PDA

View Full Version : Daykill feature for fm

DJarJar
April 9th, 2022, 07:12 PM
There is now daykill functionality for FM.

The host/OP of the thread must first enter [ enabledaykills][/enabledaykills]

Then anybody in the thread can do [ daykill]username[/daykill]

It will immediately close the thread so nobody will post after the kill.
It also @ mentions the username you entered so they get a notification and hopefully realize not to post anymore in future days

The enable day kills bbcode must be done anytime votes are reset (e.g. whenever day ends)

DJarJar
April 9th, 2022, 07:14 PM
If the host enables this and then you use it to close the thread when you’re not supposed to (you don’t have a day kill power) then you will face infractions. So please don’t.

OzyWho
April 9th, 2022, 08:08 PM
I think American Flag was the first setup that had day kills end the days. Feature is nice to have, just I expect most to have forgotten about it before the next time arises that it'll be needed - that remembering will be a fun moment. :laugh:

DJarJar
April 9th, 2022, 08:24 PM
I think American Flag was the first setup that had day kills end the days. Feature is nice to have, just I expect most to have forgotten about it before the next time arises that it'll be needed - that remembering will be a fun moment. :laugh:

it doesn't have to officially end the "FM day" but it just immediately closes the thread when you want to do your day kill which seems normal? Now you don't have to hope for host to be online to do your day kill either?

DJarJar
April 9th, 2022, 08:26 PM
if it's an anonymous day kill you could make a 2nd forum account to do it, else w/e

theoneceko
April 9th, 2022, 08:27 PM
There is now daykill functionality for FM.

The host/OP of the thread must first enter [ enabledaykills][/enabledaykills]

Then anybody in the thread can do [ daykill]username[/daykill]

It will immediately close the thread so nobody will post after the kill.
It also @ mentions the username you entered so they get a notification and hopefully realize not to post anymore in future days

The enable day kills bbcode must be done anytime votes are reset (e.g. whenever day ends)

BBMIRUS

thanks aami

Marshmallow Marshall
April 9th, 2022, 09:19 PM
ABCDmirus MVP. Thaaaaanx!!