PDA

View Full Version : [New Role] Prosecutor & Attorney

WrathCyber
May 16th, 2022, 09:49 AM
Someone mentioned this in-game, and I thought it would be a neat replacement in place of Elector. Not sure which role alignment, but I'll add it here so someone can slot it in later as a parity styled role.

Prosecutor - during trials, your vote counts as 2 for guiltying

Attorney - during trials, your vote counts as 2 for innoing.

Renegade
May 16th, 2022, 10:31 AM
They are both too easy to self confirm. Wouldn't then attorney just be a watered down Mayor?

WrathCyber
May 16th, 2022, 10:49 AM
They are both too easy to self confirm. Wouldn't then attorney just be a watered down Mayor?

You can slot these roles anywhere, which includes a potential possibility of revamping Elector to alter votes by changing their role. An auditor but with vote-change mechanics.

WrathCyber
May 16th, 2022, 10:53 AM
Of course, that in itself is a wild idea so I'll leave it up in the air for Frincko to decide.

Lumi
May 16th, 2022, 11:09 AM
They are relatively low power roles, and I agree with Ren where the roles have the problem of being too easily confirmable for a town role.

So making it an evil role seems like the natural solution, but then that's just outing.

Here's a solution: an evil role that gets an extra vote power that they can cast anonymously. (Maybe even while they're on trial so they can inno themselves!)

So then during the day this evil role will be cast their main vote and you'll see something like "WrathCyber has voted for Renegade" but then if WrathCyber is the aforementioned evil role and he wants to double up his vote on Renegade he could vote Renegade with the anonymous vote too and "Someone has voted for Renegade" will appear, or he can split his vote and vote for someone else entirely!

Would open up some very interesting WIFOM possibilities and it doesn't have the issues that Elector has.

Varcron
May 16th, 2022, 03:20 PM
I like Lag's suggestion so long as both votes are completely separate and are not linked to eachother (or if you can make it seem like someone else is voting for that person, that would be a good way to confuse people).

There's a very,very fine balance in roles that influence voting power though, of which we discovered in Elector when it was originally put into mafia 2.0 before people removed for being overpowered (although yeeting 4 votes from the mayor was fun lol). I think OP's original suggestion is too self confirmable, so that balance needs to be maintained with something like Lag suggested in the post above.

ZZorange
May 24th, 2022, 02:33 PM
Yeah gotta go with Lag here that idea sounds a lot better than OPs idea.