PDA

View Full Version : [Role Change] Street Racer Should Have Speeding Crime

ChannelMiner
April 3rd, 2022, 03:58 PM
Street racers should have a crime so that invests can prove them.

So you're telling me that street racers have no crimes?

So they "race" without speeding? Yeah right.

Frinckles
April 3rd, 2022, 04:40 PM
Street racers should have a crime so that invests can prove them.

So you're telling me that street racers have no crimes?

So they "race" without speeding? Yeah right.

This was originally planned but scrapped. In that he would appear as Mafia or suspicious or something as a trade off for being untargetable some nights.

DJarJar
April 3rd, 2022, 04:49 PM
in the nights he is racing, wouldn't the invest get no feedback at all rather than "no crimes"? That lack of feedback basically confirms it.

Helz
April 3rd, 2022, 07:16 PM
The evolution of the crime structure came from an offhand comment I made to Rev years back.

The core idea was something along the lines of not having detectable roles if no action was taken leaving roles the option to take no action and increasing depth of gameplay.

It built upon the old invest concept of pools. With that you would need the racer to have some town/non-town/evil parallels in crimes to balance as the game existed. Otherwise you make a self-confirmable role which is really bad for gameplay.

I am not saying it should not be a thing but I do feel more needs to go into it than 'make a crime for this role' from a balance standpoint.

ChannelMiner
April 15th, 2022, 11:52 AM
The evolution of the crime structure came from an offhand comment I made to Rev years back.

The core idea was something along the lines of not having detectable roles if no action was taken leaving roles the option to take no action and increasing depth of gameplay.

It built upon the old invest concept of pools. With that you would need the racer to have some town/non-town/evil parallels in crimes to balance as the game existed. Otherwise you make a self-confirmable role which is really bad for gameplay.

I am not saying it should not be a thing but I do feel more needs to go into it than 'make a crime for this role' from a balance standpoint.

The balance standpoint is that currently Street racer is hard to prove because people don't know what no feedback is, so if SR stops drifting an invest can prove him coz no one else has speeding.

This is kinda needed because SR gets lynched a lot.