PDA

View Full Version : [Misc. Suggestion] Oracles that die during the middle of the day

Veliaire
January 15th, 2022, 01:42 PM
I just played a game where I as oracle died to a doll, but my ability wasn't used until the end of the day. If an oracle dies during the day, I believe that their abilities should show the moment they die. It could mean the difference in a tight game, if we get that information ASAP instead of waiting until after lynchings.

Frinckles
January 15th, 2022, 02:13 PM
I just played a game where I as oracle died to a doll, but my ability wasn't used until the end of the day. If an oracle dies during the day, I believe that their abilities should show the moment they die. It could mean the difference in a tight game, if we get that information ASAP instead of waiting until after lynchings.

I thought about this and agree to some extent but I don't want day kills to overload players with information especially in cases where there is more than one.

Another concern is that it might make Oracle too risky of a fake-claim for scum. Constables might just start blasting Oracles left and right.

But I'll mess around with the concept in the editor and if I find an implementation that looks good, I'd be willing to try it out.

RufusPL
January 15th, 2022, 02:29 PM
Oracle is already one of the easiest claims to make, i don't see a reason to encourage it.

Grakylan
January 20th, 2022, 01:03 PM
Oracle is already one of the easiest claims to make, i don't see a reason to encourage it.

Frankly, if you claim Oracle as evil, esp if theres unrevealed Constable in play, you are just asking to be shot by Constable or lynched.