereas the least is 5.

fm Elixir
February 10th, 2012, 12:01 AM
I'm fine with Lysergic's Hooker plan. Mine is in no way dependent on silencing Oops. And to be honest, I think I'll only run my gambit if he goes after me. Anyone else, I'll just go with the situation.

Also, we have to not completely ignore each other during day. At some point, we're at least going to have to scuffle once. And including each other in our own scum lists isn't a bad idea. Just not all of us, and always with an assortment of others.

fm Lysergic
February 10th, 2012, 12:05 AM
At some point, we're at least going to have to scuffle once. And including each other in our own scum lists isn't a bad idea. Just not all of us, and always with an assortment of others.
Which is why I insulted suicidaln00b in the middle of day chat.

fm Lysergic
February 10th, 2012, 12:08 AM
I really think we should put one of the people oops called out on the list instead of echo, and say that the most important is #1 whereas the least is 5.
You mean us? You want the arsonist to douse me, Elixir, or suicidal? Wat.

fm Elixir
February 10th, 2012, 12:10 AM
We both jabbed at him, he was easy. I meant the rest of us about the rest of us. I can say that I consciously avoided you during day, which I shouldn't have done and likely contributed to Oops' analysis.

fm TheJackofSpades
February 10th, 2012, 12:25 AM
You mean us? You want the arsonist to douse me, Elixir, or suicidal? Wat.
Not actually douse, a safeguard if ganondorf is town, so town sees someone from oops list makes them cleared. but never mind, just a thought.

fm Lysergic
February 10th, 2012, 12:34 AM
Note to Self: Take out Narks from list; Replace with Zack

fm Kromos
February 10th, 2012, 12:55 AM
I think it's beautiful but if goons isn't arson town now knows 5 people who aren't mafia.... maybe his role should be checked first.

fm TheJackofSpades
February 10th, 2012, 12:57 AM
Note to Self: Take out Narks from list; Replace with Zack

yes since narks does unless protected at night.

fm Suicidaln00b
February 10th, 2012, 09:37 AM
Wonderful plan. I thoroughly enjoyed reading it and watching the pieces fall into place.
But remember if he is NOT arson then we should include 2 mafia members towards the bottom, if he IS arson and it becomes confirmed, we can just send him a new target list.
And don't forget to edit the note. (it says day 1 instead of day 2 or w/e)

fm TheJackofSpades
February 10th, 2012, 11:11 AM
Wonderful plan. I thoroughly enjoyed reading it and watching the pieces fall into place.
But remember if he is NOT arson then we should include 2 mafia members towards the bottom, if he IS arson and it becomes confirmed, we can just send him a new target list.
And don't forget to edit the note. (it says day 1 instead of day 2 or w/e)

That's what I was trying to say :D

fm Suicidaln00b
February 10th, 2012, 11:13 AM
That's what I was trying to say :D

I know I just beat you to it ha ha

fm TheJackofSpades
February 10th, 2012, 12:38 PM
I know I just beat you to it ha ha
Or you are better at wording it, I am not a very verbose person.